PDA

View Full Version : MNF BALT vs JAGS

srrono
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Jags playing tuff. Balt offense stinks

speedfreek
10-24-2011, 09:47 PM
were as totally inept at home as they are on the road.

not the same team in Jacksonville that showed up
at Ballmer..

TJ

ubecool454
10-24-2011, 09:54 PM
were as totally inept at home as they are on the road.

not the same team in Jacksonville that showed up
at Ballmer..

TJ

Jax with a 3-0 lead...I doubt it will last..lol

Dishman
10-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Jags playing tuff. Balt offense stinks

Sho'nuff. Baltimore offense looks absolutely lost.

texanhead08
10-24-2011, 10:02 PM
How come teams always look lost the week after they play the Texans?

Wolf
10-24-2011, 10:06 PM
because it was the Ravens superbowl :kitten:

The Social Media Coach
Flacco just completed his most impressive pass of the night... to himself.

from facebook LOL

GlassHalfFull
10-24-2011, 10:12 PM
MJD is welcome to fumble this much next week.

redwhiteANDblue
10-24-2011, 10:13 PM
how come ravens couldn't make stupid mistakes when they played texans?

Khari
10-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Dis game sucks...:voodoo:

Naiirb
10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Man that 1st half was nearly 2 hours. Talk about a sloppy game

Dutchrudder
10-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Seriously, WTF??? I have Ray Rice and Cundiff on my fantasy team going against MJD and we're tied right now. This is pissing me off.

nero THE zero
10-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Tell me if you've heard this story before: the Ravens come off a tough, emotional, hard fought win at home to play a poor team on the road. They come out flat and get embarrassed in a game they should have dominated from the jump.

axman40
10-24-2011, 10:29 PM
The Ravens have a Texan hangover.SNAP OUT OF IT!
:koolaid:

TexanSam
10-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Why are the Jags on MNF twice this year? Who made that decision?

texanhead08
10-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Why are the Jags on MNF twice this year? Who made that decision?

I would guess the same dude that put the Colts on Sunday Night every week.

NitroGSXR
10-24-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm rooting for the Jags. I want home-field advantage so Baltimore needs to lose. We'll take care of the Jags next week.

axman40
10-24-2011, 10:38 PM
I would guess the same dude that put the Colts on Sunday Night every week.
They take turns with the Cowboys.
:kitten:

Luv_ya_blue
10-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Pollard just laid a lick on him!!!

Wow!

TERRIBLE CALL!! Shoulder first! Tippy Tap Crap is killing football!

Ryan
10-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Pollard just laid a lick on him!!!

Wow!

TERRIBLE CALL!! Shoulder first! Tippy Tap Crap is killing football!

No Fun League strikes again.

Pollard is really in his element in Balt. I'm happy for him.

fiasco west
10-24-2011, 10:52 PM
No Fun League strikes again.

Pollard is really in his element in Balt. I'm happy for him.

I wish Wade would have had a chance with him before we gave him up honestly.

He had a bad year true, but we seemed too impatient with him compared to other players like Jacoby Jones.

devo-x
10-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Is the Jaguars defense this good?

MEGA SWATT
10-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Jags hanging tough or the ravens think they're playing the Titans again?

GP
10-24-2011, 11:09 PM
how come ravens couldn't make stupid mistakes when they played texans?

LMAO.

I said this SAME thing to a friend of mine who is in my fantasy football league.

I said the SAME THING. Typical Texans luck: Ravens play like world beaters against us, but can't do anything to the lowly Jags. Typical.

At least Pittsburgh has been friendly and let us beat them down, then promptly spanked the Colts and Titans for us. Even the Raiders got blown out vs. Chiefs.

Naiirb
10-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Is the Jaguars defense this good?

They're good but not this good. MNF at home against a good team trying to prove they aren't what the record shows. It's basically their Superbowl.

Hookem Horns
10-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Wow, they just showed the shot of that HD screen and the stands were empty. I am talking about the entire upper endzone where there are no tarps.

Dutchrudder
10-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Joe flacco looks like David Carr.

stingray
10-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Ed Reed down. Does not look good.

mugrakers
10-24-2011, 11:30 PM
oh noe.... Ed Reed injury looks bad

speedfreek
10-24-2011, 11:31 PM
heroes at home
zeroes on the road

TJ

stingray
10-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Well, he got up and looks a lot better. I thought he might have broken his collarbone or something.

stingray
10-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Damn.. Ravens fans probably crapped their pants.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 11:34 PM
How the hell are the 1-5 Jags beating the Ravens? The AFC is weird.

Wolf
10-24-2011, 11:47 PM
9-7 2 minutes left

fiasco west
10-24-2011, 11:56 PM
would have been funny as hell if he missed it.

Naiirb
10-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Welp lookes like Flacco just pulled a Schaub/Romo

Mr. Texan
10-24-2011, 11:59 PM
flacco is a bum.

people talk crap about schuab but i think the ravens would have had a ring by now with him over flacco

TheMatrix31
10-25-2011, 12:00 AM
"How come we lost to the ****ing Ravens and they lost to Tennessee AND Jacksonville?! Two teams in our division?! We suck ass!"

- you know

fiasco west
10-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Looks like the Ravens are not a good road team and that they take things for granted.

With that said, the Jags are still in this and I bet will play us tough. If they win against Houston that puts them one game back.

Would be nice to blow them out!

mariowillshine15
10-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Looks like the Ravens are not a good road team and that they take things for granted.

With that said, the Jags are still in this and I bet will play us tough. If they win against Houston that puts them one game back.

Would be nice to blow them out!

Gabbert 9/20 93 yards.

Unless our offense takes their bye week early we will blow them out.

Ryan
10-25-2011, 12:05 AM
LOL yeah if the Jags come in to our house and score 12 points we win by 2 TDs or more.

Kthx
10-25-2011, 12:06 AM
I stayed up to watch this game originally for fantasy stuff, but I ended up actually enjoying the game. I can't believe that they shut down the Ravens like that, hope it takes a toll on them and they come out bruised and tired on Sunday.

honored82
10-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Ravens played titans and Jags away and got beat, but played the Texans at home, thats why we lost. On the other hand, Steelers played titans and Jags at Home and beat them but lost to us away :)
Ultimately everything evened out.
Gotta love home field advantage.

RTP2110
10-25-2011, 12:07 AM
The Jags have just played Pittsburgh to the brink and beaten Baltimore in their last two. I don't like it.

JCTexan
10-25-2011, 12:13 AM
"How come we lost to the ****ing Ravens and they lost to Tennessee AND Jacksonville?! Two teams in our division?! We suck ass!"

- you know

I would say it's the difference playing them at home compared to on the road. They have lost to Tennessee & Jville on the road, while beating the Jets & Steelers at home.

Big Lou
10-25-2011, 12:16 AM
The Ravens have a Texan hangover.SNAP OUT OF IT!
:koolaid:

Maybe we transmitted our bullsh*t luck to the Ravens!!!!!!!

Hervoyel
10-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Can't take anybody for granted. Here's a team we just lost to a week ago losing to another team that we expect to just destroy next Sunday.

Any team we play can beat us. We need to stomp the crap out of Jacksonville just like we did to the Titans. It's time to own this division outright.

Hervoyel
10-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I would say it's the difference playing them at home compared to on the road. They have lost to Tennessee & Jville on the road, while beating the Jets & Steelers at home.

Indeed. I'd say Baltimore was very much "out of sorts" in Jacksonville. I think the quiet and all the tarps spooked them.

Joe Flacco described at as "haunting"

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 02:05 AM
This only proves to me we should have beat Baltimore when we had the chance. Those two 3 & outs did us in, whether you want to blame the Ravens D or our offense.

This also says our defense better pack a lunch, MJD don't quit, he'll play 4 qtrs, bell to bell, we better do the same.

gtexan02
10-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Titans crushed ravens. Ravens beat texans. Texans destroy titans.

NFL defies logic.

IDEXAN
10-25-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm glad it was MNF which meant all of the Texans players/coachs were watching the game and now know that Sundays game will be no "walk-in-the-park". Gabbert seemed to gather his confidance as the game progressed and threw some real good balls. He's obviously got a very live, strong arm.
I'm now convinced that Baltimore is definitely overrated because they are doing just what overrated teams often do - losing games like this on the road.
And trust me, Ray Lewis is the most overrated on that whole team. It's not gonna be an easy task for the HC, GM, or maybe even owner to sit down with Lewis and explain to him his NFL days are history. And Ed Reed is not to far behind him.

Ryan
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm glad it was MNF which meant all of the Texans players/coachs were watching the game and now know that Sundays game will be no "walk-in-the-park". Gabbert seemed to gather his confidance as the game progressed and threw some real good balls. He's obviously got a very live, strong arm.
I'm now convinced that Baltimore is definitely overrated because they are doing just what overrated teams often do - losing games like this on the road.
And trust me, Ray Lewis is the most overrated on that whole team. It's not gonna be an easy task for the HC, GM, or maybe even owner to sit down with Lewis and explain to him his NFL days are history. And Ed Reed is not to far behind him.

Really?! Ray Lewis is arguably the best linebacker since Butkus and will be an NFL legend, and Ed Reed is still the top safety in the league voted by the players.

infantrycak
10-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Really?! Ray Lewis is arguably the best linebacker since Butkus and will be an NFL legend, and Ed Reed is still the top safety in the league voted by the players.

Best career and best right now are two different things. Lewis is still very good but he isn't at his prime. Now Ed Reed still seems top of the league. Both will eventually be in the hall of fame (as should be Cliff Harris, another all time great safety).

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Best career and best right now are two different things. Lewis is still very good but he isn't at his prime. Now

Who are the top 5 LBs right now? Surely Ray Lewis is in that group.

Mr teX
10-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Who are the top 5 LBs right now? Surely Ray Lewis is in that group.

He's hanging on but barely...

Demarcus Ware
Clay Matthews
Patrick Willis
James Harrison
Brian Urlacher / Ray Lewis

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 01:07 PM
He's hanging on but barely...

Demarcus Ware
Clay Matthews
Patrick Willis
James Harrison
Brian Urlacher / Ray Lewis

I agree Demarcus Ware is a damn fine football player & pass rusher, but to call him a Line Backer is disingenuous at best, much less the best Line Backer.

But hey, it's your list.

Mr teX
10-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree Demarcus Ware is a damn fine football player & pass rusher, but to call him a Line Backer is disingenuous at best, much less the best Line Backer.

But hey, it's your list.

not sure what your definition of an lb is, but Ware's listed as an Lb & he changes games.

Ray Ray's effectiveness has been largely extended by the prescence of Ngata in the middle. Just a few years ago, people thought he was done. At this point, he's slightly more than just a tackling machine & he contributes not much else. Like Lewis, Urlacher's has been every bit the heart & soul of his defense but at this stage in his career, he's still contributing at about the same level elsewhere as he did 5-6 years ago. But b/c he doesn't have a cool intro dance, noone acknowledges this. Furthermore, Once upon a time though, Urlacher couldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Ray Ray which speaks to how much he's come back to the pack.

infantrycak
10-25-2011, 01:17 PM

But hey, it's your list.

How is that disingenuous? Three of the five on that list are 3-4 OLB's. Why pick out one to beak about? How about Cushing? Lewis is still very good but he is not at the top of his game.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 02:09 PM
How is that disingenuous? Three of the five on that list are 3-4 OLB's.

James Harrison & Clay Matthews both make plays in coverage. They are more complete as LBs defending the middle of the field as well as on the LOS.

I know Ware drops back from time to time, but imo, rarely contributes when he drops off the line.

I just wouldn't call him a "LB" he's more of a DE from a 2 point stance.

IDEXAN
10-25-2011, 02:22 PM
In in his prime Lewis was one of the all-time great LBs, but now at 36 he's not been that player for many years. And having those two 330+ pound monsters (Ngata & Cody), right in front of him can mask a lot of problems any LB would have. And Reed, who's 33, is also over the hill. If you saw our game against them, you saw our #3 WR beat him like a drum on a deep route for a TD.

infantrycak
10-25-2011, 03:47 PM
James Harrison & Clay Matthews both make plays in coverage. They are more complete as LBs defending the middle of the field as well as on the LOS.

I know Ware drops back from time to time, but imo, rarely contributes when he drops off the line.

I just wouldn't call him a "LB" he's more of a DE from a 2 point stance.

All three are pass rush first OLB's just like Mario was set to be. Harrison looks like a three day old bait fish in coverage. In less years Ware has more passes defended. But the basic fact is they are all OLB's at this point so there is nothing disingenuous about identifying them as such. Wouldn't have been wrong to put Mario on the list either if he hadn't gotten injured.

IDEXAN
10-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Clay Matthews both make plays in coverage.
I'm starting to wonder if Matthews is a one-year wonder ?

ChampionTexan
10-25-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Matthews is a one-year wonder ?
Which year would be the one? The Pro Bowl/DROY-runner up year, or the Pro Bowl/First Team All Pro year?