PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor Possibility?

roooshi
10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Any thoughts on acquiring Jason Taylor?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8230fc44/article/trading-winds-deals-that-should-get-done-before-deadline?module=HP11_cp

Texans not done dealing
Houston would like to get someone to replace Mario Williams, who is done for the year with a torn pectoral. There's not a starter available to pick up his production, but rookie Brooks Reed can help fill the void.

Adding a situational pass rusher like Jason Taylor makes sense. He wouldn't cost much, potentially a seventh-round pick that escalates if he plays and produces, and might get fired up to move from a last-place team to one with a good chance to make the playoffs.

http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/41004.jpg

Rey
10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
I'd bring him in.

Texn4life
10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Any thoughts on acquiring Jason Taylor?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8230fc44/article/trading-winds-deals-that-should-get-done-before-deadline?module=HP11_cp

At the right price I wouldn't mind this move. He's long in the tooth, but he was effective for the Jets last year before Calvin Pace got hurt and he was forced into the starting lineup. He's not a guy you want on the field a lot at his age, but he can produce still.

roooshi
10-13-2011, 06:11 PM
I was thinking it would be a good idea to find a back up/starter to Reed. I think Taylor would be much better than Nading.

Ryan
10-13-2011, 06:13 PM
I'd absolutely do this.

House of Pain
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
as long as we don't give up more than a 6th for him, I'm alright with it

valleytexfan
10-13-2011, 06:35 PM
I'd do this. Taylor had a sack vs. Texans in Week 2...just sayin...

Rey
10-13-2011, 06:47 PM
I'd do this. Taylor had a sack vs. Texans in Week 2...just sayin...

Right...His only sack of the season...

That would be....fitting....

House of Pain
10-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Right...His only sack of the season...

That would be....fitting....

Yeah, but he got it against "the best O-line in the NFL."

m5kwatts
10-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Brooks Reed deserves to be the starter.

But Jason Taylor instead of Jesse Nading is a very good idea. He could ease the pressure off of Brooks by splitting the downs 60/40 or something close to that.

srrono
10-13-2011, 07:50 PM
J Taylor as a situational rusher I would be for it

Rey
10-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Brooks Reed deserves to be the starter.

But Jason Taylor instead of Jesse Nading is a very good idea. He could ease the pressure off of Brooks by splitting the downs 60/40 or something close to that.

From what I've seen so far I'd rather have Nading on the field than Reed...

But Reed is a rookie 2nd round pick so he's going to get every opprotunity...

Dutchrudder
10-13-2011, 08:08 PM
I would have been happy if the Texans signed Taylor in the offseason, but I dunno what the Dolphins would want in return for him. They need a TE, and we have lots of those...

Texan_Bill
10-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Another conditional 7th round pick and I'm "all-in" for another player who can use their AARP card at the movie theatre.

BigBull17
10-13-2011, 08:30 PM
I'd bring him in yesterday. He's perfect. Vet back up with alot of experience.

m5kwatts
10-13-2011, 09:36 PM
From what I've seen so far I'd rather have Nading on the field than Reed...

But Reed is a rookie 2nd round pick so he's going to get every opprotunity...

Huh? Because Nading had some flashes when he beat up on some 2nd and 3rd stringers in preseason? That's ridiculous. Reed very much held his own sunday and most importantly he got in the backfield on passing downs. Wade can scheme with numbers in the box to stop the run but it takes natural pass rushing skills from your OLBs to really be a great defense and Reed can do that, Nading cannot.

Texaninlild
10-13-2011, 10:22 PM
I say neh

BullNation4Life
10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
would have traded for Aaron Curry while he was still available. Raiders gave up a 7th this year and 5th next year for a 25 year old LB....

Kimmy
10-13-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd bring him in.

I'd do him ... err ... wait ... wrong forum .... ;)

infantrycak
10-13-2011, 10:42 PM
would have traded for Aaron Curry while he was still available. Raiders gave up a 7th this year and 5th next year for a 25 year old LB...who busted so bad he went from 4th pick in the draft to wishing he was the 4th best fast food burger.

fify

76Texan
10-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Taylor is a very good possibility since the Dolphins are going nowhere fast and I think Jason plans to retire next year.

A 6th or 7th rdr would benefit all parties involved.

Another guy I'd like for the Texans to take a looksee is Everette Brown.
He's a tweener 4-3 DE that's still a FA (6'1, 256 lbs.)
If Wade thinks he can get the guy to play OLB, it would not cost the team any draft pick.

He did play a little standing up in college, but not much more than Reed.
A former second rounder of the Panthers in 09, he had six sacks in two years playing mostly as a reserve 4-3 DE.

If he's willing to take the minimum, might be worth it.
Good motor and effort guy.
Won't cut it as 43 starter, but has possibility as a 34 OLB.
I actually like him a little better than Aaron Curry due to his blue colar work ethics.

BullNation4Life
10-14-2011, 12:19 AM
fify

and will more than likely go to the Raiders and be another great addition to their LB core....

jppaul
10-14-2011, 01:04 AM
would have traded for Aaron Curry while he was still available. Raiders gave up a 7th this year and 5th next year for a 25 year old LB....

Which is kinda funny and a little sad because all we heard that draft was how he was the safest pick in the draft guaranteed starter for twelve years. Yup, that worked out.

houstonspartan
10-14-2011, 01:13 AM
I'd pull the trigger on this.

TheDream34
10-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Haha all this trade talk just show how much kubiak and Rick smith jobs are on the line. Hey but whatever it takes for us to get in the playoffs I'm all for it.

Corrosion
10-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Haha all this trade talk just show how much kubiak and Rick smith jobs are on the line. Hey but whatever it takes for us to get in the playoffs I'm all for it.

Haha ? Whats so funny about that ? ..... Too bad your job isnt on the line

We all knew going into this season its playoffs or bust for Kubiak and Co ... and McNair all but said as much.

They have lost their three best players for all or part of the season thus far and are still 3-2 ..... give it a rest.

There's 11 games to go ..... lets see what they bring .....

I didnt see a whole lot of drop off on the defensive side after MW left the game , Reed more than held his own.

As for adding Taylor , for a 6th-7th .... why not. How would his contract fit under the cap .... Im pretty sure the Texans are at or very near the salary cap.

amazing80
10-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Taylor would be exactly what this front 7 needs, a guy with experience and could help bring along Reed and could help Mario study and give him mental pointers. He would be an obvious pass rusher, but would create that double team that will be missing with Mario out. For a low draft choice, I would def. do it.

On a side note, I would also throw a 4th rounder at Denver for Lloyd. Even with Andre back, he could help our offense and would create more mis-matches for opposing teams.

Texanmike02
10-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Taylor would be exactly what this front 7 needs, a guy with experience and could help bring along Reed and could help Mario study and give him mental pointers. He would be an obvious pass rusher, but would create that double team that will be missing with Mario out. For a low draft choice, I would def. do it.

On a side note, I would also throw a 4th rounder at Denver for Lloyd. Even with Andre back, he could help our offense and would create more mis-matches for opposing teams.

Brandon lloyd to go with AJ, KW and DM... and OD.... and AF... holy cow. That makes this offense just plain scary. I'm a fan of this team and I would be scared.

Mike

Corrosion
10-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Brandon lloyd to go with AJ, KW and DM... and OD.... and AF... holy cow. That makes this offense just plain scary. I'm a fan of this team and I would be scared.

Mike

Scared of a team quarterbacked by Schaub ?! :rake: