PDA

View Full Version : Brice McCain

SteveSlaton20
10-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Needs to start over Kareem Jackson.

Enough said.

amazing80
10-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Brice is awesome, but he is a pure slot guy IMO, he is way too small to start....every time he went up against a big wide out he gets manhandled. Allen sucks, but Jackson sucks slightly more I think....I would still love to see Harris start, maybe this week vs Jacksonville would be a great chance for him to showcase his skills.....

badboy
10-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Love Brice's speed but he just cannot seem to handle other than slots. I always wanted to see him at free safety.

thunderkyss
10-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I think Bryce is making the most out of his situation. He had a good rookie season & a ridiculously poor sophomore season. Wade Phillips has shown confidence in him & wrote him in as the nickel corner from day one. & that's over his 2nd round pick.

Which begs to question.. maybe Wade never wanted Brandon Harris & Rick Smith was feeling too good about himself & couldn't help but take him.

With Roc Charmichael going out & Antwaan Molden being cut & Kareem Jackson showing some resistance to coaching (maybe) I'm glad they did pick up another CB.

TimeKiller
10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Hell of a pick and run but lets not get crazy over it...

Guy is a good sub package DB but not a starter.

SteveSlaton20
10-23-2011, 07:21 PM
I think Harris' been hurt, I would be more confident over a healthy guy than a guy who was hurt. And McCain might be solely a slot corner, but I'd like to see him get a chance at #2 CB.

kiwitexansfan
10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
McCain was the worst defender on the worst pass defense of all time last year, so I would slow my roll on that one.

Fox
10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Agree with most of the above. He's been playing good ball as our slot guy, let's not mess with a good thing.

TheMatrix31
10-23-2011, 08:40 PM
McCain had some pretty awful play before the pick today.

No thanks.

jtexas
10-23-2011, 09:29 PM
He also tackles like a girl.

ThaShark316
10-23-2011, 09:40 PM
McCain had some pretty awful play before the pick today.

No thanks.

He's improved, but that run play with Ringer was pretty bad.

beerlover
10-23-2011, 10:15 PM
speed kills in the NFL. Brice is probably the fastest defensive player on the Texans. if there was some way to transfer that speed to Kareem or vice versa physical size to McCain you would have one heck of a CB.

Rey
10-24-2011, 03:00 AM
speed kills in the NFL. Brice is probably the fastest defensive player on the Texans. if there was some way to transfer that speed to Kareem or vice versa physical size to McCain you would have one heck of a CB.

As soon as he caught the int I said "td".

I dislike his lack of physicality, but he runs so well. His coverage has been tighter this year too.

GuerillaBlack
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM
As soon as he caught the int I said "td".

I dislike his lack of physicality, but he runs so well. His coverage has been tighter this year too.

Anyone upset that he went in for the td instead of falling down and giving it back to the offense? I, for one, am quite glad that he went in for it. Was also happy to see Joseph right there with him pumping him up. That's the mentality to have.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Anyone upset that he went in for the td instead of falling down and giving it back to the offense? I, for one, am quite glad that he went in for it. Was also happy to see Joseph right there with him pumping him up. That's the mentality to have.

I think it was ridiculous that he had to run around so many players.. a couple of Texans at that... JJoseph was the only one who thought to block for him.

TheMatrix31
10-24-2011, 12:18 PM
I think it was ridiculous that he had to run around so many players.. a couple of Texans at that... JJoseph was the only one who thought to block for him.

Obviously ****ty preparation. Falls on the coaching and management of the team.

SteveSlaton20
10-24-2011, 02:24 PM
If you wanna crown him, then crown his a**! just because he had a pick six, we're letting him off the hook!

I wanted him to start because he was actually shutting down his WR, something Kareem can't ever do. That pick six help his case, but I like him because he's actually playing well in coverage.

We just need to do something with Kareem. God awful.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 02:27 PM
We just need to do something with Kareem. God awful.

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/draino56.gif

Love the Sig... I'd rep you if I could.

Section516
10-24-2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82363809/McCain-returns-interception-for-TD

For those who want to rewatch

HOU-TEX
10-24-2011, 02:38 PM

That's hogwash. Joseph didn't do anything but run with him the last 10 yards to the endzone. Nolan threw the only significant block and Keo got in the way of a couple titans.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/draino56.gif

Love the Sig... I'd rep you if I could.

Hey, you changed your sig.... now my post doesn't make sense.

Again.
:kitten:

That's hogwash. Joseph didn't do anything but run with him the last 10 yards to the endzone. Nolan threw the only significant block and Keo got in the way of a couple titans.

My bad.. I was going off memory, no harm intended.

AnthonyE
10-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Hey, you changed your sig.... now my post doesn't make sense.

Again.
:kitten:

My bad.. I was going off memory, no harm intended.

He has a signature randomizer sig. He has a whole bunch of signatures uploaded but the host will change up the image for him. Pretty neat. I had one of those a while back but the host went sour. SS20 was nice enough to send me the link and now I have one in my sig too. Granted, I only cycle through two images, but its still nice to have. :)