PDA

View Full Version : The Chicago Bears (3-3)

thunderkyss
10-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Do you think they're out of it?

Green Bay is running away with the division. Detroit is in firm command of any Wild Card that may come out of the NFC North. One year removed from the NFC Championship game, do you think the Bears can find away to get into the play-offs?

Dutchrudder
10-21-2011, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't say they are out of it, given that an injury to Matt Stafford or CJ could bring the Lions crashing down, but they certainly aren't in a good position. 2 games behind 2nd, with 10 left to play is not a good spot.

thunderkyss
10-21-2011, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't say they are out of it, given that an injury to Matt Stafford or CJ could bring the Lions crashing down, but they certainly aren't in a good position. 2 games behind 2nd, with 10 left to play is not a good spot.

What do you think about the possibility that 3 teams from the North make the play-offs. It's a long season, but outside the division winners, who do you think will be winning ten games in the NFC?

Cerberus
10-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Lets just say it is unlikely they make the playoffs. Of course, they could win their next 10 games and end up at 13-3, but I doubt that will happen.

brakos82
10-21-2011, 06:19 PM
They're right in it - oh wait, they have Cutler.

Dutchrudder
10-21-2011, 06:48 PM
What do you think about the possibility that 3 teams from the North make the play-offs. It's a long season, but outside the division winners, who do you think will be winning ten games in the NFC?

I think the NFC Wild Cards will be coming out of the North and South this year. Packers and either Lions or Bears will make the playoffs from the North. The South hasn't really shaken out yet, but I like the Saints to win the division and at this point I would say Tampa to get the WC.

Corrosion
10-21-2011, 07:38 PM

So you would expect them to go to pieces should one of their main offensive cogs fall to injury ?!

What about on defense .... Say Suh gets hurt ?

Who would you blame in that situation ?!

Ryan
10-21-2011, 08:58 PM
So you would expect them to go to pieces should one of their main offensive cogs fall to injury ?!

Schwartz? :pop:

Dutchrudder
10-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Is this a veiled accusation of hypocrisy? Because I'm pretty sure I have been rather mum on the Kubiak situation since the season started.

I'm just saying that losing one of those guys would cripple that team, as it did last year. I think that's pretty evident. Oddly enough, the Texans did alright last year without AJ against the Raiders and Jags.

Corrosion
10-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Is this a veiled accusation of hypocrisy? Because I'm pretty sure I have been rather mum on the Kubiak situation since the season started.

I'm just saying that losing one of those guys would cripple that team, as it did last year. I think that's pretty evident. Oddly enough, the Texans did alright last year without AJ against the Raiders and Jags.

Wasnt anything veiled about it .... and even tho I quoted you , it wasnt directed at you at all .... More a question to those who might randomly read it .... You just opened the door with the original statement.

Dutchrudder
10-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Wasnt anything veiled about it .... and even tho I quoted you , it wasnt directed at you at all .... More a question to those who might randomly read it .... You just opened the door with the original statement.

Kinda funny, but there are parallels between the Detroit and Houston offense. Beyond CJ, they have nothing in the way of WRs. Their offense is heavily dependent on the TE as well, and they use a RB as a decoy quite a bit.

But no, I'm not calling for Kubiak's head yet. Let the season play out a bit more, and then we'll see. Although, given his record and mismanagement over the years, even a playoff win wouldn't sway me from thinking some other head coaches would be an improvement.

Corrosion
10-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Kinda funny, but there are parallels between the Detroit and Houston offense. Beyond CJ, they have nothing in the way of WRs. Their offense is heavily dependent on the TE as well, and they use a RB as a decoy quite a bit.

But no, I'm not calling for Kubiak's head yet. Let the season play out a bit more, and then we'll see. Although, given his record and mismanagement over the years, even a playoff win wouldn't sway me from thinking some other head coaches would be an improvement.

Thats pretty much my take on the subject .... Just seems so many want to hang the guy for every mistake the team makes .... They fail to see that he's "Done his job" which is to put them in a position to suceed ....

Just look at the end of the Raiders game for a good example of that .... They had a penalty , a sack and a blown snap .... all of which they were able to overcome and get a shot to win it at the end ..... and should have had two plays instead of one .... but Schaub compounded all the other mistakes by making two more on that final play - Not throwing it away after the first two reads to get another play .... and throwing a pick.
Hell , had Rackers made the FG earlier ..... they win it with a FG rather than having to get a TD.
Vickers drops a pass he could have walked into the endzone for a game winner ....

steelbtexan
10-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Thats pretty much my take on the subject .... Just seems so many want to hang the guy for every mistake the team makes .... They fail to see that he's "Done his job" which is to put them in a position to suceed ....

Just look at the end of the Raiders game for a good example of that .... They had a penalty , a sack and a blown snap .... all of which they were able to overcome and get a shot to win it at the end ..... and should have had two plays instead of one .... but Schaub compounded all the other mistakes by making two more on that final play - Not throwing it away after the first two reads to get another play .... and throwing a pick.
Hell , had Rackers made the FG earlier ..... they win it with a FG rather than having to get a TD.
Vickers drops a pass he could have walked into the endzone for a game winner ....

He may put them in a position to win. But he always seems to end up on the losing end of tough games. He's too analytical for his own good.

Too the 2nd paragraph, if and buts etc.....

thunderkyss
10-22-2011, 12:48 AM
I think the NFC Wild Cards will be coming out of the North and South this year. Packers and either Lions or Bears will make the playoffs from the North. The South hasn't really shaken out yet, but I like the Saints to win the division and at this point I would say Tampa to get the WC.

Just a couple of weeks ago, people were picking the 'skins to win the East. But the Giants look good as well & I think it's too early to count the Eagles or the Cowboys out. That's going to be very interesting to watch.

Crown the Packers? I can't see the North ending any other way. Bears & Lions are going to fight it out.... I agree with you.

I also agree with you on the South.... wide open, it's anybody's game.

In the West, San Fran's going to the play-offs, no to ways about it.

HJam72
10-22-2011, 01:46 PM
I agree with Corrosion. Those losses, especially the Raiders game, may eventually count toward my losing all faith in him, but I've got nothing so far this year that makes me really angry. A few players performances in that Raiders game sure tick me off though.

The whole time I was watching that game, I was thinking: A.J.'s out, figures if we lose a game we should still win here, and constantly looking for why I should be ticked at Kubiak. I never saw that last part. I just saw 8 men in the box, Jacoby still not getting open, a missed FG, and Vickers drop ticked me off to no end.

Ultimately, it is Kubiak's baby, but it ain't over yet.

Cerberus
10-22-2011, 04:09 PM

If we're going to play the woulda, coulda, shoulda, game, then with 7:24 left in the first quarter Jason Campbell misses a wide-open Chaz Schillens on a flea-flicker which would have given the Raiders 7 points instead of the punt (Raiders 7 - Texans 7). Then there was Campbell's bad pass that was intercepted by Allen, and the ensuing 56-yard TD to Dreessen. So, playing the same game one could argue the Raiders should have scored 32 or more points. However, the reality of it all is they only won 25-20; point being, both sides could say "if this" or "that" were to have happened, then . . . You know, had Campbell not thrown the interception you could deduct 7 points from the Texans. Had Schaub not been intercepted by Lamarr Houston, you could take away the 54-yard FG by Jano . . . and so on.

thunderkyss
10-22-2011, 06:12 PM
If we're going to play the woulda, coulda, shoulda, game, then with 7:24 left in the first quarter Jason Campbell misses a wide-open Chaz Schillens on a flea-flicker which would have given the Raiders 7 points instead of the punt (Raiders 7 - Texans 7). Then there was Campbell's bad pass that was intercepted by Allen, and the ensuing 56-yard TD to Dreessen. So, playing the same game one could argue the Raiders should have scored 32 or more points. However, the reality of it all is they only won 25-20; point being, both sides could say "if this" or "that" were to have happened, then . . . You know, had Campbell not thrown the interception you could deduct 7 points from the Texans. Had Schaub not been intercepted by Lamarr Houston, you could take away the 54-yard FG by Jano . . . and so on.

You're missing his argument all together. In fact, you're making his argument. The coaches have these guys in the right position to win the game. At the end of the day, it's up to the players to get it done.

Surely there is a place on this WWW where there are others who enjoy Oakland Raider circle jerks... do you have to keep this up over here?

Cerberus
10-22-2011, 07:43 PM
You're missing his argument all together. In fact, you're making his argument. The coaches have these guys in the right position to win the game. At the end of the day, it's up to the players to get it done.

Surely there is a place on this WWW where there are others who enjoy Oakland Raider circle jerks... do you have to keep this up over here?

This NFL Board on Texans Talk, meaning: NFL discussions, or so that is what I take it to mean. Now, do you really think the Texans are the only NFL team to be discussed?

And no, I didn't make his point, because my point was that on any given Sunday you can generally play the woulda, coulda, shoulda, game. Fact is, they didn't and it is time to move on.

Man, you sure do like chewing on those sour grapes don't you?

thunderkyss
10-22-2011, 08:56 PM
This NFL Board on Texans Talk, meaning: NFL discussions, or so that is what I take it to mean. Now, do you really think the Texans are the only NFL team to be discussed?

True.

But I was worried that someone will turn this into a Texans thread, & here you come turning it into a Raiders thread... like you turn every thread into a Raiders thread.

And no, I didn't make his point, because my point was that on any given Sunday you can generally play the woulda, coulda, shoulda, game. Fact is, they didn't and it is time to move on.

Yes you did, it was up to those players to make the plays. The Coaches prepared them, drew up an effective gameplan.... if the players would have made those plays, it would have been a different game.

Man, you sure do like chewing on those sour grapes don't you?

:koolaid:

kiwitexansfan
10-22-2011, 09:13 PM
They're right in it - oh wait, they have Cutler.

They'd be better without Cutler?

Really?

brakos82
10-22-2011, 09:58 PM
They'd be better without Cutler?

Really?

Well, they'd be better with about 15-20 other starting QBs out there.