PDA

View Full Version : I swear if the Colts beat the Ravens, I'm going to do something to express my anger

gg no re
10-25-2011, 01:08 AM
auuugh

The Cush
10-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Why? They will still be irrelevant and it will knock them down in the Suck for Luck race

Clamp
10-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Because the Titans beat them early in the season and now the Jags did too, but we lost to them.

1-Its a tie breaker should it come down to that at the end of the season and we lose to one of them at some point.

2-We just rolled the Titans and hope to do the same to the Jags, but the Ravens really controlled most of the game against us. Just stinks to know that the Texans were more than talented enough to beat them and we didn't.

Allstar
10-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Honestly it'd be best for Baltimore to add one more loss and Indy to add a win.

ObsiWan
10-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Honestly it'd be best for Baltimore to add one more loss and Indy to add a win.

Agreed. As much as it would irk me to be the only AFC South team to lose to the Ravens, for a playoff contender like the Ravens to have another conference loss can only help us in the playoff hunt.

HJam72
10-25-2011, 08:50 AM
auuugh

OK, but just don't jinx the O-Line anymore. :)

drunkcookie
10-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Because the Titans beat them early in the season and now the Jags did too, but we lost to them.

1-Its a tie breaker should it come down to that at the end of the season and we lose to one of them at some point.

But doesnt it help that the Texans are the only AFC South team to beat the Steelers?

Serious question..

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

Playoffs
10-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Turn it loose, son ... turn it loose.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 09:17 AM

2-We just rolled the Titans and hope to do the same to the Jags, but the Ravens really controlled most of the game against us. Just stinks to know that the Texans were more than talented enough to beat them and we didn't.

NFL Tiebreaking Procedures

The six postseason participants from each conference are seeded as follows:

The division champion with the best record.
The division champion with the second-best record.
The division champion with the third-best record.
The division champion with the fourth-best record.
The Wild Card club with the best record.
The Wild Card club with the second-best record.

Tie Breakers

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

I don't see another AFC South team winning 9 games. I thought Tennessee could win 10, but not any more.

head-to-head record comes before common opponents... way ahead & usually only come into account for non-division games.

best won-loss in the division, I think we got this.

The only thing that upsets me about the Titans, Jags, & the Colts (possibly) beating the Ravens, is that we should have. We could have. & they did it with defense, which makes me think our defense isn't as impressive as it seems so far.

gwallaia
10-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Agreed. As much as it would irk me to be the only AFC South team to lose to the Ravens, for a playoff contender like the Ravens to have another conference loss can only help us in the playoff hunt.

If the Texans make it to the playoffs, it will be as a division winner, not as a wild-card team. It helps us if the Colts, Jags and Possums lose, makes no difference about the Ravens.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
If the Texans make it to the playoffs, it will be as a division winner, not as a wild-card team. It helps us if the Colts, Jags and Possums lose, makes no difference about the Ravens.

Ravens losing would make them a Wild Card. If we get a first week bye (stop laughing, it could happen) we may not have to play them & get someone we match up better against... I don't know who that could be right now.. Cincinnati maybe.. Jags (stop laughing, I'm just throwing names out there).

But the more losses the Ravens have, the better our chances of a first round bye.

Dutchrudder
10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
I would like to see the Colts win a game, any game at this point (except against the Texans). They need a couple of wins to avoid getting first pick.

Ryan
10-25-2011, 11:19 AM
The Ravens are last year's version of the Cowboys to us. I don't think the Cowgirls beat anyone else in our division but us. Must have been their Super Bowl. :shades: