PDA

View Full Version : Lets be ********** Honest.....

EllisUnit
10-16-2011, 06:32 PM
We will get AJ back our defense is still doing very well, and we will still win the South. Our Offense is built around AJ, We have played hard without him, BUT thats not enough. We need him out there.

We will be fine.

We do need to find another Legit WR in the Offseason though. Then we wont have this problem. But we get AJ back next week we now have mason and we will begin to crush teams like we should be doing now. I am mad about the loss too, and mad at Schaubs dumb decesions, the coaches bad play calling and our lack to do anything outside of the box.

Oh and i swear every game we lose we lose by a kicker kicking 4-5-6 FGs.

BUt we WILL be fine and win the South, mark my words.

imatexan
10-16-2011, 06:35 PM
We will win the south but a game like this does not give me any confidence once we are in the playoffs.

The Cush
10-16-2011, 06:36 PM
We just need to get in and it's any given Sunday.

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Like clockwork. Now the "any given Sunday" excuse is thrown out. Same ****, different year.

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 06:41 PM
no no its the 24 hr period after a loss= full rant mode on TT

XI CMURDER IX
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
We will get AJ back our defense is still doing very well, and we will still win the South. Our Offense is built around AJ, We have played hard without him, BUT thats not enough. We need him out there.

We will be fine.

We do need to find another Legit WR in the Offseason though. Then we wont have this problem. But we get AJ back next week we now have mason and we will begin to crush teams like we should be doing now. I am mad about the loss too, and mad at Schaubs dumb decesions, the coaches bad play calling and our lack to do anything outside of the box.

This man speaks the truth! I think if we get to the playoffs, we can compete though.

SheTexan
10-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Hard to be **********honest when you watch your team fold AGAIN in the second half. I will be brutally honest about one thing though. THREE games in a row we've been the victim of BAD calls from the refs. Don't wanna blame them for the loss, because we simply did NOT out play the Ravens, but, crappy calls takes the wind out of the momentum! JMO!!

Trap_Star
10-16-2011, 06:45 PM
let's be honest, jayden jaymes is the best.

The Cush
10-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Like clockwork. Now the "any given Sunday" excuse is thrown out. Same ****, different year.

How is that an excuse? The horrible Seahawks won a home playoff game against the then reigning Super Bowl champs. Anything can happen in the playoffs when its win or go home. I didn't know this was a Super Bowl or bust year for us when we haven't even made the playoffs once in our existence

Vinny
10-16-2011, 06:57 PM
let's be honest? Sure this team may back into the playoffs due to a pathetic division, but that doesn't make this a good team. A mediocre team that backs into the playoffs perhaps and I've seen dozens of mediocre teams get into the playoffs over the last 40 years. low bar stuff really.

ATXtexanfan
10-16-2011, 07:01 PM
backing into the playoffs still leaves us with schaub at qb

thunderkyss
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM

We will be fine.

I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm not panicking over this game. But I do have some questions.

I thought we were going to challenge Bernard Pollard... expose him.

How many catches did our TEs have? How many targets?

Ben Tate looked good carrying the ball, why didn't he get more touches?

& What happened to the Dawg? Why wasn't he let loose?

Mr. Texan
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
let's be honest, jayden jaymes is the best.

i prefer abella anderson :)

Trap_Star
10-16-2011, 07:08 PM
i prefer abella anderson :)

jayden not only put up better combine #s, she produces, she's tough and plays through injuries.

silentassassin
10-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm not panicking over this game. But I do have some questions.

How much can you trust this team though? I can't even feel confident about some of the "easier" games in the 2nd half of the schedule. Although I'm still hopeful they'll take care of business, that's just my blind faith.

Vinny
10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
How much can you trust this team though? I can't even feel confident about some of the "easier" games in the 2nd half of the schedule. Although I'm still hopeful they'll take care of business, that's just my blind faith.Kubiak just needs time. His kids will grow up soon.

PHAROAH
10-16-2011, 07:40 PM

We will be fine.

BUt we WILL be fine and win the South, mark my words.We need more than 1 wr in the off season we need to add multiple through the draft and free agency. We need young studs not washed up wr's like Derrick Mason.

thunderkyss
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
We need more than 1 wr in the off season we need to add multiple through the draft and free agency. We need young studs not washed up wr's like Derrick Mason.

Let's see what Mason does after a full week of practice.

Going forward, if Kubiak stays, we've got 3s & 4s... we just need to hit a homerun on a #2.

This year, Mason should be adequate.

EllisUnit
10-16-2011, 07:58 PM
let's be honest? Sure this team may back into the playoffs due to a pathetic division, but that doesn't make this a good team. A mediocre team that backs into the playoffs perhaps and I've seen dozens of mediocre teams get into the playoffs over the last 40 years. low bar stuff really.

Dont agree that we are a bad team, We are a good team, we are however limited without AJ. Even without Mario our defense looked good. If we were so bad we wouldnt be hanging around with these teams like the saints and the ravens. We put up one hell of a fight.

I dont see how people think this team is so weak, i just dont see it.

Vinny
10-16-2011, 08:29 PM

Dont agree that we are a bad team, We are a good team, we are however limited without AJ. Even without Mario our defense looked good. If we were so bad we wouldnt be hanging around with these teams like the saints and the ravens. We put up one hell of a fight.

I dont see how people think this team is so weak, i just dont see it.
I never called this team bad....just mediocre. Mediocre teams put up 'one hell of a fight' you know...mediocre sucks too though

Surreal McCoy
10-16-2011, 08:30 PM
no no its the 24/7/365 period = full rant mode on tt

fify ;)

srrono
10-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Make the playoffs see what happens

Hookem Horns
10-16-2011, 09:37 PM
I never called this team bad....just mediocre. Mediocre teams put up 'one hell of a fight' you know...mediocre sucks too though

LOL Kubiak is defining the word "mediocre". I often call him "Captain .500" however technically he is just below that.

In his 6 years here he has finished with winning 6, 8, 8, 9, and 6 games. Now in season 6 he sits at 3-3.

The sad thing is the AFC South is so poor that the Texans might win the division going .500 again or with Kubes having another break out 9 win season. That will be up to the Titans.

If the above happens you know Bob McMediocre will keep Captain .500 around.

TexansFanatic
10-16-2011, 09:42 PM
LOL Kubiak is defining the word "mediocre". I often call him "Captain .500" however technically he is just below that.

In his 6 years here he has finished with winning 6, 8, 8, 9, and 6 games. Now in season 6 he sits at 3-3.

The sad thing is the AFC South is so poor that the Texans might win the division going .500 again or with Kubes having another break out 9 win season. That will be up to the Titans.

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry discovers that if he loses a girlfriend, another girl shows up right away. If he loses a twenty dollar bill, he finds one in the pocket of his blue jeans.

Kramer dubbed him Even Steven.

That's Kubiak. Even Steven.

I heard Charlie Pallilo the other day saying Kubiak took the 6-10 team he fielded in 2006 and, four years later, turned them into.......a 6-10 team.

JVL713
10-16-2011, 09:42 PM

We will be fine.

I agree with just about everything you said, especially the part in bold. I like how the defense can crack down in the redzone (#1 redzone defense), but I wish they would crack down more often before letting the opposing team reach field goal range. Im always happy to force a team to settle for 3, but those field goals sure do add up

Pantherstang84
10-16-2011, 09:46 PM
I agree with just about everything you said, especially the part in bold. I like how the defense can crack down in the redzone (#1 redzone defense), but I wish they would crack down more often before letting the opposing team reach field goal range. Im always happy to force a team to settle for 3, but those field goals sure do add up

...when your offense can't score points.

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 09:47 PM

I'm just so "meh" at the future of this team if McNair keeps Kubiak another season. Depressing really. Everyone will be one year older (Andre will be 31). We're no longer the "young team with potential" anymore (died two years ago and last year should have been the breakout year for the "young team".

Let's be mother****ing honest right now, the Texans are garbage. Straight up. As long as we got Kubiak roaming the sidelines during games, we will remain garbage. There is nothing that I see that will change that. Five years of evidence backing this up, too. We're following the exact same road. It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone. The threads are almost identical, as they teeter and totter their way to a mediocre, sub .500 record yet again. We see how the defense looks. They put up a fight. They have an experienced coach coaching them. We need the same for the offense and the entire team. The window for the Texans is closing slowly and slowly. Other teams are starting to rise up in the NFL with their new coaching regimes, while the Texans remain flat.

TexansFanatic
10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
(Andre will be 31).

At the risk of painting a multimillionaire as a victim-----that poor muther. What a freaking drag it must be to have best ever kind of talent and be stuck with an organization simply delighted to constantly trumpet the great expectations of next season.

Pantherstang84
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
At the risk of painting a multimillionaire as a victim-----that poor muther. What a freaking drag it must be to have best ever kind of talent and be stuck with an organization simply delighted to constantly trumpet the great expectations of next season.

You know if AJ demanded a trade after this season, I would not get butt hurt over it. As a matter of fact, I would support it. This franchise is stuck on luke warm. Andre deserves better.

DX-TEX
10-16-2011, 10:10 PM
You know if AJ demanded a trade after this season, I would not get butt hurt over it. As a matter of fact, I would support it. This franchise is stuck on luke warm. Andre deserves better.

I say: trade him. I want to see what he could do with a QB like Brady, Brees or Manning.

Hookem Horns
10-16-2011, 10:11 PM
It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone. The threads are almost identical, as they teeter and totter their way to a mediocre, sub .500 record yet again.

I think you might have meant the Groundhog Day movie and if so that is an excellent analogy.

EllisUnit
10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I say: trade him. I want to see what he could do with a QB like Brady, Brees or Manning.

oh lord here we go with the trade AJ so he can go to a contender talk again, does it ever end ??? I mean anyone who would actually be happy to see AJ go to another team is not a fan of the TEXANS........

Pantherstang84
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
oh lord here we go with the trade AJ so he can go to a contender talk again, does it ever end ??? I mean anyone who would actually be happy to see AJ go to another team is not a fan of the TEXANS........

So the fan police has arrived? Andre Johnson deserves better than he is getting from this franchise. Forgive me if I don't ask you to grade my degree of fan hood since we don't even know each other.

EllisUnit
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
So the fan police has arrived? Andre Johnson deserves better than he is getting from this franchise. Forgive me if I don't ask you to grade my degree of fan hood since we don't even know each other.

i said if he was to actually get traded and people were to be happy. I am not questioning anyones fan hood. The fact of the matter is he said he wants to retire a texan, and he has shown no interest in leaving. i personally will be happy to see him remain and retire a texan.

bckey
10-17-2011, 02:24 AM

And Kubiak as HC.

Corrosion
10-17-2011, 02:29 AM

While I was watching todays game , I couldnt help but think that the issues with the teams running game are tied to AJ not being on the field .... Same thing as last week.

He really does mean THAT MUCH to the Texans offense .... He's the difference between the RB's averaging 5+YPC or what we've seen the past two weeks of about 3.8YPC.

When the running game works .... everything else works off of it. The Raiders and Ravens were able to control the Texans ground game by cheating their safeties up .... since they dont have to double #80.

#80 cant get back on the field fast enough ....

OD was the only TE to catch a pass - two receptions for 13 yards. I dont have an accurate number for targets.

TEXANRED
10-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Being honest is watching the 4th quarter and seeing that our players on both sides of the ball gave up.

I think the environment of this team is we lose on the road and we lose in the 4th quarter. It's like they expected it to happen and it did.

thunderkyss
10-17-2011, 07:08 AM
I heard Charlie Pallilo the other day saying Kubiak took the 6-10 team he fielded in 2006 and, four years later, turned them into.......a 6-10 team.
Is that so bad?

I'm about to spew some koolaide here, so watch out.

It's all cyclical. Look at the Colts, they win 10 games one year, 13, 12, then 10... or something like that. They've got their ceiling, & we've had ours. It sucks that it's been 9 games so far. But we went 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7... it would have been nice to continue to improve, but not unheard of that we regressed a little bit. We were a ****ty franchise when Kubiak got here, and now we're a slightly less ****ty franchise.

Improvement.

As bad as our talent was in 2006, I didn't think it was a 6-10 team any more than I thought the 2005 team was a 2-14 team. A better head coach, focused on winning, we could have won 8 or 9 games that year, but we didn't.

2007, 8-8 was probably as good as that team was going to do.

2008, 8-8, we left some wins out there, I think we under achieved. Sure there were some games we should have lost, but that's what coaches do, they win those close games..

2009, 9-7... that team should have won 10 or 11 games. We should have been in the play-offs.

2010, we played scared on defense & it showed.

Definitely coaching has been holding us back the last three years. Coaching sticking it to us again this year. But what are you going to do?

Good teams win between 10 & 14 games a year, we aren't there any more than Schaub isn't elite, any more than we don't have the best OL in the league, any more than we don't have a top 10 defense or an elite offense.

hopefully we're an 8-12 win team, we'll see.

That's Kubiak. Even Steven.

I like that though, I think I'll call him Even Steven from here on out.

Texan_Bill
10-17-2011, 07:13 AM

We will be fine.

No sir..... We suck. The end of the Earth is near. Gary Kubiak is the worst. Wait check that Matt Schaub is the worst.

:gun:

Blake
10-17-2011, 07:40 AM

We will be fine.

The problem is not the offense. The problem is the defense. In our 3 wins we gave up an average of 17 points. In our 3 losses we gave up an average of 31.3 points.

Honoring Earl 34
10-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Bob ... Bud hear ... I just called to let you know you're headed in the right direction and we don't believe we have a snowball's chance in hell come sunday ... click ... hee hee . :vincepalm:

MojoMan
10-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Let's be honest.

1. People get hysterical here on this board after every Texans loss, without exception. And of course we have seen a number of examples of that here in this very thread.

2. The Texans were 6-10 last season and most people believe that 10-6 is a reasonable goal for this year. The Texans have just finished the hardest 4-game stretch on their schedule that they will have this season. This last four games were a gauntlet. Unfortunately, they went 1-3. However, the only game that they lost that they reasonably should have won was the home loss against the Oakland Raiders last week. They should have gone 2-2.

3. Without Andre Johnson, this team is mediocre. With him it is better than mediocre, but not great, only good. The defense has played surprisingly well, certainly exceeding the expectations that any reasonable person had last summer before training camp.

4. The schedule will be easier over the rest of the season after this brutal four game stretch. An improvement to 10-6, a division championship and the team's first playoff appearance would all be great news and something to for fans to feel good about. Any "fans" caught whining in that circumstance just have bad attitudes.

5. The Texans current record of 3-3 with 10 games left to play is hardly a disaster. The Texans now travel to Tennessee for a big game against the Titans. If they win that one, they are right back on track.

Honoring Earl 34
10-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Let's be honest.

1. People get hysterical here on this board after every Texans loss, without exception. And of course we have seen a number of examples of that here in this very thread.

2. The Texans were 6-10 last season and most people believe that 10-6 is a reasonable goal for this year. The Texans have just finished the hardest 4-game stretch on their schedule that they will have this season. This last four games was a gauntlet. Unfortunately, they went 1-3. However, the only game that they lost that they reasonably should have won was the home loss against the Oakland Raiders last week. They should have gone 2-2.

3. Without Andre Johnson, this team is mediocre. With him it is better than mediocre, but not great, only good. The defense has played surprisingly well, certainly exceeding the expectations that any reasonable person had last summer before training camp.

4. The schedule will be easier over the rest of the season after this brutal four game stretch. An improvement to 10-6, a division championship and the team's first playoff appearance will all be great news and something to for fans to feel good about. Any "fans" caught whining in that circumstance just have bad attitudes.

5. The Texans current record of 3-3 with 10 games left to play is hardly a disaster. The Texans now travel to Tennessee for a big game against the Titans. If they win that one, they are right back on track.

I think it's more than that because the brass is in a CYA state . Making excuses for Jacoby , bringing Holliday back plus Kareem starting . All draft picks ... hmmm . The FO is feelijng the heat because even though the defense is better the Texans still lose games they can win .

Vinny
10-17-2011, 08:58 AM
I think it's more than that because the brass is in a CYA state . Making excuses for Jacoby , bringing Holliday back plus Kareem starting . All draft picks ... hmmm . The FO is feelijng the heat because even though the defense is better the Texans still lose games they can win .yeah, what's with bringing Holliday back, cutting a player...then making him inactive?

thunderkyss
10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
The problem is not the offense. The problem is the defense. In our 3 wins we gave up an average of 17 points. In our 3 losses we gave up an average of 31.3 points.

When we played New Orleans, we knew that we weren't going to win that game if we settled for field goals.

Teams should be saying the same about us. They scored on 4 field goals... usually considered a win for the defense.

offensively, we have trouble staying on the field. Elite defense & all that, but I'm talking about first downs, just getting into field goal range, we couldn't cross mid field.

Honoring Earl 34
10-17-2011, 09:10 AM
yeah, what's with bringing Holliday back, cutting a player...then making him inactive?

The Titans were gonna pick him up I guess . The funny thing is last year we were saying the Texans offense is there and the defense needs 5 more players . This year it's the defense is almost there and the offense needs some help . Over the offseason coaches scheme to stop you . You better have a plan B , C , or D .

Why in the hell did Schaub call two timeouts ? This tells me he is having trouble with the play or doesn't believe in it .

steelbtexan
10-17-2011, 09:27 AM
The Titans were gonna pick him up I guess . The funny thing is last year we were saying the Texans offense is there and the defense needs 5 more players . This year it's the defense is almost there and the offense needs some help . Over the offseason coaches scheme to stop you . You better have a plan B , C , or D .

Why in the hell did Schaub call two timeouts ? This tells me he is having trouble with the play or doesn't believe in it .

Yes good HC's use the offseason to scheme to stop you.

Schaub has to use time outs because Gary limits when/what plays he can audible into. Either that or Gary/Dennison aren't getting the plays into Schaub quickly enough.

The Cush
10-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Yes good HC's use the offseason to scheme to stop you.

Schaub has to use time outs because Gary limits when/what plays he can audible into. Either that or Gary/Dennison aren't getting the plays into Schaub quickly enough.

Using timeouts in the 4th is inexcusable but after the 2nd called timeout, you could see about 3 Texans talking to Mason because he wasn't lined up right. That's more on Gary putting a guy you just aquired out there in crucial situations and trusting he knows the play

HOU-TEX
10-17-2011, 10:20 AM
What do the *'s mean?

BigBull17
10-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Using timeouts in the 4th is inexcusable but after the 2nd called timeout, you could see about 3 Texans talking to Mason because he wasn't lined up right. That's more on Gary putting a guy you just aquired out there in crucial situations and trusting he knows the play

Or being forced to use a guy because he had to upgrade on the fly because they refused to upgrade when they had a chance. So, while DA was wasting a roster spot, a guy could have possibly been learning. Maybe.

Showtime100
10-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Fire f'ing Kubes. If you don't get that you are stupid.......period.

run-david-run
10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
We will win the south but a game like this does not give me any confidence once we are in the playoffs.

You say that, but we just went into Baltimore without our 2 best players and gave the Ravens all they wanted for 3 and a half quarters. We held Rice completely in check, but just ran out of steam on offense when we had to play from behind. With AJ out there, we have a much better chance of getting the run game going and we have a legitimate deep threat on passing downs, our two main problems on offense.

Based on yesterday, do the Ravens scare you? Because they sure as hell scare me less now than they did at 2:59 pm on Sunday.

Vinny
10-17-2011, 02:21 PM
You say that, but we just went into Baltimore without our 2 best players and gave the Ravens all they wanted for 3 and a half quarters. We held Rice completely in check, but just ran out of steam on offense when we had to play from behind. With AJ out there, we have a much better chance of getting the run game going and we have a legitimate deep threat on passing downs, our two main problems on offense.
all these excuses are nauseating. The Ratbirds were missing Ben Grubbs Tom Zbikowski, Lee Evans, Chris Carr, and Jimmy Smith....all starters or key reserves (nick back etc.). How do you keep Ray Rice in check but still give up over 100 yards rushing? The Ratbirds replaced Evans with their version of Jacoby Jones as their deep threat but that didn't stop them either.

EllisUnit
10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
hell the colts are only 0-6 , so obviously that has NOTHING to do with peyton being out, right ?

Corrosion
10-18-2011, 01:25 AM
all these excuses are nauseating. The Ratbirds were missing Ben Grubbs Tom Zbikowski, Lee Evans, Chris Carr, and Jimmy Smith....all starters or key reserves (nick back etc.). How do you keep Ray Rice in check but still give up over 100 yards rushing? The Ratbirds replaced Evans with their version of Jacoby Jones as their deep threat but that didn't stop them either.

Every team has injuries .... Some of those have a bigger effect than others.

None of those guy's listed as out for the Ravens comes close to bringing what #80 brings to the Texans offense .... Imagine that team without Rice who their entire offense is built around ..... Much like the Texans offense is built around AJ.

Hell , I'd rather see Schaub out than #80 to be totally honest. Schaub or Leinart ..... both can manage the game but neither can dictate what defenses do. #80 does ....
Just look at how hard its been for the Texans to run the ball the past two weeks ..... and consider how bad the Raiders were at stopping the run prior to that game , that was what most were banking on the Texans exploiting ..... No AJ = running game ineffective.

Bulluck53
10-18-2011, 01:34 AM
This won't be taken well considering who's saying it but in my honest opinion the Texans wouldn't win this division if Britt were healthy. He opened up so many options for the Titans and they have certainly struggled against some lesser defenses without him. That's not to say Britt is some world beater, but that Houston is just missing certain pieces. Even with AJ there is something wrong there.

With the injuries in this division and the Garrard move opening week there is absolutely no excuse for Kubiak not to deliver a division title. Even if Hou were to squeak in the playoffs as a wildcard I think its grounds for a Kubiak firing. Way too much talent for the performance.

Vinny
10-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Every team has injuries .... Some of those have a bigger effect than others.

None of those guy's listed as out for the Ravens comes close to bringing what #80 brings to the Texans offense .... Imagine that team without Rice who their entire offense is built around ..... Much like the Texans offense is built around AJ.

Hell , I'd rather see Schaub out than #80 to be totally honest. Schaub or Leinart ..... both can manage the game but neither can dictate what defenses do. #80 does ....
Just look at how hard its been for the Texans to run the ball the past two weeks ..... and consider how bad the Raiders were at stopping the run prior to that game , that was what most were banking on the Texans exploiting ..... No AJ = running game ineffective. I guess the Bills should have thrown in the towel when Jim Kelly couldn't play against the Oilers? Frank Reich? Riiiiight...Bills have zero shot. AJ is a great player but come on, this is the NFL. One guy ain't gonna make a team great. AJ has been here a long time and this team has always been mediocre at best. The excuses just seem like weakness. I think players matter, but I also think that weak, soft teams look for these kinds of excuses...and apparently so do weak, soft fanbases (not speaking of anyone in particular).

Norg
10-18-2011, 02:40 AM
U know lookin back at the last 6 years im kinda seeing the reason why alot of people hate this regime its just 6 years of bad football IMO

IMO makin the playoffs is not enough this year its make it to the AFC champ game or bust IMO

thunderkyss
10-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Just look at how hard its been for the Texans to run the ball the past two weeks ..... and consider how bad the Raiders were at stopping the run prior to that game , that was what most were banking on the Texans exploiting ..... No AJ = running game ineffective.

How bad were the Texans at stopping the running game? But since the Raiders were missing Louis Murphy, we were able to key in on McFadden right?

They run the same ZBS we do, they understand the what & why our OL does what it does & how to counter it. It's the same reason our poor run defense was able to shut down two of the more prolific running games in the league, but struggled with the Saints, the Dolphins, & the Colts... the Colts!!

Both Oakland & Baltimore made adjustments that opened up their running games in the second half. We didn't.

thunderkyss
10-18-2011, 03:21 AM
I guess the Bills should have thrown in the towel when Jim Kelly couldn't play against the Oilers? Frank Reich? Riiiiight...Bills have zero shot. AJ is a great player but come on, this is the NFL. One guy ain't gonna make a team great. AJ has been here a long time and this team has always been mediocre at best. The excuses just seem like weakness. I think players matter, but I also think that weak, soft teams look for these kinds of excuses...and apparently so do weak, soft fanbases (not speaking of anyone in particular).

& if one guy makes the team, that says an awful lot about the coaches.

Look at Indy, without 18, that whole F.O. look like idiots, Pioli included.

(I typed idiots & it printed??)

thunderkyss
10-18-2011, 03:30 AM
U know lookin back at the last 6 years im kinda seeing the reason why alot of people hate this regime its just 6 years of bad football IMO

IMO makin the playoffs is not enough this year its make it to the AFC champ game or bust IMO

This is year 6, it's been 5 years, going on 6.

Corrosion
10-18-2011, 03:36 AM
& if one guy makes the team, that says an awful lot about the coaches.

Look at Indy, without 18, that whole F.O. look like idiots, Pioli included.

(I typed idiots & it printed??)

Plural .... You can type idiots .... just not id!0t

thunderkyss
10-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Plural .... You can type idiots .... just not idiot.
And yet you did..... clever.. very, very clever.

TexanBacker93
10-18-2011, 05:50 AM

I'm more concerned with it keeping Kubiak at coach. I think the team will make the playoffs and depending on the matchup win in the 1st round because we will host it. I can't see this team winning on the road, though. The defense is playing well enough to keep us in it, but it won't be enough.

There will be:

1) One big 3rd and extremely long that we won't get a stop on leading to a take back the lead score.

2) A 3 and out following a situation where we took the lead and got a 3 and out ourselves. Inevitably this 3 and out will have a run, run, bad pass playcalling sequence.

3) A questionable flag that keeps a drive alive for the opponent. Or a very stupid penalty that didn't affect the play.

4) A poor use of a timeout giving us one less down the stretch when we need it.

I want the team to make the playoffs. I just don't want the team to settle for that. Nobody else in the league worries about taking baby steps. Go for the whole enchilada.

mussop
10-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Let's be honest.

2. The Texans were 6-10 last season and most people believe that 10-6 is a reasonable goal for this year. The Texans have just finished the hardest 4-game stretch on their schedule that they will have this season. This last four games were a gauntlet. Unfortunately, they went 1-3. However, the only game that they lost that they reasonably should have won was the home loss against the Oakland Raiders last week. They should have gone 2-2.

4. The schedule will be easier over the rest of the season after this brutal four game stretch. An improvement to 10-6, a division championship and the team's first playoff appearance would all be great news and something to for fans to feel good about. Any "fans" caught whining in that circumstance just have bad attitudes.

1. 6 years of only beating crappy teams and loosing to good teams will do that to you.

2. yeh its Unfortunate. just bad luck huh?

3. So after six years you only consider us a not great, only good and we should be happy with this?

5. And if we loose? Would that just be "unfortunate"? Then with this "easier" schedule we would have to go 7 and 2 to reach the 10 and 6 mark you have set for us to reach the playoffs. Do you really think this team can pull that off?

MojoMan
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
1. 6 years of only beating crappy teams and loosing to good teams will do that to you.

2. yeh its Unfortunate. just bad luck huh?

3. So after six years you only consider us a not great, only good and we should be happy with this?

5. And if we loose? Would that just be "unfortunate"? Then with this "easier" schedule we would have to go 7 and 2 to reach the 10 and 6 mark you have set for us to reach the playoffs. Do you really think this team can pull that off?

1. The Texans are not going to win all of their games. The game against Baltimore is one they were likely to lose, and they did. The Ravens are a better team than the Texans, especially without Andre Johnson.

2. Don't get me wrong, I am disappointed the Texans lost last Sunday. And I am disappointed they are 3-3 right now when they should be 4-2. But I am not hysterical about it. They lost one game they should not have, against the Oakland Raiders. They can recover from that. And I will be eagerly looking forward to watching them do so.

3. It is my sense that the Texans are poised to have a good year this year and probably will make the playoffs. Mario Williams being lost for the year is a big loss, and Andre Johnson being gone for the last two games (Both losses) is an even bigger loss. If Andre was healthy the last two games, the Texans almost certainly beat the Raiders, and might have won the game against the Ravens as well. So, yes, I think it is unfortunate.

5. The game against Tennessee is huge for a whole host of reasons. It is 1) against a division opponent, 2) on the road, 3) who is currently in first place in the division, and 4) it is a rivalry game against the former Houston Oilers. For the Texans to make the playoffs this year, the easiest way will be for them to win their division. If they win this game, they will be in first place in the South. If they lose, they will be in second place 1.5 games behind the Titans. That will be a tough spot - albeit one that can still be overcome.

If you want to get hysterical about the Titans game, let's at least wait for the game to be played first. What do you say? There is really no point in becoming hysterical about something that has not even happened yet. Personally, I believe the Texans will beat the Titans on Sunday.

drunkcookie
10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Almost is the theme..

I'm not freaking out just yet, but i am almost freaking out at the thought of how close i am to freaking out...

It is almost amazing how big of a difference having AJ on the bench is for this running game/offense in a whole.. the only good thing i've seen come out of it was that JJ was left with reed going deep, and i'll take that almost every time...

As a matter of fact, until AJ returns we need to run that play-action boot almost every other play... I'm almost serious...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Honoring Earl 34
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
1. The Texans are not going to win all of their games. The game against Baltimore is one they were likely to lose, and they did. The Ravens are a better team than the Texans, especially without Andre Johnson.

2. Don't get me wrong, I am disappointed the Texans lost last Sunday. And I am disappointed they are 3-3 right now when they should be 4-2. But I am not hysterical about it. They lost one game they should not have, against the Oakland Raiders. They can recover from that. And I will be eagerly looking forward to watching them do so.

3. It is my sense that the Texans are poised to have a good year this year and probably will make the playoffs. Mario Williams being lost for the year is a big loss, and Andre Johnson being gone for the last two games (Both losses) is an even bigger loss. If Andre was healthy the last two games, the Texans almost certainly beat the Raiders, and might have won the game against the Ravens as well. So, yes, I think it is unfortunate.

5. The game against Tennessee is huge for a whole host of reasons. It is 1) against a division opponent, 2) on the road, 3) who is currently in first place in the division, and 4) it is a rivalry game against the former Houston Oilers. For the Texans to make the playoffs this year, the easiest way will be for them to win their division. If they win this game, they will be in first place in the South. If they lose, they will be in second place 1.5 games behind the Titans. That will be a tough spot - albeit one that can still be overcome.

If you want to get hysterical about the Titans game, let's at least wait for the game to be played first. What do you say? There is really no point in becoming hysterical about something that has not even happened yet. Personally, I believe the Texans will beat the Titans on Sunday.

It still walks like a duck , quacks like a duck . The big problem is if the Texans limp into the playoffs by beating bad teams Bob will keep things as they are . Matt has hit his ceiling and it's not high enough to function in the red zone and he's really lost without AJ . Gary is still Gary and the tease of Wade making a big difference in the win column isn't happening .

MojoMan
10-18-2011, 09:41 AM
It still walks like a duck , quacks like a duck . The big problem is if the Texans limp into the playoffs by beating bad teams Bob will keep things as they are . Matt has hit his ceiling and it's not high enough to function in the red zone and he's really lost without AJ . Gary is still Gary and the tease of Wade making a big difference in the win column isn't happening .

I hope you are not suggesting that it would be better for the Texans to lose so that Bob McNair will clean house.

The Texans do not appear to be a legitimate contender for the Super Bowl this year. I would like to see the Texans win every game they play from now on, but of course that would be ridiculous to actually expect that.

The Texans went 6-10 last season and an improvement to 10-6 or 11-5 with the team's first playoff appearance and division title would be an excellent accomplishment for this season. Personally, I would count all of that as a giant step forward and as a very successful season for this team. And it would also put them in position for even better things over the next few years.

mussop
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
I hope you are not suggesting that it would be better for the Texans to lose so that Bob McNair will clean house.

The Texans do not appear to be a legitimate contender for the Super Bowl this year. I would like to see the Texans win every game they play from now on, but of course that would be ridiculous to actually expect that.

The Texans went 6-10 last season and an improvement to 10-6 or 11-5 with the team's first playoff appearance and division title would be an excellent accomplishment for this season. Personally, I would count all of that as a giant step forward and as a very successful season for this team. And it would also put them in position for even better things over the next few years.

7 and 3 or 8 and 2? Do you really think we are capable of doing that? :vincepalm: If there are more than 3 good teams on our schedule then that is a pipe dream.

MojoMan
10-18-2011, 10:48 AM
7 and 3 or 8 and 2? Do you really think we are capable of doing that? :vincepalm: If there are more than 3 good teams on our schedule then that is a pipe dream.

Let's watch the games and see. Shall we?

:D

ObsiWan
10-18-2011, 11:08 AM

Yep. I do.

Having said that, the truth is "being capable of" and "accomplishing" are two different things.
We'll all see if they can actually accomplish what they're capable of.

Vinny
10-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Yep. I do.

Having said that, the truth is "being capable of" and "accomplishing" are two different things.
We'll all see if they can actually accomplish what they're capable of.

based on what? The only time this team has finished strong was when we were out of the playoffs and teams were resting their players.

Honoring Earl 34
10-18-2011, 11:29 AM

I'm not suggesting anything other than they're still an average team in a weak division . When the Texans go this route I tend to pour out my koolaid and become more of an observer and less of a fan .

ObsiWan
10-18-2011, 11:51 AM
based on what? The only time this team has finished strong was when we were out of the playoffs and teams were resting their players.

Because they're MY TEAM.
I don't need another reason.

Vinny
10-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Because they're MY TEAM.
I don't need another reason.
ok, didn't know you weren't using logic. my bad.

ObsiWan
10-18-2011, 01:01 PM

Nope. Not a bit.

Think about it, to have an emotional attachment (and you do or you wouldn't care who's running what) to a business entity that does not provide me or my family with any financial gain or philosophical enrichment but, instead, is, a good deal of the time, pretty much a source of aggravation, is illogical by definition. No, it's beyond illogical it's plain stupid. If I were in a relationship that was this frustrating - damned near psychologically abusive - but yet I won't leave, I'd be diagnosed as co-dependent and be getting therapy.

We're all crazy.
Or we wouldn't be here.

Vinny
10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Nope. Not a bit.

Think about it, to have an emotional attachment (and you do or you wouldn't care who's running what) to a business entity that does not provide me or my family with any financial gain or philosophical enrichment but, instead, is, a good deal of the time, pretty much a source of aggravation, is illogical by definition. No, it's beyond illogical it's plain stupid. If I were in a relationship that was this frustrating - damned near psychologically abusive - but yet I won't leave, I'd be diagnosed as co-dependent and be getting therapy.

We're all crazy.
Or we wouldn't be here.
:Dyeah, but I like a little reality based logic mixed into my football talk. Where do you think you are anyway? Ht.com?

ObsiWan
10-18-2011, 01:35 PM

Okay, the real answer is, I think we're better than most of the teams on the remainder of our schedule. Past years be damned. Despite what happened last week, I think this is the best team we've ever had. Both talent wise and attitude wise. No one in that locker room is just here to pick up their check like teams we've had in the past.

We've gone toe-to-toe with the two of the best teams in the league and damn near won. Now I know pessimists don't believe in "moral victories". But I do believe in measuring yourself against the best. And when we went against the best this year we didn't embarrass ourselves as in years past.

If we can just figure out how to keep from tripping over our own feet, we can win and, dare I say, even make some hay in the playoffs.

See the AZ Cardinals or the NY Giants when they won 3 straight road games to get to the Super Bowl. So if we can get on a roll, build some team confidence - and shut down that damned "Same Old Texans" mantra. Maybe we can get somewhere.

The short answer is: We're better than we've ever, and I mean EVER, been.

So yeah, I think we can pull this off.

Vinny
10-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Okay, the real answer is, I think we're better than most of the teams on the remainder of our schedule. Past years be damned. Despite what happened last week, I think this is the best team we've ever had. Both talent wise and attitude wise. No one in that locker room is just here to pick up their check like teams we've had in the past.

If we can just figure out how to keep from tripping over our own feet, we can win and, dare I say, even make some hay in the playoffs.

See the AZ Cardinals or the NY Giants when they won 3 straight road games to get to the Super Bowl. So if we can get on a roll, build some team confidence - and shut down that damned "Same Old Texans" mantra. Maybe we can get somewhere.

The short answer is: We're better than we've ever, and I mean EVER, been.
ok, I like that answer and I agree that this SHOULD be a better team than most of the remaining opponents.

ObsiWan
10-18-2011, 01:39 PM
ok, I like that answer and I agree that this SHOULD be a better team than most of the remaining opponents.

yean, but you have to admit there's some truth in the other answer too

DexmanC
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
The Texans have proven not to be competitive (win,) consistently against
playoff teams BECAUSE of Kubiak, now we're reduced to hoping they can
succeed IN SPITE of Kubiak?

Why is team being forced to carry its albatross of a leader? Why does Bob hate his
players so much?

mussop
10-18-2011, 04:10 PM

Why is team being forced to carry its albatross of a leader? Why does Bob hate his
players so much?

Poor Andre!

thunderkyss
10-18-2011, 04:11 PM

& that was the source of my sunshine until we lost to the Raiders at home. Now I question if it even matters if we are the better team. Unless the other team is flat out disfunctional, how good are our chances?

& It's not just that we lost to the Raiders, but I think we stunk it up
in the second half of that game across the board offensively. & that is unacceptable.

The Titans are a better team than the Raiders & we're playing them on the road after losing 3 of the last 4.

Man if it don't feel like we've been here before.

Corrosion
10-18-2011, 05:27 PM

players so much?

I think the albatross is the players.

A coaches job is to give his team a chance to win , to put the players in position to make plays.

Routinely the players have failed to come thru when given the opportunity to do so.

Double Barrel
10-18-2011, 05:56 PM
& that was the source of my sunshine until we lost to the Raiders at home. Now I question if it even matters if we are the better team. Unless the other team is flat out disfunctional, how good are our chances?

& It's not just that we lost to the Raiders, but I think we stunk it up
in the second half of that game across the board offensively. & that is unacceptable.

The Titans are a better team than the Raiders & we're playing them on the road after losing 3 of the last 4.

Man if it don't feel like we've been here before.

Well there you go blocking my sunshine with your rain cloud! http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/seasons-smileys/umbrella.gif

I think the albatross is the players.

A coaches job is to give his team a chance to win , to put the players in position to make plays.

Routinely the players have failed to come thru when given the opportunity to do so.

It's a symbiotic relationship, to be sure. Plays are designed to be successful, and to that end, players have to execute them.

However, there are always counter plays to each play, so then it's up to the coaching staff to game plan prior to kickoff and then adjust to circumstances after kickoff.

But, in the end, it still comes down to the ultimate responsibility is on the coaches. After all, who picked the players?

Corrosion
10-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Well there you go blocking my sunshine with your rain cloud! http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/seasons-smileys/umbrella.gif

It's a symbiotic relationship, to be sure. Plays are designed to be successful, and to that end, players have to execute them.

However, there are always counter plays to each play, so then it's up to the coaching staff to game plan prior to kickoff and then adjust to circumstances after kickoff.

But, in the end, it still comes down to the ultimate responsibility is on the coaches. After all, who picked the players?

How many times this season have we seen players drop gimmies .... Foster dropped two this past Sunday , Vickers another against the Raiders. Rackers misses a FG that he usually makes ... which would have allowed them to win that game with a FG ....
How many times have we seen Schaub make a piss poor throw not giving his reciever a chance to make a play ? or a poor throw to a reciever who had beaten coverage ... ?

To the bold - GM Rick Smith (Yeah , I know Kubiak picked him ....) has a whole lot of input on player aquisition .... Coaches say "Im looking for these qualities in a given position" .... The GM is tasked with finding players who best fit the description.

DexmanC
10-18-2011, 09:07 PM
How many times this season have we seen players drop gimmies .... Foster dropped two this past Sunday , Vickers another against the Raiders. Rackers misses a FG that he usually makes ... which would have allowed them to win that game with a FG ....
How many times have we seen Schaub make a piss poor throw not giving his reciever a chance to make a play ? or a poor throw to a reciever who had beaten coverage ... ?

To the bold - GM Rick Smith (Yeah , I know Kubiak picked him ....) has a whole lot of input on player aquisition .... Coaches say "Im looking for these qualities in a given position" .... The GM is tasked with finding players who best fit the description.

The 49ers have the same players that choked their way out of a division title last
year. The new coach is able to keep those same players focused enough to beat
a 5-0 football team on the road on their way to a 5-1 start on the season.

Dropped balls, running wrong routes, and a myriad of other mental mistakes
point to lack of focus. That lies with coaching, and I'm continually reading
illogical posts clamoring for a team to be successful IN SPITE of its HEAD COACH.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, The evolution of the Texans wholly
depends on the EVOLUTION OF GARY KUBIAK as a HEAD COACH. We've seen
ZERO MOVEMENT in this regard in six seasons.

Corrosion
10-19-2011, 12:37 AM
:polevault:
illogical posts clamoring for a team to be successful IN SPITE of its HEAD COACH.

To the bold - Is a failure on the part of the players .

The coach dont throw the ball .... dont catch the ball and dont kick the damn thing either.

The coach designs a game plan and selects plays based upon the situation at hand.

Ask Vickers if he blames Gary for droppin the damn game winner Vs the Raiders ?

Ask Schaub if he blames Gary for throwing a pick on the final play .... rather than going thru the first two reads quickly and throwing the damn thing away to get another play before time expires .....
Ask him if he credits Gary for drawing up the plays that got them in position to score .... despite their repeated attempts to throw it away .... a blown snap by Schaub , penalty , Schaub taking a sack .... The fact that they even had a chance after that cluster**** is amazing.

Ask Rackers if he blames Gary for missing a FG ....

The Ravens game ..... they got beat on the road by a better team. I expeted it as did most. Everyone's pissed off about the Raiders game .... a game they should have won .... if a guy makes a freakin play.

Everyone always looking for a scapegoat instead of taking responsibility for their actions ..... No wonder this country is in the state its in , same **** coming from the same people .... Lookin for an excuse to blame someone else.

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit

Hey Jacoby , catch the danm ball that hits you in the hands in the endzone and we dont go to OT in Baltimore last season ......

Bleh , I blame Barack Obama .....

El Tejano
10-19-2011, 07:26 AM
I'm curious as to why everyone would be mad if we backed into the playoffs. Two years ago, I would say the Jets backed into the playoffs because they beat a Cincinatti Bengals team that laid down for them and the Jets ended up going to the AFC Championship.

I'm not saying we would do the same but stranger things have happened - Like Arizona catching fire and going to the SuperBowl.

thunderkyss
10-19-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm curious as to why everyone would be mad if we backed into the playoffs. Two years ago, I would say the Jets backed into the playoffs because they beat a Cincinatti Bengals team that laid down for them and the Jets ended up going to the AFC Championship.

I'm not saying we would do the same but stranger things have happened - Like Arizona catching fire and going to the SuperBowl.

Backing into the play-offs & getting to the AFC Championship game is one thing. No one would be upset with that.

But the way we are perceiving our team playing, it looks like they'll be one & done, losing that first play-off game at home. & that ain't good. You'll have a team playing badly sneaking into the play-offs, playing badly in the play-offs & a 10 year extension of the Gary Kubiak show.

Yankee_In_TX
10-19-2011, 07:45 AM

I heard someone say last week a big problem is that Kubiak is SO into his schemes and systems that we forget to teach/train our players to improvise if the play is not there after the ball is snapped. That when a play breaks down everything falls apart (usually) - and, well, how often can we predict Kubiak's play calling?

Don't know how valid that thought is, but it made a lot of sense.

HJam72
10-19-2011, 07:59 AM
I heard someone say last week a big problem is that Kubiak is SO into his schemes and systems that we forget to teach/train our players to improvise if the play is not there after the ball is snapped. That when a play breaks down everything falls apart (usually) - and, well, how often can we predict Kubiak's play calling?

Don't know how valid that thought it, but it made a lot of sense.

It also sounds like the reason why the ball is snapped, 3 seconds go by, and Schaub throws the ball in the dirt. I know you limit sacks and turnovers that way, but he's not ONLY supposed to be there just to go 3 and out and save the ball for the all-important punt.

DexmanC
10-19-2011, 10:14 AM
:polevault:

To the bold - Is a failure on the part of the players .

The coach dont throw the ball .... dont catch the ball and dont kick the damn thing either.

The coach designs a game plan and selects plays based upon the situation at hand.

Ask Vickers if he blames Gary for droppin the damn game winner Vs the Raiders ?

Ask Schaub if he blames Gary for throwing a pick on the final play .... rather than going thru the first two reads quickly and throwing the damn thing away to get another play before time expires .....
Ask him if he credits Gary for drawing up the plays that got them in position to score .... despite their repeated attempts to throw it away .... a blown snap by Schaub , penalty , Schaub taking a sack .... The fact that they even had a chance after that cluster**** is amazing.

Ask Rackers if he blames Gary for missing a FG ....

The Ravens game ..... they got beat on the road by a better team. I expeted it as did most. Everyone's pissed off about the Raiders game .... a game they should have won .... if a guy makes a freakin play.

Everyone always looking for a scapegoat instead of taking responsibility for their actions ..... No wonder this country is in the state its in , same **** coming from the same people .... Lookin for an excuse to blame someone else.

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit

Hey Jacoby , catch the danm ball that hits you in the hands in the endzone and we dont go to OT in Baltimore last season ......

Bleh , I blame Barack Obama .....

Hmmm.... So the head coach has a very minimal impact on how his
team consistently plays week in, week out, year in, year out. The
head coach does not set the culture conducive to winning. Belichick,
Dungy, Payton, Parcells, and the like are just purely overrated. They
just got lucky enough to get good players.

.....got it.

Double Barrel
10-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Vickers another against the Raiders.

Good points, and it's definitely a mixture of players and coaches.

Using Vickers as an example: yeah, he dropped the ball. But my take? He shouldn't even be a Texan. They should have resigned Leach and let Jacoby go.

See, it all goes back to coaches and front office decisions. They pick these players and then must coach them up and hold them accountable. I'm not sure how much of that is going on with this team sometimes.

Corrosion
10-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Good points, and it's definitely a mixture of players and coaches.

Using Vickers as an example: yeah, he dropped the ball. But my take? He shouldn't even be a Texan. They should have resigned Leach and let Jacoby go.

See, it all goes back to coaches and front office decisions. They pick these players and then must coach them up and hold them accountable. I'm not sure how much of that is going on with this team sometimes.

In hindsight , I dont think letting Leach walk was the wrong move. They arguably found a more productive player in Casey .... Vickers is a backup , Casey is injured ....

I do think keeping Jacoby Jones was a mistake but a minor one that is exaggerated due to the loss of #80. He wouldnt be targeted 11 times in a month much less a single game if AJ doesnt get hurt.

What we are talking about here is backups at both positions .....

Casey has been a game changer at FB of all positions. Hard o call letting Leach go a mistake when you look at the production .... and I seriously doubt that Leach makes a difference in the running game while teams are stacking the box because they dont respect Jones.

Take for instance the TD Jones caught against the Ravens - they single covered him with Reed .... while four defenders were responsible for OD. Thats a defense giving no respect to Jones.

Do we really expect Jacoby Jones .... or anyone else for that matter to step in and replace what one of the best WR's in the history of the NFL brings?

That affects the game in a lot of ways , defenses being allowed to stack the box against the running game and a lot of exotic blitzes in the pass game when they can cover a WR with a Safety ....

Consider that Kubiaks play calling and design put them in position to win that Raiders game ..... Without the two players who create the most havoc and mismatches for a defense in Casey and AJ.

I wont argue much about the Ravens game ..... I think the better team won on its home field. But they had a chance in that game too .... Someone just has to make a damn play.

Vinny
10-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Do we really expect Jacoby Jones .... or anyone else for that matter to step in and replace what one of the best WR's in the history of the NFL brings?

How does any team in the league win without Andre Johnson? How many division titles do the Texans have since 2003? How many wild card appearances? How many winning seasons? Sure, he is a great player, but come on. He's not the guy taking us to all those multiple winning seasons and he (alone) ain't the guy making us a loser all of a sudden either. It takes a good organization to win.

Corrosion
10-19-2011, 06:56 PM
How does any team in the league win without Andre Johnson? How many division titles do the Texans have since 2003? How many wild card appearances? How many winning seasons? Sure, he is a great player, but come on. He's not the guy taking us to all those multiple winning seasons and he (alone) ain't the guy making us a loser all of a sudden either. It takes a good organization to win.

The teams that do win or have great offenses tend to have a player "Like" AJ .... maybe at a different position but someone who has to be accounted for and schemed to stop.

Take Calvin Johnson away from Detriot and they look a whole lot different.

Take Aaron Rodgers away from the GB offense .....

Or Peyton out of the Dolts lineup .... 0-fer.

The Vikings without AP.

Imagine Baltimore without Ray Rice .... who their entire offense is built around.

drunkcookie
10-19-2011, 08:00 PM
The teams that do win or have great offenses tend to have a player "Like" AJ .... maybe at a different position but someone who has to be accounted for and schemed to stop.

The Vikings without AP.

Imagine Baltimore without Ray Rice .... who their entire offense is built around.

word! mostly anyway... I still think a better #2 than Jacoby would help... but Jacoby's boot TD against Baltimore may help in removing a man out of that box more often... we can only hope anyway...

Texan_Bill
10-19-2011, 08:08 PM
word! mostly anyway... I still think a better #2 than Jacoby would help... but Jacoby's boot TD against Baltimore may help in removing a man out of that box more often... we can only hope anyway...

WORD!! *and we have twos studs that need each other - AJ (of course and A Foster) to thrive*

AND except that we have a #2.. That would Owen Daniels, we have a #3... that would be AF out of the bckfield. We also just scored Derrick Mason (no great shakes) but wouldn't you rather have DM as an option over Jacoby?

AJ, will be back. AND it would come during a 6-9 to 8-2 run over the next 10 games.

*EDIT*

AND BTW, the above doesn't include recovering James Casey who at some point will give us waaaay more options than Vonta (and I love Vonta Leach)!!!

gafftop
10-19-2011, 08:58 PM
The 49ers have the same players that choked their way out of a division title last
year. The new coach is able to keep those same players focused enough to beat
a 5-0 football team on the road on their way to a 5-1 start on the season.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, The evolution of the Texans wholly
depends on the EVOLUTION OF GARY KUBIAK as a HEAD COACH. We've seen
ZERO MOVEMENT in this regard in six seasons.

Last paragraph says it all. Gary lives in his little Bronco world. If not forced we would not have Wade we would have one of his other buddies. I think he is a good man but as a HC he is lacking and does not learn with more experience. Reminds me of Schaub in that area. Loyal to his players and his draft choices to a fault. This is HIS team and he will live and die with them. In the mean time the fans suffer. Would be gone by now if he wasn't such a good person.

This is the best chance we have had to make playoffs but I see us falling short again. I do not see kubiak changing. 1 win vs 20 losses on the road against winning teams says it all.

Honoring Earl 34
10-19-2011, 09:02 PM

The Vikings without AP.

Your main cog should be the QB . Didn't the Lions go 0fer with Johnson and the Vikes stink with AP ?

The Patriots and Packers will not slump the way Brady and Rogers play unless they get hurt .

Vinny
10-19-2011, 10:29 PM

Take Calvin Johnson away from Detriot and they look a whole lot different. They spent a 2 on Titus Young...the Texans have minimal investment past the wr1.

Take Aaron Rodgers away from the GB offense ..... I bet they still win games vs good teams still. their all around team is just too good

Or Peyton out of the Dolts lineup .... 0-fer. Add Peyton now and they are a mediocre team. They have a ton of issues other than offense.

The Vikings without AP. He's a hell of a player, but they aren't winning with him right now anyway pards

Imagine Baltimore without Ray Rice .... who their entire offense is built around. This is the easiest one. When Rice was injured in the past the Ratbirds played well and still ran the ball well with McGahee.

my answers in bold. The injury excuse is just what it is...an excuse. Sure, AJ makes this team better, but if it is all on him or this team is no better than mediocre without him and cannot beat good teams ever...then this team just isn't a good team period.

Shaft75
10-19-2011, 10:58 PM
my answers in bold. The injury excuse is just what it is...an excuse. Sure, AJ makes this team better, but if it is all on him or this team is no better than mediocre without him and cannot beat good teams ever...then this team just isn't a good team period.

I whole heartedly agree with this...

All you have to do is look at the champs from last year. They stepped it up when they had to, and without some of their starters.

We need the d to stay on track, and more importantly, we need to find our running game. If Kubes wants to manage games, we need our OL, Arian, Ben, and Ward to step it up late in games.

Corrosion
10-20-2011, 06:14 AM

Its not all on him ..... But it is on him to be on the field. He could do nothing an entire game and he still changes the way teams play defense against the Texans.

They spent a 2 on Titus Young...the Texans have minimal investment past the wr1.

Yep .... they did. But he's not going to dictate how teams defend them.

As for the Texans .... They have a pretty good #2 in Walter. Its the drop off after that that is hurting them now.

Texan_Bill
10-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Meh... Andre is a HUGE part of this offense, but then again so is Arian Foster, but then again so is the O-Line. The fact is that any team would struggle without an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson or Larry FP. That said, if Jacoby Jones could ever live up to his (nevermind ridiculous contract) potential, this offense wouldn't struggle nearly as much without AJ. Re-signing JJ was a mistake. What has he done over the last 4 or 5 years to suggest that he has matured or where we think "the light turned on"??

drunkcookie
10-20-2011, 08:22 AM

Really it's not an excuse as much as it's a reason... We're not talking about excusing anyone here, we're talking about what's wrong with a struggling offense that we know is capable of better production...

Personally i'm tired of excuses also, and though i see the lack of Andre and James Casey as a problem for our offense (earlier the RB situation w/Foster etc...), it can't be an excuse for K&S when it's decision time on those two... But we're only six games in and far from being out of it, and even further from that decision point, so all of that crap is fodder for the end of the year...

if you want to talk about what's wrong with this offense right now, there are a couple of "reasons", and one is a very big one...

Texan_Bill
10-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Really it's not an excuse as much as it's a reason... We're not talking about excusing anyone here, we're talking about what's wrong with a struggling offense that we know is capable of better production...

Personally i'm tired of excuses also, and though i see the lack of Andre and James Casey as a problem for our offense (earlier the RB situation w/Foster etc...), it can't be an excuse for K&S when it's decision time on those two... But we're only six games in and far from being out of it, and even further from that decision point, so all of that crap is fodder for the end of the year...

if you want to talk about what's wrong with this offense right now, there are a couple of "reasons", and one is a very big one...

It's both a reason and an excuse. No offense would thrive after losing their biggest star and a another big piece of their offensive puzzle in James Casey. However, you pay other guys pretty well too, to make plays. I'm looking at you Jacoby Jones.

Honoring Earl 34
10-20-2011, 08:57 AM
It's both a reason and an excuse. No offense would thrive after losing their biggest star and a another big piece of their offensive puzzle in James Casey. However, you pay other guys pretty well too, to make plays. I'm looking at you Jacoby Jones.

IDK ... seems like Rick has been trying to keep draft picks ( overpaying them ) or play draft high picks to save his butt .

drunkcookie
10-20-2011, 09:00 AM

Absolutely! They're not getting it done (though i will give JJ props for his effort against Baltimore)...

The game against the Raiders was horrible... Schaub was off, JJ was off, the line could have done better etc... But i'm not going to be stubborn by dismissing the notion that the offense has a better chance to do better in that game if AJ's pulling an extra body or two out of that box and running better routes than anyone else on the field... And that having a weapon like Casey in the last half would have provided a better chance...

Either way, it is what it is... We're at 3-3 with a lot of football left to be played... It's time for people to step up...

Sent from my ryePhone 6G using Tapakeg

drunkcookie
10-20-2011, 09:16 AM
It's both a reason and an excuse.

I see you working there, but i may need to explain my angle here...

I'm coming from the angle of explaining why I haven't jumped off the ledge yet in regards to this offense... Some may see my comments as excuses for this offense, but they're not... I'm just giving my reasoning for why i'm going to hold on and keep some faith...

If some guys can step up and get it done against the Titurds and Jaguars without AJ and Casey, i'm confident this offense "can" be fine when those two get back...

Maybe my reasoning is stupid (i don't think so, but admit the possibility), but i'm not excusing anyone...

Sent from my ryePhone 6G using Popatop

DexmanC
10-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't care if Kubiak loses so many starters, he has to revive the
CBA (Canadian Basketball Association) just to sign players to the
famous "10-day contract."

No more excuses, results or íTe vas!

Corrosion
10-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't care if Kubiak loses so many starters, he has to revive the
CBA (Canadian Basketball Association) just to sign players to the
famous "10-day contract."

No more excuses, results or íTe vas!

And you see no problem with this thinking .....

There are plenty of reasons to hate on Kubiak .... use of time outs , clock management and challenges .... You dont have to fabricate **** .... he has his warts.

Play calling and game management "This season" is not one of the things you can fault him for. He's given the players he has available more than enough opportunity to suceed ....

Gary stated "We need a hero" to step up while AJ is out .... tell me , who's done that ?

thunderkyss
10-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Meh... Andre is a HUGE part of this offense, but then again so is Arian Foster, but then again so is the O-Line. The fact is that any team would struggle without an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson or Larry FP. That said, if Jacoby Jones could ever live up to his (nevermind ridiculous contract) potential, this offense wouldn't struggle nearly as much without AJ. Re-signing JJ was a mistake. What has he done over the last 4 or 5 years to suggest that he has matured or where we think "the light turned on"??

It's not like we signed JJ to a #2 WR contract. It's practically the minimum for his time in the league at his position. He's making less than comparable WRs.... Lance Moore, James Jones, Steve Breaston & he produces about the same.

thunderkyss
10-20-2011, 11:32 AM
And you see no problem with this thinking .....

Of course he doesn't. He wants Kubiak gone, period. No Arian for the first 3 games.... No Andre for the last two... no Mario for the last two.. No James Casey.

Never mind the fact that we had no OTAs, a shortened offseason.

I understand the demand for results. I understand there is no excuse for those two 3 & outs #Baltimore & the offensive funk in Oakland.

But, when it comes to measure of success for Kubiak, the bar is set at 16-0 regardless what he has to work through to get there.

Vinny
10-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Of course he doesn't. He wants Kubiak gone, period. No Arian for the first 3 games.... No Andre for the last two... no Mario for the last two.. No James Casey.

I understand the demand for results. I understand there is no excuse for those two 3 & outs #Baltimore & the offensive funk in Oakland.

But, when it comes to measure of success for Kubiak, the bar is set at 16-0 regardless what he has to work through to get there.
too bad we are the only team with injuries and working with a shortened season.

Corrosion
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM

Name one playoff team that has lost its best player on both sides of the ball in recent memory.

A lot is made of last years GB team who suffered a lot of injuries .... Who did they lose ? .... It wasnt Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews .... their best and most important players on each side of the ball.
Yeah , GB had a lot of games lost to injury ..... just not All Pro players lost.

As for the shortened offseason - I thought it would give teams with established staffs and rosters an advantage .... a quarter of the way thru the season , teams like the 49ers are making that look ..... like a bad assumption.

Second Honeymoon
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM

tkyss, you are losing credibility. just saying. that last sentence is just plain ridiculous.

face it, you have been wrong about stuff before and you are wrong about Kubiak. you are a (very) knowledgeable football fan that gets his vision clouded by koolaid and some false sense of allegiance to Kubiak.

the Texans have had one season ending injury (Mario) and we have been without Andre for 2 damn games. Yeah, it sucks but injuries are part of the game and only in this town do people use them as an excuse.

Kubiak is a losing head coach. That isn't an opinion. That is a fact. So don't act like people are looking for perfection or are unreasonable. We have been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond reasonable.

Kubiak re-signed Carr and cut him 10 months later. Fail.
Kubiak hired two of the worst defensive coordinators in history, with no track record of anything much less success. Then held on to them out of some warped sense of loyalty for 5 years. Fail.
Kubiak and his crony, Smith, have had some of the worst defensive draft picks in history and not just in the 1st Round. Fail.
Kubiak has never met a big game he couldn't lose. Fail.

TK, please get over the love affair with Kubiak. Kubiak has done a pretty good job with turning around the offense, but he has been an awful motivator, time manager, and a loser head coach.

Can we get a coach that is .500 at least? How are we setting the bar too high when the guy can't even reach .500? And I dont want to hear all the excuses because its all total bull****. seriously dude. its just bull****.

I know you love the Texans, and I do too. Just don't act like we are anti-Kubiak because we don't like him or that we have set the bar too high. Even if we set the bar at .500, he has failed to do that. What dont you understand.

Maybe spend less time focusing on minutia and more time focusing on the bottom line. Winning. Screw the excuses and the pandering. Screw the rationalizations and the myopia. The team hasn't won because Kubiak is not a good head coach. Its as simple as that. If he was, he wouldn't have waited nearly 6 yrs to hire a decent DC and probably had to be held at gunpoint to even do that. If he was a good coach, we wouldn't have fans still making excuses for him in Year 6. Good coaches win. Bad coaches get fired....unless you work for Bob.

I have always respected you and liked your analysis but this Kubiak apologist thing has gone too far and you need to be called to the carpet for it.

Kubiak is a losing head coach. That isn't a fact and its not up for discussion. Bottom line. Loser...and if you think the team is turning the corner you are wrong.

thunderkyss
10-20-2011, 12:22 PM

It's short enough already, no need to cut it down to 6 games. Just give us the same 16 games as the other teams, that's all I'm asking.

Pittsburgh had injuries, their 4-2... New Orleans is 4-2, The Giants are 4-2. Atlanta has had issues, their 3-3. The Jets are 3-3, Kansas City is 2-3, they were expected to win their division or at least contend for it. They aren't out of it. It's a 16 game season & things are going to look very different come January 2nd.

I don't want to mention any names because I don't want to jinx any one (I am superstitious :voodoo:) but if Greenbay were missing comparable players to who we have missed for the last 6 games, do you think they would be 6-0?

I don't.

thunderkyss
10-20-2011, 12:30 PM
tkyss, you are losing credibility. just saying. that last sentence is just plain ridiculous.

Then why are we even arguing?

We're 3-3 not 1-5 or 2-4, we're 3-3.

face it, you have been wrong about stuff before and you are wrong about Kubiak. you are a (very) knowledgeable football fan that gets his vision clouded by koolaid and some false sense of allegiance to Kubiak.

No love for Kubiak here.

the Texans have had one season ending injury (Mario) and we have been without Andre for 2 damn games. Yeah, it sucks but injuries are part of the game and only in this town do people use them as an excuse.

Kubiak is a losing head coach. That isn't an opinion. That is a fact. So don't act like people are looking for perfection or are unreasonable. We have been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond reasonable.

No argument here, nothing I've said supports a "Kubiak is a good head coach" argument & I haven't made that argument in over two years.

We're 3-3, two of those losses came with Andre & Mario sitting on the sideline. & it's not like we've lost to the Cardinals or the Rams.

Kubiak is a losing head coach. That isn't a fact and its not up for discussion. Bottom line. Loser...and if you think the team is turning the corner you are wrong.

I haven't said anything to contradict either of these statements in the last two years.

TejasTom
10-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Kubiak re-signed Carr and cut him 10 months later. Fail.
Kubiak hired two of the worst defensive coordinators in history, with no track record of anything much less success. Then held on to them out of some warped sense of loyalty for 5 years. Fail.
Kubiak and his crony, Smith, have had some of the worst defensive draft picks in history and not just in the 1st Round. Fail.
Kubiak has never met a big game he couldn't lose. Fail.

I don't think Kubiak had a choice with Carr. I heard he stopped yelling at him after week 8 though.

I was for bringing him back last year but not this year.

thunderkyss
10-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Take Calvin Johnson away from Detriot and they look a whole lot different. They spent a 2 on Titus Young...the Texans have minimal investment past the wr1.

Haven't we won games without Aj? We haven't won the last two without 'Dre, but it's not like we've never won without him. Heck, many here were thinking we had a shot against Oakland & Baltimore without him.

Many think we'll win @Tennessee without him.

If Aaron Rodgers went down today, is it fair to say the Packers won't win another game this season since they haven't done it this seasn, or should we wait to see?

Without Andre, I think this team can win the next three. If we do, I won't say that is any great testament to the coaching ability of Kubiak, it's an expectation.

Let's take a Ray Rice from the Ravens before half time & let's see if they win that game. Let's take Ray Lewis from them in the first Qtr & Torrey Smith in the second half of the next game & lets see if they win that game. Let them play the Saints in the third game & lets see how they do.

They'd be lucky to be 1-2 after that.

Second Honeymoon
10-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Ok, TK. I always respect your knowledge but I was reading your posts as excuses for Kubiak. I know how much AJ means to the team, but us fans can't give Kubes a free pass due to injuries.

The Ravens loss was somewhat expected but at some point someone needs to be accountable for nearly 6 yrs of losing under this regime. If they can't win this year, they never will and if they don't win, heads must roll

thunderkyss
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok, TK. I always respect your knowledge but I was reading your posts as excuses for Kubiak. I know how much AJ means to the team, but us fans can't give Kubes a free pass due to injuries.

I'm just trying to keep it real. Some of the Arguments are extremely good & can't be denied. That's why my argument to DexmanC is usually STFU.

The Ravens loss was somewhat expected but at some point someone needs to be accountable for nearly 6 yrs of losing under this regime. If they can't win this year, they never will and if they don't win, heads must roll

I personally (like Vinny I believe it was) think that says a lot about our team to "expect" to lose going in to Baltimore. If we don't think we have a chance to win... something is wrong. (Especially when we keep thinking we should have been 10-6 or better over the last three years running).

The Saints game I put on Kubiak more so than the Ravens game (which I put on Schuab). He decides to run the clock out against Miami with 14 minutes left in the 4th Qtr, but you take a 14 point lead in the 4th against the Saints with 9 minutes left & it's time to air it out?

Really?

I bet Dennison was beside himself.

DexmanC
10-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Kubiak, whether TK wants to admit it or not, will be the reason this team soars, stalls,
or plummets. At the end of every game, I hear "the offense shoulda done this,"
"the defense shoulda done that.". It is my duty to keep the focus squarely on the
sole person responsible for 2012: Ya boy Gary Kubiak.

Keeps excusing the obvious, and I'll be right here to display the truth again.
Year six, and there are STILL games you go into expecting to lose. You
don't see what's wrong with that?

Corrosion
10-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Kubiak, whether TK wants to admit it or not, will be the reason this team soars, stalls,
or plummets. At the end of every game, I hear "the offense shoulda done this,"
"the defense shoulda done that.". It is my duty to keep the focus squarely on the
sole person responsible for 2012: Ya boy Gary Kubiak.

Keeps excusing the obvious, and I'll be right here to display the truth again.

The Team doesnt go into games expecting to lose. They go into every game thinking "We can win" ..... Every game.

Its the fans expectations you are talking about .... expecting to lose , predicting their record and listing what games we think they win or lose.

thunderkyss
10-20-2011, 04:12 PM

What did I just say?

I personally (like Vinny I believe it was) think that says a lot about our team to "expect" to lose going in to Baltimore.
The Team doesnt go into games expecting to lose. They go into every game thinking "We can win" ..... Every game.

Its the fans expectations you are talking about .... expecting to lose , predicting their record and listing what games we think they win or lose.

You're right, I should have said

I personally think that says a lot when our fans "expect" to lose going in to Baltimore.

Corrosion
10-20-2011, 09:00 PM
and we have twos studs that need each other - AJ (of course and A Foster) to thrive

People just cant accept the fact that one has an impact on the other ....

I heard a question on talk radio a while back , who would you rather lose for an extended amount of time .... AJ or Foster .... We've lost both for a stretch already this season - Tate filled the void in place of Foster. No one has been able to replace AJ .... I think the question answered itself.

You think about the WR position and think - That guy only gets 8-10 touches a game , hows he so important , then you watch this team play without him on the edge and struggle to do a damn thing offensively and realize just how much attention the opposition gives him .... He's worth 50+ yards in the running game.

Your main cog should be the QB

In an ideal world .... our QB would be our best player ... Thats not the case on this team. Schaub is an average NFL QB.

Honoring Earl 34
10-20-2011, 09:13 PM
People just cant accept the fact that one has an impact on the other ....

I heard a question on talk radio a while back , who would you rather lose for an extended amount of time .... AJ or Foster .... We've lost both for a stretch already this season - Tate filled the void in place of Foster. No one has been able to replace AJ .... I think the question answered itself.

You think about the WR position and think - That guy only gets 8-10 touches a game , hows he so important , then you watch this team play without him on the edge and struggle to do a damn thing offensively and realize just how much attention the opposition gives him .... He's worth 50+ yards in the running game.

In an ideal world .... our QB would be our best player ... Thats not the case on this team. Schaub is an average NFL QB.

That's cause we passed up many a good young QB waiting for the frog to get kissed . Compared to him Schaub's Joe Montana . Compared to Joe , Schaub's average at best .

Corrosion
10-21-2011, 04:34 AM
That's cause we passed up many a good young QB waiting for the frog to get kissed . Compared to him Schaub's Joe Montana . Compared to Joe , Schaub's average at best .

Thats on Bob McNair ....:polevault: Not Smith nor Kubiak (or even Capers & Casserly).

It took Kubiak "giving up" on the guy mid season to force a replacement .... Who's been better , just not better enough.

Honoring Earl 34
10-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Thats on Bob McNair ....:polevault: Not Smith nor Kubiak (or even Capers & Casserly).

It took Kubiak "giving up" on the guy mid season to force a replacement .... Who's been better , just not better enough.

I guess my point is after a couple of years you can tell if it's going to happen . The powers that be drafted a QB in the 3rd in 2003 after taking Davy 1st overall , so what's that tell you . Like with Kubiak , Bob got to close to the help .

EllisUnit
11-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Ohhh how the tides have turned :)

BullNation4Life
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Ohhh how the tides have turned :)

Ellis.... are we patting ourselves on the back?

it is true though...

EllisUnit
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Ellis.... are we patting ourselves on the back?

it is true though...

Na but i love to come back and see all the "Sky is falling" posts. Its funny