PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Walter talks about Cortland Innegan..

Chance_C
10-21-2011, 02:38 PM
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bigshow790.com%2Fpages%2F BigShow.html%3Farticle%3D9289117&h=NAQHKslK6AQGfToJm73QNqEcqsyqcvc3bT_Qv5Eyz01ZN_g

:clap:

HJam72
10-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Sometimes the prick has to get jacked. :boogereater:

VTexan
10-21-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.bigshow790.com/pages/BigShow.html?article=9289117

for those who do not want to be rerouted by facebook

badboy
10-21-2011, 02:51 PM
It's obvious than Innegan wants to disrupt the WR with his trash and shoving. I think referees will be watching this game closely. While I prefer not to allow an opponent to get away with crap like this jerk pulls, we don't want to give the game away either.

El Tejano
10-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Finally, a Texan with some cajones to call their opponent a prick. And to think it would be Kevin Walter. I'm buying me a Walter jersey when I get off work!

thunderkyss
10-21-2011, 03:59 PM
It's obvious than Innegan wants to disrupt the WR with his trash and shoving. I think referees will be watching this game closely. While I prefer not to allow an opponent to get away with crap like this jerk pulls, we don't want to give the game away either.

If he weren't a Titan, he would probably be one of my favorite players. He plays the game the way it should be played, with attitude. He gets into the mind of his opponent. & he's playing way over his talent level getting the job done. He's a baller imo.

I know it looks dirty, but if the ref isn't throwing a flag, it's no different than our blocking scheme. Other players think its dirty but it allows our guys to play above their talent.

ArlingtonTexan
10-21-2011, 04:03 PM
If he weren't a Titan, he would probably be one of my favorite players. He plays the game the way it should be played, with attitude. He gets into the mind of his opponent. & he's playing way over his talent level getting the job done. He's a baller imo.

I know it looks dirty, but if the ref isn't throwing a flag, it's no different than our blocking scheme. Other players think its dirty but it allows our guys to play above their talent.

Good here. He is the classic I hate him, because he is not on my team guy. See all the Texans don't get enough "bad" guy threads/posts around here.

Corrosion
10-21-2011, 04:06 PM

If you aint cheatin .... You aint tryin. :shades:

but .... dudes the enemy.

TejasTom
10-21-2011, 04:48 PM
“He (Hines Ward) was voted the league’s dirtiest player, so you’ve got to give it up for him,” Finnegan said, per Terry McCormick of Titan Insider. “I’m number [six] right now, but I’m aspiring to one day hopefully be No. 1. So, I appreciate it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/16/cortland-finnegan-aspires-to-be-the-nfls-dirtiest-player/

ThaShark316
10-21-2011, 04:59 PM
**** him. If he was a Texan, I'd never give him props. Not that he's looking for my props anyway, but still...**** that fool.

Runner
10-21-2011, 05:29 PM

Good point about the blocking scheme. I'm not a big fan of trash talkers though, whatever uniform they wear.

False Start
10-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I heard it this morning, thats great! I like having someone talk a little smack every once in awhile. Cortland dont wnt any of K Dub, or it will be .... http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/aj-beatdown-em-png.png... all over again.

Farough
10-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Can someone type out what he said? I'll take cliffs on it.. I just don't have audio on my computer.. Thanks guys

Showtime100
10-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Can someone type out what he said? I'll take cliffs on it.. I just don't have audio on my computer.. Thanks guys

Here ya go.

From ESPN AFC South Blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/29648/walter-on-finnegan-marks-on-cut-blocking)

“Even before last year, before the whole fight with him and Andre -- years before that -- he’s been pushing people around. He’s pushed me in the back. But you know what? He runs away, he’ll run away from it. You go to talk to him, he’ll kind of hide by his guys. Then after the game he talks to you like nothing’s going on. Like. ‘Hey man, how are you doing?’ Seems like a nice guy after the game.

“But he’s the type of guy, you see him on film and you’re like 'what is he doing, why is he playing like that?' But I would say it’d be pretty cool to have a guy like that on your team because he’s busting his tail all the time. I’m not saying I like the guy, but he’s going out there and giving his effort, giving his all. If he can be a prick here and there, that’s how he plays it.”

rush2112mn
10-21-2011, 06:52 PM
I go by what Andre says about Finnegan "a punk"...that says it all for me....

Sevenfeet
10-21-2011, 07:58 PM
The fact that Walter is even talking about Finnegan means that he's already gotten under his skin. Not good if you're the Texans in general.

imatexan
10-21-2011, 07:59 PM
That was short.

paycheck71
10-21-2011, 08:05 PM
The fact that Walter is even talking about Finnegan means that he's already gotten under his skin. Not good if you're the Texans in general.

I'm sure someone asked him a question about it, so he did his best to give the guy some props for the way he plays the game, but watch it now get blown out of proportion and reduced to "Walter called Finnegan a prick..."

TejasTom
10-21-2011, 08:05 PM

I believe KW was asked about Innegan, he didn't bring it up.

TimeKiller
10-21-2011, 08:31 PM
We have that guy on the team. It's Antonio Smith. And he gets railed every time he does something stupid, so I don't get the quasi bizarro love for Innegan here.

No matter how weak it is that Antonio Smith gets penalties for the extra cirriculars.....at least he's in the middle of a battle. Not losing 20-0. With the season in the tank. With one of the game's finest running up and down the field on him AGAIN -nnegan. You wouldn't mind that guy on the team? I would. Not only is it weak, he got his ass kicked on tv and everyone basically applauded Andre Johnson for doing so.

He's that guy at rec leagues who tries to hard.

Carr Bombed
10-21-2011, 08:45 PM

:rolleyes: Oh lord, not this lame ass excuse again.

You see Texan fans, this is how Titan fans try to rationalize Cortland's ****ty play and dirty antics. When he comes up "short" and has to act a fool, they say he got under the other player's skin. They said the same thing when Andre smashed that little man like a bug. They can't point to superior play by Innegan so they try to save face with this lame-O excuse and act like this is some saving grace for him or some advantage when it clearly isn't.

Innegan doesn't "get under people's skin"...he attempts to pull their man card (like he did against Andre) and they simply take his instead (just like Andre did).

Oh how's Innegan playing this year? I hear y'all strictly stick him in the slot now. Dude can't cover outside anymore, which is probably a good thing since he won't have to face Andre anymore. Watch D. Mason tear him up in the slot...another WR who has attempted to ***** slap Innegan, but I guess Innegan just "got under his skin too" huh? :rolleyes: Wow I really wish I could find a site that keeps track of all of these "getting under someone's skin" stats. You know since it's soo important to playing the game of football.

LOL. You're confusing "being annoying" with being "intimidating". All Innegan does is tick players off where they play harder and go at him harder..which is not good for Innegan. Intimidation is where you really take someone out of their game and let me tell you....Innegan intimidates no one. He's a league wide laughing stock amongst his peers, especially since Andre put him on front street for the world to see how big of a ***** he truly is. Against the popular belief that is held in Titan land...he's not a tough guy, he's a sissy.

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Can you just FEEL the love?

Bad blood brewing

Guard Wade Smith said he had nothing "to say in the media" to accusations by Titans defensive linemen Sen'Derrick Marks that Smith and tackle Eric Winston had tried to injure him with admittedly legal chop blocks the past two seasons.

Winston said his conscience was clear - and no Titan had a right to point fingers.

"I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing for an offensive lineman, but I've never been fined before," he said. "And we've had three offensive linemen since I've been here go out with season-ending injuries against them. You can't tell me they're not teaching stuff to dive on guys, fall on people, fall onto players' knees when the play is over."link (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-expect-Schaub-to-start-against-Titans-2230702.php)

Carr Bombed
10-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Can you just FEEL the love?

link (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-expect-Schaub-to-start-against-Titans-2230702.php)

The Titans are freaking hypocrites, :vincepalm: they run the same zone blocking scheme that we do.

TheMatrix31
10-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Mother**** Cortland Finnegan.

And **** the idea that if he was on this team, we'd all love him. I can't STAND when people say that about players. If your feeling about a player you hate will automatically change just because they're is on your team, then your feelings are superficial and shouldn't exist to begin with.

I would have stoppped rooting for the Suns if Kobe signed with Phoenix in 2004. I was sick to my stomach the entire time Shaquille O'Neal was on the Suns. I would slaughter some animal if this bitchmade ginger trash ever even sniffed a Texans uniform. If Shane Victorino was even mentioned as a potential Braves acquisition, I might take a baseball bat to something.

Dirty, punk, bitchmade piece of crap players are dirty, punk, bitchmade pieces of crap whether they play for my team or not.

Can't. STAND. this idea. Let's just put it to bed once and for all.

b0ng
10-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Finnegan is a *****. That is all.

Kthx
10-22-2011, 09:06 AM
http://candyaddict.com/blog/candy_images/gm_chocolate_lucky_charms.jpg

drunkcookie
10-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Wow I really wish I could find a site that keeps track of all of these "getting under someone's skin" stats. You know since it's soo important to playing the game of football.

LOL. You're confusing "being annoying" with being "intimidating".

Lol. Amen!

I would not want the guy on my team, he is embarrassing... It'd be different if his level of play matched his act but it's not close...

The whole thought of wanting this guy on your team because he gets under the skin of his opponents is crazy... I guess someone in the media said it once and it caught on, because i think i have heard it before...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

ArlingtonTexan
10-22-2011, 10:41 AM
We have that guy on the team. It's Antonio Smith. And he gets railed every time he does something stupid, so I don't get the quasi bizarro love for Innegan here.

No matter how weak it is that Antonio Smith gets penalties for the extra cirriculars.....at least he's in the middle of a battle. Not losing 20-0. With the season in the tank. With one of the game's finest running up and down the field on him AGAIN -nnegan. You wouldn't mind that guy on the team? I would. Not only is it weak, he got his ass kicked on tv and everyone basically applauded Andre Johnson for doing so.

He's that guy at rec leagues who tries to hard.

Actually, there is not much heat on about Antonio smith here. The last few threads, that I found. some at the moment complaining in the game day threads, but broad mass of fans are not all over the guy despite questionable plays.

1) About his recent fine..almost no actvity
2) One saying that he is now a different player because of 4 sack and 4 games
3) One about an interview he did
4) One about the events at his pool party.

As an individual, I take you at your word that you would not like that guy on the Texans, but there is not some outpouring of hate for Antonio Smith broadly by the masses. Methinks there is a sizable portion of fans that like dirty even if chippy, punkish type play. especially when it our guy displaying the douchry.

The same would be true of Finnegan, especially when there is a player (Walter) who readily admits he wants the guy on his team, even while calling finnnegan a prick.

HJam72
10-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I see a huge difference between Smith and Finnegan. Smith is like so many other players have been that just get too emotional and don't think quite enough before reacting sometimes. It goes with physical game they play, and it's understandable, to a certain extent.

Finnegan, on the other hand, is a lot like watching Dennis Rodman's antics. These are the kind of players that should be officially suspended for several seasons for literally "Acting a Fool in Public." No bother with mentioning specific fouls. No bother explaining or defending $^!+. Simply put, the league has voted and we don't want you. Give them a draft pick or something and move on.

PS-I realize he is apparently a great guy off the field. So let him be a great guy OFF the field, until he learns to be at least a decent one ON the field.

ArlingtonTexan
10-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I see a huge difference between Smith and Finnegan. Smith is like so many other players have been that just get too emotional and don't think quite enough before reacting sometimes. It goes with physical game they play, and it's understandable, to a certain extent.

Finnegan, on the other hand, is a lot like watching Dennis Rodman's antics. These are the kind of players that should be officially suspended for several seasons for literally "Acting a Fool in Public." No bother with mentioning specific fouls. No bother explaining or defending $^!+. Simply put, the league has voted and we don't want you. Give them a draft pick or something and move on.

PS-I realize he is apparently a great guy off the field. So let him be a great guy OFF the field, until he learns to be at least a decent one ON the field.

I don't think the NFL wants to get rid of the Finnegans. They want to give the appearance that they won't put up with foolishness and limit the follishness, but these clowns help sell the game. Seriously, how many articles/features would there be on Andre versus Courtland for the 1st time since the beatdown are we missing this week?

Finnegan is obviously, not Rodman, but in his heyday of tomfoolry, rodman was consistently one of the most popular, talked about draws in the NBA. Can't have too much as it will be overpowering, but the douchiness helps spice up the stew.

HJam72
10-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't think the NFL wants to get rid of the Finnegans. They want to give the appearance that they won't put up with foolishness and limit the follishness, but these clowns help sell the game. Seriously, how many articles/features would there be on Andre versus Courtland for the 1st time since the beatdown are we missing this week?

Finnegan is obviously, not Rodman, but in his heyday of tomfoolry, rodman was consistently one of the most popular, talked about draws in the NBA. Can't have too much as it will be overpowering, but the douchiness helps spice up the stew.

I know what ya mean. I'd just love to see a professional league stick it to one of these guys and make them grow up, instead of penalizing hard-working players for falling on QBs, etc.

TheMatrix31
10-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Difference is that Dennis Rodman was a great player.

HJam72
10-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Difference is that Dennis Rodman was a great player.

True, but he was also even more of a clown. :clown:

Carr Bombed
10-22-2011, 01:23 PM

I wouldn't even compare Innegan to Rodman. Rodman wasn't a dirty player, he was just a nutcase who played extremely hard, but within the rules...he was a GREAT GREAT player. One of my favorites

Innegan is more like Bruce Bowen, minus the man on man defensive talent. Bruce Bowen is still hated outside of SA and he's a dirt bag (on the court)...nice guy off of it (sound familiar?). Bruce Bowen would purposely kick people, poke at their eyes, and purposely move his foot under a player's legs right where he was about to land and ended up injuring multiple players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvk4qHkT10

Sorry, but I've never respected players like that and Innegan is no different. Take away all of Bowen's defensive talent and he'd just be a player out there "gooning it up" and that's exactly what Innegan is, a goon. However unlike Bowen he isn't a real tough guy and goonery doesn't work in the NFL like it may in the NBA, because there's real tough guys in the NFL who'll knock the crap out of you. :)

I didn't get the Antonio Smith comparison. Antonio Smith isn't dirty, he's never been dirty or a douche...he's actually his own worst enemy at times. Boneheaded is a more proper term for him.

drunkcookie
10-22-2011, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't even compare Innegan to Rodman. Rodman wasn't a dirty player, he was just a nutcase who played extremely hard, but within the rules...he was a GREAT GREAT player. One of my favorites

Innegan was more like Bruce Bowen, minus the man on man defensive talent. Bruce Bowen is still hated outside of SA and he's a dirt bag (on the court)...nice guy off of it (sound familiar?). Bruce Bowen would purposely kick people, poke at their eyes, and purposely move his foot under a player's legs right where he was about to land and ended up injuring multiple players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvk4qHkT10

Sorry, but I've never respected players like that and Innegan is no different. Take away all of Bowen's defensive talent and he'd just be a player out there "gooning it up" and that's exactly what Innegan is, a goon. However unlike Bowen he isn't a real tough guy and goonery doesn't work in the NFL like it may in the NBA, because there's real tough guys in the NFL who'll knock the crap out of you. :)

I didn't get the Antonio Smith comparison. Antonio Smith isn't dirty, he's never been dirty or a douche...he's actually his own worst enemy at times. Boneheaded is a more proper term for him.

Yah, Bowen would get into a player's head, but for sure had the game to back it up... Had he not had the game, as a diehard Spurs fan i wouldn't have absolutely loved the guy like i did...

Inthechinagain just doesn't have the game to back it up when comparing his game to his act, and IMO he seems to get into his own head if you can follow...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

Brisco_County
10-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I see Innegan as a someone who is probably a regular, decent, even funny guy in regular life, but he brings out his degenerate side on the field. The field is a different place than the real world, and he becomes a different person.

I have no love for Innegan, but our frustration needs to be with the officials and the NFL. They are aware of what he does, and they don't take measures to stop it. The beatdown by Andre made those officials look really bad, because they are the reason it got to that point. I bet if they started flagging him for even smirking at an opponent, he'd knock it off real fast.

Carr Bombed
10-22-2011, 03:42 PM
I have no love for Innegan, but our frustration needs to be with the officials and the NFL. They are aware of what he does, and they don't take measures to stop it. The beatdown by Andre made those officials look really bad, because they are the reason it got to that point. I bet if they started flagging him for even smirking at an opponent, he'd knock it off real fast.

Completely disagree with that. As my dad used to tell me. Your character isn't measured by what you do when everybody is watching you, but what you do when no one is watching.

This isn't a player who's trying to get away with illegal contact or holding..it's a scumbag who's taking dirty shots and doing things that have no part and nothing to do with the game. I don't even care if the refs call it or not, anybody with a ounce of character respects his competition and plays straight up. If you get beat, then you get beat..but that doesn't give you a free pass to be a ass, just because you can get away with it. Also the Refs do call a lot of his antics, if it hasn't stopped him now, I doubt it ever will..

Having said that though. I doubt he EVER tries to pull that crap against Andre again. (I bet when he sees Dre, he wets himself a little now) The only thing a bully punk understands is a punch upside the head, they don't listen to authority (refs, teachers, or whatever) and just like bullies in real life, they end up being exposed as being wimps.

Off topic here... has anybody had the fantastic pleasure of watching someone finally stand up and sock a bully in the jaw? It's freaking hilarious, the incident I saw..the "dork/nerd" finally snapped and socked the guy and he fell like a house of cards with one punch and he started crying as everyone proceeded to laugh at him. It was great (I kinda felt bad for him for a second, but then I remembered how big of a douche he was and how much he deserved it), but that's a totally different topic. Oh the glory days

Note to kids...don't go to the teacher, don't go to your parents...just hit that bastard right in the mouth :) It'll shut him up.

Brisco_County
10-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Completely disagree with that. As my dad used to tell me. Your character isn't measured by what you do when everybody is watching you, but what you do when no one is watching.

This isn't a player who's trying to get away with illegal contact or holding..it's a scumbag who's taking dirty shots and doing things that have no part and nothing to do with the game. I don't even care if the refs call it or not, anybody with a ounce of character respects his competition and plays straight up. If you get beat, then you get beat..but that doesn't give you a free pass to be a ass, just because you can get away with it. Also the Refs do call a lot of his antics, if it hasn't stopped him now, I doubt it ever will..

Having said that though. I doubt he EVER tries to pull that crap against Andre again. (I bet when he sees Dre, he wets himself a little now) The only thing a bully punk understands is a punch upside the head, they don't listen to authority (refs, teachers, or whatever) and just like bullies in real life, they end up being exposed as being wimps.

Off topic here... has anybody had the fantastic pleasure of watching someone finally stand up and sock a bully in the jaw? It's freaking hilarious, the incident I saw..the "dork/nerd" finally snapped and socked the guy and he fell like a house of cards with one punch and he started crying as everyone proceeded to laugh at him. It was great (I kinda felt bad for him for a second, but then I remembered how big of a douche he was and how much he deserved it), but that's a totally different topic. Oh the glory days

Note to kids...don't go to the teacher, don't go to your parents...just hit that bastard right in the mouth :) It'll shut him up.

Even though Cortland enjoys it, he also sees a strategic value in it. When he gets away with it, it's an advantage, and therefore changes the game. That's why it's on the officials to charge the team 15 yards, then 30, then 45, then however many until Cortland takes flack from his own team. If officials cannot do that, then opposing players have to whoop his ass, and then Goodell has to explain why his league cannot control escalating situations. It all comes back to the officials.

TheMatrix31
10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
I would spit on Bruce Bowen if I ever saw him. I have absolutely no respect for that person man-to-man. None.

Carr Bombed
10-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Even though Cortland enjoys it, he also sees a strategic value in it. When he gets away with it, it's an advantage, and therefore changes the game. That's why it's on the officials to charge the team 15 yards, then 30, then 45, then however many until Cortland takes flack from his own team. If officials cannot do that, then opposing players have to whoop his ass, and then Goodell has to explain why his league cannot control escalating situations. It all comes back to the officials.

There is no advantage gained by his actions...I don't buy into that argument at all. This isn't the NBA where you effect someone's shot. The NFL is a full contact sport (I know people say the NBA is too, but it's not) and players are used to getting hit and even hurt. Also like I said above the refs ARE calling it. They didn't call it in that game, but he gets called for a LOT of the stuff that he does..and it isn't stopping, because he's a jackass.

Texecutioner
10-22-2011, 08:44 PM
I would spit on Bruce Bowen if I ever saw him. I have absolutely no respect for that person man-to-man. None.

I highly doubt you would do that.

Giant Tiger
10-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Mother**** Cortland Finnegan.

And **** the idea that if he was on this team, we'd all love him. I can't STAND when people say that about players. If your feeling about a player you hate will automatically change just because they're is on your team, then your feelings are superficial and shouldn't exist to begin with.

I would have stoppped rooting for the Suns if Kobe signed with Phoenix in 2004. I was sick to my stomach the entire time Shaquille O'Neal was on the Suns. I would slaughter some animal if this bitchmade ginger trash ever even sniffed a Texans uniform. If Shane Victorino was even mentioned as a potential Braves acquisition, I might take a baseball bat to something.

Dirty, punk, bitchmade piece of crap players are dirty, punk, bitchmade pieces of crap whether they play for my team or not.

Can't. STAND. this idea. Let's just put it to bed once and for all.

:goodpost: I'll give you a hockey analogy: I liked the Montreal Canadiens in the 70's; they played a style that made you proud to be a fan. Then, after a few failures in the playoffs, along with Edmonton's rise to prominence; Montreal became exactly the type of team I couldn't stand (and yes, Patrick Roy is a jerk). I never cheered for them again.

TheMatrix31
10-23-2011, 04:17 AM
I highly doubt you would do that.

Yeah you're probably right brah.

My best guess is that we'd both be lucky such a situation would never arise, considering I probably wouldn't be hanging around the West Hollywood area, which is where I'm sure he spends most of his time when he visits LA.

/