PDA

View Full Version : Do you really think other teams respect us or are they yanking it?

Endcoachment
10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Every time I watch an opposing teams press conference/interviews they always have something amazing to say about the Texans. Ray Rice after Sundays game came out and said these guys don't quit, this is not a good team but a great team...blahbittyhooblah. We've heard it all before. But there seems to be a disconnect between us as fans and them as opponents. I'm truly wondering if we are as great as they say we are or are they yanking our chain.

This team ran a screen play on 3rd and 9. Without big 80 you can see that arian is coming a mile away. I screamed at the TV and said 'wth Arian might go down on this play'. Luckily he didn't but the play ended in a 2 yard gain and every purple Jersey was gunning for Arian. With plays like that I fathom it hard to see how other teams respect us, unless its a public relations move.

speedfreek
10-17-2011, 07:47 PM
avoiding giving up billboard material while blowing smoke up mcnairs ass

TJ

thunderkyss
10-17-2011, 08:23 PM
I expected to hear how we're the same ol Texans all day. But I only heard that from the Houston Radio Stations. All my friends (I don't live in Houston) said we played a good game. It was closer than the score said. The ESPN guys are talking about what a good job Flacco did.

I don't really know. How much was our poor offense, how much was their great defense?

But, if I were Art Modell, I'd instruct all my players to talk up the Texans, keep McNair thinking he's "on the right track" Playing in the same division as the Steelers, you might need that edge in the Wild Card race.

EllisUnit
10-17-2011, 08:24 PM
its easy to talk good about a team after you whip their ass :whip:

fiasco west
10-17-2011, 09:22 PM
I think you can see that this team has gained some respect since Kubiak has taken over. Just go to other teams boards before the game and fans are always worried about what we have and the challenge we present.

With that said its not the same level of respect that the Patriots get or Packers. It's more of a "That's a tough team, we are going to have to bring it to beat them." nothing more than that though.

So I don't think the players are just blowing smoke, also that coaches always talk up teams. They don't want the players to underestimate their opponent.

Ryan
10-17-2011, 09:34 PM
I remember all that crap that McNair said about how they fought during that MNF game last year against them and how all owners were complimentary of that team, i think that contributed in Kubiak keeping his job and i think that's what the league wants, because for now we're just a talented group of underachievers, and it seems to be the same to this day.

buddyboy
10-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Wait...what's wrong with a screen pass on 3rd and 9? Giving it to your best player in space and hoping he can do something with it? Sounds fine to me..

TheDream34
10-17-2011, 10:00 PM
We are a good team with unlimited potential, problem is we have by far the worst head coach in the NFL

ArlingtonTexan
10-17-2011, 10:42 PM
The Texans are a good enough team with enough talented pieces (especially at full health) that if another team just wanders out there and does not play at least a solid game, the Texans can beat most teams in theleague. In other words, while teams might not get up for the Texans, they don't fall asleep against us either.

MEGA SWATT
10-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Mostly pr moves. I think the comments are not warranted without AJ or Mario b/c this team essentially needs perfect conditions/no injuries to honestly get the respect from good teams. I think ultimately good teams know that the Texans do not have a killer instinct and WILL let up and let you back in the game AND that MS is not very good or consistent in high pressure situations. Finally, I think good teams are tired of hearing how the Texans will be the break-out team of the season........:gun: Oh, and if the Texans do beat them, it's b/c of what the good team did NOT do, not what the Texans DID.

Pantherstang84
10-18-2011, 12:14 AM
We are a good team with unlimited potential, problem is we have by far the worst head coach in the NFL

We endorse this post.

Signed,

Tony Sparano
Steve Spagnulo

Endcoachment
10-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Wait...what's wrong with a screen pass on 3rd and 9? Giving it to your best player in space and hoping he can do something with it? Sounds fine to me..

Running to the strong side of the field and tackling Arian with three to four of your closest friends behind you. Without AJ there, there its no offensive scheme.

Norg
10-18-2011, 03:46 AM
we are a middle of the pack team Nuff said

thunderkyss
10-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Running to the strong side of the field and tackling Arian with three to four of your closest friends behind you. Without AJ there, there its no offensive scheme.

Didn't Arian pick up like 50 yards on that play the week before?

TheMatrix31
10-18-2011, 04:17 AM
No team in the league doesnt respect any other team in the league. Why? Because the Panthers can beat the Packers.