PDA

View Full Version : Do the Texans bring in another DB? if so who?

srrono
10-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Best Free Agents Available: defense
per Adam Caplan
Safety
Renaldo Hill
Marlin Jackson
Darren Sharper
Lawyer Milloy
Roy Williams
Eugene Wilson (CB)
Chris Horton
Quintin Demps
Kseen Hamlin
C.C. Brown
Aaron Francisco
Michael Lewis
Macho Harris (CB)
Matt Ware
Pierson Prioleau
Donnie Nickey
Tom Nelson
Tyrone Carter
Pat Watkins
Darcel McBath
Antoine Harris
Chris Reis
Marcus Hudson
Nick Sorensen
Darcel McBath
Jamie Silva
Don Carey
Myron Rolle

Cornerback
Fabian Washington
Randall Gay
Lito Sheppard
Tye Hill
Nate Vasher
Brian Williams
Nathan Jones
Benny Sapp
Eric King
Jonathan Wade
Fred Bennett
Will James
Keiwan Ratliff
Karl Paymah
Trumaine McBride
David Jones
Trevard Lindley
Quincy Butler
Mike Richardson
Coye Francies
Tony Carter
Will Blackmon (KR)
Maurice Leggett
Josh Moore
Brandon Underwood
Robert McClain
Courtney Brown

TexansFanatic
10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Petey Faggins?

ThaShark316
10-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Darren Sharpa! One of da hardest hittin safeties in da leagueeeeeeee

srrono
10-23-2011, 08:18 PM

Is he injured? I was surprised that he was still alailable. 63 career INTs

XI CMURDER IX
10-23-2011, 08:26 PM

Coming off surgery, old, and wants more money. That is why the Saints didn't resign him, I think....

DX-TEX
10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Macho Harris

C'mon!! The jokes write themselves.

Ryan
10-23-2011, 08:45 PM
CC Brown :)

kiwitexansfan
10-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Nah, I think we are good with Keo.

:mcnugget:

Scooter
10-23-2011, 08:49 PM
we're not going to IR manning and dont have the money for any named signing.

srrono
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Nah, I think we are good with Keo.

:mcnugget:

Shiloh Keo was activated to replace Dominique Barber
lossing Manning opens another Safety spot cant run with just 3.

The Cush
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Shiloh Keo was activated to replace Dominique Barber
lossing Manning opens another Safety spot cant run with just 3.

Not to mention Keo is pretty bad on defense

CloakNNNdagger
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM

Sharper is 36 years old and has slowed substantially with age. He was a terrible liability in the run for the Saints..........and, although it doesn't affect safeties and CBs as much as the other D players, he's never played in a 4-3.

steelbtexan
10-23-2011, 09:02 PM
If Underwood wasn't a turd, he would be the one I would sign.

He started some for the Packers last yr and played alot in the SB.

badboy
10-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Unless I am over looking someone, I'd rather roll with what we have for now.

The Cush
10-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Unless I am over looking someone, I'd rather roll with what we have for now.

That leaves us with only 3 safeties including Keo. We run a lot of 3 safety packages so if one of them goes down, that could be a problem. Also, Keo will have to play minutes when Quin or Nolan need a breather and I'm not thrilled with that idea. I'm actually just not thrilled with Keo playing at all on defense

badboy
10-23-2011, 09:25 PM
That leaves us with only 3 safeties including Keo. We run a lot of 3 safety packages so if one of them goes down, that could be a problem. Also, Keo will have to play minutes when Quin or Nolan need a breather and I'm not thrilled with that idea. I'm actually just not thrilled with Keo playing at all on defenseI expect KJ to start against next team and Jason Allen to return to safety where he has played before. Nolan may have a good practice this week ands get the start also. I'd
like to see what Torri Williams could do in a back up role. He has good size.

steelbtexan
10-23-2011, 09:31 PM
I expect KJ to start against next team and Jason Allen to return to safety where he has played before. Nolan may have a good practice this week ands get the start also. I'd
like to see what Torri Williams could do in a back up role. He has good size.

I expect Torri Williams to be called up from the PS. He's big/fast and appears to have potential. I could see Allen playing S if an injury occurs. Hopefully Keo and Williams are ST guys only. They would scare me as the last line of defense.

Txknife
10-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Could Mcmanis put in some time at safety in a pinch?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.234378,-84.237517

mexican_texan
10-23-2011, 09:53 PM
What happened to Tye Hill? I remember he and Jonathan Joseph were two of the top prospects at DB a few years ago.

mariowillshine15
10-23-2011, 09:59 PM
What happened to Tye Hill? I remember he and Jonathan Joseph were two of the top prospects at DB a few years ago.

All speed no coverage

Shaft75
10-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Don't count out Demps. He played well in preseason and was among the last of the cuts. Also keep in mind that Wade wants safeties that mirror each other.

And btw, Coach Phillips, for the love of god please don't put our back up safety on Kareem Jackson's side. Thanks ahead of time.

AnthonyE
10-24-2011, 04:01 AM
CC Brown :)
I wouldn't mind signing him so I can hear the Texans PA announcer say "C! C!" during introductions again. I used to get a kick out of that, lol.

Not to mention Keo is pretty bad on defense
I've never seen a safety get so completely burned by a TE like Keo did on the lone Tacks TD. It was pretty atrocious.

Maddict5
10-24-2011, 04:42 AM

who would ironically get his chance to play because of a broken mf'ing leg to manning :kitten:

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
That leaves us with only 3 safeties including Keo. We run a lot of 3 safety packages so if one of them goes down, that could be a problem. Also, Keo will have to play minutes when Quin or Nolan need a breather and I'm not thrilled with that idea. I'm actually just not thrilled with Keo playing at all on defense

We only play 3 safeties because Quin is a safety & dropping him down is just like adding a corner & they like Nolan & want to get him on the field.

Now that Nolan will be starting, I bet we'll see more 4 Corner sets & staying with 2 safeties. It's kinda hard to make that adjustment in game & I guess it made sense to stick Keo (who Wade loves) out there.

We'll see JJoseph, Kareem, McCain, & Allen on the field at the same time (which I think we saw a lot of that yesterday) with Quin & Nolan at safety.

If nothing else, this will allow them to add Brandon Harris to the Active list.

Heck, moving McMannis to safety is also an option.

drunkcookie
10-24-2011, 08:35 AM
I think the safety that replaces Manning is already on the team... He goes by "Killer", but we know him as Neil Rackers... Sorry Nolan...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

nero THE zero
10-24-2011, 08:44 AM
We only play 3 safeties because Quin is a safety & dropping him down is just like adding a corner & they like Nolan & want to get him on the field.

Now that Nolan will be starting, I bet we'll see more 4 Corner sets & staying with 2 safeties. It's kinda hard to make that adjustment in game & I guess it made sense to stick Keo (who Wade loves) out there.

We'll see JJoseph, Kareem, McCain, & Allen on the field at the same time (which I think we saw a lot of that yesterday) with Quin & Nolan at safety.

If nothing else, this will allow them to add Brandon Harris to the Active list.

Heck, moving McMannis to safety is also an option.

We were playing a dime package with 3 safeties in the preseason when Quin wasn't on the field. It has nothing to do with Quin's versatility and everything to do with Phillips' personnel packages.

Demps looks like the obvious choice. McBath could be the wild card.

Errant Hothy
10-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Any of the names off that list would instill more confidence than seeing Keo on the field, outside of kick coverage.

C Madd
10-24-2011, 10:55 AM

Greg Jennings put the team on his back!

Big Poundcake
10-24-2011, 11:07 AM
The names Marlin Jackson and Michael Lewis intrigue me.

If the Texans are looking for a younger guy, then Myron Rolle maybe...

HJam72
10-24-2011, 11:08 AM
This would be a good time to make that Mario for Awesomewha trade. :)

mridge01
10-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Is everyone forgetting about Troy Nolan.

HJam72
10-24-2011, 11:11 AM

No, I just want Awesomewha (cain't speel 'is name though). :)

hradhak
10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
We need a safety who can play the run. Manning's greatest asset was that his side of the field was always contained. He rarely whiffs on tackles. I don't know that any of the guys out there are going to be able to do that. Keo has shown that he's a liability in every aspect on defense. We definitely have to bring in someone but the real question is who that is going to be.

Errant Hothy
10-24-2011, 11:20 AM

No, he is likely starting next to Quinn next week. It's who comes in after that we are all concerned about.

ObsiWan
10-24-2011, 11:34 AM
we're not going to IR manning and dont have the money for any named signing.
^
|
|
|
whut he sed...

If Manning isn't going to go on I/R; i.e., be lost for the season what's all this talk of signing a replacement??

Is there some sort of Rent-A-Player exemption that we get if X number of starters are lost for over a month at one time?
:kitten: