PDA

View Full Version : Texans busy today looking at RBs, with 7 visiting Houston Today

srrono
10-13-2011, 06:12 PM
The #Texans were busy today looking at running backs, with seven visiting Houston on Thursday. http://bit.ly/r0ALzI
2 minutes ago

HOUSTON
Tryout:
RB Thomas Clayton, Kansas State
RB Patrick Cobbs, North Texas
RB Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State
RB Javarris James, Miami
RB Jalen Parmele, Toledo
RB Albert Young, Iowa
FB Fui Vakapuna, BYU
http://m.profootballweekly.com/headlines/28361/

prostock101
10-13-2011, 06:13 PM
What was wrong with Obi?

Rey
10-13-2011, 06:16 PM
What was wrong with Obi?

He wasn't that good.

Rey
10-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Jalen Parmele please.

ThaJokaa
10-13-2011, 06:23 PM
What was wrong with Obi?

he got cut

prostock101
10-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Admittedly he's not better than the 3 we have on the roster but why work out RB's unless Ward is becoming a liability. Obi was a good fit for the PS.

El Tejano
10-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Patrick Cobb is very serviceable.

Big Lou
10-14-2011, 09:49 AM
The #Texans were busy today looking at running backs, with seven visiting Houston on Thursday. http://bit.ly/r0ALzI
2 minutes ago

HOUSTON
Tryout:
RB Thomas Clayton, Kansas State
RB Patrick Cobbs, North Texas
RB Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State
RB Javarris James, Miami
RB Jalen Parmele, Toledo
RB Albert Young, Iowa
FB Fui Vakapuna, BYU
http://m.profootballweekly.com/headlines/28361/

What the hell is a "Fui Vakapuna"?

I'd sign just for the comic relief. Would be funny to here "FUI" from the crowd at Reliant.

Texan_Bill
10-14-2011, 10:24 AM

I'd sign just for the comic relief. Would be funny to here "FUI" from the crowd at Reliant.

It's Samoan for "He Hate You!"

TEXANS84
10-14-2011, 10:35 AM

Dude would be an excellent goalline back.

GlassHalfFull
10-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Funny how 2 months ago we thought we had a huge glut at RB. How quickly things change in the NFL. :toropalm:

Cerberus
10-14-2011, 11:27 AM
If the Texans needed RBs, why didn't they just keep Slaton or Obi?

The Pencil Neck
10-14-2011, 12:00 PM
If the Texans needed RBs, why didn't they just keep Slaton or Obi?

Slaton has no vision and since his surgery, can't find the holes and is afraid of fumbling.

Ogbonnaya simply wasn't very good. A lot of people got excited about him because of that first preseason game but he did not work very well in this offense.

thunderkyss
10-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Admittedly he's not better than the 3 we have on the roster but why work out RB's unless Ward is becoming a liability. Obi was a good fit for the PS.

I know it's strange to see a GM actually doing his job around here. But we should always be looking to upgrade the roster.... practice squad included.

Hopefully we'll get used to it.

m5kwatts
10-14-2011, 12:01 PM
What was wrong with Obi?

He went to Strake Jesuit.

infantrycak
10-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Ogbonnaya simply wasn't very good. A lot of people got excited about him because of that first preseason game but he did not work very well in this offense.

Exactly.

What is that supposed to mean?

Texecutioner
10-14-2011, 01:18 PM

Totally agree. Didn't understand why he got cut other than to make room for WR's or something. I thought he earned his spot as our last string RB.

mridge01
10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Waste of time.

Stemp
10-14-2011, 03:37 PM

It means he's a Jebbie.

amazing80
10-14-2011, 03:57 PM
I think this is more of the emergency list update AND possibly adding someone to our PS. OBGYN, was average AT BEST. With AF and Tate showing off their skills and with Ward being a solid veteran option, RB is still not a need. Its always nice to have a list ready in case one goes down though.

HuttoKarl
10-14-2011, 04:21 PM
It's Samoan for "He Hate You!"

I've said for years we horribly lack pacific islanders on this team.

EllisUnit
10-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Funny how 2 months ago we thought we had a huge glut at RB. How quickly things change in the NFL. :toropalm:

word on the street is that Foster, Tate and Ward will play Sunday, now thats a deadly combo.

And who said ward is becoming a liability ? Why cause he got hurt and had to miss some time, haha glad we didnt get rid of all players who got hurt, good bye AJ, Goodbye M.W Good bye Foster :kingkong::kingkong:

kwayshauntay
10-14-2011, 07:27 PM
I remember Patrick Cobbs.

When he was with the Dolphins he scored a 50+ yard TD against the Texans on a trick play.

Good times.

ObsiWan
10-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Slaton has no vision and since his surgery, can't find the holes and is afraid of fumbling.

Agreed.
Neither of them have the vision that Foster, Ward, or Tate has as it regards to finding and decisively using cut-back lanes. And on top of that, Slaton never fully grasped the blitz pickup part of his job. He simply blew too many blocking assignments.

ObsiWan
10-14-2011, 07:51 PM
word on the street is that Foster, Tate and Ward will play Sunday, now thats a deadly combo.

And who said ward is becoming a liability ? Why cause he got hurt and had to miss some time, haha glad we didnt get rid of all players who got hurt, good bye AJ, Goodbye M.W Good bye Foster :kingkong::kingkong:
Now don't you go getting our hopes up for nuttin....
:pop:

Texan_Bill
10-14-2011, 07:56 PM

Right!! To add insult to gashing wound, we face Haloti Ngata which also translates to "HE HATE YOU!"

Vinny
10-14-2011, 07:58 PM
the haka may be what this team needs. :clown:

steelbtexan
10-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I know it's strange to see a GM actually doing his job around here. But we should always be looking to upgrade the roster.... practice squad included.

Hopefully we'll get used to it.

Yep there appears to be a new day dawning in BoBBy land. People are being held accountable and are actually trying to do things to improve the team. Funny how that works. Wonder whats caused the change this yr? LOL

hradhak
10-14-2011, 11:27 PM
I think it's good to have some depth. Ogbo wasn't that good in college to be honest, I'm surprised he made it onto an NFL team. I think keeping a 4th is probably necessary since it has taken us 6 weeks to get our top 3 RBs all healthy at the same time.

Lucky
10-15-2011, 06:57 AM
What was wrong with Obi?

Kubiak went to St. Pius. Also, a backhanded reference that Ogbannaya was released because he was a Longhorn (Kubiak being an Aggie).