PDA

View Full Version : Eagles & Lions trade running backs

J_R
10-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Ronnie brown to lions for 2013 7th and jerome harrison.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/126387596078223360

Farough
10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Great pickup for the Lions. Didn't really cost them anything as Harrison didn't play too much. They have Maurice Morris as the number 2 anyways but I could definitely see Brown working his way up to being number 2 on the depth chart.

Grams
10-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Not anymore. Trade was voided.

J_R
10-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah, turns out Jerome Harrison has a brain tumor.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7127181/jerome-harrison-tumor-which-voided-detroit-lions-philadelphia-eagles-trade-source-says

As Philadelphia Eagles doctors were giving newly acquired running back Jerome Harrison his physical, they discovered a brain tumor that nullified a trade with the Detroit Lions, according to two league sources.

The trade might have might have actually saved Harrison's life, the sources said. Without the deal being made, Harrison would not have undergone a physical. The tumor is now being treated, according to sources.

Harrison could not be reached for comment.

Harrison is not expected to play again this season, but his long-term prognosis both for life and his football career appear to be good, sources said. He is visiting with more doctors Thursday.

The voided trade has left the Lions with major issues at running back because star running back Jahvid Best the third concussion of his career in last week's loss to San Francisco.

All the best to Jerome

Farough
10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
That's crazy. In the end its good that he got traded because they wouldn't have found the tumor.

Glad to hear that the long term outlook is bright for him.

Dutchrudder
10-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Wow, that's fortunate for him, in a way. Best luck, mister 286 yards against the Chiefs.

**** cancer.

pbat488
10-20-2011, 09:58 PM
wow, this goes down in my book as probably the best trade i've ever seen.

zero players, zero draft picks, and no money; but one life is a pretty solid pickup.