PDA

View Full Version : Which player(s) will you focus on?

badboy
10-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Matt Schaub. Kubes said he is ok but he has taken a beating. I think Titans will go hard at him and I expect some flags. Matt needs to stay mobile (yeah, I said it)and use some play action and some draws. He needs to get rid of the ball quickly and be on target.

ATXtexanfan
10-22-2011, 07:03 PM
yup, schaub is gonna have to step his game up. no way tenn allows arian to go off

thunderkyss
10-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Hasselbeck is playing well. Their defense is playing well. If Chris Johnson can join them, they could win it all.

We can't let that happen. So I'll be watching how Wade Phillips scheme to stop him, while limiting Hasselbeck & the passing game.

devo-x
10-22-2011, 07:48 PM
TEs - Owen Daniels, Joel Dressen, James Casey (hopefully)

Luv_ya_blue
10-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Matt Schaub. Kubes said he is ok but he has taken a beating. I think Titans will go hard at him and I expect some flags. Matt needs to stay mobile (yeah, I said it)and use some play action and some draws. He needs to get rid of the ball quickly and be on target.

Well...we're screwed. lol

coon
10-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Connor barwin and not just tomorrow, he is going to have to step up the rest of the year. It's time for him to live up to the potential so many of us see. Also JJ Watt I haven't really noticed him the last few weeks and if were able to force a lot of quick passes I want to see him get his hands on a few balls, maybe it can have the same effect we saw on Schaub in the raiders game.

gary
10-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Mason I hope they find ways to get the football in his hands somehow.

XI CMURDER IX
10-22-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm going to be focusing on Brooks Reed and Connor Barwin, we will need pressure off the edge and someone to contain the outside run.

Wolf6151
10-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I'll be focusing on Brooks Reed, the entire O-line and Arian Foster. These are the places we've got to play well in order to have a chance at winning.

Also Jacoby Jones had better step up or his ass can walk home.

thunderkyss
10-22-2011, 09:14 PM
I missed it this week, someone else usually posts it.

in an AFC South (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/21/three-to-focus-on-texans-titans-week-7/) that doesn’t feature Peyton Manning, it’s safe to say this game is pretty big. The Tennessee Titans currently lead the division by half a game over the Houston Texans. Houston are coming off a loss in Baltimore that highlighted how much they miss Mario Williams and Andre Johnson. Now they get a Tennessee team who had a week off to figure out what went wrong in Pittsburgh. Both teams have QBs who are having good seasons, and both teams are without their top wide receivers and biggest playmakers in Houston’s Johnson and Tennessee’s Kenny Britt. Make no mistake about it, the winner of this game puts themselves in the driving seat for the division. So with that in mind, what are the key areas to focus on in this week’s matchup?

thunderkyss
10-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Antonio is the Best...
1) Slowing down Antonio Smith

3-4 Defensive Ends aren’t renowned for being stud pass rushers, but Antonio Smith has turned in some very good performances so far this year. His five sacks, nine hits and 13 pressures combing to give him a +16.6 grade as a pass rusher – best among 3-4 ends. If you’re looking for an example of the kind of dominance Smith has been capable of this year, let’s look back to Week 1 against the Indianapolis Colts. With 4:21 remaining in the 1st Quarter Smith drives Colts LG Joe Reitz backwards before sacking QB Kerry Collins and forcing the fumble. Smith does most of his damage from the right end spot which means this week for the most part he’ll likely be up against Titans’ LG Leroy Harris. Harris has had a good year so far in pass protection (+3.4) giving up just four total pressures in five games, ranking him 8th in Pass Blocking Efficiency. How Harris fares against an opponent of Smith’s calibre will be key in giving Matt Hasselbeck the time he needs to throw on Sunday.

Ryan
10-22-2011, 09:15 PM
They say Schaub is havin a good season, that means we can't be criticizing anymore. :koolaid:

hradhak
10-23-2011, 10:31 AM
To me it's all about the offensive line. Our offensive line plays well, our running game gets going and Schaub has time to pass. The defense can stop people as long as the offense gives them a breather. If the o line doesn't show up, it's going to be a long afternoon.

thunderkyss
10-23-2011, 10:43 AM
To me it's all about the offensive line. Our offensive line plays well, our running game gets going and Schaub has time to pass. The defense can stop people as long as the offense gives them a breather. If the o line doesn't show up, it's going to be a long afternoon.

I think one of the things that really upset GK last week, was that the offensive line wasn't the root of all our problems. He made a point to mention he would have a few words with the running backs.

Matt had time. Not every time, but there were snaps when he had plenty of time. I don't want to believe it, but Matt may be getting happy feet. Some of his throws were head scratchers, some of his decisions didn't make sense.

The offensive line could be played better, I'm not saying any different. But we need everybody to step up.

Hervoyel
10-23-2011, 10:48 AM
other really good stuff then... "But we need everybody to step up."

This is who needs to step up. Everybody needs to step up. If we have a couple of fools standing around waiting for someone else to step up out there then you can be damn sure that the Titans will find those guys and pick on them. It's time everybody just shut up, quit talking about how they're gonna do it, and just do it.

Either that or hurry up and lay their annual egg so we can start talking about Bill Cowher again.

badboy
10-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Mattie Schaub looking good.

BullNation4Life
10-23-2011, 05:40 PM
yup, schaub is gonna have to step his game up. no way tenn allows arian to go off

Wrong! Remind me never to take u to Vegas

badboy
10-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Wrong! Remind me never to take u to VegasGuess we could say Titans di dnot allow it, Foster just did it anyway!