PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby's right foot clearly came down...

Shaft75
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Amirite?

brakos82
10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Amirite?
Don't think he would have had the 1st either way.

TexansBlood
10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Yes it did. I keep rewinding it. Regardless Ravens deserve the win.

imatexan
10-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Yep it did, either way game was pretty much over.

panamamyers
10-16-2011, 06:10 PM
The backbreaker was the long catch by Smith that was really a drop that Kubiak inexplicably did not challenge.

Kubiak even chokes on the challenges.

Hervoyel
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
That's the Texans way. Need 7 yards? Throw it for 6.

Just more of the Texans being the Texans. Same ****, different year. I'm not even mad. I knew the Ravens were going to win this game. A basic rule of thumb is that nobody's going to win them all and this is one you knew was more than likely going to be a loss. The only reason it sucks as bad as it does is because we sleep-walked through a bull**** loss to the Oakland Raiders last week and because of that we're a .500 ball club.

Next week we'll play the Titans in Nashville and if we lose that game you can kiss this season goodbye. Sadly, you won't be able to kiss Kubiak goodbye. He'll be playing his "But I lost my best woobie!" card and McNair will take pity on him because he had to deal with injuries (like nobody else in the league got hurt or something) and he'll give him one more year.

eriadoc
10-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Next week we'll play the Titans in Nashville and if we lose that game you can kiss this season goodbye.

They'll win that one and the following week vs. JAX. That'll put the team at 5-3. Then they'll lose the 3 games in November and the one vs. ATL on Dec. 4th to fall to 5-7.

Hervoyel
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
They'll win that one and the following week vs. JAX. That'll put the team at 5-3. Then they'll lose the 3 games in November and the one vs. ATL on Dec. 4th to fall to 5-7.

Hmmmm. Interesting theory. That's a plausible scenario indeed. Almost sounds preordained.

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Yes, it was definitely down and definitely a poor call. And not conclusive enough to overturn either way.

Refs were shady and our offensive/secondary execution were worse.

SheTexan
10-16-2011, 06:49 PM
The backbreaker was the long catch by Smith that was really a drop that Kubiak inexplicably did not challenge.

Kubiak even chokes on the challenges.

Wouldn't have mattered. The refs would have given the call to the Ravens. MS wasted two TOs early in the forth, that's what's dumb, IMHO!!

NitroGSXR
10-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Wouldn't have mattered. The refs would have given the call to the Ravens. MS wasted two TOs early in the forth, that's what's dumb, IMHO!!

Well... to be fair... Schaub was probably seeing stars. He'd gotten whalloped pretty good on the play before. He needed a second more to shake it off. Especially on 3rd and long. Its not like Schaub routinely does that. I'm going to give him the benefit of doubt. The coaching on this team sure is sub-par though. That is routine.

:texan:

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 07:15 PM

Hmmmm. Interesting theory. That's a plausible scenario indeed. Almost sounds preordained.

wanna bet on that? i accept paypal

thunderkyss
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
That's the Texans way. Need 7 yards? Throw it for 6.

Just more of the Texans being the Texans. Same ****, different year. I'm not even mad. I knew the Ravens were going to win this game. A basic rule of thumb is that nobody's going to win them all and this is one you knew was more than likely going to be a loss. The only reason it sucks as bad as it does is because we sleep-walked through a bull**** loss to the Oakland Raiders last week and because of that we're a .500 ball club.

You know, I was really expecting the Ravens to force a lot of turnovers. I was expecting INTs, a few Matt Schaub stripped fumbles, tip ball INTs, a pick 6...

We played a clean, mistake free game (except for Winston & Dressen... & Antonio)... so from that perspective, I was impressed.

No moral victories here, but I didn't think we ever had a chance to win this one. I mean I thought we did before the game started, but once they started playing..... I didn't think we had a chance.

& that's not good from where I thought this team was.

thunderkyss
10-16-2011, 07:40 PM

I don't agree with this.

I remember watching football in the late '80s. I can't remember who the QBs were, but there were a bunch of young ones & "people" were talking about, "this QB needs to be able to audible" or "why don't they let him audible"

I've always thought the head coach gives the QB freedom to use the timeouts. When he sees something he doesn't like, he calls a timeout, tell the coach what he didn't like, why, & what he thinks they should do instead. If it makes sense, then the QB earns the right to audible.

I know a lot of coaches give their QBs that right, right off the bat. But if you remember all the dumb mistakes we've made once this team got into "hurry up" mode.... I'd be pretty cautious with it myself.

But anyway, those looked like good timeouts to me. Short term, probably screwed us out of this game.... long term, good for Schaub.

Shaft75
10-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I seriously think the refs give our opponents the calls. Is it because Kubiak is a pencil dick or what? I mean, we made that play. We had the first down. The guy was under the hood for like 5 minutes and he comes back with that bs.

Plus, they're players were playing beyond the whistle, they didn't throw the flag on th facemask on 3rd down earlier in the game(or was it 4th down?), and they just seem to always give us the penalties and possibly take us out of games.

Maybe I'm reaching on this one, but it pisses me off to no end. I've missed out on some good times when I was younger because of some POS officials. Maybe that's why I get so pissed at the guys in stripes...

srrono
10-16-2011, 08:24 PM
THe reasons the Texans lost are 2 fold IMO.
!. Offense fell asleep 14 points isn't enough in the NFL
2. Defense gave up to many long pass plays and failed to stop the run in the 4th.

The Texans were impressive for 3qtrs of the game just can't seem to finish strong.