PDA

View Full Version : Stop with all the shitty threads after a loss.

Blake
10-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Unless you have an original idea, stop creating a new thread for every idiotic thought that enters your brain. Please.

Dishman
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
I wish we'd stop with all the shitty losses.

DX-TEX
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/texanscycle.jpg

EllisUnit
Unless you have an original idea, stop creating a new thread for every idiotic thought that enters your brain. Please.

:whip: way to keep the trend going.

Trap_Star
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10671094.jpg

Pantherstang84

Beat me to it.

TimeKiller
Yessir, sir!

What are we supposed to talk about? How good the weather was?

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 07:29 PM
This forum has SERIOUS organization problems.

All this shit should be in the game thread.

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 07:32 PM

Why? The game is over.

panamamyers
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM

Why even have a forum then? If everything under the sun needs to go in one thread, just have a blog and let people comment on the blog.

A forum is for people to have original ideas and to pose them to a fanbase of others that may or may not want to comment on those ideas. That is the whole point of a forum.

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Why? The game is over.

They pertain to the game. Every thread turns into the same shit with the same discussions. Everyone's venting their frustrations about the same game. No one's special enough to deserve their own thread. It's clutter and it's ugly.

Blake
10-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Maybe locking down thread creation until Monday would help. Keep the garbage from being spewed onto this forum until people have a chance to come up with a decent thought.

Pantherstang84
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM

Maybe you should start your own if you're not happy with how this one is run.

ATXtexanfan
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM

how bout the texans win a few games then you make this statement

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 07:41 PM
They pertain to the game. Every thread turns into the same shit with the same discussions. Everyone's venting their frustrations about the same game. No one's special enough to deserve their own thread. It's clutter and it's ugly.

Like I said, the game is over. We get threads pertaining to the game all week leading to the next one. You can leave the forum I'd you'd like though.

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Like I said, the game is over. We get threads pertaining to the game all week leading to the next one. You can leave the forum I'd you'd like though.

If this wasn't the only Texans game in town, maybe I'd consider.

ArlingtonTexan
10-16-2011, 08:19 PM

I will speak from my perspect (not all mods)

Over the years, we have probably gotten more (if not too lax) about game day thread creation. There used to be a serious effort to merge and purge threads, but it also is one of those things we get tons of complaints about from the thread creators, so its largely a no win proposition.

Good news is that only a couple actually have staying, and the board settles down in a day or so.

fiasco west
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM

Lol, rep'd.

VTexan
10-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Couldn't agree more. Mods need to take a more of an authoritative directive.

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 08:25 PM
If this wasn't the only Texans game in town, maybe I'd consider.

It isn't.

Mr. Texan
10-16-2011, 08:26 PM
http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnimages.com/shared/sps/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/import/season_07/sp_0702_09_v6.jpg?width=480

welcome to shitty wok. try our shitty threads.

NitroGSXR
10-16-2011, 08:27 PM

Over the years, we have probably gotten more (if not too lax) about game day thread creation. There used to be a serious effort to merge and purge threads, but it also is one of those things we get tons of complaints about from the thread creators, so its largely a no win proposition.

Good news is that only a couple actually have staying, and the board settles down in a day or so.

You and most other mods owe us no explaination. I'm sure you guys are on top of things as you all always have been during my tenure here.

Props to TT and their moderators for their efforts.

Big Lou
10-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Maybe locking down thread creation until Monday would help. Keep the garbage from being spewed onto this forum until people have a chance to come up with a decent thought.

Right on brotha!!!!!

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 08:31 PM
It isn't.

It's the only one with any real volume that's not the official one or an ESPN one.

I'm sure it was better in the past. Happens with new users infiltrating forums.

Vinny
10-16-2011, 08:33 PM
honest reaction from the fans trumps coordinated, contrived, manufactured sunshine pumping. The emotional reaction is natural and the burst clears out in due time.