PDA

View Full Version : Video: Texans kicker Rackers has the tackle of the day

Mr. Texan
10-23-2011, 06:17 PM
It was not a very good day for the Tennessee Titans. Not only did they get blown out, 41-7 by the Houston Texans in a crucial division game, but they suffered a unique level of embarrassment on a kick return in the fourth quarter.

Yes, that was Texans kicker Neil Rackers(notes),the plucky 12-year veteran, with the Hit of Doom on second-year Titan Marc Mariani(notes). As you may know, Mariani isn't just any shlub — he made the Pro Bowl in his rookie campaign as a return man. So, you wouldn't really handicap this as a big win for Rackers, who went all old-school Kevin Butler and dominated his target.
It was an actual victory for the Texans, and a moral victory for kickers everywhere. However, a closer look at the video leads me to believe that Rackers could be among a very short list of kickers fined by the NFL for helmet-to-helmet contact.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Texans-kicker-Rackers-has-the-tackle-of-t?urn=nfl-wp10183

alphajoker
10-23-2011, 07:47 PM
I like the nickname Marv Albert game him - Neil "the hitman" Rackers. :thumbup

Scooter
10-23-2011, 07:54 PM
nah, i like that hartman has "hitman", though rackers does deserve a nickname. "nails" or "the hammer" are my suggestion.

brakos82
10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Rackem-Smackem?

Wolf6151
10-23-2011, 11:26 PM
You just gotta love a kicker like Rackers who'll lay out a return man like a LB would.