PDA

View Full Version : Ssd"y"

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Where's all the people who bashed posters for wanting to run Kubiak out of town at now? Here we are again playing .500 football.

You can change everything about this team and it will not matter....one thing is always consistent. Kubiak will find ways to lose and this team will play uninspired football under him. Just for argument sake, lets all agree this team will still make the playoffs in this weak ass division.. What will it matter? The teams that Kubaik can't beat are the same teams that we will be playing in the playoffs and Peyton will be back again next year.

All we're doing is spinning our wheels in the mud with this guy.. in the meantime Andre Johnson's brilliant career is being absolutely wasted. Gary Kubiak is our Wayne Fontes...and that's a insult to Wayne fontes.

2slik4u
10-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Where's all the people who bashed posters for wanting to run Kubiak out of town at now? Here we are again playing .500 football.

You can change everything about this team and it will not matter....one thing is always consistent. Kubiak will find ways to lose and this team will play uninspired football under him. Just for argument sake, lets all agree this team will still make the playoffs in this weak ass division.. What will it matter? The teams that Kubaik can't beat are the same teams that we will be playing in the playoffs and Peyton will be back again next year.

All we're doing is spinning our wheels in the mud with this guy.. in the meantime Andre Johnson's brilliant career is being absolutely wasted. Gary Kubiak is our Wayne Fontes...and that's a insult to Wayne fontes.

Whats the deal with the title of thread???

brakos82
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Whats the deal with the title of thread???
Same shit different year. (usually day)

ATXtexanfan

don't just blame kubiak, schaub sucks. our luck kubiak will find another job witha real qb and light it up. i blame schaub more than kubiak

ThaShark316
When are we going to blame some players? Seems like never.

cain78749
10-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately, 1 of 2 things will happen following this season. Either we make the playoffs (or juuuuust miss it and McNair excuses the failure) and GK is still here, or we fail again and Wade Phillips slides in. Yep. No hope in sight.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 06:10 PM
When are we going to blame some players? Seems like never.

:rolleyes: NEWSFLASH...these are HIS PLAYERS....HIS PLAYERS!

When the hell are we going to finally hold a losing head coach responsible for gee IDK...losing ball games? Answer me that one. You can change the players (and we have), you can change the assistant coaches (and we have) and NOTHING CHANGES. The results are always the same.

Even if we didn't have the mistakes at the end and found ourselves in a tighter ball game, we still had little shot at winning this freaking game, because once again we spent all of our damn timeouts. This guy can't manage a clock to save his life and he doesn't give a shit about 2nd half timeouts. You can give him every player that he would ever need and he'll still outsmart himself in the end and find a way to screw it all up.

imatexan
10-16-2011, 06:12 PM

When the hell are we going to finally hold a losing head coach responsible? Answer me that one. You can change the players (and we have), you can change the assistant coaches (and we have) and NOTHING CHANGES.

Even if we didn't have the mistakes at the end, we still had little shot at winning this freaking game, because once again we spent all of our damn timeouts. This guy can't manage a clock to save his life and he doesn't give a shit about 2nd half timeouts. You can give him every player that he would ever need and he'll still outsmart himself in the end and find a way to screw it all up.

Who called those timeouts, Gary or Matt?

ATXtexanfan
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM

When the hell are we going to finally hold a losing head coach responsible for gee IDK...losing ball games? Answer me that one. You can change the players (and we have), you can change the assistant coaches (and we have) and NOTHING CHANGES.

Even if we didn't have the mistakes at the end, we still had little shot at winning this freaking game, because once again we spent all of our damn timeouts. This guy can't manage a clock to save his life and he doesn't give a shit about 2nd half timeouts. You can give him every player that he would ever need and he'll still outsmart himself in the end and find a way to screw it all up.

right, perfect storm. our HC and QB suck

DexmanC
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
don't just blame kubiak, schaub sucks. our luck kubiak will find another job witha real qb and light it up. i blame schaub more than kubiak

Jim Harbaugh found a way to go to 5-1 with Alex Smith at QB.

You're telling me the 49ers have more talent overall than the Texans do?

fiasco west
10-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Where are the people that actually wanted Kubiak to be bought back?

I know there were one or two and I sure as hell wasn't one of them.

Pantherstang84
10-16-2011, 06:21 PM

Let me get to my computer so I can rep this post.

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 06:22 PM

I remember posters saying we shouldn't change coaches because of the lockout. Well look at them Niners. Just another team to add to the list. Now where is the pink soap?

Mr teX
10-16-2011, 06:22 PM
this town doesnt deserve a team, this fan base is terrible....

DexmanC
10-16-2011, 06:24 PM

What's so terrible about a fan base who wants a 6-year sorry ass
head coach fired? Give our team a chance, please!

bigfan77801
10-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Where can I get my pink soap? I said give Kubs another year last year. Now I don't even want him to get on the team bus to the airport.

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Don't look at me. I would have fired him after the 2009 season.

ThaShark316
10-16-2011, 06:26 PM

When the hell are we going to finally hold a losing head coach responsible for gee IDK...losing ball games? Answer me that one. You can change the players (and we have), you can change the assistant coaches (and we have) and NOTHING CHANGES. The results are always the same.

Even if we didn't have the mistakes at the end and found ourselves in a tighter ball game, we still had little shot at winning this freaking game, because once again we spent all of our damn timeouts. This guy can't manage a clock to save his life and he doesn't give a shit about 2nd half timeouts. You can give him every player that he would ever need and he'll still outsmart himself in the end and find a way to screw it all up.

They were in position today. This isn't some bullshit where "its all Gary"...drops, stupid mistakes, poor execution....blame the coach all you want.

Not one post on Arian's stupidity....not one.

ATXtexanfan
10-16-2011, 06:26 PM

not at all. harbaugh> kubiak and schaub sucks

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 06:27 PM

Why? Because they are tired of losing in the exact same ways for almost six years now? Tires of the same coach not having his team prepared, not showing enough passion, not managing the clock well, etc. When is enough enough? Why are so many people so hung up on Kubiak like he can do no wrong? Why are we the only team that still has a head coach that hasn't made the playoffs yet entering his sixth season? Is Kubiak just going to "get it" randomly in your eyes? Is that it?

ATXtexanfan
10-16-2011, 06:28 PM
I remember posters saying we shouldn't change coaches because of the lockout. Well look at them Niners. Just another team to add to the list. Now where is the pink soap?

not the HC, our qb is tapped out

fiasco west
10-16-2011, 06:29 PM

It's only just the collective frustrations of all Houston teams being irrelevant. There is really no major sports team to hang our hats on. I tihnk the Houston sports fans are generally just impatient...

With that said Kubiak should have been let go awhile ago. This 2nd half let down has become a trend again this season and also falling short of winning games they are in. Also the poor road record etc etc.

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 06:29 PM
not the HC, our qb is tapped out

Yes the head coach. He hasn't shown a damn thing. Time for him to go before Schaub goes. Easily.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Who called those timeouts, Gary or Matt?

Matt Schaub called the first one...Gary called the 2nd one. But I'm not even talking about just this game....I'M TALKING ABOUT EVERY GAME WHERE THIS MAN PISSES OFF TIMEOUTS.

The man can not manage a football game. How about last week where he wasted a TO challenging a play that had 0 chance of ever being overturned? Gee that TO would've came in handy since it took 10+ seconds for our team to run down the field and spike the ball. If we had that TO the Matt Schaub "choke play" would've never happened, because he would've had at least 17 seconds on the clock and enough time to get 3 plays off.

Gary Kubiak creates his OWN damn bad luck, so it's time Texan fans stop giving him the excuse of just "bad luck". This guy is sinking and in over his head...he needs to be drug out to the middle of the field and be put out of his misery.

Pantherstang84
10-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Where can I get my pink soap? I said give Kubs another year last year. Now I don't even want him to get on the team bus to the airport.

I promised myself I would wait until after 12 games before putting the soap up this year. 6 more games to go.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 06:34 PM
It's only just the collective frustrations of all Houston teams being irrelevant. There is really no major sports team to hang our hats on. I tihnk the Houston sports fans are generally just impatient...

With that said Kubiak should have been let go awhile ago. This 2nd half let down has become a trend again this season and also falling short of winning games they are in. Also the poor road record etc etc.

This doesn't have shit to do with any other sports team in this city. This football team can create enough frustration all by themselves. This is Texas, it's still a football state. The Rockets and Astros could be winning titles left and right and the fans here would still be highly upset at the Texans ineptitude. And how dare you say fans are generally impatient...sorry, but that's a flat out ridiculous statement. This is the same city who has sold out ever damn game despite 0 results. "Patience" is the last issue regarding this city and their fans :rolleyes:

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Blowing those timeouts. Utterly UNacceptable.

Mr teX
10-16-2011, 06:37 PM

nothing....but there's only so much blame you can put on a coach for players not executing on the field...period.

TexansFight
10-16-2011, 06:38 PM

What a joke. McNair and Kubiak are terrorizing this town with this garbage. This is an incredibly patient town. Any other city, pitchforks would have been brought out years ago

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 06:39 PM
:yawn:

does this mean i can start a thread about this thread if we win our next few games? again :yawn: but whatever floats your boat. you're very quick to start threads like these. hows cushing looking now? can i start a thread on that? :yawn:

btw since we're gonna ***** about how the ravens outclassed the texans... how about those ravens fans? just sayin'

fiasco west
10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
This doesn't have shit to do with any other sports team in this city. This football team can create enough frustration all by themselves. This is Texas, it's still a football state. The Rockets and Astros could be winning titles left and right and the fans here would still be highly upset at the Texans ineptitude. And how dare you say fans are generally impatient...sorry, but that's a flat out ridiculous statement. This is the same city who has sold out ever damn game despite 0 results. "Patience" is the last issue regarding this city and their fans :rolleyes:

Lol and look at most of the reaction today. You are right, fans are really patient when not even half the season has been played.

Not even talking about attendance so I don't know where that came from so I'm not even going to respond to it.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
this town doesn't deserve a team, this fan base is terrible....

No sir...it is you that is terrible and if you can't recognize what slaps you in the face every Sunday that's a issue that you need to address yourself instead of degrading a whole city filled with devoted fans.

Nut up and stop being such a pushover. If you were to be completely honest, this team doesn't "deserve" US, because it is US who have made this team one of the most profitable franchises in the entire world. How dare you say we don't deserve a team, that's flat out ridiculous and a straight loser's mentality. Sorry unlike you, I'm tired of losing...it's time to hold this team's (coach's) feet to the fire. If he loses against Tenn, I'd straight fire Gary Kubiak if I was Bob McNair.

Hervoyel
10-16-2011, 06:43 PM

Kubiak chose Schaub and Kubiak sticks with Schaub. Kubiak doesn't know how to pick a real QB. Odd as that sounds the man has worked with Steve Young and John Elway yet doesn't appear to be able to identify the quality that made those men special.

Doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence does it?

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
How dare you say we don't deserve a team, that's flat out ridiculous and a straight loser's mentality. Sorry unlike you, I'm tired of losing...it's time to hold this team's (coach's) feet to the fire. If he loses against Tenn, I'd straight fire Gary Kubiak if I was Bob McNair.

it deserves a team alright.... but a winning team?

didnt see the ravens fans wait until the 2nd to make it into the stadium. that was one mf'ing loud stadium throughout the game. reliant has been like that as often as a kubiak away win against a winning team

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Lol and look at most of the reaction today. You are right, fans are really patient when not even half the season has been played.

:vincepalm: What are you even talking about...did you happen to read the title of this thread before you clicked on it? This doesn't have crap to do with "just this one game". Anybody who says Texan fans are being "impatient" must be someone who either..

A.) just hopped on board this "Fail wagon" or..

B.) Doesn't have a remote clue of what they are talking about...this has been one of the most patient fan bases in the entire league.

Seriously, do you even watch football in other cities? I mean you do realize other cities are struggling against blackouts when their team doesn't win don't you?

Not even talking about attendance so I don't know where that came from so I'm not even going to respond to it.

:rolleyes: Oh lord, what do you mean you don't know where it came from...you flat out said the fans in this city are "impatient". NEWSFLASH impatient fans don't sell out every seat for a freaking decade.. Impatient fans don't generate the revenue to allow their team to be one of the most profitable sports franchises on the planet. THAT'S WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

playa465
10-16-2011, 06:47 PM

Mannnnn we get it...but you should go get a drink or get laid...ur too uptight (don't take it as an insult). Fans wanted changes and we got FAs and a new legit D-coordinator...I firmly believe if we don't win this division Kubiak will get fired. If Kubiak gets fired I am willing to go thru the potential ups and downs that may come with that.

Hervoyel
10-16-2011, 06:48 PM
nothing....but there's only so much blame you can put on a coach for players not executing on the field...period.

That kind of goes out the window after 6 years. You see this coach has been picking players (along with his hand picked GM) and coaching them for 6 years. Once you get past a certain point you really can't point any fingers at anyone but yourself.

Your players can't execute? You coach them. You chose them. Who's fault is it that you picked lousy players? It's your fault.

More often than not bad coaches and bad personnel evaluators don't get to keep their jobs this long. More often than not they're gone after year three.

Not here. Here it's all on Gary and you should know that by now.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 06:49 PM
it deserves a team alright.... but a winning team?

didnt see the ravens fans wait until the 2nd to make it into the stadium. that was one mf'ing loud stadium throughout the game. reliant has been like that as often as a Kubiak away win against a winning team

LMAO, the Ravens make the playoffs every year...lets give them a decade of sucktitude and then judge how great their morale is :vincepalm:

Section516
10-16-2011, 06:51 PM
I kept the soap up...Almost wanting to not go 9-7 and win the division, as it will re-up Kubiak.. I just don't think he has the ability to be a HC, never have... His records don't lie..

HOU 2006 6 10 0 .375 4th in AFC South - - - -
HOU 2007 8 8 0 .500 4th in AFC South - - - -
HOU 2008 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC South - - - -
HOU 2009 9 7 0 .563 2nd in AFC South - - - -
HOU 2010 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC South - - - -

ATXtexanfan
10-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Yes the head coach. He hasn't shown a damn thing. Time for him to go before Schaub goes. Easily.

what has schaub showed you? just curious? signature win? he is playing in kubes system

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 06:52 PM
LMAO, the Ravens make the playoffs every year...lets give them a decade of sucktitude and then judge how great their morale is :vincepalm:

chicken or egg?

didnt realise the getting into the stadium late thing was a recent phenomenom caused by our decade of non-playoffs

cleveland teams suck. doesnt stop their fans still getting behind the team

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Mannnnn we get it...but you should go get a drink or get laid...ur too uptight (don't take it as an insult). Fans wanted changes and we got FAs and a new legit D-coordinator...I firmly believe if we don't win this division Kubiak will get fired. If Kubiak gets fired I am willing to go thru the potential ups and downs that may come with that.

How about you go get a drink and get laid,

I've already have a drink and will lay wherever I please later on.

None of that has jack crap to do with this thread...last I checked this is a football message board. Guess what people do here...they discuss football. :vincepalm:

Damn I'm beginning to think the Texans' P.R. department is bank rolling some of the posters here. I've never seen people so willing to defend failure in my life. (oops, yeah I have...but I'll reserve that convo for the "No spin zone".)

thunderkyss
10-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I thought we had a chance in this game. I thought we'd cover 8 points, easy. I was wrong.

A few observations.

The defense isn't as good as we think it is... We're missing Mario.. so there's that excuse... we're not supposed to be that good right now anyway
Our offense should have done better against that defense. I didn't see enough of that Baltimore D to explain 56% completion
That is not the best OL in the league
We've got work to do

Where was the Dog & the Ninja?

@Tennessee, Jacksonville, Cleveland, @ Tampa Bay

We've got an opportunity to get 4 wins, get to 7-3 before the bye.

@Jacksonville, Atlanta, @ Cincinnati, Carolina, @Indianapolis, Tennessee

We can lose three of those games (Atlanta, Cinci, Carolina) & still finish with 10 wins.

Kubiak can't screw this up.

Thorn
Guess what? Same ole Texans. I'm still hoping that with our easy schedule and pathetic division we still might sneak in a playoff game this year. But, knowing the Texans.........:kubepalm:

ATXtexanfan
Kubiak chose Schaub and Kubiak sticks with Schaub. Kubiak doesn't know how to pick a real QB. Odd as that sounds the man has worked with Steve Young and John Elway yet doesn't appear to be able to identify the quality that made those men special.

Doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence does it?

can't argue

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 06:56 PM
chicken or egg?

didn't realize the getting into the stadium late thing was a recent phenomenon caused by our decade of non-playoffs

cleveland teams suck. doesn't stop their fans still getting behind the team

Teams with warm weather and plenty of things to do generally show up late and leave early. If you think this has ANYTHING to do solely with Houston you are mistaken. You're also mistaken if you think that behavior excuses any of this teams shortcomings.

Now please proceed to tell me how I don't deserve a team...after all it's such a great and intelligent argument.

Mr teX

nothing......but if you think this teams failings will be corrected by replacing 1 man your fooling yourself.

fiasco west
:vincepalm: What are you even talking about...did you happen to read the title of this thread before you clicked on it? This doesn't have crap to do with "just this one game". Anybody who says Texan fans are being "impatient" must be someone who either..

A.) just hopped on board this "Fail wagon" or..

B.) Doesn't have a remote clue of what they are talking about...this has been one of the most patient fan bases in the entire league.

Seriously, do you even watch football in other cities? I mean you do realize other cities are struggling against blackouts when their team doesn't win don't you?

:rolleyes: Oh lord, what do you mean you don't know where it came from...you flat out said the fans in this city are "impatient". NEWSFLASH impatient fans don't sell out every seat for a freaking decade.. Impatient fans don't generate the revenue to allow their team to be one of the most profitable sports franchises on the planet. THAT'S WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

Remember how we should have traded Mario...in preseason!? How the OLB thing wasn't going to work out... The same ones ready to call the season a bust after one loss? Houston fans are impatient and almost a bit paranoid it seems. This has NOTHING to do with the attendance as it does the mind-set of this city. There are not going to be many people saying "Chill, there is more than half a season left to play."

The attendance is a product of living in Texas and in a huge market. Just like New York fans are not known for their patience yet are able to sell out Knicks game no matter their futility. Their attendance has more to do with their loyalty to the team.

But really, why so serious? It's my opinion that Houston fans are generally impatient and it really has nothing to do with "OMG HOW MANY GAMES HAVE YOU WATCHED???"

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Teams with warm weather and plenty of things to do generally show up late and leave early. If you think this has ANYTHING to do solely with Houston you are mistaken. You're also mistaken if you think that behavior excuses any of this teams shortcomings.

Now please proceed to tell me how I don't deserve a team...after all it's such a great and intelligent argument.

fitting of the thread probably....

but now never even said you dont deserve a team. you must have me confused with someone else (see that was easy- no 8 paragraph rant) ;)

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Remember how we should have traded Mario...in preseason!? How the OLB thing wasn't going to work out... The same ones ready to call the season a bust after one loss? Houston fans are impatient and almost a bit paranoid it seems. This has NOTHING to do with the attendance as it does the mind-set of this city. There are not going to be many people saying "Chill, there is more than half a season left to play."

The attendance is a product of living in Texas and in a huge market. Just like New York fans are not known for their patience yet are able to sell out Knicks game no matter their futility. Their attendance has more to do with their loyalty to the team.

But really, why so serious? It's my opinion that Houston fans are generally impatient and it really has nothing to do with "OMG HOW MANY GAMES HAVE YOU WATCHED???"

You seriously don't have a clue of what you're talking about...the random message board talk that happens here...you know like the stuff you mentioned above. You are delusional if you think that same stuff doesn't happen on 31 other forums in this league. Damn i guess the NFL might as well close up shop, because there isn't a city in this league that deserves a team now.

Also you're completely off your rocker if you don't think "patient fans" have anything to do with consistent tickets sales. Your "its a big market" argument is absolute failure...all you have to do is look across the way at minute maid park :vincepalm: Guess what buddy, they play in a "big market too" and that place was a ghost town...same thing with the Rockets in year's past. Texan fans selling out every seat at Relient isn't just a "given" and it isn't just because they have a healthy market....especially given today's economic downturn and the every rising prices included in attending a football game. Your argument is a stretch at best. THIS IS A PATIENT FAN BASE... Almost patient to a fault.

Mr. Texan
10-16-2011, 07:06 PM
my friends always ask me why the texans stick so long with a coach with no playoff win or even a playoff appearance.

i just say i don't know...i just don't know

Carr Bombed
10-16-2011, 07:09 PM
fitting of the thread probably....

but now never even said you dont deserve a team. you must have me confused with someone else (see that was easy- no 8 paragraph rant) ;)

Well you're jumping on that side of the argument with your "the fans don't show up early enough" argument so what's your point...you might as well have said that, since you're essentially defending it. Please stop trying to blow smoke up my rear end, everybody knew the point you were trying to get across :rolleyes:

Oh P.S.

While we're on the subject of "pointing out things nobody said", please show me where I ever typed a 8 paragraph ran ;) That was also easy.

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Could it be that Dennison is a problem? I think I enjoyed Baby Shanahan a little better as an offensive coordinator. I'd have to think about it more. Seems like the offense--the running game excluded--has taken quite the dive with him as OC.

I feel like his name could maybe be thrown in with blaming Kubiak and Smith.

fiasco west
10-16-2011, 07:14 PM
You seriously don't have a clue of what you're talking about...the random message board talk that happens here...you know like the stuff you mentioned above. You are delusional if you think that same stuff doesn't happen on 31 other forums in this league. Damn i guess the NFL might as well close up shop, because there isn't a city in this league that deserves a team now.

I never said anything about any other city. I am talking about THIS city, no other city. If you want my opinion on fans in general in every city they are impatient. You see that all the time with back up QBs.

Also you're completely off your rocker if you don't think "patient fans" have anything to do with consistent tickets sales. Your "its a big market" argument is absolute failure...all you have to do is look across the way at minute maid park :vincepalm: Guess what buddy, they play in a "big market too" and that place was a ghost town...same thing with the Rockets in year's past. Texan fans selling out every seat at Relient isn't just a "given" and it isn't just because they have a healthy market....especially given today's economic downturn and the every rising prices included in attending a football game. Your argument is a stretch at best. THIS IS A PATIENT FAN BASE... Almost patient to a fault.

First of all since you're going to make personal insults I will too. You are off your rocker if you think MLB or NBA attendance is any where comparable to NFL attendance.

You are talking about 41+ home games for both leagues. Where you ask fans to come on a random Wednesday night to see the Rockets play the Twolves. I did bring up the Knicks but only to compare that NYC always loves their Basketball and are in a big city...much like Houston will always love their Football and are a big city.

Vs 8 game schedule where each game matters and the team and media can hype up the game so people can come on the weekends...and also that the NFL is much more popular than both leagues in USA probably combined.

Much easier to sell tickets to 8 games vs 41+... also consider that the NFL is the most popular sport in the nation. You think the NBA or MLB could have blackout rules? Only the NFL where teams expect to get in 90% attendance week in and week out.

IlliniJen
10-16-2011, 07:15 PM

You must love mentally soft teams that go 8-8 or thereabouts.

Who's the bad fan? The one that will put up with the same shit year in and year out, while waving their pom poms, wearing their Carr jersey and Steel Blue blinders....

...or...

....the fan who passionately wants this team to win, and realizes that the the head coach isn't the one to get us over the mediocre hump?

I will take fan #2 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Vinny
10-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Could it be that Dennison is a problem? I think I enjoyed Baby Shanahan a little better as an offensive coordinator. I'd have to think about it more. Seems like the offense--the running game excluded--has taken quite the dive with him as OC.

I feel like his name could maybe be thrown in with blaming Kubiak and Smith.
we keep swapping out coordinators, position coaches and the same results...wash, repeat, rinse....the common theme here is Kubes.

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 07:17 PM
we keep swapping out coordinators, position coaches and the same results...wash, repeat, rinse....the common theme here is Kubes.

top 10 offence?

Vinny
10-16-2011, 07:18 PM
top 10 offence?

stats are for baseball

Mr teX
10-16-2011, 07:18 PM
No sir...it is you that is terrible and if you can't recognize what slaps you in the face every Sunday that's a issue that you need to address yourself instead of degrading a whole city filled with devoted fans.

Nut up and stop being such a pushover. If you were to be completely honest, this team doesn't "deserve" US, because it is US who have made this team one of the most profitable franchises in the entire world. How dare you say we don't deserve a team, that's flat out ridiculous and a straight loser's mentality. Sorry unlike you, I'm tired of losing...it's time to hold this team's (coach's) feet to the fire. If he loses against Tenn, I'd straight fire Gary Kubiak if I was Bob McNair.

Well if you're tired of losing & you truly feel that way, go support a team that's winning...that'll save me from having to read your idiotic posts.

Mr teX
10-16-2011, 07:19 PM
You must love mentally soft teams that go 8-8 or thereabouts.

Who's the bad fan? The one that will put up with the same shit year in and year out, while waving their pom poms, wearing their Carr jersey and Steel Blue blinders....

...or...

....the fan who passionately wants this team to win, and realizes that the the head coach isn't the one to get us over the mediocre hump?

I will take fan #2 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

No, the fan that thinks our issues are localized to 1 person or thing.

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 07:21 PM

Yes it is. But it's good to name Dennison too. Rather than beat the same drum with the same tired and very true shit about Kubiak, I want to suggest SPECIFIC problems beyond Kubiak.

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 07:22 PM
stats are for baseball

right because eventhough our offence is top 10 statistically most yrs... its actually shit in reality :ok:

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
right because eventhough our offence is top 10 statistically most yrs... its actually shit in reality :ok:

Who gives a damn where its ranked? Where are the wins? Sixth season now and we still get shitty results. It's really getting ridiculous.

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Yep. Stats are a general indicator and in this case it's not indicating what they normally would--that a team as successful statistically would be as successful in the standings.

IlliniJen
10-16-2011, 07:30 PM
No, the fan that thinks our issues are localized to 1 person or thing.

I don't need another 5 years of the same problems stemming from the head coach to know we need a change. The soft mentality and lack of preparation is pretty consistent, year in and year out. We have so many good players, and Kubiak is holding this team back.

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Who gives a damn where its ranked? Where are the wins? Sixth season now and we still get shitty results. It's really getting ridiculous.

i think we all know the defence has been to blame for alot of the losses in that time (and yes that is kubiaks fault by not hiring the right ppl so dont start). still the offence- which we're talking about, has played well enough to be a consistent playoff team.

and this season we've lost 3 games- two losses to probably two of the best 5 teams in the nfl away in two of the most difficult stadiums. both competitive games... and a game they let slip against a team they couldve/shouldve beaten at home but one thats doing pretty well this yr too

cant say im incandescent with rage yet (just wanted to be the first person to use that word on TT)

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 07:36 PM
i think we all know the defence has been to blame for alot of the losses in that time (and yes that is kubiaks fault by not hiring the right ppl so dont start)

and this season we've lost 3 games- two losses to probably two of the best 5 teams in the nfl away in two of the most difficult stadiums. both competitive games... and a game they let slip against a team they couldve/shouldve beaten at home but one thats doing pretty well this yr too

cant say im incandescent with rage yet (just wanted to be the first person to use that word on TT)

All I see are excuses. How many more teams is McNair going to watch get turned around before he wakes the hell up and realizes Kubiak is just an offensive coordinator.

Surreal McCoy
10-16-2011, 07:39 PM

QFT. Would be hilarious to see the team moved elsewhere. Hell, even LA would support a team better than Houston.

PS - Repped

Vinny
10-16-2011, 07:41 PM
QFT. Would be hilarious to see the team moved elsewhere. Hell, even LA would support a team better than Houston.

PS - Reppedbeing critical of your team doesn't equate to a lack of support...good gravy.

Mr teX
10-16-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't need another 5 years of the same problems stemming from the head coach to know we need a change. The soft mentality and lack of preparation is pretty consistent, year in and year out. We have so many good players, and Kubiak is holding this team back.

yep...b/c it's kubiak's fault that Foster dropped all kinds of passes that would've extended drives & put us in favorable 3 down situations.

b/c it's kubiak's fault that vickers dropped a sure TD last week.

b/c its kubiak's fault AJ punted an int to the SD defense last year to end a game winning drive.

Guess we should get rid of them too huh?

utahmark
10-16-2011, 07:46 PM

PS - Repped

This team has never done anything and everygame they play is infront of a packed house. I seem to remember a bunch of empty seats the last time I watched a professional football game in LA.

ps - not repped!

Mr. Texan
10-16-2011, 07:48 PM

PS - Repped

The Texans have sold out every game at Reliant Stadium for the past nine years despite posting only one winning season.

You don't get more fan support than that.

Mr teX
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
being critical of your team doesn't equate to a lack of support...good gravy.

It hasn't mattered Vinny. Even when this team has won people in this town still manage to come here with something negative or "critical" to say. Need an example? After we beat Miami all i saw on here were threads about how weak schaub's arm is.....how bad our run defense is / how we need a space-eating NT...how KJ sucks. It's absolutely maddening. & when we lose.....the same tired discussions get brought up.

That's why i already know, it's not gonna matter whether we finally get to the playoffs this year or not, once we get there & if we lost, the same people will be coming out of the woodworks with the same crap.

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 07:52 PM
All I see are excuses. How many more teams is McNair going to watch get turned around before he wakes the hell up and realizes Kubiak is just an offensive coordinator.

didnt see you argue the points about the offence being good though... (which it looks like you're now agreeing with)

excuses... realism. guess its in the eye of the beholder

Lucky
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
....but if you think this teams failings will be corrected by replacing 1 man your fooling yourself.

Could it be that Dennison is a problem?

I think you guys have got it. Blow up the team. But keep Gary. It's the players and the assistants that are to blame. Gary is on the right track. The team? Not so much. Just let Gary start over.

and this season we've lost 3 games- two losses to probably two of the best 5 teams in the nfl away in two of the most difficult stadiums. both competitive games...
In other words, eat your crap sandwich and like it. Yummy.

stats are for baseball
And Bob McNair. And the Keep Kubiak Klub.

Kubiak can't screw this up.
You continue to underestimate the man.

Dishman
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM

You're right, you know. Everyone should hold their tongues until Kubiak's 50th season as HC.

Maddict5
10-16-2011, 07:54 PM
The Texans have sold out every game at Reliant Stadium for the past nine years despite posting only one winning season.

You don't get more fan support than that.

ha.. the sellouts. right. going there are we?

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Lucky, you're a moderator here so I assume that means you're a level above everyone else both power-wise and intelligence-wise.

Me mentioning Dennison as a POTENTIAL problem, you know, as perhaps a point to discuss rationally, then in this VERY THREAD actually SAYING that we might have to throw him in with Smith and Kubiak is not reason for you to spew that sarcastic bullshit as if I'm a Kubiak supporter. This might be the seventh time in the last two hours ALONE that I've mentioned that I've wanted Kubiak gone for a VERY long time.

Mr. Texan
10-16-2011, 08:00 PM
ha.. the sellouts. right. going there are we?

that's support right?

utahmark
10-16-2011, 08:05 PM
It hasn't mattered Vinny. Even when this team has won people in this town still manage to come here with something negative or "critical" to say. Need an example? After we beat Miami all i saw on here were threads about how weak schaub's arm is.....how bad our run defense is / how we need a space-eating NT...how KJ sucks. It's absolutely maddening. & when we lose.....the same tired discussions get brought up.

That's why i already know, it's not gonna matter whether we finally get to the playoffs this year or not, once we get there & if we lost, the same people will be coming out of the woodworks with the same crap.

Of course they keep saying the same crap. They have not seen anything to make them change their minds. Even if we were 6 and 0 you would still have people complain, it's like that on every message board.

Mr teX
10-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Of course they keep saying the same crap. They have not seen anything to make them change their minds. Even if we were 6 and 0 you would still have people complain, it's like that on every message board.

no...no its not.

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 08:10 PM
no...no its not.

Well, yes and no. Individual team message boards across the NFL and all sports are cesspools. Complete and utter cesspools of idiocy and irrationality.

That said, out of all the teams I root for (Suns, Braves, Texans, Sabres), it wouldn't be a stretch to say my Texans board is the worst offender out of those four. Braves board would definitely have to be second, because those guys are all dicks and know-it-alls. NBA fans are generally unintelligent overall, so I don't really get surprised when they go off the rails because they're just dumb to begin with. Sabres board has some elements but its generally pretty good with very solid discussion.

Lucky
10-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Lucky, you're a moderator here so I assume that means you're a level above everyone else both power-wise and intelligence-wise.

Just intelligence-wise.

I know what the problem with this team is. I've been screaming it here (and everywhere else) for since November 2nd, 2008. What about Schaub? What about the OC? The DC? The 2nd string FB? The hurricane? I've heard it all. This team will never become a winner with Gary Kubiak "leading" them. So if the arguments we see after losses look redundant, so too are the excuses for Kubiak's failures. Same $&!%, different thread.

TheMatrix31
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Just intelligence-wise.

I know what the problem with this team is. I've been screaming it here (and everywhere else) for since November 2nd, 2008. What about Schaub? What about the OC? The DC? The 2nd string FB? The hurricane? I've heard it all. This team will never become a winner with Gary Kubiak "leading" them. So if the arguments we see after losses look redundant, so too are the excuses for Kubiak's failures. Same $&!%, different thread.

Yeah of course. It's a cycle of redundancy. It's dumb. But I'm not fond of just naming one or two people as a catch-all for everything. Of course, Kubiak and Smith have brought everyone on board and constructed the team, but as I said in another thread, I like to name people specifically. Schaub was shitty last week, he wasn't that bad this week. OL was awful last week, they were slightly better this week. Cushing was consistent these last few games, and the front seven has been pretty damn good.

Not much PA? Not much creativity? Three runs and a cloud of dust? Could be the OC.

Hurricane? Well, that's Bush and Cheney's fault.

Of course everything falls under the fault of the HC, GM, and Owner. But it's important to look at specifics too. Analyze SPECIFICALLY what's wrong. So that when we're hiring a new HC (if we dont promote Wade, which we know will end up happening, ahh) or whoever, we know specifically what issues need to be addressed .

It's HC/OC/Owner's fault that Jabroni Jones and Kareem Jackson are still on this team, and that outside of Johnathan Joseph and sometimes Danieal Manning, we don't have anybody competent in the secondary. It's also their fault that aside from Andre, our wideout situation is thin at best. They've done a good job addressing the front seven, building an OL, finding Foster and Tate, and getting Dreesen/Daniels/Casey.

It's Kubiak's fault that game management sucks dick. That's been arguably the biggest problem overall in his coaching tenure.

DexmanC
10-16-2011, 08:42 PM

PS - Repped

Calling for the head of Kubiak, a loser coach of six consecutive seasons,
merits the entire team being moved?

Brisco_County
10-16-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't see how anyone can support keeping Kubiak at this point. All I can hope for is that McNair is paying attention to the 49rs and learning something. Then again, we said the same thing about him learning from the Saints.

The worst part is that we'll be stuck in the doldrums of mediocrity for so long that Andre's career will be over before a major change occurs.

Edit: We need to start lobbying McNair with the theme, "You owe it to Andre to fire Kubiak."

Runner
10-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Just intelligence-wise.

If we had been an enlightened fan base a few years ago, we wouldn't even have the Kubiak problem. Capers would still be here since the head coach has no responsibility for wins and losses, right?

Pantherstang84
10-16-2011, 09:35 PM

PS - Repped

Well. The list starts again this year. I just didn't think it would start this early, but when I see posts like this...

Norg
10-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Dude its teh ravens LOL i kinda knew we were losing dis game

u know there is still alot of football to play all we need to do is punch our ticket to the playoffs and after that anything could happen IMO

steelbtexan
10-16-2011, 09:47 PM

Please tell me why the fanbase is terrible?

steelbtexan
10-16-2011, 09:54 PM
nothing......but if you think this teams failings will be corrected by replacing 1 man your fooling yourself.

What do you propose to help correct the Texans failings? Short of BoBBy retiring/dying.

I'm anxiously waiting your reply.

steelbtexan
10-16-2011, 10:15 PM

PS - Repped

Really?

How would you suggest we become better fans?

How many teams has LA lost? WoW they must have a great fanbase.

steelbtexan
10-16-2011, 10:17 PM
yep...b/c it's kubiak's fault that Foster dropped all kinds of passes that would've extended drives & put us in favorable 3 down situations.

b/c it's kubiak's fault that vickers dropped a sure TD last week.

b/c its kubiak's fault AJ punted an int to the SD defense last year to end a game winning drive.

Guess we should get rid of them too huh?

Yes it is Garys fault. He's the one who handpicked the players that are failing on this team.

Vinny
10-16-2011, 10:18 PM

PS - Reppedyou are talking down to real fans trying to tell them how to react - then you say it would be hilarious to see the team leave? I'd call that being a hypocrite.

Surreal McCoy
10-16-2011, 10:21 PM
you are talking down to real fans trying to tell them how to react - then you say it would be hilarious to see the team leave? I'd call that being a hypocrite.

Of course you would, Vinny, the real fans would expect no less of you

:vincepalm:

steelbtexan
10-16-2011, 10:34 PM

Who are these real fans you speak of?

And how do they act?

steelbtexan
10-16-2011, 10:35 PM

You seem to be having trouble answering my questions.

Surreal McCoy
10-16-2011, 10:36 PM
You seem to be having trouble answering my questions.

Not in the slightest. Read the thread and you'll see you've already been answered.

Vinny
10-16-2011, 10:45 PM

you claim to be a fan of the team and you hope the Texans move. You said it, not me. Frankly you have exposed yourself to be a charlatan and a fake. No real fan of a franchise is pulling for the team to relocate.

steelbtexan
10-16-2011, 10:47 PM
You still haven't described who you consider to be a real fan.

Description please?

Surreal McCoy
10-16-2011, 10:50 PM
you claim to be a fan of the team and you hope the Texans move. You said it, not me. Frankly you have exposed yourself to be a charlatan and a fake. No real fan of a franchise is pulling for the team to relocate.

No Vinerino, I said it would be funny if the team were moved. Which, as it seems you're having trouble with that statement, it doesn't mean I want the team moved. Nice try though. Keep'em comin' - I'll keep battin' 'em out if all you got are softballs ;)

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2011, 11:04 PM

Exactly. I don't understand what he's trying to say. The 99% that want Kubiak fired also want the Texans to do good as well (even if that means Kubiak is the head coach). The top 1% can't seem to get it out of their thick heads that we all want to the same goal for the team. Criticizing the team does not mean we hate the team. Criticizing the team doesn't mean we want them to lose and move to California. What kind of reasoning is that?

When does Occupy Reliant start?

Jackie Chiles
10-16-2011, 11:28 PM
No Vinerino, I said it would be funny if the team were moved. Which, as it seems you're having trouble with that statement, it doesn't mean I want the team moved. Nice try though. Keep'em comin' - I'll keep battin' 'em out if all you got are softballs ;)

Getting hard to breath in here with all the smug.

houstonspartan
10-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Exactly. I don't understand what he's trying to say. The 99% that want Kubiak fired also want the Texans to do good as well (even if that means Kubiak is the head coach). The top 1% can't seem to get it out of their thick heads that we all want to the same goal for the team. Criticizing the team does not mean we hate the team. Criticizing the team doesn't mean we want them to lose and move to California. What kind of reasoning is that?

When does Occupy Reliant start?

LMAO!

You are getting repped for that one.

TexansFanatic
10-16-2011, 11:49 PM
The "shut up and get in line" routine is weak.

Anyone who tells me I'm a bad fan because I find fault in a player, a coach, a general manager, or an owner is an unqualified moron. Case closed.

houstonspartan
10-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Just intelligence-wise.

What happened on Nov 2, 2008? Was that the Titans Monday night game? That's the game that pushed me over the edge and made me realize that Gary has to go.

steelbtexan
10-16-2011, 11:56 PM
What happened on Nov 2, 2008? Was that the Titans Monday night game? That's the game that pushed me over the edge and made me realize that Gary has to go.

That was the game for me too.

The stadium was rocking. That game meant more to the fans than it did to the Texans organization. IMHO

Vinny
10-17-2011, 12:00 AM

when has this team "won"? This team has issues despite what you hear from the propagandameisters on 610am. Between the Texans controlled media sessions, their in-house 'breakdowns' and the fans that can't discern between critical analysis and Pravdaesque propaganda, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

houstonspartan
10-17-2011, 12:00 AM
That was the game for me too.

The stadium was rocking. That game meant more to the fans than it did to the Texans organization. IMHO

Yup. I was there. It was cool as hell. Outside the stadium before the game was electric. Everyone was fired up. The stadium was off-the-hook inside as well.

What a waste.

houstonspartan
10-17-2011, 12:09 AM
when has this team "won"? This team has issues despite what you hear from the propagandameisters on 610am. Between the Texans controlled media sessions, their in-house 'breakdowns' and the fans that can't discern between critical analysis and Pravdaesque propaganda, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

LOL. nice.

Jerome Soloman had a blog post about a week or so ago where he talked about a Texans player that pulled him aside last year. The player told him that he was being too negative in the things that he wrote, and that he should be more positive, because fans took their queues from what the media says (as if we're all a bunch of dumb-ass sheep).

Solomon pointed out to this player that the reason fans were negative about the team had more to do with 6 wins and 10 losses than anything a columnist wrote. He was right.

For some reason, this team just doesn't "get it." Kubiak, every year in his speech at the Texans luncheon, asks fans to be in our seats for kickoff. Ok, that's a reasonable request. But he has to do his part by bringing in some more W's. At the Cowboys game last year, I saw people in their seats that didn't normally get there until halftime.

W's is what fans get excited about. Not hype.

Double Barrel
10-17-2011, 11:35 AM

You're right, the Astros should move...

top 10 offence?

I checked the Texans store, and they don't have a t-shirt for that achievement. I'm really disappointed about it, because next to the 80 consecutive sellouts at Reliant, that's the proudest moment in franchise history.

Maddict5
10-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I checked the Texans store, and they don't have a t-shirt for that achievement. I'm really disappointed about it, because next to the 80 consecutive sellouts at Reliant, that's the proudest moment in franchise history.

good job with that sarcastic 'wit'. its the truth though. 1 sub par game against a great D & suddenly revisionist history kicks in & kubiak doesnt know shit about offence either. great insight round here

Vinny
10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
good job with that sarcastic 'wit'. its the truth though. 1 sub par game against a great D & suddenly revisionist history kicks in & kubiak doesnt know shit about offence either. great insight round hereover the last month this team has lost 3 of the 4 games played. You expect upbeat sunshine?

Yankee_In_TX
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
I remember posters saying we shouldn't change coaches because of the lockout.

No, that was the bullshit McNair used to excuse Kubiak being back. If posters drank that kool aid, well....

Yankee_In_TX
10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
good job with that sarcastic 'wit'. its the truth though. 1 sub par game against a great D & suddenly revisionist history kicks in & kubiak doesnt know shit about offence either. great insight round here

Revisionist history?

6-10
8-8
8-8
9-7
6-10
3-3

You want puppy dogs and rainbows?

Double Barrel
10-17-2011, 11:58 AM

Quick, what was the ranking of the Colts defense when they won a championship?

Some of us understand that stats are just one tool to measure a team, not the be all / end all of evaluation.

But go ahead and wave your pom poms, dude. I certainly won't stop you.

Maddict5
10-17-2011, 12:22 PM
:yawn:

ssdy is right. same old argument changing the subject. what does winning have to do with us having a good offence the last few yrs (which is what we are talking about). obviously, our defence which has alternated between bad & diabolical has meant a fair share of that offence performance has been wasted but again... wtf has that got to do with our offensive performance the last few yrs?

love how everyone wants to play the grissled, cynical skeptic though.. and anybody who doesnt join in that everything is f'ed is a cheerleader. solid

Maddict5
10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
over the last month this team has lost 3 of the 4 games played. You expect upbeat sunshine?

ha heres more of it. upbeat sunshine? no. some reasonable views other than a big pity party too much to ask for?

TEXANRED
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
ha heres more of it. upbeat sunshine? no. some reasonable views other than a big pity party too much to ask for?

A reasonable view is Kubiak can't coach, Schaub can't QB, and we lose games in the 4th quarter.

You wanna know what the turning point to yesterday was? Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. That 3 points would have changed the mentality of the game from top to bottom.

Who doesn't take points when you are on the road? Especially against the Ravens.

Vinny
10-17-2011, 12:35 PM
A reasonable view is Kubiak can't coach, Schaub can't QB, and we lose games in the 4th quarter.

You wanna know what the turning point to yesterday was? Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. That 3 points would have changed the mentality of the game from top to bottom.

Who doesn't take points when you are on the road? Especially against the Ravens.That was an idiotic move that defied logical football strategy. The 37 yard FG was pretty much a gimmie.

TexansSeminole
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
That was an idiotic move that defied logical football strategy. The 37 yard FG was pretty much a gimmie.

I couldn't believe they went for it either. It was the first quarter. The score was 7-0.

I will never understand that mentality in pro football. You take the points when you can get them, especially against a defense like the Ravens.

Maddict5
10-17-2011, 12:44 PM
That was an idiotic move that defied logical football strategy. The 37 yard FG was pretty much a gimmie.

like rackers 42 yd fg indoor at home v the raiders?

i love it. garunteed if we kick that fg and lose ppl would be bitching that kubiaks lack of balls by not going for it there cost us the game

also nvm that we got the ball straight back after that failed fg on the fumble recovery and scored a td. ya that was the turning pt that there was no coming back from :rolleyes:

Dutchrudder
10-17-2011, 12:46 PM

PS - Repped

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j145/Jvchequer/944164-troll_obvious_super.jpg

Seriously, how has this guy not be neg repped to hell and banned?

Vinny
10-17-2011, 12:50 PM

i love it. garunteed if we kick that fg and lose ppl would be bitching that kubiaks lack of balls by not going for it there cost us the game

You really think that Kubiak makes decisions based on how much the fans peepee hurtz? If so, he's a bigger numbnutz than I thought.

Vinny
10-17-2011, 12:51 PM
yeah, he's been exposed as a non-fan...I mean, what real fan thinks its "hilarious" to lose their franchise?

TexansSeminole
10-17-2011, 12:52 PM

also nvm that we got the ball straight back after that failed fg on the fumble recovery and scored a td. ya that was the turning pt that there was no coming back from :rolleyes:

Logic fail.

The point is its the first quarter and its early in the season. There's no reason to go for it. Zero indication that we wouldn't be able to stay in that game with a field goal.

It also doesn't matter if we forced a fumble there. That has no bearing on Kubiak's decision making prior to their fumble. On top of that, hell we could have kicked the FG then forced the fumble.

3 + 7 = 10.

10>7.

Maddict5
10-17-2011, 12:57 PM
You really think that Kubiak makes decisions based on how much the fans peepee hurtz? If so, he's a bigger numbnutz than I thought.

ha totally changing the subject. subtle

Vinny
10-17-2011, 12:59 PM
ha totally changing the subject. subtle

you are the one who brought up Kubiak not kicking the FG because of the fans being upset. Now I remember why I didn't engage with you previously. You are kinda incoherent. I'll leave you be.

Blake
10-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Wait, so why is the y in quotes?

Edit: And why is the first S capitalized?

HTown2ATX
10-17-2011, 01:07 PM

^^ = http://www.naturalherbalsreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/shake-weight-result.jpg

Blake
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM

Who doesn't take points when you are on the road? Especially against the Ravens.

Good post. I think it was a dumb decision too. Although I hesitate to call it the turning point. We still went into halftime only down 3 points. We scored 7 points in the 2nd half while giving up 16. What happened during halftime, I dont know. But the team that came out of the tunnel either didnt think they would win, or even that they could win.

Runner
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Wait, so why is the y in quotes?

Edit: And why is the first S capitalized?

1) "year" instead of the more standard "day"

2) probably type on a smartphone or tablet

thunderkyss
10-17-2011, 01:20 PM

I think that was the right call. I didn't care for that play, didn't care for the execution. But I liked the call.

You want Gary Kubiak to not be conservative? To take a risk? To tell his players, I believe in you? To give them an opportunity to earn your love..... that was it. That was our opportunity to pop them in the mouth.

Didn't happen.

But Wade's team came & answered the bell. Tim Jamison..... yup, Tim Jamison stepped up. Not those overpaid yahoos on offense, Tim Jamison manned up & got the ball back, all by himself. Stripped the ball, recovered the ball, gift wrapped a freak'n touchdown

& Even Steven's team almost gave that away.

Vinny
10-17-2011, 01:21 PM
I think that was the right call. I didn't care for that play, didn't care for the execution. But I liked the call.
why? Have you ever noticed that nearly every single coach you have ever watched has kicked a FG in this situation?

Blake
10-17-2011, 01:27 PM
why? Have you ever noticed that nearly every single coach you have ever watched has kicked a FG in this situation?

I agree with Vinny. You just dont see coaches passing up a 30 yard field goal in the first half when you are only down 7 with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Us getting the ball right back only proves that further. So instead of being up 10-7 we are tied 7-7.

And on top of that its not like we are that great in the red zone. Had we converted the 4th and 1 we still had 20 yards to go to cash in on the gamble. Had we been inside the 1 yard line that is a different story. In that situation you can take that risk because the payoff is 6 points. Not a first down with 20 yards to go for 6 points.

utahmark
10-17-2011, 01:37 PM
It was dumb to go for it and even more dumb to run the ball straight in to the strength of the Ravens defense on a short yardage play with our zone blocking offensive line. How many times had we converted on 3rd downs throwing the ball up untill that point?

I want Kubiak to be successful as much as anyone but dude does'nt seem to be improving as a head coach. Instead of doing the smart thing he just ran some play and "really wished with all his might" that somehow a first down would fall from the sky.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Well if you're tired of losing & you truly feel that way, go support a team that's winning...that'll save me from having to read your idiotic posts.

Or you could just grow a freaking pair and have thicker skin....or actually raise the freaking bar and expect more out of your team. How about that? Oh and the only post that's "idiotic" here is your's. It's completely idiotic to sit here and make excuse after excuse after excuse for why a man can't even look around a corner, much less get this team to turn one.

What y'all call "impatience", us "sane" people call insanity. You "sunshiners" are the biggest joke on this board. You attack fellow fans and hurl insult after insult at them for just pointing out the obvious. You tell them they're being "impatient" or you even tell them that "they don't deserve a team" (which is BY FAR the DUMBEST thing ever written on this board.). Well us "sane" people just look at y'all like your a bunch of loons...you're wanting to do the same thing year in and year out, but you expect different results...now what does that make you again?

Oh P.S.

Don't tell me to go follow another team.. Who are you to judge a person's fandom? You aren't special and you aren't a bigger fan than anyone else who posts on this board so get off your high horse.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2011, 01:44 PM

These people are morons :rolleyes: complete morons.

HTown2ATX
10-17-2011, 01:47 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j145/Jvchequer/944164-troll_obvious_super.jpg

I like when he posts this stuff lol. Reminds me of old Laurel and Hardy movies when some guy would slip on a banana peel and you'd hear a slide whistle lol.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2011, 01:48 PM

WELCOME TO EVERY OTHER MESSEAGE BOARD IN THE NFL. :vincepalm:

You're criticizing a city for doing the same crap that EVERY OTHER TEAM'S FANS DO...and it's just as moronic as the posts that you mention above.

thunderkyss
Well us "sane" people just look at y'all like your a bunch of loons...you're wanting to do the same thing year in and year out, but you expect different results...now what does that make you again?

Well, technically, you guys have been doing the same thing for the last 3 or 4 years... fire this, fire that, get rid of so & so, stop starting that guy, blah, blah, blah...

& nothing's changed. You expect different results every year... & it ain't happened yet.

So what does that make you again?

I personally don't see the point in getting that worked up about it. Kubiak's here, Jacoby's here, Matt Schaub, Rick Smith.... they ain't going nowhere.

Sit back & enjoy.

I never understood how people can get up & start drinking early... before noon. Now, I don't know how I make it to nine.

Wolf

yep, I screamed at the TV on that one.. "You take the points on the road "esp in the 1st quarter and in a game where I thought the scoring would be tough to come by

thunderkyss
10-17-2011, 01:49 PM
yep, I screamed at the TV on that one.. "You take the points on the road "esp in the 1st quarter and in a game where I thought the scoring would be tough to come by

I thought it was ballsy.

Vinny
10-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, technically, you guys have been doing the same thing for the last 3 or 4 years... fire this, fire that, get rid of so & so, stop starting that guy, blah, blah, blah...

& nothing's changed. You expect different results every year... & it ain't happened yet.

I personally don't see the point in getting that worked up about it. Kubiak's here, Jacoby's here, Matt Schaub, Rick Smith.... they ain't going nowhere.

Sit back & enjoy.

I never understood how people can get up & start drinking early... before noon. Now, I don't know how I make it to nine.exactly why they want change...nothing has changed. Kubiak took over a 6-10 team and 4 years later we have....a 6-10 team. Nothing has changed. exactamundo

Carr Bombed
10-17-2011, 01:51 PM
no...no its not.

yes...yes it is.

GuerillaBlack
10-17-2011, 01:54 PM
ITT sunshine pumpers continue to get proven wrong, but they still believe Kubiak will break through, despite jot having any evidence that that will happen.

fiasco west
10-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Or you could just grow a freaking pair and have thicker skin....or actually raise the freaking bar and expect more out of your team. How about that? Oh and the only post that's "idiotic" here is your's. It's completely idiotic to sit here and make excuse after excuse after excuse for why a man can't even look around a corner, much less get this team to turn one.

What y'all call "impatience", us "sane" people call insanity. You "sunshiners" are the biggest joke on this board. You attack fellow fans and hurl insult after insult at them for just pointing out the obvious. You tell them they're being "impatient" or you even tell them that "they don't deserve a team" (which is BY FAR the DUMBEST thing ever written on this board.). Well us "sane" people just look at y'all like your a bunch of loons...you're wanting to do the same thing year in and year out, but you expect different results...now what does that make you again?

Oh P.S.

Don't tell me to go follow another team.. Who are you to judge a person's fandom? You aren't special and you aren't a bigger fan than anyone else who posts on this board so get off your high horse.

I don't agree with stop following the team or moving the team but I find it funny how you say us 'sunshiners' are the ones calling people names yet that is all you do in this very post.

I rarely result to name calling and didn't do so, I merely make an observation from my experience with other fans. That is that they are generally impatient. I never called you impatient or anyone else.

I really don't understand sometimes why there is such a division on this board. Like you must pick a side when most everyone would like Kubiak and Smith replaced. But since some of us don't spit the same vitriol they are 'sunshiners' shame on the fans that aren't jumping off the wagon after losing the first game.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Sit back & enjoy.

I never understood how people can get up & start drinking early... before noon. Now, I don't know how I make it to nine.

Umm actually WE HAVEN'T...We've been saying FIRE KUBIAK for the last 2 or 3 seasons and that hasn't happened yet. That pink soap doesn't say "fire this, fire that, get rid of so & so, stop starting that guy, blah, blah, blah" club..

Stop bringing every single problem and negative thing said about this team into this thread and stick to the topic that this thread is about. Against popular belief, the "Fire Kubiak" club aren't the only people who have negative things to say about this team. Your post and your attempt to call me "insane" was a stretch at best.

Double Barrel
10-17-2011, 01:58 PM
what does winning have to do with us

The only part of your post that was relevant. :brando:

I could honestly care less if you want to be a so-called "grissled, cynical skeptic" (kinda' redundant, 'eh?), or a cheerleader with rainbows shooting out of your butt.

The fact that you try to go postal on fans who are not quite as satisfied with perpetual mediocrity as you seem to be says a lot about your mentality more than anything else.

Do you know what a top 10 offense that can't win games gets at the end of the season?

HTown2ATX
10-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Do you know what a top 10 offense that can't win games gets at the end of the season?

For us....an extension for Kubes....... :kubepalm:

Carr Bombed
10-17-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't agree with stop following the team or moving the team but I find it funny how you say us 'sunshiners' are the ones calling people names yet that is all you do in this very post.

I rarely result to name calling and didn't do so, I merely make an observation from my experience with other fans. That is that they are generally impatient. I never called you impatient or anyone else.

I really don't understand sometimes why there is such a division on this board. Like you must pick a side when most everyone would like Kubiak and Smith replaced. But since some of us don't spit the same vitriol they are 'sunshiners' shame on the fans that aren't jumping off the wagon after losing the first game.

Yeah I do call people names...after i'm insulted and have people call me names first and frankly when someone tries to tell me how I don't "deserve" a team, are too "impatient", or how we don't "support" a team that I (and fans everywhere) have loyalty supported for a freaking decade, I find that insulting. It is by far the stupidest and most moronic thing ever written on this board. Guess what, when someone says something that stupid, people are going to call them on it.

Vinny
10-17-2011, 02:03 PM
The only part of your post that was relevant. :brando:

I could honestly care less if you want to be a so-called "grissled, cynical skeptic" (kinda' redundant, 'eh?), or a cheerleader with rainbows shooting out of your butt.

The fact that you try to go postal on fans who are not quite as satisfied with perpetual mediocrity as you seem to be says a lot about your mentality more than anything else.

Do you know what a top 10 offense that can't win games gets at the end of the season?Oakland, Houston, SD, NY Giants, and Dallas had top 10 offenses last season. You know what else they have in common? None of those teams made the playoffs.

Honoring Earl 34
10-17-2011, 02:05 PM
exactly why they want change...nothing has changed. Kubiak took over a 6-10 team and 4 years later we have....a 6-10 team. Nothing has changed. exactamundo

Having smiling faces on billboards or swell guys as coach is killing us . When was Drew Brees signed by the Saints ? When was Aaron Rodgers drafted by Green Bay ? Who has been head coach the longest Kubiak , McCarthy , or Payton . How long should it take for a franchise to get going ? How long can you sit there with 14 and not take another card ?

fiasco west
10-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah I do call people names...after i'm insulted and have people call me names first and frankly when someone tries to tell me how I don't "deserve" a team or how we don't "support" a team that I (and fans everywhere) have loyalty supported for a freaking decade, I find that insulting. It is by far the stupidest and most moronic thing ever written on this board. Guess what, when someone says something that stupid, people are going to call them on it.

Well I agree with you on that.

All the 'This city doesn't deserve the team' or us not supporting the team is BS.
I think fans are the last ones that should take the blame for the Texans failures. The fans here are eager to create a tradition here but the Texans always give them nothing to be happy about.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Damn I'm beginning to think the Texans' P.R. department is bank rolling some of the posters here. I've never seen people so willing to defend failure in my life.

I'm telling you, this has to be the case. It's the only thing that explains some of the delusion around here.

Double Barrel
10-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Oakland, Houston, SD, NY Giants, and Dallas had top 10 offenses last season. You know what else they have in common? None of those teams made the playoffs.

There ya' go again you...you...balloon popper! :pop:

ObsiWan
10-17-2011, 02:42 PM

Now this is a post I can respect; and even agree with.
This is football talk.

I'm in total agreement with you because I was scratching my head when they decided to go for it. I mean, damn, it was still early in the game, midway the 2nd qtr as I recall, and we were only down one score, so why not get the points on the road?

I was thinking, "Okay, here's where we spring that play where Foster fakes the plunge into the line while O.D. sneaks into the end zone scott free like he did against the Steelers. This is gonna be great", I thought. We pull off a little bit of trickeration right here and that should take some of the aggressiveness out of their defense.

I don't know which I'm pissed about more, not taking the points or the play that was called. No. It's the play call. If they had tried the play action fake into the line and O.D. was covered, I'd could see that. But to run right at the best D-line in the AFC?

...and that early in the game?

Dumb.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Now this is a post I can respect; and even agree with.
This is football talk.

I'm in total agreement with you because I was scratching my head when they decided to go for it. I mean, damn, it was still early in the game, midway the 2nd qtr as I recall, and we were only down one score, so why not get the points on the road?

I was thinking, "Okay, here's where we spring that play where Foster fakes the plunge into the line while O.D. sneaks into the end zone scott free like he did against the Steelers. This is gonna be great", I thought. We pull off a little bit of trickeration right here and that should take some of the aggressiveness out of their defense.

I don't know which I'm pissed about more, not taking the points or the play that was called. No. It's the play call. If they had tried the play action fake into the line and O.D. was covered, I'd could see that. But to run right at the best D-line in the AFC?

...and that early in the game?

Dumb.

It's a reoccurring theme with this HC.

ObsiWan
10-17-2011, 02:50 PM
I thought it was ballsy.

As I said in another post, I wasn't as pissed about the decision to go for it as I was about the decision to try and embarrass the Ravens in their own house by running it up the middle. Up to that point we hadn't gained more than 3 yds a pop - mostly 1 or "no gain" - on the ground.

I was expecting a fake plunge then toss to Dreessen or O.D. like we did to the Steelers.

thunderkyss
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM
As I said in another post, I wasn't as pissed about the decision to go for it as I was about the decision to try and embarrass the Ravens in their own house by running it up the middle. Up to that point we hadn't gained more than 3 yds a pop - mostly 1 or "no gain" - on the ground.

I was expecting a fake plunge then toss to Dreessen or O.D. like we did to the Steelers.

Same.... didn't care for the mano y mano play. Expected a little trickeration (as you said).

Runner
10-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Frankly I'd have been happy with the field goal OR going for it. Three fairly probable points would have been nice. However, going for it and putting some fire in the offense (had they made it) was worth the risk too.

I can't just point to one play and say, "There! Bad coaching" to support my belief Kubiak is holding the team back. It is the past five years in total that indicate to me the team lacks direction (a leadership function) and is not improving in one area without regressing in another.

steelbtexan
10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
The most troubling the is Garys teams only play 2qtrs of football at most.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2011, 08:51 PM
The most troubling the is Garys teams only play 2qtrs of football at most.

Yep and unlike last season...we know which half they don't show up for. Last season you didn't know if this team was going to disappear in the first half or the second half...well this season it has exclusively been the second half. Their 2nd half scoring differential has been a absolute joke and is embarrassing.. All of that can be chalked up to halftime adjustments which reflects squarely on the head coach.

gary
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Fans have coach Phillips to look forward to next year.

Lucky
10-17-2011, 09:39 PM
It is the past five years in total that indicate to me the team lacks direction (a leadership function) and is not improving in one area without regressing in another.

Yep and unlike last season...we know which half they don't show up for. Last season you didn't know if this team was going to disappear in the first half or the second half...well this season it has exclusively been the second half. Their 2nd half scoring differential has been a absolute joke and is embarrassing.. All of that can be chalked up to halftime adjustments which reflects squarely on the head coach.

Last year, the Texans averaged around 8 points in the 1st half, 16 in the 2nd. It's been reversed this season, with 16 points in the opening half, 7 after halftime. Fix one thing, something else breaks. What remains the same is that this team floats around the .500 mark.

Maddict5
10-18-2011, 03:23 AM
you are the one who brought up Kubiak not kicking the FG because of the fans being upset. Now I remember why I didn't engage with you previously. You are kinda incoherent. I'll leave you be.

ha i never said anything about kubiak going for it because of the fans.
seriouly my post is below since you seem to have trouble remembering. where did i say that? i said the whiners wouldve whined if he had kicked the fg there so. thats all.

Id call you the incoherent one but i see what you're doing. always changing the subject, even making up fake arguments im supposedly making, cos you cant back up what we're already posting about. thats why you'll leave me be. go back to your 'everything sucks' tug party. no questions asked there

HTown2ATX
10-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Fans have coach Phillips to look forward to next year.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gun: x 100

TdotTexas2Step
10-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Just want to say that I support the logic of taking the 3 in that situation.

However, I'm thinking Kubiak wanted to go for it because of a couple reasons:

1. Our offense was struggling to stay on schedule. And when that happens against the Ravens, you're going to be in trouble. Too many 3rd and long scenarios. Approaching the redzone, maybe they wanted to get another set of downs to see if they could capitalize on 7.

2. Baltimores' first drive was flawless. Yes, we got to Flacco a bunch of times, but make no mistake about it, Baltimore was confident in what they wanted to accomplish.

3. Both teams were conducting long drives. Baltimore doing it the more comfortable way, while we did it by converting on a few 3rd and longs. With Baltimore getting the ball at half, perhaps the possibility of being down 14-3 at half was deemed concerning.

Again, I too would have gone for 3, but after thinking about it, there are a couple "logical" reasons as to why they went for it.

Texecutioner
10-18-2011, 11:38 AM

THis is the kind of thing that is just laughable "support the coach at all cost even over the team" rhetoric. It's obvious at this point that anyone who would suggest stuff like this is more of a fan Kubiak than they are of the actual franchise and the team. The Texans franchise is one of the most successful franchises in all of sports throughout all of these bad years that were very embarrassing in a lot of ways, and the fans are still here and rooting them on, even when they know the HC is their downfall. You're here at every turn to dispell any fact or piece of history and try to paint it as something else as if it didn't happen, and lash out at fans that are actually invested in this team. There is two fundamental differences here. You guys root for a coach, while others root for a team.

And this statement says everything I need to know about what you want and support. Fans criticize a HC in his 6th season, and for that you'd like to see the team get moved. That's you in a nutshell.

El Tejano
10-18-2011, 11:59 AM

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/284138.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0EDEA1D4919F24AC680 284831B75F48EF45

Hey, leave me alone. Why you bringing up my name in this? I wasn't hurting anyone!

Signed,

Wayne Fontes

Vinny
10-18-2011, 12:16 PM

I see more of a Marty Mornhinweg. Offensive guru, clueless defensively, teams couldn't "finish" because they were always putting out fires and the teams were not situationally aware. Always the smartest guy in the room.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iUK4f9FEdHM/S2D6hRYRMOI/AAAAAAAABUM/V0pEn60VeXw/s320/g_mornhinweg_i.jpg
One of the greatest moments in recent NFL history occurred on November 24, 2002, when the Detroit Lions battled the Chicago Bears for 60 minutes, only have the score knotted at 17. Erstwhile Lions coach Marty Mornhinweg sent out his team captain with one instruction--no matter what happens with the coin toss, take the wind. The Lions won the toss, took the wind, and all of America was stunned. The Lions went on to lose in OT. Since then, no coach has ever taken the wind.

HTown2ATX
10-18-2011, 12:27 PM
THis is the kind of thing that is just laughable "support the coach at all cost even over the team" rhetoric. It's obvious at this point that anyone who would suggest stuff like this is more of a fan Kubiak than they are of the actual franchise and the team. The Texans franchise is one of the most successful franchises in all of sports throughout all of these bad years that were very embarrassing in a lot of ways, and the fans are still here and rooting them on, even when they know the HC is their downfall. You're here at every turn to dispell any fact or piece of history and try to paint it as something else as if it didn't happen, and lash out at fans that are actually invested in this team. There is two fundamental differences here. You guys root for a coach, while others root for a team.

And this statement says everything I need to know about what you want and support. Fans criticize a HC in his 6th season, and for that you'd like to see the team get moved. That's you in a nutshell.

hahaha....when people post that kind of stuff you just have to envision it as like a Laurel and Hardy or 3 Stooges skit where someone slips on a banana peel and you hear the old slide whistle.....it's just so bad it's funny!!

http://turnpagenow.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/laurel-and-hardy-in-tit-for-tat.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cSZ0zEIU6OQ/Tm1DXGxVIFI/AAAAAAAABhU/OaOcqzrkgZw/s1600/3_Stooges_Football.jpg

http://andersonsportsllc.com/slide-rdz.jpg

Mr teX
10-18-2011, 12:53 PM

Once again...shut up trying to pyschoanalyze my posts b/c your reading comprehension is still pretty freakin' awful. Nowhere in any of my posts over the last umpteen whatever will you find anything that has me supporting Gary Kubiak as our head coach anymore. Nowhere. What you will find is support for OUR TEAM REGARDLESS OF WHO OUR HC IS. That's a big difference buddy. See unlike you & a few others, i want to see this team successful regardless of the situation, whereas your bum ass just chooses to basically give up & have this defeatist attitude. & why? b/c you didn't get your way the past few offseasons.

Instead of coming in here every week whining about what our team won't do with him as HC, i choose to come in here and talk about what our team can do despite him. I'm sorry, that doesn't meet your criteria for super duper fandom. Either way though, you can kiss my ass if you don't like what i have to say.

BigBull17
10-18-2011, 12:55 PM
How are you a shitty fan to not like one of the worst head coaches in the NFL? He is awful. I cannot think of a worse coach. Maybe Del Rio, but he would be better here. They have no talent.

HTown2ATX
10-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Once again...shut up trying to pyschoanalyze my posts b/c your reading comprehension is still pretty freakin' awful. Nowhere in any of my posts over the last umpteen whatever will you find anything that has me supporting Gary Kubiak as our head coach anymore. Nowhere. What you will find is support for OUR TEAM REGARDLESS OF WHO OUR HC IS. That's a big difference buddy. See unlike you & a few others, i want to see this team successful regardless of the situation, whereas your bum ass just chooses to basically give up & have this defeatist attitude. & why? b/c you didn't get your way the past few offseasons.

Instead of coming in here every week whining about what our team won't do with him as HC, i choose to come in here and talk about what our team can do despite him. I'm sorry, that doesn't meet your criteria for super duper fandom. Either way though, you can kiss my ass if you don't like what i have to say.

It's cool with me if you are more of a half glass full guy in regards to the team aside from the coach. But comments like.....

......Comes off as more than just supporting the team through thick and thin. I don't think anyone here wants to see the Texans lose, I sure as hell don't, but I'm not going to not call out the team, coach, owner as I see it.

Mr teX
10-18-2011, 01:50 PM
It's cool with me if you are more of a half glass full guy in regards to the team aside from the coach. But comments like.....

......Comes off as more than just supporting the team through thick and thin. I don't think anyone here wants to see the Texans lose, I sure as hell don't, but I'm not going to not call out the team, coach, owner as I see it.

It's never been about supporting kubiak with me, it's been more about winning whatever the situation....period.

& I'm not so sure about this bolded part simply b/c i just heard Granato & some other co-host on 1560 discussing this very topic this morning i believe with a caller....

"my fear is that the texans back into the playoffs this year as a result of a terrible division & we retain the same mediocore/garbage coaching staff."

Later, on 790, the exact same day, matt & adam had a caller that brought up the exact same topic & to me, that's just terrible.

As if to say our playoff appearance wouldn't count just b/c we're in a garbage division. Yet when people talk of these great coaches around the league that they'd take over Kubiak b/c they made the playoffs or have seemingly turned their teams around (morris, schwartz, harbaugh even sparano a few years back) none of that is brought up...the bottom line is u beat who is in front of you & however you get in doesn't matter.

Then it seems these days that every single damn thread that pops up, the topic gets turned into a "kubiak is shit" conversation. Ditto for the sports radio around here. This town's fans have become 1 tracked & infatuated with getting rid of our terrible HC...even if it means to miss out on accomplishing something we've yet to do...Imo its rivaling the Reggie Bush/VY/Mario nonsense from 2006 - 08.

maybe that was too strong of statement, but from someone on the outside looking in, what would you think besides the obvious "they really hate their coach don't they"?

HTown2ATX
10-18-2011, 02:03 PM
It's never been about supporting kubiak with me, it's been more about winning whatever the situation....period.

& I'm not so sure about this bolded part simply b/c i just heard Granato & some other co-host on 1560 discussing this very topic this morning i believe with a caller....

"my fear is that the texans back into the playoffs this year as a result of a terrible division & we retain the same mediocore/garbage coaching staff."

Later, on 790, the exact same day, matt & adam had a caller that brought up the exact same topic & to me, that's just terrible.

As if to say our playoff appearance wouldn't count just b/c we're in a garbage division. Yet when people talk of these great coaches around the league that they'd take over Kubiak b/c they made the playoffs or have seemingly turned their teams around (morris, schwartz, harbaugh even sparano a few years back) none of that is brought up...the bottom line is u beat who is in front of you & however you get in doesn't matter.

Then it seems these days that every single damn thread that pops up, the topic gets turned into a "kubiak is shit" conversation. Ditto for the sports radio around here. This town's fans have become 1 tracked & infatuated with getting rid of our terrible HC...even if it means to miss out on accomplishing something we've yet to do...Imo its rivaling the Reggie Bush/VY/Mario nonsense from 2006 - 08.

maybe that was too strong of statement, but from someone on the outside looking in, what would you think besides the obvious "they really hate their coach don't they"?

Well, people who would rather not make the playoffs at all to get rid of Kubiak, that is ridiculous IMO and obviously so. I want to make the playoffs BUT I will say that should we back into it by beating only shitty teams in a shitty division, I don't have much faith that we would win a game in the playoffs and I would like to get there and win, not just get there you know. The goal is a Super Bowl at some point.

So I can see the fear in basically getting a ticket to the playoffs basically as a default division winner only b/c we didn't suck as bad as the other teams in the division and then getting creamed and Kubiak staying. Because let's face it, McNair is looking for ANY reason to keep Kubiak and you know he is, deep down we all know it.

Having said that, I will state right now that I want to get to the playoffs and win NOW! But Kubiak should have been long gone years ago and I fear will continue to be an albatross around the Texans necks.

Texecutioner
10-18-2011, 06:06 PM

You said that fans in this city don't even deserve a winner, so there really is nothing you can come back with at this point to justify yourself as a Texans fan. You have a bitter hatred for the HOuston Texans fan base to even suggest something like that, and the only reason you're doing it is because people are complaining about the coach who continues to fail, so spare me with the bullshit about not supporting the coach when there are dozens of posts for several years now where you have blindly done that, screamed at people and been dead wrong in the end at what you claimed they shouldn't have complained about or criticized. You're so bitter about it now that you're suggesting that fans don't even deserve a winner here after nothing but losing seasons that were full potential. Some of them any way. So find another team to root for or another fan base to align yourself with then. No one asked you to chime into Carr Bombed's thread in the first place. You went there on your own to spit fire against those who were unhappy about the way this team is being ran.

TheMatrix31
10-18-2011, 06:12 PM
How are you a shitty fan to not like one of the worst head coaches in the NFL? He is awful. I cannot think of a worse coach. Maybe Del Rio, but he would be better here. They have no talent.

Kubiak is a bad coach, but if you think he's the worst head coach in the NFL, then you're not very bright. Sorry.

Sparano, Fox, Del Rio just to name a few. Not to mention all these random guys like "Pat Shurmur" who's already being run out of Cleveland. Todd Haley is a bad coach (don't anyone DARE give me bullshit about Charles/Berry being out), Lovie Smith has been to the NFCC and a Super Bowl but talk to any Bears fan and they hate him, his game management, and want him out. Marvin Lewis has led a team of straight up idiots and criminals despite his couple years of "success". Other than that, he's been a complete failure and he's been around since like 2002. He's much better as a coordinator. Steve Spagnuolo is a bad coach too.

So Kubiak is definitely not a top-tier coach, and he's not the guy to take our team to the level we want to go to, and he should have been fired after 2009 Failures, but please, good lord, let's not say stupid shit.

Rey
10-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Kubiak is a bad coach, but if you think he's the worst head coach in the NFL, then you're not very bright. Sorry.

Sparano, Fox, Del Rio just to name a few. Not to mention all these random guys like "Pat Shurmur" who's already being run out of Cleveland. Todd Haley is a bad coach (don't anyone DARE give me bullshit about Charles/Berry being out), Lovie Smith has been to the NFCC and a Super Bowl but talk to any Bears fan and they hate him, his game management, and want him out. Marvin Lewis has led a team of straight up idiots and criminals despite his couple years of "success". Other than that, he's been a complete failure and he's been around since like 2002. He's much better as a coordinator. Steve Spagnuolo is a bad coach too.

So Kubiak is definitely not a top-tier coach, and he's not the guy to take our team to the level we want to go to, and he should have been fired after 2009 Failures, but please, good lord, let's not say stupid shit.

The quote says one of the worst?

What are you reading?

steelbtexan
10-18-2011, 08:13 PM

Yet, all of the HC's you've mentioned have taken over bad teams and made the playoffs. Except Spags and a 1st yr guy Shurmur.

After 6 yrs we're still waiting and hoping that this is the yr Gary will lead his kids to the playoffs. So is Gary really a better HC than the HC's that you listed.

steelbtexan
10-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Is it really wrong for the fans to question the three stooges? (BoBBy,Rick,Gary) After 6 yrs of failure?

Mr. Tex you've got it wrong. Texans fans are very loyal (Check out the Forbes list of most valuable sports franchises) They're just getting tired of SOS every yr and BoBBy blowing smoke up their butts.

gary
10-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I am just afraid of a huge player turnover with a new coach and there does not have to be.

Vinny
10-18-2011, 10:18 PM
I am just afraid of a huge player turnover with a new coach and there does not have to be.
don't worry, we no longer have an expansion team quality roster...we actually have some talent. You only need to clean house when you have a lot of garbage laying around.

gary
10-18-2011, 11:00 PM
I have not thought the players are the problem for awhile.

TheMatrix31
10-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Yet, all of the HC's you've mentioned have taken over bad teams and made the playoffs. Except Spags and a 1st yr guy Shurmur.

After 6 yrs we're still waiting and hoping that this is the yr Gary will lead his kids to the playoffs. So is Gary really a better HC than the HC's that you listed.

Yep. All you have to do is watch their games to know why I say they're still worse despite having playoff appearances in years past.

Just like how even if Kubiak gets into the payoffs this year, he'll still be a bad coach.

Hell, Norv Turner gets into the playoffs but he's a BAD coach who Charger fans ****ing loathe.

Lucky
10-19-2011, 06:23 AM
...but please, good lord, let's not say stupid shit.
Saying that Kubiak is a better head coach than Lewis, Lovie, Fox, Haley, or Del Rio is about as stupid as it gets. All have accomplished more than Kubiak. All of them. But hey, don't let facts get in the way when labeling something stupid.

TheMatrix31
10-19-2011, 10:23 AM
That doesn't mean the slightest shit when you're talking the state of those teams right now. And in the case of a guy like Fox who's only been there this year, look no further than what happened on his way out in Carolina.

If anything, if you want to talk about state right now, then Lewis is the best off. After 8 years of leading criminals and misfits and finally waking up to get better players.

DexmanC
10-19-2011, 11:17 AM
That doesn't mean the slightest shit when you're talking the state of those teams right now. And in the case of a guy like Fox who's only been there this year, look no further than what happened on his way out in Carolina.

If anything, if you want to talk about state right now, then Lewis is the best off. After 8 years of leading criminals and misfits and finally waking up to get better players.

You're only using the "state of right now" to defend Kubiak. Your defense
of Kubiak, and the reason why, is the real question.

I'm a Texans fan, and can clearly see Kubiak is the main hinderance
to my team's success. I simply do not understand the fanatic defense
of Gary Kubiak's tenure with this team.

Mr teX
10-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Is it really wrong for the fans to question the three stooges? (BoBBy,Rick,Gary) After 6 yrs of failure?

Mr. Tex you've got it wrong. Texans fans are very loyal (Check out the Forbes list of most valuable sports franchises) They're just getting tired of SOS every yr and BoBBy blowing smoke up their butts.

Geezus....people keep bringing this up like it means a whole lot in the scope of fandom & it really doesn't. All it takes into account are those fans who spend money on the franchise & that's it. what about those that don't have the money to but still root for the team as feverishly as the one who holds a PSL? IOW, fans like me.

But for the sake of argument, lets use you & apparently a few others' logic in here. So, the texans being ranked as the 10th most profitable franchise in the world means that our fan base is better than the phillies @ 50, the lakers @ 48, the cubs @ 42 & the boston freakin' red sox @ 31.... I think we know the answer to this....a resounding no. If it was so great, we'd be seeing "ESPN Houston" u know, like the above named teams have. Furthermore, texans fans are pretty animated, but no where near as passionate & rabid red sox fans.

Yes, the fans have an impact on how profitable a franchise is but it's just 1 piece to the puzzle folks. Besides, this list taken back in 2008 isn't so complimentary & we haven't changed much since from a W-L perspective to change anything.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3549147

Kthx
10-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Stadium factor (St.): Loud? Great atmosphere?
Live and die factor (LDF): Fans take loss hard? (That's a good thing.)
Traveling road show factor (Travel): Big presence in other guys' stadium?
Loyalty when team sucks (Loyal): You score points with us if you stick with a loser.
Hate factor (Hate): Other teams' fans dislike your fans? (Hate is good in our book.)
Tailgate factor (TG): Home tailgates sizzling or stale?
Home fans' creativity (CF): Wacky ideas or not?

-----

Yeah but that article.. I mean its like in preseason when the Texans got ranked 30th in "uniforms" by some clothing designer.. who cares.

I don't think any computer program can realistically state how good a teams fans are. Oh man the signs and outfits we wear to games are a 3 we suck.

Mr teX
10-19-2011, 02:18 PM
• Stadium factor (St.): Loud? Great atmosphere?
• Live and die factor (LDF): Fans take loss hard? (That's a good thing.)
• Traveling road show factor (Travel): Big presence in other guys' stadium?
• Loyalty when team sucks (Loyal): You score points with us if you stick with a loser.
• Hate factor (Hate): Other teams' fans dislike your fans? (Hate is good in our book.)
• Tailgate factor (TG): Home tailgates sizzling or stale?
• Home fans' creativity (CF): Wacky ideas … or not?

-----

Yeah but that article.. I mean its like in preseason when the Texans got ranked 30th in "uniforms" by some clothing designer.. who cares.

I don't think any computer program can realistically state how good a teams fans are. Oh man the signs and outfits we wear to games are a 3 we suck.

I agree...which is why the whole forbes list argument is weak. Steeler fans came in here & straight took over reliant stadium......twice. a great fans doesn't let that happen under any circumstances.

VY playing for a rival team, running a game winning TD in to beat us & what do many fans in attendance do? Cheer. that's not what great fan bases do. The minute that bum put on a titans jersey he should've been public enemy #1 for all texans fans.

silvrhand
10-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey guys what's going on in this thread..

- more throwing KJ under the bus
- more arguing about how much Gary sucks
- more arguing

:pursefight:

:popcorn:

Grams
10-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey guys what's going on in this thread..

- more throwing KJ under the bus
- more arguing about how much Gary sucks
- more arguing

:pursefight:

:popcorn:

That is what goes on in every thread at some point.

TheMatrix31
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Geezus....people keep bringing this up like it means a whole lot in the scope of fandom & it really doesn't. All it takes into account are those fans who spend money on the franchise & that's it. what about those that don't have the money to but still root for the team as feverishly as the one who holds a PSL? IOW, fans like me.

But for the sake of argument, lets use you & apparently a few others' logic in here. So, the texans being ranked as the 10th most profitable franchise in the world means that our fan base is better than the phillies @ 50, the lakers @ 48, the cubs @ 42 & the boston freakin' red sox @ 31.... I think we know the answer to this....a resounding no. If it was so great, we'd be seeing "ESPN Houston" u know, like the above named teams have. Furthermore, texans fans are pretty animated, but no where near as passionate & rabid red sox fans.

Yes, the fans have an impact on how profitable a franchise is but it's just 1 piece to the puzzle folks. Besides, this list taken back in 2008 isn't so complimentary & we haven't changed much since from a W-L perspective to change anything.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3549147

Agree with your point, but don't put Laker fans in there. The Lakers have the most illiterate, unintelligent, frustratingly infuriating fanbase out there. They are awful, clueless, and delusional. They don't know anything about the sport, and most "root" for the Lakers because its the trend. The worst and most insufferable fanbase in North American professional sports, and I don't think it's even close.

Kthx
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Dunno.. don't you have Saints fans in your part of Houston? Nothing like finding out 1/4 of Houston were Saints Fans and having to see random cars all over the place all start having saints flag antenna balls and stuff.

gary
10-19-2011, 06:29 PM
The Texans have the players to win now hopefully by the time they are ready to fire Gary and Rick these players won't be too old to do anything.

Lucky
10-19-2011, 06:30 PM
First, let me remind everyone to not get personal. Comment on the topic. Attack the post, not the poster.

Fox took the Panthers to the playoffs 3 times in 9 seasons. They went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd season as head coach. And he absolutely deserved to get the axe we he got it. Good coaches get fired, as well as bad coaches. Then, there's the Kurious Kase of Kubiak....

TheMatrix31
10-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Yep. Exactly what I'm saying. Just because a coach has spotty success doesn't mean much if you look at how they or their teams are doing right now.

As for Kubiak, well, I can only shake my head. I'm sure he'll get another HC job after a while, but he might have to go back to being OC for a bit.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2011, 07:23 PM

C'mon man!! You're better than that! Or so I thought.

Going into this season and looking at the schedule, I had us 4-2 (at best) and 3-3 (at worst). My swing game was the Raiders game (yes, I had us beating Pitt) because unlike myopic NFL fans I knew the Raiders weren't that bad.

Oh well, it's no wonder I haven't been posting much lately.

gary
10-19-2011, 07:29 PM
So just how much longer should Kubiak get?

Texan_Bill
10-19-2011, 07:37 PM
So just how much longer should Kubiak get?

That's the dumb thing. You don't put a set limit.

Many a people around here coveted Jeff Fisher. He led the Houston / Tenessee Oilers / Tennessee Ttians to 6 playoff appearances in 16 years. He had a massive losing playoff record. Yet these morons around here coveted him? Really?

Stupid.

Kubiak is out (and rightfully so) if:
A) Texans don't win the AFC South.
B) Texans get in, and as a (the 4th divisional winner with the worst record of the 4, translated: a home game against a wild card team) gets bounced.
C) If the Texans actually win "B)" above and go into the second round and get bounced in a slaughter (i.e. 34-17 or 31-10, etc.).

gary
10-19-2011, 07:50 PM
That's the dumb thing. You don't put a set limit.

Many a people around here coveted Jeff Fisher. He led the Houston / Tenessee Oilers / Tennessee Ttians to 6 playoff appearances in 16 years. He had a massive losing playoff record. Yet these morons around here coveted him? Really?

Stupid.

B) Texans get in, and as a (the 4th divisional winner with the worst record of the 4, translated: a home game against a wild card team) gets bounced.
C) If the Texans actually win "B)" above and go into the second round and get bounced in a slaughter (i.e. 34-17 or 31-10, etc.).How about they make the playoffs with an 8-8 record?

Carr Bombed
10-19-2011, 09:06 PM
C'mon man!! You're better than that! Or so I thought.

Going into this season and looking at the schedule, I had us 4-2 (at best) and 3-3 (at worst). My swing game was the Raiders game (yes, I had us beating Pitt) because unlike myopic NFL fans I knew the Raiders weren't that bad.

Oh well, it's no wonder I haven't been posting much lately.

Texan Bill, it really has NOTHING to do with the record...it's how we keep losing games in the same fashion. The HC is showing no improvement and he's not learning from past mistakes. Year in and year out he still struggles to manage a clock, consistently shows he's incompetent with his challenges, and his teams still can't find a way to shut the door in the 4th quarter/2nd half.

Yes, before the season started, if you told me that we'd be sitting here 3-3 after the start of our schedule, I wouldn't be that upset. However after watching the games and knowing we had a lead in the 4th quarter against the Saints, Raiders, and were in a very close game against the Ravens...I'm upset and do not trust this coach at all. He can't shut the door on anyone and simply is incapable of coaching his teams to any big wins. A 1-18 all time record against winning teams on the road is flat out ridiculous, embarrassing, and can not be ignored or written off as a "coincedence"....now how are we supposed to win in the playoffs with him even if we get there with a proven track record like that? (In the NFL you'll be hard pressed to find a more "proven track record" than a career 1-18 anything)

I'm sorry I let you down Bill, but it is what it is and every year I feel like while the stats we put up may change (offensively and defensively), the way the team loses games, finds a way to come up short, or the way they can never play consistent football from one week to another never does. It is the SSDY with me and sorry, but I can't bring myself to think otherwise until He finally proves it out on the field and in the win/loss column. 6 years in and with his track record, Kubiak doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2011, 09:21 PM
*BREAKING NEWS: MATT SCHAUB IS NOT BRADY, MANNING, BREES or ROGERS!!*

If you come to acceptance of that AND go into the season with an expectation of 4-2 or 3-3 after the first six games, what are you so pissed off about? I just don't get it...

Aj's down.. Mario is down (although, I believe the drop-off with bringing in Reed) is not that bad or that much of a drop-off, but throw in losing James Casey hurts..... It hurts a lot to the offense. Vickers can't do what JC can do...

Blah, blah, blah!!! Yada, yada yada!!

END of the SEASON....... Texans are, at worst 10-6 and at best 11-5....

Texan_Bill
10-19-2011, 09:22 PM
How about they make the playoffs with an 8-8 record?

Thay make the playoffs with a 10-6 record.................... AT WORST!!!!

Texan_Bill
10-19-2011, 09:23 PM
First, let me remind everyone to not get personal. Comment on the topic. Attack the post, not the poster.

Fox took the Panthers to the playoffs 3 times in 9 seasons. They went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd season as head coach. And he absolutely deserved to get the axe we he got it. Good coaches get fired, as well as bad coaches. Then, there's the Kurious Kase of Kubiak....

NEVER PERSONAL!! You POS Sumbitch!!!!

I kid, I kid!! :D

Vinnie
10-19-2011, 09:32 PM

Maybe reading into this too much?

Carr Bombed
10-19-2011, 09:35 PM
*BREAKING NEWS: MATT SCHAUB IS NOT BRADY, MANNING, BREES or ROGERS!!*

If you come to acceptance of that AND go into the season with an expectation of 4-2 or 3-3 after the first six games, what are you so pissed off about? I just don't get it...

Aj's down.. Mario is down (although, I believe the drop-off with bringing in Reed) is not that bad or that much of a drop-off, but throw in losing James Casey hurts..... It hurts a lot to the offense. Vickers can't do what JC can do...

Blah, blah, blah!!! Yada, yada yada!!

END of the SEASON....... Texans are, at worst 10-6 and at best 11-5....

Umm, who the hell ever said Schaub was Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rodgers? Seriously I don't even know why you're mentioning those four. 12 teams make the playoffs every single season...that means every single season 8 teams do it without starting Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rodgers. :rolleyes:

Oh and teams have injuries every single season as well. Not having Mario and A.J isn't the reason why we gave up a lead against the Saints and lost that game and that isn't a excuse for losing against the Raiders at home either.

So it's your argument that EVERYTHING under the sun has to go perfect in order for Kubiak to get a fair shot at this "head coaching thingie" or for us to finally be able to judge him without being "bad fans"? He has to have a HOF QB in order to compete and can't have a team that suffers any injuries? That doesn't even make sense, because that simply is not going to happen in this league. Good coaches should be judged on how they handle and get their team through adversity. If a 1-18 road record against winning teams doesn't slap you in the face and let you know your coach can't handle adversity, then nothing will. I swear, it's just a Rolodex of excuses with this coach.

I sure hope you are right though Bill..I would love to see this team go to the playoffs sometime soon. I want to see my team able to compete when we get there also.. in order to do that you have to be able to pull off big wins against quality competition and big wins on the road against quality competition.

Lucky
10-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Maybe reading into this too much?
You are. I just like to use K's with Kubiak.

Lucky
10-19-2011, 09:43 PM
He's back. With an extension. Come on, you know Bob is keeping Kubes. I'm not even going to entertain the idea that he might get canned. I know better, now.

Kaiser Toro
10-19-2011, 09:47 PM
You are. I just like to use K's with Kubiak.

K-K-K-Kubiak is c-c-c-coming to k-k-k-kill me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAgLhr6sHtc

gary
10-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Thay make the playoffs with a 10-6 record.................... AT WORST!!!!Five more losses certainly is not a stretch for this team.

thunderkyss
10-20-2011, 03:12 AM
C) If the Texans actually win "B)" above and go into the second round and get bounced in a slaughter (i.e. 34-17 or 31-10, etc.).

I thought he was pretty clear.

thunderkyss
10-20-2011, 03:25 AM
It is the SSDY with me and sorry, but I can't bring myself to think otherwise until He finally proves it out on the field and in the win/loss column. 6 years in and with his track record, Kubiak doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

Understand, & I agree Kubiak doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

But we're bitching about games we haven't lost yet. We're bitching because we won't win the division. We're bitching about losing play-off games we aren't even going to be in.

There's got to be a place in between.

DexmanC
10-20-2011, 10:02 AM

People are pissed because no record happens in a vacuum. This team
has stubbed its own toe in two of its 3 losses, and has only beaten
ONE team that has ANY WINS all year.

People are pissed because we're going into Tennessee UNSURE if this
team can beat them AT Tennessee. The season has begun, so people
are judging the team by what they see RIGHT NOW. Teams are good
or bad not because of their names, but of what they do ON THE FIELD
during THE ACTUAL SEASON.

TejasTom
10-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Texan Bill, it really has NOTHING to do with the record...it's how we keep losing games in the same fashion. The HC is showing no improvement and he's not learning from past mistakes. Year in and year out he still struggles to manage a clock, consistently shows he's incompetent with his challenges, and his teams still can't find a way to shut the door in the 4th quarter/2nd half.

Yes, before the season started, if you told me that we'd be sitting here 3-3 after the start of our schedule, I wouldn't be that upset. However after watching the games and knowing we had a lead in the 4th quarter against the Saints, Raiders, and were in a very close game against the Ravens...I'm upset and do not trust this coach at all. He can't shut the door on anyone and simply is incapable of coaching his teams to any big wins. A 1-18 all time record against winning teams on the road is flat out ridiculous, embarrassing, and can not be ignored or written off as a "coincedence"....now how are we supposed to win in the playoffs with him even if we get there with a proven track record like that? (In the NFL you'll be hard pressed to find a more "proven track record" than a career 1-18 anything)

I'm sorry I let you down Bill, but it is what it is and every year I feel like while the stats we put up may change (offensively and defensively), the way the team loses games, finds a way to come up short, or the way they can never play consistent football from one week to another never does. It is the SSDY with me and sorry, but I can't bring myself to think otherwise until He finally proves it out on the field and in the win/loss column. 6 years in and with his track record, Kubiak doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Carr Bombed
10-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Understand, & I agree Kubiak doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

But we're bitching about games we haven't lost yet. We're bitching because we won't win the division. We're bitching about losing play-off games we aren't even going to be in.

There's got to be a place in between.

Actually that's not why I started this thread and that's not what I'm bitching about... What I'm bitching about is because 6 years in we're still Charlie brown getting the same football pulled out from us. I'm bitching, because 6 years in and 6 games into this season, I'm still seeing the same results and the same losing ways. That's my beef. This isn't about games we haven't played yet, it's about the improvement and strides that we aren't making.

Thorn
10-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Actually that's not why I started this thread and that's not what I'm bitching about... What I'm bitching about is because 6 years in we're still Charlie brown getting the same football pulled out from us. I'm bitching, because 6 years in and 6 games into this season, I'm still seeing the same results and the same losing ways. That's my beef. This isn't about games we haven't played yet, it's about the improvement and strides that we aren't making.

Yeah, well, you're not alone in feeling that way.