PDA

View Full Version : Playbook : Texans to pull a shocking Win

honored82
10-13-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d8231a6e5/Playbook-Texans-vs-Ravens

This video really pumped me up, the last minute or so, very exciting. Must see for all Texans!!!

Loosing Mario is a plus :) Brooks Reed needs to play like Clay Matthews lol

Shame on us, our offense just doesn't work without Andre. :toropalm:

MEGA SWATT
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM
I like it. Now the Texans need to do everything to get it done, offense, defense and special teams.

TheDream34
10-14-2011, 12:18 AM
I got one little fact for you guys, the texans under kubiak are 1-18 on the road against teams that post a winning record at the end of the season. And how Bob McNair continues to see kubiak as the guy to lead us to the promised land just boggles my mind. :toropalm:

Lucky
10-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Sharpe's video insert showed Brooks Reed making plays on the backside. Which I think he can do. Where I see problems for Reed and the Texans defense is the Ravens running at Reed.

IDEXAN
10-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Still trying to get over the disappointment of losing this past Sunday. Fantasizing about a big upset is all fine and well and it's something fans do I guess, but we all know they most likely lose in Baltimore this weekend which means they should have been going into Nashville next week @ 4-2 had they taken care of business against the Raiders as they should have.
"Good teams" win those games they are suppose to win, which makes me very concerned (again) that we have yet to arrive @ that staus ?

thunderkyss
10-14-2011, 06:49 AM
...but we all know they most likely lose in Baltimore this weekend...

If we know they are going to lose, then we know they aren't a very good team. Regardless whether it is coaching decisions, WR play, QB decisions, or a porous defense. It's not like the Ravens are the best team in football.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but if we don't think we are good enough to have a chance against Baltimore, then why do we think we had a chance against Oakland?

"Good teams" win those games they are suppose to win, which makes me very concerned (again) that we have yet to arrive @ that staus ?

So why did New England lose to Buffalo? Why did Baltimore lose to Tennessee?

We're still early in the season, still don't know who is who outside of a few teams like Green Bay & New England. Everything else is up in the air.

Blake
10-14-2011, 08:17 AM
AT HOME this Texans team might pull off the win. With AJ this Texans team might pull off the win.

But on the road without AJ against a team that has Ray Rice and Ray Lewis leading their team this is almost a sure loss. Texans lose by 10.

drunkcookie
10-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Like i said in another thread, if i had to bet money on this game, i'd go with the Ravens at home...

But at the same time, i did feel the Texans would go 4-2 to start the season, and felt they'd lose a game they were supposed to win, and win one they weren't supposed to... I guess this is that game if i am to be correct in my prediction...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

badboy
10-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Time to put up or shutup. No more excuses & no more if this had happened or that call had gone our way; it's time to play football. I am sick that most of my enjoyment comes from the NFL draft. I can absorb a loss but need to see an outstanding team effort with good game plan and excellent coaching.

Cerberus
10-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Still trying to get over the disappointment of losing this past Sunday. Fantasizing about a big upset is all fine and well and it's something fans do I guess, but we all know they most likely lose in Baltimore this weekend which means they should have been going into Nashville next week @ 4-2 had they taken care of business against the Raiders as they should have.

I think you take the Raiders too lightly, as they will end up being one of the better teams in the NFL this season under Hue Jackson. A 10-6 record for the Raiders is quite realistic when all is said in done; I don't figure they'll beat the Packers or Lions later in the season, and should split with the Chargers.

GP
10-14-2011, 08:54 AM
I didn't see Brooks Reed doing much vs. Raiders.

He looked great in preseason, though. Oh I almost forgot: He was playing against 2s and 3s. (Sigh) It's going to be an uphill battle, I'm afraid.

thunderkyss
10-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Like i said in another thread, if i had to bet money on this game, i'd go with the Ravens at home...

But at the same time, i did feel the Texans would go 4-2 to start the season, and felt they'd lose a game they were supposed to win, and win one they weren't supposed to... I guess this is that game if i am to be correct in my prediction...

So you didn't have them losing to both New Orleans & Pittsburgh before the season started? Which one of those games did you think they should win?

drunkcookie
10-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Lol, i thought about putting it in the reply, but didn't feel like babbling:

Before the season I felt the Texans should have beaten Pitt, Indy, Miami and Oakland... I felt they should lose to NO on the road and Baltimore on the road... Funny, Vegas has felt it the same way...

eriadoc
10-14-2011, 09:52 AM
I think the Ravens should rightfully be favored, but that really doesn't mean much once the hitting starts. Any team in the NFL can beat another on any given Sunday.

DexmanC
10-14-2011, 09:57 AM
So you didn't have them losing to both New Orleans & Pittsburgh before the season started? Which one of those games did you think they should win?

So, 3-3 is what you expect from this team right about now?

thunderkyss
10-14-2011, 10:04 AM
So, 3-3 is what you expect from this team right about now?

Not at all, but I didn't think Pittsburgh was a "should win" I had those three games as "could" wins New Orleans, Pittsburgh, & Baltimore, favoring the Steelers game, because it was at home.

Yes, I think we're talented enough to beat Super Bowl Contenders. Yes, I agree the bottleneck is in the same spot you think it is.

drunkcookie
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Not at all, but I didn't think Pittsburgh was a "should win"

Understandable!

I felt going into the season the Steelers weren't getting any younger and at home with an improved defense (at least feeling it would be improved going into the season) it would be a game the Texans should win...

But yah, i can understand someone thinking differently on that, esspecially since we're talking the Texans here...

TheMatrix31
10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Utterly classless by our fans to treat the Raiders like they were **** and that we should have rolled them 45-3.

I HATE the Raiders. With a ridiculous, blinding passion. I hate everything about them, especially their fans. I'm not afraid to say just how much I loathe them and how happy I get when I see them suffer. I get sick, twisted pleasure out of their misery.

That said, they're a good damn team. A very good damn team. Discounting them by saying "taken care of business against the Raiders as they should have" is so disrespectful it's not even funny.

Why anyone expected us to just destroy Oakland as if they're the "same old Raiders" is beyond me, and makes me question their football acumen.

Baltimore will be an uphill climb, but am I writing my boys off? No. I have complete and utter trust in Wade Phillips. His proof is in the pudding. If we were so close to beating them last year with our atrocious defense (remember, our defense put us in a position to have to muster up a miraculous comeback), then I see no reason why we can't compete again. Would be great to have Andre, but Mason will help. He's a reliable target if nothing else. I expect 5-8 receptions from him. And I really, really hope Tate or Ward (or both) are ready to go, because without Andre, we'll need versatility. It's going to be a very tight game, again. You guys better get the defribilators ready. Final score will be in the teens, decided by 2-5 points max.

pirbroke
10-14-2011, 10:42 AM
I got one little fact for you guys, the texans under kubiak are 1-18 on the road against teams that post a winning record at the end of the season. And how Bob McNair continues to see kubiak as the guy to lead us to the promised land just boggles my mind. :toropalm:

sooooo what your saying is we are due for a win, I mean the dice have to roll your way eventually right.:koolaid:

Texecutioner
10-14-2011, 10:52 AM
I have a strange feeling that the Texans pull this game off. When they have really bad games, they usually bounce back and surprise people and show them what they're capable of. It's when they win two straight games is when they usually falter. I think they can beat the Ravens. It's going to be a close one though.

IDEXAN
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I think you take the Raiders too lightly, as they will end up being one of the better teams in the NFL this season under Hue Jackson. A 10-6 record for the Raiders is quite realistic when all is said in done; I don't figure they'll beat the Packers or Lions later in the season, and should split with the Chargers.
I'm not for a moment saying the Raiders aren't a good team. I am saying good teams are expected to win home games against other teams with comparable talent and ability, or as it were other good teams. Therefor we should be at 4-1 right now and 4-2 going into Nashville a week from Sunday.
In other words this Raiders game was a definite misstep by the Texans.
Is it a show-stopper ? No, of course not, but it ain't good. It's disappointing and of some concern.

TheMatrix31
10-14-2011, 10:58 AM
We "shouldnt" be anything. When two teams are even, no result should be shocking.

V Man
10-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Time to put up or shutup. No more excuses & no more if this had happened or that call had gone our way; it's time to play football. I am sick that most of my enjoyment comes from the NFL draft. I can absorb a loss but need to see an outstanding team effort with good game plan and excellent coaching.

Amen brother, preach on!!

thunderkyss
10-14-2011, 11:22 AM
I have a strange feeling that the Texans pull this game off. When they have really bad games, they usually bounce back and surprise people ...

They surprised the crap out of me when they ripped off that first 4 game loosing streak. Sitting at 4-2 I was so damn confident there was no way we'd go 5-7 for a 4th straight year.

UUUUnnnnggggHHaa..

just thinking about the smug look on DexmanC's face... damn Fredrick Douglass looking...

EVOLVIST
10-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Sterling said, "The Shocker!"? Okay, let's give it to 'em.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/EVOLVIST/shocker.jpg

hradhak
10-15-2011, 08:09 AM
I don't know who wins, that's why they play the games. That said, the Ravens offense can struggle mightily. If we're going to pull out a win here our offense, defense, and special teams all have to show up and can't take plays off.

headsplint
10-15-2011, 09:25 AM
The reality is we're probably going to lose. Sure we can win, but considering our history and current circumstances all signs point to a loss.

I have hope and I still don't know what to make of this years Texans team, but until it's proven..This is what we're facing:

AT HOME this Texans team might pull off the win. With AJ this Texans team might pull off the win.

But on the road without AJ against a team that has Ray Rice and Ray Lewis leading their team this is almost a sure loss. Texans lose by 10.

Only, i'm thinking Texans lose by 20. Hope i'm wrong.

Texans_Chick
10-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Key is to destroy Flacco. Defense actually had an ok game against Flacco last year and sacked him 5 times despite being near the bottom of the league in sacks last year.

The only player were in completion percentage than Joe Flacco is Kerry Collins.

Rush him, make him throw into tight windows, don't give up the big play on the run.

TimeKiller
10-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Any Given Sunday y'all. Don't ever forget that. That Ravens team respects the Texans after the bloodbath last year. This is a trap game....>FOR THEM< If you heard them speak, they know this team is capable of beating them. They know it's gonna be a war win, lose or draw. Gonna be a helluva game.

Vinny
10-15-2011, 03:11 PM
The Ratbirds are a different team at home where they have won 12 of their last 13 games and QB Joe Flacco is 21-5 at home...just sayin'

thunderkyss
10-15-2011, 03:15 PM
The Ratbirds are a different team at home where they have won 12 of their last 13 games and QB Joe Flacco is 21-5 at home...just sayin'
So we've got a chance?
http://images.hollywood.com/site/lloyd_christmas.jpg

Lucky
10-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Only, i'm thinking Texans lose by 20. Hope i'm wrong.
I'm think that it will be a close game, and the Texans will find some way to make a key mistake (players/coaches/combo) to hand it to the Ravens. Because that's what the Texans do best.

amazing80
10-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Texans win 31-20, because thats what we do! Foster with a monster day and Matt bounces back nicely. :koolaid:

leebigeztx
10-15-2011, 10:52 PM
If the texans play a clean game, they can win. it will come down to the texans defense vs the ravens offense and vice versa. i feel the texans d is better than the ravens o and vice versa. Schaub has to play well, but his strong suit , mid range passing is also their stroong points. They could attack the cbs, but with who?

Cerberus
10-16-2011, 06:56 AM
I'm not for a moment saying the Raiders aren't a good team. I am saying good teams are expected to win home games against other teams with comparable talent and ability, or as it were other good teams. Therefor we should be at 4-1 right now and 4-2 going into Nashville a week from Sunday.
In other words this Raiders game was a definite misstep by the Texans.
Is it a show-stopper ? No, of course not, but it ain't good. It's disappointing and of some concern.

I can appreciate that. I guess my response was more due to many Texan fans believing the Raiders were somehow a vastly inferior team, when in fact they are a very talented team that under Hue Jackson seems to be getting it together.

If the texans play a clean game, they can win. it will come down to the texans defense vs the ravens offense and vice versa. i feel the texans d is better than the ravens o and vice versa. Schaub has to play well, but his strong suit , mid range passing is also their stroong points. They could attack the cbs, but with who?

This game should come down to which offense can sneak a few points on the board against the other team's defense. We all know about the Ravens' defense, and this season the Texan's defense has become much improved. As for offenses, I think the Texan's offense if better than the Raven's offense. So, it will be the superior Raven D against the superior Texan O, and the stout Texan D against a more than adequate Raven O. Play the game in Houston, and the Texans have a good chance, but in Baltimore you have to give the edge to the Ravens.

Then again, here is how I see things possibly going:

@ Balt (L) 3-3
@ Tenn (L) 3-4
Jax (W) 4-4
Clev (W) 5-4
@ TB (W) 6-4
@ Jax (L) 6-5
Atl (W) 7-5
@ Cincy (L) 7-6
Car (W) 8-6
@ Indy (W) 9-6
Tenn (W) 10-6

Dishman
10-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Not at all, but I didn't think Pittsburgh was a "should win" I had those three games as "could" wins New Orleans, Pittsburgh, & Baltimore, favoring the Steelers game, because it was at home.

Yes, I think we're talented enough to beat Super Bowl Contenders. Yes, I agree the bottleneck is in the same spot you think it is.

LOL @ bottleneck....I'd say that's one way to describe it/him/them :)