PDA

View Full Version : Polish Cannon injured!

Cerberus
10-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Janokowski has reportedly injured his hamstring, and may have to be shutdown for awhile. Meanwhile, the Raiders are trying out kickers. I only bring this up because without Jano, the Raiders would not have beaten the Texans. I know, too little, too late to help Kubes and the boys.

Also, Boller is slated to start, which I think is a great move by Hue Jackson, since it will allow Palmer 3 weeks of practice before playing since the Raiders have a bye next week.

The Cush
10-21-2011, 08:12 PM
They are pretty much already in field goal range with a touchback off the kickoff with this guy

Corrosion
10-23-2011, 05:36 AM
Too bad he wasnt "Out" of the Texans game .....

Rey
10-23-2011, 10:51 AM
No, the raiders still would have won.

Corrosion
10-24-2011, 01:13 AM
No, the raiders still would have won.

I doubt it .... Dude had 4 FG's three of which were beyond 50 yards (54 , 55 , 50 & 42). Most kickers are gonna miss one of three from that distance.

One miss means the Texans dont need a TD late , just a FG and they were well in range for that.

Rey
10-24-2011, 08:00 AM
I doubt it .... Dude had 4 FG's three of which were beyond 50 yards (54 , 55 , 50 & 42). Most kickers are gonna miss one of three from that distance.

One miss means the Texans dont need a TD late , just a FG and they were well in range for that.

You can't change one event in a vacuum.

Let's say they don't go for one of the field goals and decide to punt.

Punt returner fumbles or offense has a turnover and they could be in position to still kick a field goal from a much shorter distance or get a td.

Or their defense stops us and we punt, they get a long return.

Texans played poorly enough that neither one of those scenarios are far fetched.

So we can agree to disagree. I've seen the texans come up short in all kinds of games and i am convinced they'd have found another way to lose that game.

BigBull17
10-24-2011, 08:17 AM
I prefer Polish Howitzer. I've never seen a kicker take one step and bomb a 55 yard FG. Of course if he took anymore steps, he may fail a sobriety test.

chicagotexan2
10-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Just rub some GHB on it and you won't feel a thing.:kitten::kitten:

Hardcore Texan
10-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I refer to him as "the mule". Every time the raiders went to kick, I'd turn to my wife and say "bring in the mule"......don't know why it's funny to me for some reason.

Corrosion
10-24-2011, 07:17 PM
I refer to him as "the mule". Every time the raiders went to kick, I'd turn to my wife and say "bring in the mule"......don't know why it's funny to me for some reason.

Cause there was a 1976 movie about a mule who kicked for a college team .... Staring none other than Don Knotts .... Gus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gus_(film))

http://www.clown-ministry.com/images/gus-don-knotts-collection.jpg