PDA

View Full Version : Texans cut Ogbannaya

ChampionTexan
10-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Via Twitter:

caplannfl Adam Caplan
Texans waived RB Chris Ogbonnaya. Sign that the other injured RBs are on the mend.

srrono
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Tate or ward must be ready so this makes us better!

Texecutioner
10-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Probably had to do it to make room for these new WR's. Damn Jacoby Jones. He's the one that should be getting cut.

ChampionTexan
10-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Probably had to do it to make room for these new WR's. Damn Jacoby Jones. He's the one that should be getting cut.

Don't think that's it - the only WR they added was Mason, and they cut Anderson to make room for him.

Dutchrudder
10-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Ward tweeted that he's back at practice, or something like that this past week. I would imagine Obi's going back to the p-squad.

b0ng
10-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Don't think that's it - the only WR they added was Mason, and they cut Anderson to make room for him.

We are picking up a 2009 3rd round Bears draft pick Joquain Iglesias (or something like that).

ChampionTexan
10-12-2011, 10:58 AM
We are picking up a 2009 3rd round Bears draft pick Joquain Iglesias (or something like that).

On the practice squad.

Texecutioner
10-12-2011, 11:02 AM

I thought we signed Iglecias.

Anderson was cut??? Well, it's been a long time coming to where that was going to happen, but it still irritates the hell out of me that anyone is having to get cut because of our lack of play makers when AJ is out in the passing game. JJ is getting paid a lot more than what he should and I hated that we resigned his ass. I'd rather keep Anderson over JJ.

ChampionTexan
10-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Anderson was cut??? Well, it's been a long time coming to where that was going to happen, but it still irritates the hell out of me that anyone is having to get cut because of our lack of play makers when AJ is out in the passing game. JJ is getting paid a lot more than what he should and I hated that we resigned his ass. I'd rather keep Anderson over JJ.

See the post immediately above yours.

BigBull17
10-12-2011, 11:10 AM

I'd rather we cut both of them and get actual receivers on our roster outside of AJ and KW.

HTown2ATX
10-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Didn't really see anything there so no big loss....makes room for upgrades

CloakNNNdagger
10-20-2011, 01:57 PM
This is strange...........unless Ogbonnaya was re-signed to the PS after being waived.........and it wasn't reported.

Chronicle:
Cleveland signed running back Chris Ogbonnaya off the Texans' practice squad and onto its active roster.

HOU-TEX
10-20-2011, 02:15 PM
This is strange...........unless Ogbonnaya was re-signed to the PS after being waived.........and it wasn't reported.

Chronicle:

He was re-signed shortly after he was waived from the roster.

ChampionTexan
10-20-2011, 02:44 PM

Chronicle:

It never got reported on HT.com, but it was on the NFL website.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/transactions?transactionMonth=&transactionYear=&transactionTeamAbbr=HOU&prevTransactionMonth=0&prevTransactionYear=0&prevTransactionTeamAbbr=)

CloakNNNdagger
10-20-2011, 04:40 PM
It never got reported on HT.com, but it was on the NFL website.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/transactions?transactionMonth=&transactionYear=&transactionTeamAbbr=HOU&prevTransactionMonth=0&prevTransactionYear=0&prevTransactionTeamAbbr=)

Between the Chronicle and the home website, we are assured to be well informed.:toropalm:

EllisUnit
10-20-2011, 09:26 PM
WELL like i said all along, he wouldnt amount to anything on our team, just like he didnt with the 2 teams before ours. Where is that guy who wanted to debate this so heavily with me in the pre season ???

myktek2
10-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Didn't he get signed by cleveland off the ps? Why are we still talking about him.

Sent from my Mytouch 4g

CloakNNNdagger
10-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Didn't he get signed by cleveland off the ps? Why are we still talking about him.

Sent from my Mytouch 4g

Because it relates to a debate that was hot and heavy concerning assessment of talent for this team.

10-20-2011, 11:13 PM
*yawn* this guy never impressed me.