PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rank this game?

Lurvinator11
10-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Without a doubt this is the best game the texans have played this season!

Who here thinks its the best game we have ever played?

Give your thoughts on the top 5 games in Texans history and why!

:texflag:

Texan_Bill
10-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Ummmm, okay newbie, I'll play..

I would rank this game as just another game. Period. This game means no more than next week's game... and the game after that, etc....

HTown2ATX
10-23-2011, 04:16 PM

I would rank this game as just another game. Period. This game means no more than next week's game... and the game after that, etc....

I disagree only b/c it was for the division lead, against a hated rival/team and this team needed to get a W.

The whole "just another game" mentality in my mind with this team is part of the problem IMO sometimes. Clearly not every game is a must win or something.

But this game just another game....I don't see it.

Just FWIW

ATXtexanfan
10-23-2011, 04:18 PM

i would say the texans played a better game at NO, however the saints have all kinds of fight in them. titans laid down after a bye and brees would never allow that

TexansLucky13
10-23-2011, 04:23 PM

With all due respect that's a load of BS... this was a statement game and completely necessary to set us firmly on the top of the AFC South. This win means more than any other one thus far, and I daresay that may stand true for the rest of the season.

JCTexan
10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
I disagree only b/c it was for the division lead, against a hated rival/team and this team needed to get a W.

The whole "just another game" mentality in my mind with this team is part of the problem IMO sometimes. Clearly not every game is a must win or something.

But this game just another game....I don't see it.

Just FWIW

I agree completely. This is not just another game. It's on the road against the only other divisional opponent vying for a playoff spot. Obviously it means a lot less if the Texans lay an egg for the remainder of the year, but I don't see that happening.

TexansFanatic
10-23-2011, 04:28 PM
At the risk of waxing hyperbolic, I'm going all in.

Not only was this the finest display, the most complete game, I've ever witnessed from a Texans team, but it just so happens that it took place at the most important moment in the franchise's history. That's right---I said it!

Go ahead, laugh. But the plain fact is that the Texans just seized control of their division by punking the utter crap out of their biggest rival.

A loss today could have sent this team into its typical mid-season swoon and surrendered control of the division to Bud's clowns. But a real team showed up today and put on a clinic.

The difference between starting 3-4 and starting 4-3 is the difference between same old loser and new division champion.

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

Wolf
10-23-2011, 04:28 PM
I have seen many "statement" games only to be seen as fools gold

now I am not saying this game is fools gold, because I don't know what the future holds. The Texans can make it what they want. They hold teh key to this.. keep winning instead of the roller coaster they do.. there is a reason they are known as the NFL's "biggest tease"

once one mentions the "P" word, it screws up this franchise

anyway.. lets take another step and kick the Jag's ass next week

Scooter
10-23-2011, 04:36 PM
we took the division lead in week 7 with a crushing win against our most hated rival. we imposed our will for 4 quarters and did so without our 2 best players. this was a statement that we may not have seen from the texans before ... we didnt just win a must win, we obliterated a must win game.

like wolf said, a statement is empty words if we dont finish the season. if we do however finish like we all hope and expect, be sure that today's game was monumental in doing so.

badboy
10-23-2011, 04:40 PM
It was the very best Houston Texans game played today. It was good for me to re-build my confidence. It puts us in the driver's seat for division champs only if we do not flub it up. As often with any Houston team we can still be our own worst enemy. It was a solid game and what sttod out to e was the solid tackles. Sure there was still way too much body block to try to bring ball runner down but I saw good hits. I will enjoy the euphoria today and allow the concern back in tomorrow. Good game.

kingh99
10-23-2011, 05:02 PM
It was an awesome exhibition of domination. The other team put up I want to say 3 unsportsmanlikes and the Texans yawned and continued to kick their ass up and down the field - a total mismatch. The rookies on the Titans Dline were stuffed. It worked out well that the Texans were forced to be honed by the likes the Ravens the week leading up to this pivotal division game. The Titans, not so much. A rare butt whipping.

Wade's boys, Kube's boys, Marciano's fricking boys did a job.

With the pick six Wade's defense gave up zero points today. That will push the Texans Dee into the top 5.

Lucky
10-23-2011, 06:24 PM

I think we lack the context of the entire season to fully comprehend the importance of this game. But, it was without a doubt important at this moment.

And you accuse me of being condescending?

This game was huge exactly because it increases the importance of those games moving forward. This game allows the Texans to control their own destiny. They don't have to worry whether the Colts sit Manning, or if the Bengals show up to play. From here out, they just need to take care of their own business. It's the way it's supposed to be.

steelbtexan
10-23-2011, 06:51 PM
This game ranks only behind the 2009 win over the Pats. That gave the Texans a chance to make the playoffs.

The great thing is that this one came against Fud Buck and the Tacks.

Quite satisfying indeed

gtexan02
10-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Just in terms of football this was by far the best game I've ever seen them play.

fiasco west
10-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Very satisfying, and very big...but it will only mean something should they beat Jacksonville and start building the momentum for the 2nd half...we'll see...but it was a huge game and they flexed their muscle a bit this game.

Get Andre back...and try to get the offense going like this and still just have a average defense, they will be hard to beat for anyone.

FirstTexansFan
10-23-2011, 07:09 PM
I would go with this game being the game we'll look back on at the end of the year and state it was "THE" key game. Definitely a statement game this team required to move on to the next stage mentally.

thunderkyss
10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Very satisfying, and very big...but it will only mean something should they beat Jacksonville...

They can't just beat Jacksonville.

After what they just did on the road, they have got to dominate Jacksonville. Our fans won't accept anything less.

Good teams beat good teams on the road. Good teams dominate bad teams on the road. The Texans need to dominate the JagUars at home to satisfy us (me). If we are to believe they are who we think they are.

A close game, & we start questioning our team again.

:koolaid:

Kthx
10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
My decision to rank this game as one of the best was really about one thing in the end.

On top of us playing a complete game, on top of our defense and offense finally coming together and helping each other, on top of every single great thing I can play in this game, the ONE THING that I took away from this game in the end is that even though Kubiak tried to let his foot off the gas pedal our players WOULDN'T allow it, they kept running as hard as they had all game up until the very last play of the game. That right there was a statement from the players that I appreciate.

When someone asked last week what made them proud of the Texans I would have agreed and said the fact that I live here in Houston, but I would definitely have a better answer after watching this game.

Second Honeymoon
10-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Most satisfying win ever and could end up as biggest win in franchise history
Team was very physical and played with inspiration and purpose

ObsiWan
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
They can't just beat Jacksonville.

After what they just did on the road, they have got to dominate Jacksonville. Our fans won't accept anything less.

Good teams beat good teams on the road. Good teams dominate bad teams on the road. The Texans need to dominate the JagUars at home to satisfy us (me). If we are to believe they are who we think they are.

A close game, & we start questioning our team again.

They better, because I do NOT want to wear the soap.

Dutchrudder
10-23-2011, 07:52 PM
I stopped watching after the 3rd was over, but I was happy nonetheless. Just kind of pointless to watch the beating continue. Great win, nothing to complain about, good weekend :)

Texan_Bill
10-24-2011, 07:42 AM
we took the division lead in week 7 with a crushing win against our most hated rival. we imposed our will for 4 quarters and did so without our 2 best players. this was a statement that we may not have seen from the texans before ... we didnt just win a must win, we obliterated a must win game.

like wolf said, a statement is empty words if we dont finish the season. if we do however finish like we all hope and expect, be sure that today's game was monumental in doing so.

Really?? You're gonna negative rep. me for my post??? Get a life.

thunderkyss
10-24-2011, 07:45 AM

The Titans are on a 2 game losing streak. They're already turning on each other (I think).. if they lose to the Colts next week, it's over & the division is ours, absolutely, bona-fide, Kubiak proof.

Really?? You're gonna negative rep. me for my post??? Get a life.

Don't sweat the small stuff... & it's all small stuff

Norg
10-24-2011, 07:52 AM
at this point im over ranking games i just wanna get our home playoff game

I WANNA see the texans in the AFC champ game

and i wanna see the Texans at the superbowl !!!!!

Texan_Bill
10-24-2011, 07:53 AM
The Titans are on a 2 game losing streak. They're already turning on each other (I think).. if they lose to the Colts next week, it's over & the division is ours, absolutely, bona-fide, Kubiak proof.

Right!! I hear ya man!

Norg
10-24-2011, 07:55 AM

i even think the colts will start kerry collins aganist tenn

b0ng
10-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I'll remember this game for awhile. It was actually a meaningful game in the AFC South race for 2011 and we absolutely pushed in the shit of Bud Adams and his pack of ******s.

Felt better after this game than I did with 19-10.

speedfreek
10-24-2011, 09:31 AM
right up there with the steeler win from a few weeks ago.

which means it will mean absolutely nothing if they choke
against the jags like they did against the raiders

TJ

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
right up there with the steeler win from a few weeks ago.

which means it will mean absolutely nothing if they choke
against the jags like they did against the raiders

TJ

You mean that juggernaut Raider team that just got punked by that powerhouse Kansas City team? C'mon, that was totally excusable. :shades:

TheRealJoker
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
This was easily our most dominant performance.

speedfreek
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Wish campbell would have chosen to go down a few weeks
earlier.

The palmer decision was more retarded than anything Al D.
would have come up with

TJ

You mean that juggernaut Raider team that just got punked by that powerhouse Kansas City team? C'mon, that was totally excusable. :shades:

Vinny
10-24-2011, 11:08 AM

:texflag:nice to beat the dog out of a team they are clearly better than (very nice actually)...other than that, eh...its a long season.

mridge01
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Unless it's a superbowl or an amazing playoff win, nothing tops the first game ever vs. Dallas. On the one hand, agree with the earlier poster that it should be viewed as just another game, but c'mon this is the Texans, we aren't used to 34 point beatdowns on the road against division opponents. With that said, here are the games of note I remember:

1. vs. Dallas, 19-10 (2002)
2. at Pittsburgh, 24-6 (2002)
3. at Miami, 21-20 (2003)
4. vs. Indy, 24-21 (2006) - 1st win vs. Colts ever
5. vs. Pats, 34-27 (2009) - only cuz they weren't yet eliminated & overcame a 14 pt. 4th qtr. deficit.

Yesterday's game might be next. Not sure if I put it ahead of last year's season opening win against the Colts, but since last season turned out to be a dud, maybe. Basically, right now it's just another game, but if it turns out to be a precursor to good things the rest of the way, it might go higher.

mridge01
10-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Wish campbell would have chosen to go down a few weeks
earlier.

The palmer decision was more retarded than anything Al D.
would have come up with

TJ

This.

redwhiteblue
10-24-2011, 01:31 PM
I would put the week 4 Steeler game ahead of this one as far as 2011 games go.

TexansFanatic
10-24-2011, 01:49 PM
I would put the week 4 Steeler game ahead of this one as far as 2011 games go.

If the Texans had gone on to beat the Raiders after that, then I'd agree with you. But the loss to the Raiders (and then the Ravens) put the Texans in a position where they could have slipped to 3-4 with a loss. Instead, they're now 4-3 and in sole possession of first place in their division. The fact that the Titans are also a division foe is another major factor.

HOU-TEX
10-24-2011, 01:50 PM
In the W column

Vinnie
10-24-2011, 02:01 PM
This game:

1) Made me smile.

2) Made it possible for me to enjoy the tailgate next Sunday. I hate that feeling we begin to get towards the middle of the season when the reality of S.O.T. begins to creep in and makes it harder and harder to get excited about home games. If for no other reason, it gave me hope we're not actually dealing with S.O.T. Hopefully that will continue into the Browns game, and dare I say into the Falcons game!

So there you go, my informed football analysis.