PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fines Texans DE Antonio Smith

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Hope Smith keeps head during this game........and let's the O keep their helmet.

Updated: Friday, 21 Oct 2011, 5:27 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 21 Oct 2011, 4:17 PM CDT

MARK BERMAN

HOUSTON - The NFL fined Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith $7,500 for unnecessary roughness during the Baltimore Ravens 29-14 win Sunday over the Texans.

Smith was hit with a pair of personal foul penalties during the Ravens' drive for the initial touchdown of the game in the first quarter.

The league fined Smith for pulling a player's helmet off.

"It is what it is," said Smith in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "That's what the rule is in the NFL. You cannot pull a player's helmet off."

"I feel like we were both going at each other."

"He had his hands up in my face mask and gave me a blow with his hand. The only thing that was different is that my straps stayed on tighter and his wasn't and his helmet came off."

Smith said he has already appealed the fine.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nfl/111021-texans-antonio-smith-fined#ixzz1bSWbXzDd

The Cush
10-21-2011, 06:00 PM
I still don't know what he did to get that 2nd personal foul. It looked like the Ravens lineman was pushing him around then he gets knocked out of the picture

CretorFrigg
10-21-2011, 07:24 PM
He gave them a touchdown.

TheMatrix31
10-22-2011, 04:36 AM
The one thing I ask of Antonio Smith every week is to play smart, and he can't even do that. He's a highly unintelligent person.

That said, that second personal foul was a horrible call.

TejasTom
10-22-2011, 07:34 AM
He gave them a touchdown.

I only blamed him for 4 points.

thunderkyss
10-22-2011, 10:57 AM
I still don't know what he did to get that 2nd personal foul. It looked like the Ravens lineman was pushing him around then he gets knocked out of the picture

Antonio said he got caught head butting one of those guys pushing him after the play. It's one of those where the second guy always gets caught.

I definitely do not have a problem with Antonio being aggressive. You'll never see a complaint from me. The timing is usually suspect, but you've got to take up for yourself & you've got to take up for your team.

If we were a winning team, we wouldn't focus on this minutia

:koolaid:

HJam72
10-22-2011, 10:59 AM
I only blamed him for 4 points.

That's one good point....and 4 bad ones.

TheMatrix31
10-22-2011, 12:05 PM
A winning team wouldn't have dumb players making dumb penalties, TK.

PapaL
10-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Winning teams get calls more often, or in this case do not get called for these antics.

HJam72
10-22-2011, 12:19 PM
He was ticked because he was getting manhandled. The best players on winning teams don't get manhandled...

In other words, we were going to lose anyway. Some of this is simply that Antonio Smith doesn't like to lose, which is forgivable.