PDA

View Full Version : Not good enough!!

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm sure you've heard about coaches that would tear into their team after a win. You'd have thought they lost the game. Supposedly this builds character & prevents the team from being satisfied with anything but perfection.

Like Parcells says, "Don't let good enough be good enough."

So let's say you're the coach. What would you be "upset" about?

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm sure you've heard about coaches that would tear into their team after a win. You'd have thought they lost the game. Supposedly this builds character & prevents the team from being satisfied with anything but perfection.

Is this a trick to get me negative repped by Matrix?

Texn4life
10-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Our return game..... We need to figure out a way to get the opposing kickers to not kick it through the end zone. I mean seriously, what's up with that? Its only fair they give us a chance right?

Runner
10-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Nothing. It was as perfect as apple trees and honey bees and snow white turtle doves.

There. Is that better?

TheMatrix31
10-24-2011, 01:50 PM

Hahaha. That was pretty good.

....a few things to be concerned about. Nothing to truly "rip" players for. We got into a bit of a pattern of encroachments. A little undisciplined play. Have to shore that up.

Schaub sailed some passes, but that's definitely on him. I'm sure the coaches have told his ass to settle down a bit.

Have to close out pressure a bit better. We rushed nicely but didn't always "get to" Hasselbeck. He's a smart QB though, gets rid of the ball relatively quickly. Gotta get better in that regard.

Kareem Jackson needs to be benched for good. I really don't know what to do with him. Keo was also pretty bad, despite that hit. McCain was also bad, despite the INT.

Return game could definitely be better. Don't know what our average field position has been so far but I assume it can be better. Not worse than last year though, which is good at least.

I guess it's just mainly secondary to worry about. Luckily we face Gabbert and McCoy the next couple of games, and neither them are very good at all.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Hahaha. That was pretty good.

....a few things to be concerned about. Nothing to truly "rip" players for. We got into a bit of a pattern of encroachments. A little undisciplined play. Have to shore that up.

Schaub sailed some passes, but that's definitely on him. I'm sure the coaches have told his ass to settle down a bit.

Have to close out pressure a bit better. We rushed nicely but didn't always "get to" Hasselbeck. He's a smart QB though, gets rid of the ball relatively quickly. Gotta get better in that regard.

Kareem Jackson needs to be benched for good. I really don't know what to do with him. Keo was also pretty bad, despite that hit. McCain was also bad, despite the INT.

I guess it's just mainly secondary to worry about. Luckily we face Gabbert and McCoy the next couple of games, and neither them are very good at all.

That's it. I'm downdinging your ass.

:kitten:

Hervoyel
10-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Maybe the only thing I wasn't pleased with (once the initial series jitters went away) was that a couple of times late in the game Foster & Tate both needed to just turn it up field and punch it through. Instead they both got strung along to the sideline and either lost yardage or barely got back to the line of scrimmage. This was like two, maybe three plays at the most and I only noticed it because it stood out so glaringly amidst all the success we were having. I thought "Harris needs to pull Tate aside after that run and say "Stop dancing around and turn it up-field. You're not a dancer, you're a hammer!".

But it was trivial really. 2-3 plays out of the entire day.

Kthx
10-24-2011, 02:01 PM
I think that was time management coaching and conservative play calling and not so much Tate/Foster/Ward purposefully running to the sides. Especially since we were gashing the center of their line all game.

TexansFanatic
Maybe the only thing I wasn't pleased with (once the initial series jitters went away) was that a couple of times late in the game Foster & Tate both needed to just turn it up field and punch it through. Instead they both got strung along to the sideline and either lost yardage or barely got back to the line of scrimmage. This was like two, maybe three plays at the most and I only noticed it because it stood out so glaringly amidst all the success we were having. I thought "Harris needs to pull Tate aside after that run and say "Stop dancing around and turn it up-field. You're not a dancer, you're a hammer!".

But it was trivial really. 2-3 plays out of the entire day.

One of those plays was a 4th and 1. Foster kept stringing the play out to the sideline and he had any number of chances to just cut up field for a single yard and wound up getting stuffed behind the line.

Almost seemed like a case of being overconfident and not just taking the sure thing.

HTown2ATX
Kareem Jackson needs to be benched for good.

Agreed!!!!

Also, the only thing I would bring up is letting that garbage TD happen when it was 4th and Goal for Possum Hollar from whatever yard line. Want to say it was near the 10.

Would love to have had the shut out.

axman40
10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
No more Vickers until he learns how to block.
:koolaid:

Thorn
10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
The only complaint I have is we didn't really get to see Holliday do anything. But, at least he always cought the ball. Unlike that other guy. LOL

Corrosion
10-24-2011, 02:03 PM

Quit getting hurt ?! please ?!!!! :user:

I think if anything , I'd be bitching about the penalties early in the game .... two three and outs to start the game. After that .... it was all peaches and cream.

Corrosion
10-24-2011, 02:05 PM
The only complaint I have is we didn't really get to see Holliday do anything. But, at least he always cought the ball. Unlike that other guy. LOL

He made good decisions for the most part .... tho he did let one bounce I thought he should have fair caught that went out of bounds at the 5.

I didnt much like him running backwards on that one return either ... Jones has a tendancy to do that as well. Make positive yards please!!.

Texan_Bill
10-24-2011, 02:06 PM

Too many penalties!!

HJam72
10-24-2011, 02:07 PM
We didn't kill anybody!

We're a buncha wimps!

False Start
10-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Agreed!!!!

Also, the only thing I would bring up is letting that garbage TD happen when it was 4th and Goal for Possum Hollar from whatever yard line. Want to say it was near the 10.

Yeah, that pis*ed me of too, lol. It was on 4th and 6, and that made it a lot worse for me. I wanted the shutout BAD!

DBCooper
10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Our DB's need serious upgrading, except for JoJo and Manning, we need all new players.

From starters to backup we could use a minimum of 4 new guys back there.

Malloy
10-24-2011, 02:15 PM

Or catch...

DBCooper
10-24-2011, 02:16 PM

This too, what a downgrade from Leach or Casey.

Hervoyel
10-24-2011, 02:27 PM
One of those plays was a 4th and 1. Foster kept stringing the play out to the sideline and he had any number of chances to just cut up field for a single yard and wound up getting stuffed behind the line.

Almost seemed like a case of being overconfident and not just taking the sure thing.

I thought that too. It's like they had so much success that on the rare occasions when there wasn't much there neither one of them seemed to want to accept it and just take what was available.

Hervoyel
10-24-2011, 02:28 PM

Or catch...

Or run....

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 02:29 PM
I thought that too. It's like they had so much success that on the rare occasions when there wasn't much there neither one of them seemed to want to accept it and just take what was available.

Bingo.

TheCD
10-24-2011, 02:55 PM
He made good decisions for the most part .... tho he did let one bounce I thought he should have fair caught that went out of bounds at the 5.

I didnt much like him running backwards on that one return either ... Jones has a tendancy to do that as well. Make positive yards please!!.

My criticism was going to be punt return coverage. The Titans punted I believe 7 times, and I'm pretty sure Holliday only tried to return one (or was that one on a kickoff?). Every time he would catch the ball a Titan would be there waiting to hug him. On 7 tries, that just isn't acceptable.

The Pencil Neck
10-24-2011, 03:03 PM
I'd like to point out that

1) we did not score on every offensive possession -- UNACCEPTABLE.
2) we did not totally shut them out and even allowed a few first downs -- UNACCEPTABLE
3) we had two attempts at a first down from short yardage and we did not convert -- UNACCEPTABLE

Just sayin.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 03:09 PM
I'd like to point out that

1) we did not score on every offensive possession -- UNACCEPTABLE.
2) we did not totally shut them out and even allowed a few first downs -- UNACCEPTABLE
3) we had two attempts at a first down from short yardage and we did not convert -- UNACCEPTABLE

Just sayin.

Definitely one of the things we need to work on, is our 4th down offense. Sooner or later, we're going to need to make those to win. If we can't do it against a team we're drubbing, we're not going to be able to do it against a play-off team.

Vinnie
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I'd scream at all the injured players that they aren't healing fast enough. :kitten:

ChampionTexan
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Especially while the outcome was still in doubt (which granted, didn't go much past halftime), there wasn't nearly as much pressure on Hasselbeck as they've been putting on most QB's so far this season.

That's not gonna cut it if that happens too many more times.

disaacks3
10-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Agreed!!!!

Yeah, that pis*ed me of too, lol. It was on 4th and 6, and that made it a lot worse for me. I wanted the shutout BAD!

That one is on the coaches...Keo had no business out there.

ChampionTexan
10-24-2011, 03:18 PM
I'd scream at all the injured players that they aren't healing fast enough. :kitten:
http://www.creative-culinary.com/wp-content/uploads/ssmalley.jpg
That will not foster a healing environment!

80tothezone
10-24-2011, 03:22 PM
they scored ....they shouldn't have scored

Corrosion
10-24-2011, 03:32 PM
My criticism was going to be punt return coverage. The Titans punted I believe 7 times, and I'm pretty sure Holliday only tried to return one (or was that one on a kickoff?). Every time he would catch the ball a Titan would be there waiting to hug him. On 7 tries, that just isn't acceptable.

Their punter did a real good job of hanging them up high giving the coverage team time to get down there .... Sometimes you just gotta credit the other guy.

The one return attempt was of a punt .... I believe the last one of the day.

CretorFrigg
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Their punter did a real good job of hanging them up high giving the coverage team time to get down there .... Sometimes you just gotta credit the other guy.

The one return attempt was of a punt .... I believe the last one of the day.

Doesn't it bother you that every time we return a punt, there's always a flag for a "block in the back?" And if we don't get a flag, there's absolutely no blocking.

EVOLVIST
10-24-2011, 03:54 PM

I thought it was all a bad play call.

Seldom (I almost want to say never), do the Texans run off-guard on 4th & 1, unless you call a QB sneak. The ZBS is great and hard to defend in our system, but when it's time to just line up and punch it in, it can be a little weak.

If the team knows you're going to run on them (and they did), then that's when you put Ben Tate in the game and have him slam it in off-guard, instead of waiting for a big hole to open up along the line, when all you needed was a crease.

If Vickers didn't suck so bad I would have applauded the Vickers carry - because at least it was in the right spirit. At least the philosophy was spot on.

fiasco west
10-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Pass Rush needs to be MUCH better. I know we are missing Mario but we're going to have to get someone else in on the action, maybe try Watt more outside? I dunno, but with that pass rush from yesterday we aren't going to beat the good teams.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 04:38 PM
I thought it was all a bad play call.

You certainly have solid ground to stand on there considering the play failed.

But I saw a play that would have been successful in gaining a yard (which was all that was required) if the running back had simply taken what was available to him rather than trying to make more out of it than he needed to.

EllisUnit
10-24-2011, 04:41 PM

Not scoring 50 points :kitten:

infantrycak
10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Pass Rush needs to be MUCH better. I know we are missing Mario but we're going to have to get someone else in on the action, maybe try Watt more outside? I dunno, but with that pass rush from yesterday we aren't going to beat the good teams.

They are #4 in the league two sacks back from the three teams tied for 1st with 21 sacks.

fiasco west
10-24-2011, 05:02 PM
They are #4 in the league two sacks back from the three teams tied for 1st with 21 sacks.

I know that, they've been great most of the year rushing the passer but this game they were not.

Speedy
10-24-2011, 05:13 PM
You're 4-3, only have a half game lead, and 5-7 is still lurking out there somewhere. No more pajama parties and sprinkles on your ice cream you bunch of Nancy's. Get out there and play some real football you whining, sniffling bunch of jackwagons!!!

Yankee_In_TX
10-24-2011, 05:16 PM

That seriously made me mad - you're on the roster for ONE reason and you're running backwards?!?!?

GP
10-24-2011, 05:19 PM
This too, what a downgrade from Leach or Casey.

Did you miss the part where Vickers sealed off the defender at the goal line that helped spring a TD for us from just a yard or so out? He ran in there and put his helmet on a guy, drove the defender backwards and sideways away from our ball carrier, assisting very well (just like Casey or Leach would have done).

People wondered why we went and got Vickers since Casey played so well the first several games. Then Casey gets hurt, and THAT is why we grabbed Vickers in free agency.

He's not Superman. Duh. But he's competent and has passion, and helped Peyton Hillis and several other Browns RBs before the arrival of Hillis.

The Vickers argument is weird. He wasn't put into the games until Casey got hurt, so it's obvious that the coaches are playing the better FB if the better FB is healthy and available. Vickers is quality depth, IMO. Who else would have been able to go at FB if/when casey got/gets hurt? Not challenging you, per se, just saying it out loud during the course of this discussion here.

GP
10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
My only concern: KAREEM JACKSON. Period.

He should be benched from starting, and MAYBE allowed on the field as a nickel back. Otherwise, he becomes depth and Jason Allen takes CB2 from him.

I don't know why there's this continued Man Love for Kareem Jackson. In the NFL, you either have it or you don't. And guys who don't have it? They battle it out for either being depth or being the CB2 or the WR3 or TE2, etc. Kareem has had the chances. I don't care if he had bad coaching last year. They ALL did.

Jason Allen is not awesome, but he is a 7-year veteran or something along those lines. He's been in the league 7 years or so. He's faced more WRs than Kareem has, played against more different offenses and QBs than Kareem has, and that sort of thing is what MIGHT make Kareem a Jason Allen type CB2 in the future if Kareem hangs on in the NFL for the next 5 years.

Right now, Kareem is a HUGE liability in the passing game. If anybody here thinks that opposing o-coordinators are NOT scheming how to get matchups against #25, you need to buy ocean-front property in Arizona.

I saw he was out of the lineup for awhile after getting shell-shocked a bit out there, which is nice to see Wade pulling the guy even if he didn't really blow anything major out there at the time. However, you have to wonder "If this is the year we make playoffs, do we risk trying to give Kareem MORE leash than he should get?"

Make him sit and watch. Make him yearn to play out there. If Jason Allen goes down, let KJ try to say "I'll show them. I'll show EVERYBODY!"

Until then, the KJ experiment looks forced and cliche: "Hey everybody, here's our prized 1st rounder who isn't panning out...but we will MAKE him pan out for us! Or, you can have him for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Any takers? But seriously, he's not too shabby."

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't know why there's this continued Man Love for Kareem Jackson. In the NFL, you either have it or you don't.

I personally don't have any doubt that it stems from Kubiak's unwillingness to admit that he and the Texans brain trust failed when they picked him.

Somehow he doesn't realize he's only making the fanbase more aware of the failed pick by continuing to showcase him.

infantrycak
10-24-2011, 05:57 PM
I personally don't have any doubt that it stems from Kubiak's unwillingness to admit that he and the Texans brain trust failed when they picked him.

Somehow he doesn't realize he's only making the fanbase more aware of the failed pick by continuing to showcase him.

I love how everything good on the D is to Wade's credit but if there is something claimed bad it is Kubiak's fault. We have no reason to believe Kubiak is telling Wade to play KJ.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 06:02 PM
I love how everything good on the D is to Wade's credit but if there is something claimed bad it is Kubiak's fault. We have no reason to believe Kubiak is telling Wade to play KJ.

Hey, I'm frequently wrong. What you get on this board from me is little more than my personal opinion.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 06:03 PM

Good point.

We should always expect our guys to do more. However, what would you say if I told you the Ravens did not (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011091802/2011/REG2/ravens@titans#menu=highlights&tab=analyze) register a sack against the Titans?

Also, right now, only three teams (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2011&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED) have more sacks (21) than the Texans (19)

Double Barrel
10-24-2011, 06:09 PM

Nobody punched Finnegan in the face!

Other than that, pretty good game.

infantrycak
10-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey, I'm frequently wrong. What you get on this board from me is little more than my personal opinion.

Not even saying you are wrong. Just an observation of the MB. If people are impressed with JJ. Watt or Reed they tend to ascribe it to control of the D and the draft being handed to Wade. If they don't like something whether it be CB cushions or KJ's playing time they tend to ascribe it to Kubiak. Bottom line is in very few instances do we know who is making the call.

The Cush
10-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Shiloh Keo.

GP
10-24-2011, 06:27 PM

I think all NFL teams do it. It's human nature, I suppose--You don't want to tell your fans that you screwed up on a 1st rounder. Too much pressure.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 06:44 PM
I think all NFL teams do it. It's human nature, I suppose--You don't want to tell your fans that you screwed up on a 1st rounder. Too much pressure.

They've got McCain, playing ahead of Harris.

Nolan ahead of Keo

Brooks Reed was situational until Mario got hurt...

I know they aren't first rounders, but if Harris can't beat McCain out for playing time, I don't think draft position has as much to do with their decision as you may think.

The alternative is to start Allen... while I agree his play-making ability seems to be a notch above Kjs, but his lack of confidence & physicality imo isn't an even trade. Had he made those Ints in a game he didn't give up a TD... maybe I can see it, but if we're talking a net sum of zero, I'd rather have Kj out there.

Am I wrong, has Kj given up more than 1 TD this year? That TD to Lance Moore in Nawl'ns? He's given up 1 TD & forced 1 fumble.

Allen has given up 2 TDs (Brandon Marshall & Heyward Bay) and 2 Ints... one was eventually turned into a TD, and another sealed the game.... had one of those been a pic6 maybe that would change my mind, but right now, I'm not seeing it.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Not even saying you are wrong. Just an observation of the MB. If people are impressed with JJ. Watt or Reed they tend to ascribe it to control of the D and the draft being handed to Wade. If they don't like something whether it be CB cushions or KJ's playing time they tend to ascribe it to Kubiak. Bottom line is in very few instances do we know who is making the call.

Agreed. And that's often frustrating because you want to know who deserves the credit or the blame.

In Kareem's case, it's conceivable that Wade is sensitive to the position he would be putting Kubiak in if he simply benched Kareem early on in his second year. Even if the decision was 100% his, Wade would have to know that by benching Kareem he would essentially be telling the world that the pick (Kubiak's pick) was a blunder.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 06:48 PM

Right. It's human nature and not a personal flaw suffered only by Kubiak. We've seen this kind of thing a number of times on a number of different teams over the years. A high pick who sucks or is outplayed by someone on the bench plays anyway because the folks who picked him don't want to admit they had a lapse in judgment.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 06:48 PM
In Kareem's case, it's conceivable that Wade is sensitive to the position he would be putting Kubiak in if he simply benched Kareem early on in his second year. Even if the decision was 100% his, Wade would have to know that by benching Kareem he would essentially be telling the world that the pick (Kubiak's pick) was a blunder.

What position do they put themselves in by starting McCain over Brandon Harris at nickel?

If they signed another FA CB, do you think they would have had a problem starting him over Kj, I don't. If Allen were truly better, I don't think they would have had a problem starting Allen & bringing Kj in at the nickel, there is no shame in that at all.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Right. It's human nature and not a personal flaw suffered only by Kubiak. We've seen this kind of thing a number of times on a number of different teams over the years. A high pick who sucks or is outplayed by someone on the bench plays anyway because the folks who picked him don't want to admit they had a lapse in judgment.

When have we seen this? When (I can't remember his name) was obviously better than TJ & Okoye? DelJuan Robinson?

Where is he at now?

TJ managed to stick with the Chargers for 2 years, Okoye is still with the Bears. Where is DelJuan? What did he do after he left?

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 06:54 PM
What position do they put themselves in by starting McCain over Brandon Harris at nickel?

Harris was a late second round pick who doesn't make nearly the kind of money Kareem makes---the kind of money you would expect to be paying a starter, not a reserve.

Luv_ya_blue
10-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Nobody punched Finnegan in the face!

Other than that, pretty good game.

This...
:clap:

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Harris was a late second round pick who doesn't make nearly the kind of money Kareem makes---the kind of money you would expect to be paying a starter, not a reserve.

We picked Kareem at 20, it's nothing like top 10 money. It's probably a marginal investment over Harris' pay.

Well, I have no idea how much they make, but winning has got to be the driving factor today, Kubiak is not that dense.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 07:01 PM
We picked Kareem at 20, it's nothing like top 10 money. It's probably a marginal investment over Harris' pay.

Don't kid yourself. The difference is dramatic. Especially since this year saw the changes in the NFL's collective bargaining agreement.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Don't kid yourself. The difference is dramatic. Especially since this year saw the changes in the NFL's collective bargaining agreement.

Yeah, I went back & edited it.

But still, there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting your 1st round Corner at nickel. That's what they did with Kyle Wilson, DRC, Revis, etc... etc..

I don't think it would be above the Texans to admit they should made a mistake last year by starting Kareem right away. This is a must win season for Kubiak, & unless you think Wade is trying to sabotage him, it doesn't make sense to start Kareem if they think he is not the best CB for the job.

ObsiWan
10-24-2011, 07:12 PM
We didn't kill anybody!

We're a buncha wimps!

Dude... we were on TV.
You know lots of witnesses...
....hello..?

and I mean the witnesses watching the game on TV. There weren't any in the stands after halftime.
:D

Double Barrel
10-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I went back & edited it.

But still, there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting your 1st round Corner at nickel. That's what they did with Kyle Wilson, DRC, Revis, etc... etc..

I don't think it would be above the Texans to admit they should made a mistake last year by starting Kareem right away. This is a must win season for Kubiak, & unless you think Wade is trying to sabotage him, it doesn't make sense to start Kareem if they think he is not the best CB for the job.

Great point. While I certainly enjoy entertaining a good conspiracy theory, logic has to add up for it to work. I honestly don't see the F.O. or Kubiak's ego playing someone who is not what they consider the best at his position. It undermines their own job security, and that disconnect is where I don't see them starting KJ just because he was a high pick.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Great point. While I certainly enjoy entertaining a good conspiracy theory, logic has to add up for it to work. I honestly don't see the F.O. or Kubiak's ego playing someone who is not what they consider the best at his position. It undermines their own job security, and that disconnect is where I don't see them starting KJ just because he was a high pick.

The point is a valid one. But let's not forget that Kubiak's concern for his job security didn't look overwhelming when he replaced Richard Smith with Frank Bush.

ObsiWan
10-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Too many penalties!!

That's my beef. The penalties. They didn't hurt yesterday but they have cost us points and stopped drives in the past and they're still happening way too often.
http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/84442746/8416513

...oh yeah, and the TD they allowed. I mean, the guy was wide open. That coverage miscue should get fixed post haste.

I would ***** about not enough sacks but the Titans have only given up 9 sacks so far this season and we have two of them. I'm not surprised that Munchak would have a pretty good O-line.

speedfreek
10-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Keo sucks and blew a perfect opportunity for a shutout

TJ

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 07:57 PM

The right move would have been to sign another corner in the off-season. For whatever reason, we didn't. We could have traded for one..... I don't know why we didn't, but we didn't.

So you're left going with what you've got.

The point is a valid one. But let's not forget that Kubiak's concern for his job security didn't look overwhelming when he replaced Richard Smith with Frank Bush.

I think Kubiak did the best he could in that situation. His "circle" just isn't that big, & for all we know he approached several candidates & they lolzd him & told their friends & put it on facebook & all that. Richard Smith & Frank Bush was probably the best he could do.....

Most guys would then get their GM to do their job & get him some good candidates, but our GM came out of Kubiak's circle, so scratch that. McNair realizes he screwed up, probably takes some of that blame... which is the only reason I can think of for Kubiak to still have a job.

So McNair has to get Phillips.

& that is the only reason I believe Kubiak has been here for so long.. because every decision is made.... group think, including McNair.

That's all I can come up with.

Kaiser Toro
10-24-2011, 08:01 PM
It was as perfect of a game as one will see. The homework is breaking down the tape to see what good likes at the individual, position and unit level - and then get on to the next opponent.

ObsiWan
10-24-2011, 08:02 PM
You're 4-3, only have a half game lead, and 5-7 is still lurking out there somewhere. No more pajama parties and sprinkles on your ice cream you bunch of Nancy's. Get out there and play some real football you whining, sniffling bunch of jackwagons!!!

Now you cannot use that term without the picture
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/9/41cf9e0e-908b-476c-b5b6-ed0eef446464.jpg

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 08:12 PM
for all we know he approached several candidates & they lolzd him & told their friends & put it on facebook & all that.

Dude, that's hilarious. Well done.

The Pencil Neck
10-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Not scoring 50 points :kitten:

My wife was pissed when we didn't kick a field goal on that last drive.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 08:55 PM
My wife was pissed when we didn't kick a field goal on that last drive.

And yet some people would have you believe there would be no wars if women ran the world.

infantrycak
10-24-2011, 09:01 PM
And yet some people would have you believe there would be no wars if women ran the world.

They haven't met my wife. Then again, I bought into the cute redhead thing.

The Pencil Neck
10-24-2011, 09:05 PM
They haven't met my wife. Then again, I bought into the cute redhead thing.

Strange, so did I.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Strange, so did I.

Ha! So did I!

Since divorced though. :clap:

badboy
10-24-2011, 11:31 PM
This kind of thread I hope to see after every game. We besnocker the opponent and then fairly gently criticise the mistakes.

DexmanC
10-25-2011, 01:30 AM

lmao. Matrix neg-repped you, too? What is it with that cat?

TexansFanatic
10-25-2011, 12:05 PM
lmao. Matrix neg-repped you, too? What is it with that cat?

Fortunately, he hasn't gotten me yet. But I've seen a number of posts from others who've felt his wrath. :heh:

El Tejano
10-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I would say the penalties, and our coaches decision to trot out players like Matt Schaub, and even Kevin Walter back on to the field after we went up 34-7. I know Matt was just handing off and Walter most likely just run blocking but why not give Lienart some reps, our running game was controlling the game and it is usually during these times that offensive players can get freak injuries, plus we just endured a month without our two best players in Andre and Mario and then just witnessed Manning going down, why risk it?

disaacks3
10-25-2011, 12:17 PM
You certainly have solid ground to stand on there considering the play failed.

But I saw a play that would have been successful in gaining a yard (which was all that was required) if the running back had simply taken what was available to him rather than trying to make more out of it than he needed to. Amen. Arian did a LOT right on Sunday, but that play wasn't it.