PDA

View Full Version : Schaub and Kubiak wired: NFL.com and on VS. NETWORK Thursday Night...

HouSportsWriter
10-13-2011, 01:24 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d823131fb/Sound-FX-Kubiak-and-Schaub

interesting kubiak says he dont want to run the ball even tho we passed a lot

plus schaub gets angry as hell i think he will bounce back

funny kubiak says before the half

"we got to have a go to jesus meeting.."

Norg
10-13-2011, 01:43 AM
man ... it sucks losing

AnthonyE
10-13-2011, 04:02 AM
Man, Schaub's silence at the end says it all.

Gotta say, had it not been for Schaub, we would have never been in the position to win it. It's a shame his effort was overshadowed by such a costly mistake.

Wolf6151
10-13-2011, 07:55 AM
This was informative, nice to see an aspect of the game we never get to witness. Thanks for posting.

rush2112mn
10-13-2011, 08:17 AM
The VS CHANNEL has a NFL Show on Thursday night called Turning Point. It is a NFL Films show.
Thursday Night at 9 cst is featuring Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak miked up for the Oakland Raiders Game. Should be interesting to see and hear them during the Oakland Raiders game.....

speedfreek
10-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Kubiak: what the hell was that?

Shaub: I dunno, you called it..

TJ

mridge01
10-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, that ought to be real compelling. Two guys connected to the team with the least personality.

infantrycak
10-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah, that ought to be real compelling. Two guys connected to the team with the least personality.

Obviously didn't watch the video.

Kimmy
10-13-2011, 10:11 AM
After watching this, it looks to me if Matt hadn't been acting on that 3rd down (3:35 mark rolling hoping for the late hit call) he may have been able to get down to line a little quicker and spike the ball.

Every second counts.

Kimmy
10-13-2011, 10:12 AM
And not a "slam" on Matt, was just an observation.

thunderkyss
10-14-2011, 04:37 PM
So, we get another glimpse of how plays are called on this team, "Alright, give me your three best runs, we're going to run the ball here."

& Schaub. At the game, I'm usually watching the downfield stuff, so I usually have no idea how bad Matt is getting beat up during the game. I'm watching the receivers, DBs, & LBs.. I was as upset as anyone with Matt & that last throw.

But after watching the whole game from home, off the DVR, where the camera focuses on the ball & you can see Matt taking hit after hit..... I've got a lot of respect for his toughness.... he's a warrior.

thunderkyss
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Another thing, "Let's get this train riding.. " what the hell does that mean?

How 'bout, "Let's get this train roll'n"?

How 'bout, "Let's run a train on these beyatches..... "?

But, "Let's get this train riding..." ? Really?

Ole Miss Texan
10-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Dang that video just shows (1) how fast the game really is and (2) how much he gets hit... even on those nice completions.

JCTexan
10-14-2011, 05:16 PM
So, we get another glimpse of how plays are called on this team, "Alright, give me your three best runs, we're going to run the ball here."

& Schaub. At the game, I'm usually watching the downfield stuff, so I usually have no idea how bad Matt is getting beat up during the game. I'm watching the receivers, DBs, & LBs.. I was as upset as anyone with Matt & that last throw.

But after watching the whole game from home, off the DVR, where the camera focuses on the ball & you can see Matt taking hit after hit..... I've got a lot of respect for his toughness.... he's a warrior.

After watching a ton of replays & looking at pictures of the play that interception looked totally to me like it was JJ's fault. Instead of trying to break in front of the DB or trying to go to the back of the endzone (both of which were likely TD moves) he took a step back allowing Huff to get in front of him. Considering Jones was the only receiver in the area Schaub could throw the ball to and that he was expecting Jacoby to at least try to get in front of Huff when he released the ball, I can't fault Schaub too much on that throw.

JCTexan
10-14-2011, 05:24 PM

That was all one clip right? "I don't feel comfortable running the ball here. Okay, let's run it three straight times. Give me your best three runs." That sounds totally crazy. He's not comfortable running the ball but he calls for it three straight times? :smiliepalm:

thunderkyss
10-14-2011, 05:28 PM
That was all one clip right? "I don't feel comfortable running the ball here. Okay, let's run it three straight times. Give me your best three runs." That sounds totally crazy. He's not comfortable running the ball but he calls for it three straight times? :smiliepalm:

You gotta imagine Dennison is telling him the run is going to open up, we just got to stick to it... Which I agree with.

I don't know that I would go with three straight runs in a row, but I can't think of a better way to tell your "#1 OL" that you believe in them. I also never would have imagined anyone could stop this line with Arian or Tate, 3 times in a row.

JCTexan
10-14-2011, 05:36 PM
You gotta imagine Dennison is telling him the run is going to open up, we just got to stick to it... Which I agree with.

I don't know that I would go with three straight runs in a row, but I can't think of a better way to tell your "#1 OL" that you believe in them. I also never would have imagined anyone could stop this line with Arian or Tate, 3 times in a row.

It definitely sounds like Dennison was in his ear and it was in the first half of the game, which was during the period Houston had the lead, so I don't fault him that much. It's just strange to hear him call for it three times in a row without seeing what has happened the first two plays of the drive.

Double Barrel
10-14-2011, 05:37 PM
I thought it was a pretty cool insight. At least the win was deeply meaningful to the Raiders. It doesn't make it any easier to see our team lose, but they were playing lights out for a cause.

Schaub looked and sounded like a leader in those clips. Like AnthonyE mentioned, Schaub got us down the field and put us in position. Dude is not the horrible QB that talk radio callers blather on about. He's not elite at this points, but I'd still say 70% of teams out there would take him over their starting QB right now.

As far as Jacoby Jones, dude has no fight in him. He looks like he's going through the motions, but I do not sense any kind of mad dog to his spirit. More than anything else, that stuff disappoints me.

And let's talk about the iconic image of Cushing's bloody face. Every time I see it I think old school football. Dude should gash his nose before every game. The bloody face is a good look for him.

Nawzer
10-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry but Matt Schaub doesn't sound convincing when he's trying to pump up his teammates. Maybe it works for them, but from my perspective it sounds forced and unnatural coming from him. Doesn't mean he's a bad qb, but he's a guy who's actions speak louder than this words. On the other hand Peyton (specially when he's whining), Brady, or Brees are great to hear during games. I would like to hear what Arian says during games, I bet he drops some good lines. And he and Tommy Kelly were going at it last week so it would've been interesting to hear those exchanges. And Kubiak sounds exactly as I imagined he would during a game. What a disappointment that game was.

thunderkyss
10-14-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm sorry but Matt Schaub doesn't sound convincing when he's trying to pump up his teammates. Maybe it works for them, but from my perspective it sounds forced and unnatural coming from him. Doesn't mean he's a bad qb, but he's a guy who's actions speak louder than this words.

I agree that it sounded forced. I never imagined Matt to be the fiery cheer leader type. I figured he would get with his guys one on one, let him know that he's counting on him, that he trusts them, that he's going to have to dig deep. "It's okay if he gets buy once or twice, but I need you to step it up here, we are not going to lose this game, but I can't do it without you."

I can even see him talking to his OL as a group.... face to face, looking at them while they are looking at him, "We got this guys... they aren't so tough.... I know it's tough, but hold your blocks for a second more & we'll make them pay."

But I wasn't buying all that, "I'm yelling at no one, but everyone at the same time, because this is what they say leaders are supposed to do!" stuff.

amazing80
10-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I agree that it sounded forced. I never imagined Matt to be the fiery cheer leader type. I figured he would get with his guys one on one, let him know that he's counting on him, that he trusts them, that he's going to have to dig deep. "It's okay if he gets buy once or twice, but I need you to step it up here, we are not going to lose this game, but I can't do it without you."

I can even see him talking to his OL as a group.... face to face, looking at them while they are looking at him, "We got this guys... they aren't so tough.... I know it's tough, but hold your blocks for a second more & we'll make them pay."

But I wasn't buying all that, "I'm yelling at no one, but everyone at the same time, because this is what they say leaders are supposed to do!" stuff.

LOL, maybe he did it knowing he was mic'd up...

Double Barrel
10-14-2011, 05:58 PM
I've seen Super Bowl QBs do the exact same thing. I guess that's the perception issue between winning and losing. idonno:

DexmanC
10-14-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry but Matt Schaub doesn't sound convincing when he's trying to pump up his teammates. Maybe it works for them, but from my perspective it sounds forced and unnatural coming from him. Doesn't mean he's a bad qb, but he's a guy who's actions speak louder than this words. On the other hand Peyton (specially when he's whining), Brady, or Brees are great to hear during games. I would like to hear what Arian says during games, I bet he drops some good lines. And he and Tommy Kelly were going at it last week so it would've been interesting to hear those exchanges. And Kubiak sounds exactly as I imagined he would during a game. What a disappointment that game was.

Matt did sound like he needed a little bass in his voice. His teammates had their
heads down during Matt's high-pitched squeals.

Nawzer
10-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Another thing, "Let's get this train riding.. " what the hell does that mean?

How 'bout, "Let's get this train roll'n"?

How 'bout, "Let's run a train on these beyatches..... "?

But, "Let's get this train riding..." ? Really?

Haha. Football players say some strange things during games. He might have been watching Thomas the Tank Engine with his kids or something. But I would use a bullet train analogy over a just regular train. Maybe even a freight train.

Nawzer
10-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Also, is it just me or does Kubiak sound a bit like Hank Hill? I was expecting him to bust out with, "I sell propane and propane accessories" line.