PDA

View Full Version : Since everyones Drinking KOOL AID AGAIN. What will be the score next week ?

EllisUnit
10-24-2011, 09:24 PM
I love to hear next week predictions after a big win. All the Homerism comes out, well from most people. We still have the select few who want to see nothing more than an 0-16 season so Kubiak will be gone. But i am not one of them so i say the texans

WIN

31-10

Although after the blow out win last week i would love to follow that up with a 52-0 win :).

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 09:45 PM
The Texans are actually favored by 10.5.

Jacksonville actually looking good against the Ravens. (could the power rankings in the AFC be more confusing?)

Texans will win 24-13.

Ryan
10-24-2011, 09:54 PM
27-13 Texans. Jags are coming off a really high emotion game on a short week, their offense has little to offer, defense is solid but i still think we have the advantage.

TexCanada
10-24-2011, 11:10 PM
24-7 Texans. Jags D is not bad, but their offense can't stay on the field.

Kthx
10-24-2011, 11:14 PM
After watching tonights game I am going to have to curb my enthusiasm a bit and go for something like 24-17 Texans. Well see how MJD does going up against Wade instead of Bush, because in the past hes burned us plenty of times. I hope the fumbleitis lasts through Sunday though.

TheMatrix31
10-24-2011, 11:22 PM
I'll say 30-16 or something of the sort.

JCTexan
10-24-2011, 11:27 PM
I feel a lot more confident now that Jville has beaten Baltimore. Jacksonville is coming off an emotional win, short week, playing on the road, etc.. All should make for a victory for the Texans. 34-13.

b0ng
10-24-2011, 11:32 PM
I have no idea anymore. Football is so crazy.

Naiirb
10-24-2011, 11:36 PM
The Jags just played their Superbowl. Texans bring theme back down to earth next Sunday 24-10

fiasco west
10-24-2011, 11:39 PM
The Jags just played their Superbowl. Texans bring theme back down to earth next Sunday 24-10

Good point. I think next week will be our superbowl as well.

TheDream34
10-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Hopefully their kicker doesn't go all janikowski on us like he did today against the ravens

Dutchrudder
10-25-2011, 12:24 AM
41-7 book it.

Corrosion
10-25-2011, 12:50 AM

Jacksonville actually looking good against the Ravens. (could the power rankings in the AFC be more confusing?)

Texans will win 24-13.

Man did the Jag's defense ever take it to the Ravens ..... I quit watching about mid way 3rd quarter and they hadnt given up a first down , WTF ?! Gotta tip my hat to the Jaq D .....

Edit: Jacksonville didn't allow a first down until the 5:26 mark of the third quarter. Thats just amazing .....

If that same defense shows up next Sunday , the Texans will be in a for a hell of a fight ....

The possibility of AJ and Casey being back is a plus .... I sure hope they dont bring those guy's back too soon and have them end up worse for it. They cant afford to lose them for the season , the past three games was more than enough.

ObsiWan
10-25-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm with b0ng. I don't know what the hell to expect any more. Before this sorry offensive display, I had the Ravens as one of my first tier teams. I still think their defense is first tier but that offense is 2nd tier at best. It looked worse than that on MNF. Then again, the Jags' D shut held the Steelers to only 70 yds of offense in the 2nd half of that game. So maybe it was their D as much as the Ravens having a sorry night on offense.

Hopefully, the Jags are so beat up after this battle they won't have much in the tank. I think that if we can get the running game going again and keep Schaub upright, we'll have it made. If not, it'll be another ugly game. I HATE ugly games.

imatexan
10-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Texans 24
Jags 17

TheMatrix31
10-25-2011, 02:04 AM
The AFC is so...freakin....wide open. Even the "consensus best" Patriots are ridiculously vulnerable.

Corrosion
10-25-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm with b0ng. I don't know what the hell to expect any more. Before this sorry offensive display, I had the Ravens as one of my first tier teams. I still think their defense is first tier but that offense is 2nd tier at best. It looked worse than that on MNF. Then again, the Jags' D shut held the Steelers to only 70 yds of offense in the 2nd half of that game. So maybe it was their D as much as the Ravens having a sorry night on offense.

Hopefully, the Jags are so beat up after this battle they won't have much in the tank. I think that if we can get the running game going again and keep Schaub upright, we'll have it made. If not, it'll be another ugly game. I HATE ugly games.

I really thought the Ravens were the class of the AFC .... better than the Pats because .... the Pats dont play much D and the Ravens had been very balanced offensively thus far.
This conference is wide the **** open this year .... every team has its flaws.

Pats D sucks
Steelers O sucks
Chargers are inconsistent as usual
Ravens .... a tale of two teams
Texans .... See the Ravens.
Dolts .... Peytonless.
Tits .... Good , bad , ugly.
Jets ..... Does Sanchize show up ?! Or does he do his best HHWNBM impersionation!?
Raiders .... just too beat up now. Damn couldnt we have drawn them two weeks later ?!

Making me think of that Raiders game where they dominated every stat including turnovers and still lost ..... I had almost forgotten about that damn fake punt .... that was the dagger ... Was it McCain who was running down field at the return guy 35 yards from the LOS ?! ..... Im sick now. This calls for a couple shots and a soma to put my ass to sleep without nightmares of that game.

ObsiWan
10-25-2011, 03:22 AM
I really thought the Ravens were the class of the AFC .... better than the Pats because .... the Pats dont play much D and the Ravens had been very balanced offensively thus far.
This conference is wide the **** open this year .... every team has its flaws.

Pats D sucks
Steelers O sucks
Chargers are inconsistent as usual
Ravens .... a tale of two teams
Texans .... See the Ravens.
Dolts .... Peytonless.
Tits .... Good , bad , ugly.
Jets ..... Does Sanchize show up ?! Or does he do his best HHWNBM impersionation!?
Raiders .... just too beat up now. Damn couldnt we have drawn them two weeks later ?!

Making me think of that Raiders game where they dominated every stat including turnovers and still lost ..... I had almost forgotten about that damn fake punt .... that was the dagger ... Was it McCain who was running down field at the return guy 35 yards from the LOS ?! ..... Im sick now. This calls for a couple shots and a soma to put my ass to sleep without nightmares of that game.

Good assessment.
But you forgot the two mystery teams the Bungles and the Buffalo wings. I say mystery because I don't know how they're pulling off their winning records. The Bills beat the Pats for goodness sakes. And then the Bungles turned around and beat the Bills.
Neither of them have an overly tough schedule once they get outside their division and both still have 5 more division games left. If they don't implode and have a decent showing in their divisions (meaning going 3-3 or better), both teams could make the playoff race a big mess.

ObsiWan
10-25-2011, 03:23 AM

Texans will win 24-13.

I wonder how the line has changed after their win...?

Corrosion
10-25-2011, 04:05 AM
Good assessment.
But you forgot the two mystery teams the Bungles and the Buffalo wings. I say mystery because I don't know how they're pulling off their winning records. The Bills beat the Pats for goodness sakes. And then the Bungles turned around and beat the Bills.
Neither of them have an overly tough schedule once they get outside their division and both still have 5 more division games left. If they don't implode and have a decent showing in their divisions (meaning going 3-3 or better), both teams could make the playoff race a big mess.

I think the Bungles are playing over their heads , thats such a young team ..... The Bills .... are hard to figure , are they for real ?! Both of them have tough division games ahead. I expect the Bungles to go 7-9 , the Bills , I just dont know .... they could go 7-9 or .... 10+ W's.

One thing for sure , Dalton is the real deal at QB ..... quite possibly the best QB in this past draft. He doesnt have a whole lot to work with but they keep finding a way to stay afloat.

BigBull17
10-25-2011, 07:20 AM
The Ravens are putrid on offense, strong on D. We are pretty good on D, way better on offense. 20-6

TheRealJoker
10-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Jags tend to get back on track against us but they seem to be gaining momentum in preparation for Battle Red Day.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm going to say 13-0

Houston

:texan:

Blake
10-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Texans 23
Jags 20

TimeKiller
10-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Texans- 34
Jags- 13

:koolaid: mmmmm-mmmmmM!!!!!!!!!

Texan_Bill
10-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Re: Since everyones Drinking KOOL AID AGAIN. What will be the score next week ?

Way too much to not nearly enough?? :koolaid:

False Start
10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Little early to say. With Dre, and Thor possibly returning, it could get ugly, uglier than those tarps from the MNF game. :mcnugget:

MojoMan
10-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Baltimore's offense laid an egg last night. It happens. We know first hand that they can play a good bit better than that, because we have seen it.

The Jags are a real, live NFL team that appears to have a solid defense. Who expected them to open the season 1-5? No one that I can recall. They are clearly not as bad as that record indicated.

Now the Jags are 2-5. If they beat the Texans on Sunday, they will be 3-5, one game behind the 4-4 Texans. This is the NFL ladies and gentlemen. There are no free passes. The Texans will have to show up and play hard if they want to win.

Which I believe the Texans will do, 27-13.

b0ng
10-25-2011, 08:44 AM
I'll make a prediction. This game is going to be ugly. The Jaguars offense is going to make our defense look all world. Blaine Gabbert currently is hot garbage as a QB but the Jags can run the ball somewhat. On the flip side the Jags have great DT's and our O-line seems to have problems when they play great DT's. Offense isn't going to need to beat them down over and over, they just need to get about 20 or so points.

All that being said I'm going to say 17 - 13 good guys, and everybody comes back from the game pissed off.

Still though, I would say that the Ravens offense did more to hand the game to the Jaguars than what the Jaguars were doing. If Kubiak can come up with a few plays that exploit the Jaguars LB's (specifically Pouslouzny) or their DE's, then we should win this game. Troy Nolan better be ready to play well, because if Gabbert has a great game it could really be tough to win this.

drunkcookie
10-25-2011, 08:47 AM
17-3 Texans

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 08:51 AM
The Jags are a real, live NFL team that appears to have a solid defense. Who expected them to open the season 1-5? No one that I can recall. They are clearly not as bad as that record indicated.

Now the Jags are 2-5. If they beat the Texans on Sunday, they will be 3-5, one game behind the 4-4 Texans. This is the NFL ladies and gentlemen. There are no free passes. The Texans will have to show up and play hard if they want to win.

The Jags have a top 10 run D.

The 6th passing D

6th total D

8th scoring D (ppg)

We'll have to help them jack those numbers up come Sunday.
:koolaid:

badboy
10-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Man did the Jag's defense ever take it to the Ravens ..... I quit watching about mid way 3rd quarter and they hadnt given up a first down , WTF ?! Gotta tip my hat to the Jaq D .....

Edit: Jacksonville didn't allow a first down until the 5:26 mark of the third quarter. Thats just amazing .....

If that same defense shows up next Sunday , the Texans will be in a for a hell of a fight ....

The possibility of AJ and Casey being back is a plus .... I sure hope they dont bring those guy's back too soon and have them end up worse for it. They cant afford to lose them for the season , the past three games was more than enough.If they suit up, I would not start them unless we are getting significantly beaten & need to get back in game. I want a W but they need as much time off as possible.

FR0497
10-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Texans get this one 23-13

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Still though, I would say that the Ravens offense did more to hand the game to the Jaguars than what the Jaguars were doing. If Kubiak can come up with a few plays that exploit the Jaguars LB's (specifically Pouslouzny) or their DE's, then we should win this game. Troy Nolan better be ready to play well, because if Gabbert has a great game it could really be tough to win this.

Was Blaine Gabbert a running QB in college?

They had the option set up beautifully when they had man coverage set up to the right. BG botched it by pitching the ball to Rice after the DE & the OLB crashed down on him.

If Gabbert can run, he'd have picked up 15 on that play.

I don't know if it truly was the option or if he was rolling out to the right. Being that he pitched it, I think it was an option play. But I could be very, very wrong.

b0ng
10-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Was Blaine Gabbert a running QB in college?

They had the option set up beautifully when they had man coverage set up to the right. BG botched it by pitching the ball to Rice after the DE & the OLB crashed down on him.

If Gabbert can run, he'd have picked up 15 on that play.

I don't know if it truly was the option or if he was rolling out to the right. Being that he pitched it, I think it was an option play. But I could be very, very wrong.

I thought Mizzou ran a spread when Gabbert was there, but I could be mistaken. I remember him being more of a pocket guy with some quicks but not like Rodgers/Smith/Newton/Tebow where running is a viable option for designed plays.

HOU-TEX
10-25-2011, 09:19 AM
The Jags D was playing out of their minds last night. I knew they were decent, but that was impressive to me. The best thing we have going for us is they have a short week. If they play like they did last night we'll have our work cut out for us.

Establish the run, stop MJD and we should be ok.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 09:25 AM
The Jags D was playing out of their minds last night. I knew they were decent, but that was impressive to me. The best thing we have going for us is they have a short week. If they play like they did last night we'll have our work cut out for us.

Establish the run, stop MJD and we should be ok.

Those two don't go hand in hand. The only way to stop MJD is to put up points & make them throw... or so it's been for us in the past.

If we can't score early on that D, they'll have no problem giving the ball to the little bowling ball 30+ times.

HOU-TEX
10-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Those two don't go hand in hand. The only way to stop MJD is to put up points & make them throw... or so it's been for us in the past.

If we can't score early on that D, they'll have no problem giving the ball to the little bowling ball 30+ times.

How do they not go hand and hand? lol

We establish the run, we win TOP and keep their O off the field. We stop MJD, our D get's off the field. Our O on the field = potential points on the board.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 09:34 AM
How do they not go hand and hand? lol

We establish the run, we win TOP and keep their O off the field. We stop MJD, our D get's off the field. Our O on the field = potential points on the board.

I meant their defense & stopping MJD

If we can't score on their D, MJD will get 30 carries, eat up time, keep our offense off the field. etc.. etc..

texanfan2002114
10-25-2011, 09:35 AM
17-7 Texans

silvrhand
10-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Baltimore's offense laid an egg last night. It happens. We know first hand that they can play a good bit better than that, because we have seen it.

Which I believe the Texans will do, 27-13.

Trap game.. just hope they don't fall for it.

Vinnie
10-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Hopefully their kicker doesn't go all janikowski on us like he did today against the ravens

That's fine by me, as long as we're trading TD's for their FG's. 28-12 Texans

El Tejano
10-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I just hate that Clint Sessions plays for them. He's always good for an inopportune int against us.

Double Barrel
10-25-2011, 11:32 AM
The Jags have always played the Texans well over the years. The Texans need to score early in the game so the defense can pin their ears back for the Jags passing game (which is anemic right now). If the Texans can get a two score lead early in the game, I think it could be a route. If they let the Jags stay close, then it could be a game where the Texans snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think they Texans get up early and hammer it home. 24-10 Texans. :texflag:

infantrycak
10-25-2011, 12:00 PM
The Jags have always played the Texans well over the years.

We were having that rivalry talk the other day. Truth is these teams have always played each other tough. Gotta give Jags fans credit that most have recognized the same fact even when they were up and we were down. I don't see the same level of antipathy as with the Tacks but the Texans and Jags do battle.

mootini
10-25-2011, 12:51 PM
I'll go against the grain on this one, Jags 20, Texans 17...Scoobs with the 50 yard FG to win. :kitten: :kitten: :kitten:

DX-TEX
10-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I'll go against the grain on this one, Jags 20, Texans 17...Scoobs with the 50 yard FG to win. :kitten: :kitten: :kitten:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/avatars/Jaguars.JPG

:voodoo:

mootini
10-25-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/avatars/Jaguars.JPG

:voodoo:

LOL! pins and needles won't help...the Teal Kool Aid is coming to splash out that Battle Red. We're the best 2-5 team in the NFL! LOL!!!!! Meow! :kitten:

The Pencil Neck
10-25-2011, 01:02 PM
17-10 Texans.

This is going to be a war.

Vinnie
10-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Holy moly, early line is Texans -9.5

mootini
10-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Holy moly, early line is Texans -9.5

Nice, the Ravens were 10! Take the Jags and the points!

DX-TEX
10-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Nice, the Ravens were 10! Take the Jags and the points!

Can the Jags score 10 points is the better question.

silvrhand
10-25-2011, 01:19 PM
LOL +1 rep

mootini
10-25-2011, 01:31 PM

What if they hold the Texans to 7 points?

Vinnie
10-25-2011, 01:34 PM

What if pigs could fly?

DX-TEX
10-25-2011, 01:35 PM

Not. Gonna. Happen.

mootini
10-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Not. Gonna. Happen.

Ask the Ravens.

DX-TEX
10-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Ask the Ravens.

Yeah..... Dre more than likely to return, we have TWO starter caliber RB's, one of the best O lines in the league and even with his faults, Schaub is better than Flacco.

Not gonna deny the Texans could come out and crap the house, they have some precedent for that. Just like the Raiders game here: was the Jags D that good or did the Ravens offense just play that bad?

Texan_Bill
10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Ask the Ravens.

Where were you to call your shot BEFORE Monday?? :kitten:

Calface4
10-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Jacksonville is 0-3 on the road including a 32-3 beat down issued by the jets in new york. I absolutly cannot see or imagine the texans losing their next two home games. But i've been wrong about this team many times before :kubepalm:

Texan_Bill
10-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Jacksonville is 0-3 on the road including a 32-3 beat down issued by the jets in new york. I absolutly cannot see or imagine the texans losing their next two home games. But i've been wrong about this team many times before :kubepalm:

Signed,

the 2004, 4-12 Cleveland Browns at Reliant.

mootini
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah..... Dre more than likely to return, we have TWO starter caliber RB's, one of the best O lines in the league and even with his faults, Schaub is better than Flacco.

Not gonna deny the Texans could come out and crap the house, they have some precedent for that. Just like the Raiders game here: was the Jags D that good or did the Ravens offense just play that bad?

The Jags Defense has been solid all year. How this NFL season is going, watch both Defense's crap out and some how, it's a shoot out game! LOL No, this is a stetement game for the Texans. You guys need to win and show this Division is your's. You have the most balanced team in the Division. That MNF game may have been a spark game for the Jags? At 2-5, If they some how beat the Texans, go into a Bye week..then come out vs Colts, then Browns...could be 5-5 and in the thick of things? This is a great opportunity for the Texans to take the Division, Sunday.

mootini
10-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Where were you to call your shot BEFORE Monday?? :kitten:

I was getting ready for the game! I'm tried today!!!! Cubieland sucks today!

mootini
10-25-2011, 02:03 PM

Luke Mcclown throws 4 interceptions vs Jets..it wasn't the defense's fault. We lost the Panthers and Bengals games to an awesome punter named Matt turk...I'm sure you guys have heard of this wonderful Punter!

76Texan
10-25-2011, 02:04 PM

Hey, how' the surf?!?

Hope everything goes well for you!

mootini
10-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey, how' the surf?!?

Hope everything goes well for you!

Same to you!

Surf has been great this Fall...nice all those Hurricane went up the coast ;) The football Gods haven't be so nice...College or Pros...Hey the Jacksonville Sharks won the Arena Bowl!!! oh...well...it's peanut butter jelly time!

Calface4
10-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Luke Mcclown throws 4 interceptions vs Jets..it wasn't the defense's fault. We lost the Panthers and Bengals games to an awesome punter named Matt turk...I'm sure you guys have heard of this wonderful Punter!

Key word LOST. Ya'lls defense might not have been the problem but your offense still failed to score against a mediocre football team. Luke Mcclown sucks haha

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 02:14 PM
The Jags... At 2-5, If they some how beat the Texans, go into a Bye week..then come out vs Colts, then Browns...could be 5-5 and in the thick of things?

FYI,

it feels good, as a Texans' fan, to know that Jags fans are dreaming about getting to 5-5....

priceless.

76Texan
10-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Same to you!

Surf has been great this Fall...nice all those Hurricane went up the coast ;) The football Gods haven't be so nice...College or Pros...Hey the Jacksonville Sharks won the Arena Bowl!!! oh...well...it's peanut butter jelly time!

LOL!

How about the Orlando Fantasy and the Tampa Breeze, you might enjoy them better.

Glad to "see" you, man.

Ciao!

mootini
10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Key word LOST. Ya'lls defense might not have been the problem but your offense still failed to score against a mediocre football team. Luke Mcclown sucks haha

Please let's not mention that power house offense the Jags have! It's amazing! LOL They have the best WR core in the league..heck they Drafted a guy name Cecil Shorts, who has played 7 NFL games and has as many catches as you and I have = ZERO! Let's mention our Pro bowl TE Marcedes Lewis, who just signed a huge contract and has dropped more passes, especailly TD passes, this season. When you bring back MSW from the winless Rams, you know you have something special ;) Add in Happy Feet Dear Gabby...it's really special. I hope the Jags offense can get it together.

mootini
10-25-2011, 02:20 PM
FYI,

it feels good, as a Texans' fan, to know that Jags fans are dreaming about getting to 5-5....

priceless.

Yeah Buddy!

Calface4
10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Please let's not mention that power house offense the Jags have! It's amazing! LOL They have the best WR core in the league..heck they Drafted a guy name Cecil Shorts, who has played 7 NFL games and has as many catches as you and I have = ZERO! Let's mention our Pro bowl TE Marcedes Lewis, who just signed a huge contract and has dropped more passes, especailly TD passes, this season. When you bring back MSW from the winless Rams, you know you have something special ;) Add in Happy Feet Dear Gabby...it's really special. I hope the Jags offense can get it together.

That my friend is the exact reason why yall are 2-5. But anyways best of luck sunday ;)

HOU-TEX
10-25-2011, 02:29 PM
The Jags game usually ends up a knock out drag out fight. I expect the same this Sunday.

Thorn
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
The Jags game usually ends up a knock out drag out fight. I expect the same this Sunday.

I expect nothing less from the Jags. We'll win this game by 14 or more, but at the end of the day, our offense will be brused up.

BullNation4Life
10-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Signed,

the 2004, 4-12 Cleveland Browns at Reliant.

stuck in the past much?

Not even remotely the same team....

b0ng
10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
LOL! pins and needles won't help...the Teal Kool Aid is coming to splash out that Battle Red. We're the best 2-5 team in the NFL! LOL!!!!! Meow! :kitten:

Jags games are the best because we get to spend time with mootini.

Corrosion
10-25-2011, 07:19 PM
stuck in the past much?

Not even remotely the same team....

Context ..... :kitten:

TheMatrix31
10-25-2011, 09:25 PM
As long as we don't give up stupid fake punts.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2011, 10:00 PM

Sweet!! :kitten:

Call your shot for this week..... And I don't mean your myopic Jags Rule, "Feel the Teal" rhetoric.... Seriously, how do you see this Sunday going, especially after both teams are coming off fairly signicant wins...

*DISCLAIMER*

MOOTINI is good people, so please don't turn this into Smack Talk. Otherwise, it will end up in that forum

ObsiWan
10-26-2011, 06:01 AM
17-10 Texans.

This is going to be a war.

Agreed.

The problem is
we keep losing :ouch:
our best damn warriors.

mootini
10-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Sweet!! :kitten:

Call your shot for this week..... And I don't mean your myopic Jags Rule, "Feel the Teal" rhetoric.... Seriously, how do you see this Sunday going, especially after both teams are coming off fairly signicant wins...

*DISCLAIMER*

MOOTINI is good people, so please don't turn this into Smack Talk. Otherwise, it will end up in that forum

Bill, I see the Texans taking hold of the Division, Sunday. I don't think the Jags are balanced enough..especially on Offense to win this game. The only factor I see, were the Jags can win..is the defensive side of the ball...a pick 6 and turn overs. If the Jags Defense can hold the Texans to 17 points, they have a shot to win. The Texans will try to pound Foster, but the Jags Defense will hold him to 80 yards. I think, Owen Daniels will have a nice day catching the balls in the middle of the field...he's on my Fantasy Football team ;) Schaub will be either the hero or goat in this game. Texans has a great 2ndary Defense, but the Jags don't throw the ball...you guys better wrap up MJD. Oh, watch out for Scooobs...he's on fire this year!

mootini
10-26-2011, 08:51 AM

Exactly, anything less is lame! Good games and great football.

mootini
10-26-2011, 08:52 AM
As long as we don't give up stupid fake punts.

LOL...Simple jack will try everything to save his job..look out!:kitten:

mootini
10-26-2011, 08:53 AM
I expect nothing less from the Jags. We'll win this game by 14 or more, but at the end of the day, our offense will be brused up.

All the texans need to do is score 20 or more points = winner

MistaRed
10-26-2011, 08:58 AM
31-6 Texans. Dre has 2Td's...

thunderkyss
10-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Texans has a great 2ndary Defense...

:challenge:

HuttoKarl
10-26-2011, 09:01 AM
175 Houston
-5 Bad Guys

Duh.

mootini
10-26-2011, 09:08 AM
:challenge:

OK...better than last Season! We'll just throw hail mary's all day for deflections:kitten::kitten::kitten:

thunderkyss
10-26-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm going to say 13-0

Houston

:texan:

I bet the Texans D is thinking shut-out. We came awful close against our other division rivals, allowing 7 points to the Colts & the Tits..

They've got to be thinking it's going to happen Sunday.

:koolaid:

GP
10-26-2011, 09:45 AM
I expect a surprise onside kick or fake punt at some point.

I expect they will use MJD in every conceivable play they can draw up for him: Screen passes, flare passes into the flats, wheel routes, the draw play, bubble screen, you name it and they'll try it.

We need to employ the boring style we used vs. Miami. Grind it out, burn the clock, high percentage plays on offense. And on defense we need to contain MJD by not going after Gabbert all the time...which helps our LBs maintain gap control and allows the linemen to funnel the play to the LBs who keep backside discipline in case MJD tries to make cutbacks...which he damn sure will try to.

You shut down MJD, and THEN you go after Gabbert. Of course, this is relying upon our offense getting TDs consistently and helping the defense to be able to take those risks when they are available.

My score prediction: 24 Texans....Jags 17

It should look like 24-10...but we give up a TD in garbage time as the Jags scramble to make up the deficit they had for 90% of the game. Wade goes soft on defense, allowing the Jags to burn clock at the end of the game and they get a score and our offense burns out the last couple of minutes of clock after having recovered the onside kick.

How's THAT for making a prediction??? LOL.

mootini
10-26-2011, 10:58 AM
I expect a surprise onside kick or fake punt at some point.

I expect they will use MJD in every conceivable play they can draw up for him: Screen passes, flare passes into the flats, wheel routes, the draw play, bubble screen, you name it and they'll try it.

We need to employ the boring style we used vs. Miami. Grind it out, burn the clock, high percentage plays on offense. And on defense we need to contain MJD by not going after Gabbert all the time...which helps our LBs maintain gap control and allows the linemen to funnel the play to the LBs who keep backside discipline in case MJD tries to make cutbacks...which he damn sure will try to.

You shut down MJD, and THEN you go after Gabbert. Of course, this is relying upon our offense getting TDs consistently and helping the defense to be able to take those risks when they are available.

My score prediction: 24 Texans....Jags 17

It should look like 24-10...but we give up a TD in garbage time as the Jags scramble to make up the deficit they had for 90% of the game. Wade goes soft on defense, allowing the Jags to burn clock at the end of the game and they get a score and our offense burns out the last couple of minutes of clock after having recovered the onside kick.

How's THAT for making a prediction??? LOL.

Good one!!! That's probably wow it will turn out! I just want the Jags to not be blown out.

BigBull17
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM
17-3. Their d is good, but their O won't do a whole lot

DX-TEX
10-26-2011, 02:33 PM
This is the week our offense FINALLY gets on track. Moves the ball at will and completely exhausts the Jags D by halftime. Jags go into full blown catch up mode on offense and the defense wlcomes Gabbert to the NFL.

34-7 Texans.

Oh yeah!!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/texanskoolaid.jpg

Vinnie
10-26-2011, 02:51 PM
This is the week our offense FINALLY gets on track.

Wait, that didn't happen last week?:thinking:

SteveSlaton20
10-26-2011, 04:34 PM
48-7

TheMatrix31
10-26-2011, 05:36 PM
I hope we use the recipe we used against Pittsburgh.

Long drives, attack their OL and QB....etc.

I'd cream my pants if we have another 19 play drive at some point.

TexansFanatic
10-30-2011, 03:14 PM

Texans will win 24-13.

You can just start calling me NostraFanatic.

ObsiWan
10-30-2011, 05:09 PM

Good call. Salute!
And it was ugly just like a lot of us figured it would be.
The Jags will be dangerous if they ever get half an offense.

TexansFanatic
10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
The Jags will be dangerous if they ever get half an offense.

Exactly.

And anyone who is already counting the game in Jacksonville as a Texans win might want to think about that again.

thunderkyss
10-30-2011, 06:52 PM

How 'bout I just give you some rep?

TexansFanatic
10-30-2011, 07:27 PM
How 'bout I just give you some rep?

Haha! That'll work. Thank you, sir.

BigBull17
10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Ok, on to Cleveland. I think we continue our current streak, and post our 1st ever three game winning streak. 20-6. Don't think the Browns have the fire power to move the ball vs Wade's genious.

mootini
10-31-2011, 09:26 AM
All the texans need to do is score 20 or more points = winner

Congrats on the win. Texans have a really good team this year and well balanced. Kudos to the Divison, it's yours. Jags will finally get rid of Del Rio, so thanks for the loss. Sucks to already look forward to the draft, this early in the season, but that's football. :kitten:

TexanSam
10-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Browns game will probably be another low scoring game. They have one of the top defenses in the league. They have a bad offense though so the Texans should win this one. Better not overlook them though. Every game they've played this year has been close except for the Titans game where they got blown out.

20-10 or something along those lines.

HOU-TEX
10-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Congrats on the win. Texans have a really good team this year and well balanced. Kudos to the Divison, it's yours. Jags will finally get rid of Del Rio, so thanks for the loss. Sucks to already look forward to the draft, this early in the season, but that's football. :kitten:

I'm curious to find out what our offense is doing to piss off DT's. Would you mind posting over here if you hear anything locally?

Y'alls front 7 is impressive. Session and Poz are nice fits in that D

Blake
10-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Mini Texans 30
Jaguars 12

Blake
10-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Kubiak - 14
Jaguars - 13

mootini
10-31-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm curious to find out what our offense is doing to piss off DT's. Would you mind posting over here if you hear anything locally?

Y'alls front 7 is impressive. Session and Poz are nice fits in that D

I haven't heard anything, until came on this site. All I can say, there is always going to be stuff that piss off players. It's football...I woundn't worry about it Texan fans. It happens to all teams/players. Yes, the Jags defense is solid, too bad it's being waisted, with the worst Offense in the NFL. Gabby is looking like Alex Smith 2.0. I'm hoping for a new coaching staff and a draft/off season to re-build the offense.

TexansFanatic
10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Texans 27
Browns 17

MistaRed
10-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Texans 27
Browns 10