PDA

View Full Version : So How Much Will Leach and Pollard Help Baltimore on Sunday

RTP2110
10-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Obviously Leach knows our run game and blocking schemes like the back of his hand. Pollard has seen our route combinations in practice for 2 years.

So how much do you think this will help the Ravens on Sunday? I know there has been some discussion about Sage with New York last season, and some worry about Dan Orlovsky joining the Colts in the preseason.

kiwitexansfan
10-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Pollard? I'd he is playing might be Jacoby's chance to make some plays. Hope we go after Pollard hard.

GP
10-11-2011, 07:38 PM
It's going to take the Ravens basically falling down and forgetting how to be the better team for us to beat them.

I remember a Texans team that beat the Steelers, in Pittsburgh, with only defensive TDs and field goals. But I don't see that sort of crazy scenario happening this time with the Ravens.

People should just seriously watch the game with all expectations centering upon "This is probably a loss anyways..." and if we win, it's good, and if we don't you didn't needlessly get your hopes up just to have 'em dashed to pieces this Sunday.

Simple.

silentassassin
10-11-2011, 07:39 PM
While I don't know how much Leach or Pollard will be of help to Baltimore, I do know that Pollard is in "kill mode."

Eric Winston on the radio said they need to put Pollard into "coverage mode.":kingkong:

thunderkyss
10-11-2011, 08:01 PM
It's going to take the Ravens basically falling down and forgetting how to be the better team for us to beat them.

I remember a Texans team that beat the Steelers, in Pittsburgh, with only defensive TDs and field goals. But I don't see that sort of crazy scenario happening this time with the Ravens.

People should just seriously watch the game with all expectations centering upon "This is probably a loss anyways..." and if we win, it's good, and if we don't you didn't needlessly get your hopes up just to have 'em dashed to pieces this Sunday.

Simple.
That's definitely one way to do it.

Instead I'm going to remember that we can play with the Ravens. We can play with anyone. I just hope the Texans forget this is the kind of game they are supposed to lose & bring home a W.

phantom17
10-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Overall, we will see how this team is made of, which doesn't instill much confidence !:toropalm: :cutthroat:

utahmark
10-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Probably our 2 toughest players from last year. At least they don't take **** off nobody.

IlliniJen
10-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Vonta: "Just an FYI, Coach...the Texans never audible out of a play. So if they call a run play, we can stack 10 in the box and they'll still try to run."

Harbaugh: "Tell me something we haven't known for 5 years now, Dr. Obvious."

thunderkyss
10-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Vonta: "Just an FYI, Coach...the Texans never audible out of a play. So if they call a run play, we can stack 10 in the box and they'll still try to run."

Harbaugh: "Tell me something we haven't known for 5 years now, Dr. Obvious."

How would you know it's a run play? They all look the same. We run & throw out of the same formations, use the same motion, use the same personnel. What looks like a run play could easily be a passing play.

They won't know until Matt drops back, even then they can't trust what their eyes are telling them.

GP
10-12-2011, 12:40 AM
That's definitely one way to do it.

Instead I'm going to remember that we can play with the Ravens. We can play with anyone. I just hope the Texans forget this is the kind of game they are supposed to lose & bring home a W.

Ray Rice. Vonta Leach. Ravens defense. Road game AT the Ravens' stadium.

I like my idea better.

I just don't like the way it looks on paper, nor how it looks after watching the Texans completely fall apart in Quarters 2, 3, and the first 10 minutes or so of the 4th Quarter vs. the Raiders. In Reliant, by the way.

I'll obviously take the win, but man oh man I think it will take our guys wielding machetes and grenades to get it done vs. that Ravens team in their own house. They're licking their chops at this game.

It's time the Ravens paid us back for handing them a win last year.

Norg
10-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Im sure Leech is going to Blow up demco and Cushing :toropalm:

Rey
10-12-2011, 06:34 AM
Im sure Leech is going to Blow up demco and Cushing :toropalm:

I think Cushing is going to blow up leach.

Texan_Bill
10-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Re: So How Much Will Leach and Pollard Help Baltimore on Sunday

The same way Derrick Mason will help us against Balty! :kitten:

:cowboy1:

BigBull17
10-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I think Pollard will have a fun time covering OD/Dreesen. You HAVE to attack them to keep him out of the box.

TimeKiller
10-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Leach will. Pollard will practically be on our team again with how many times he gets thrown on. Bet you anything he gets some stupid personal foul calls for trying to be tough against his old team.

srrono
10-12-2011, 08:17 AM
I wanna see OD burn Pollard for a long TD. Watch Pollard bite on Play Action Passes all day. HOU 31 BALT 13
DONT CRAP ON MY DREAM LOL:koolaid:

silvrhand
10-12-2011, 08:24 AM
lol.. have a feeling I'm gonna need some beer to watch the game this sunday.

Texan_Bill
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM
lol.. have a feeling I'm gonna need some beer to watch the game this sunday.

I think I'll main-line some vodka! :toropalm:

GP
10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
I think I'll main-line some vodka! :toropalm:

Whiskey enema. You'll be in outer space within a few seconds.

srrono
10-12-2011, 11:41 AM
NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Coach John Harbaugh said former HOU FB Vonta Leach has "really helped" the Ravens imitate the Texans' stretch zone running scheme

thunderkyss
10-12-2011, 11:47 AM
I just don't like the way it looks on paper, nor how it looks after watching the Texans completely fall apart in Quarters 2, 3, and the first 10 minutes or so of the 4th Quarter vs. the Raiders. In Reliant, by the way.

If you think we completely fell apart on Sunday, if that's as bad as it's going to get, I still think we have a chance to beat the Ravens.

Yes, that team that played Sunday still looked like a team that can beat the Ravens.

Thorn
10-12-2011, 11:49 AM
If you think we completely fell apart on Sunday, if that's as bad as it's going to get, I still think we have a chance to beat the Ravens.

Yes, that team that played Sunday still looked like a team that can beat the Ravens.

meh...until I'm proven wrong, I say we are in for a two game losing road trip. Hopefully I'm wrong on that, but I don't see it any other way at this point.

Double Barrel
10-12-2011, 12:44 PM

I think the Texans can beat the Ravens, too. They just need to show up as the team that beat the Steelers and not the one plagued by errors in the Raiders game.

If I had to make a bet, I'd pick the Ravens as an objective analysis. But, that doesn't mean that I think it's a lock. The Texans can do this game, but they need to play smart and play a full 60 minutes of fundamentally sound football to achieve it. The Ravens are the kind of team that eat the weak, so if the Texans continue to shoot themselves in the foot, they will not have even the slightest chance of winning.

80tothezone
10-12-2011, 01:33 PM
i think it is a winable game they beat us in OT last yr and we had no D

HOU-TEX
10-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Dunno, but Art Modell's wife, Pat, just past away.

Going against another emotional team this week?

Runner
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
On offense, the Texans need to dictate the game to the Ravens. They can't let the Ravens D get revved up like it did against the Jets, or the Texans are in huge trouble.

RagingBull
10-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Texans will beat the Ravens coming off of a terrible loss to Oakland then they will feel good about it and suck it up and lose to the Titans the following week.

RasTaofarI
10-12-2011, 07:05 PM

Simple.

The dumbest $#!+ ever. I would rather play golf than watch a loss. DVRs are very good for viewing surprise victories after the round.

HOU-TEX
10-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Why don't you learn how to spell, dip****!

Texan_Bill
10-13-2011, 09:31 AM

:foottap: The next time we catch a break, will be the first! :toropalm:

Kthx
10-13-2011, 09:31 AM
There is no better time than the present to learn Htex.

drunkcookie
10-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Sure, it can help a little, just as much as Schaub lighting up Pollard in practice can help the Texans make that a weakness... Add to it Mason played in Baltimore and we'll call this 'offset'...

As for the game itself...

If you can score on Baltimore just a 'bit', you have a chance because their O isn't consistantly good... I have confidence that our defense is good enough to slow down Baltimore, but what will our offense be able to do if that's the case?

If i were a betting man i'd go with Baltimore at home... But i think the Texans 'can' get it done...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

False Start
10-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I hope this is one of those games we are picked to lose by everybody, and they end up winning. :texflag:

gtexan02
10-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I hope this is one of those games we are picked to lose by everybody, and they end up winning. :texflag:

I think its a game where everyone thinks we're going to get blown out and we end up getting blown out

Thorn
10-13-2011, 01:36 PM
I think its a game where everyone thinks we're going to get blown out and we end up getting blown out

After last year, this crap with going down to the last second of the game and losing it because of something stupid on our part is getting very VERY old. I'd just as soon they blow us out and put us away in the 1st quarter than another one of those last second loses.

Or better yet, we just whoop their ass from the start and don't let up. That would be nice, although unlikely.

Rey
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I have 0 faith that the Texans will win this game.

And really that's the first time all year that I've had this feeling.

I will watch and hope, but will not be shocked if/when we don't come through.

Double Barrel
10-13-2011, 02:11 PM

lol! That made me laugh. :heh:

I think the Texans will come out competitive, and the reason I say this is due to Wade's defense. The Ravens do not have an unstoppable offense, and if our D can make some early stops, even make some plays, then we'll be in the game.

And if it's a defensive low-scoring game, the Texans have a chance to be in it at the end, which with this team is a 50/50 chance to bring home a win.

GP
10-13-2011, 02:26 PM

Outside of a FEW spectacular plays--One by Kevin Walter on the long catch, two swing passes by Arian, and the long pass to set up Schaub's choke job at the end of the game--you tell me where we looked like gangbusters in quarters 2,3, and 4. Because, TK, we didn't.

You try too hard to be positive, my friend. It's that flaw that leads you to make claims that current day Steve Slaton is running better than 2008 Steve Slaton.

I was at the same game you were at, and I became dejected in the early moments of Quarter 2, and it grew worse as the game continued. I've been following this bunch of kids long enough to know when they are battling and when they are falling apart.

They fell apart and that's bad mojo heading into a contest with the Ravens in their house. The list of breakdowns is too long to list here. It's not like it was a shoot-out, TK. We looked inept on offense for the first time in a long time.

By the way, even our win vs. the Steelers was too close for comfort. Every team in the NFL knows that you just gotta' hang tough and weather the early barrage of firepower by the Texans...and in the latter stages of the game, the Texans will undo themselves. You just gotta' be there to scoop up the pieces, and the Ravens are damn sure good at doing that. They have a track record of it. We don't.

GP
10-13-2011, 02:30 PM
The dumbest $#!+ ever. I would rather play golf than watch a loss. DVRs are very good for viewing surprise victories after the round.

I don't even know what you're talking about.

Did I say I WANTED to watch a loss? Where in my post did I say, definitively, that we will lose? I didn't. I said, "Set your expectations low." Huge difference.

We CAN win, but we might not if the trend continues.

And what does having a DVR or watching golf have to do with anything? I sense that your screen name is a tip off to why I can't understand your post.

infantrycak
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
I'd just as soon they blow us out and put us away in the 1st quarter than another one of those last second loses.

They thought they put us away several times last year and the Texans came back from 21 point deficits twice to tie the game. I'll take a competitive exciting game over a blow out any day.

I don't understand the mood around here. People were more optimistic last year with a well known historically suck defense 5 win team going up against an 8 win team.

thunderkyss
10-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Why don't you learn how to spell, dip****!

Can we report a poster making a personal attack towards himself?

thunderkyss
10-13-2011, 04:08 PM
After last year, this crap with going down to the last second of the game and losing it because of something stupid on our part is getting very VERY old. I'd just as soon they blow us out and put us away in the 1st quarter than another one of those last second loses.

That was part of the problem last year. No matter how hard they tried, no one could really "put the Texans" away. They'd score in a hurry to make it close.... pointless & all, if you weren't a Texans' fan, those had to be some good games to watch.

thunderkyss
10-13-2011, 04:09 PM
lol! That made me laugh. :heh:

I think the Texans will come out competitive, and the reason I say this is due to Wade's defense. The Ravens do not have an unstoppable offense, and if our D can make some early stops, even make some plays, then we'll be in the game.

And if it's a defensive low-scoring game, the Texans have a chance to be in it at the end, which with this team is a 50/50 chance to bring home a win.

How much do you think it will take for Wade to pop Gary in the mouth if he can't get the offense started?

thunderkyss
10-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Outside of a FEW spectacular plays--One by Kevin Walter on the long catch, two swing passes by Arian, and the long pass to set up Schaub's choke job at the end of the game--you tell me where we looked like gangbusters in quarters 2,3, and 4. Because, TK, we didn't.

You try too hard to be positive, my friend.
You simply think more of the Ravens than I do. What you described is exactly what we need to do to beat the Ravens. We don't need to be Gangbusters, we need to be controlled & methodical. If we're not committing turnovers, the Ravens D isn't going to hurt us too much.

I doubt their O can score 20 points without the benefit of short fields generated by their defense & special teams.

I've got no idea who is going to win this game, but throwing it 50 times at Ed Reed ain't the recipe for success, not on the Road... not against this team.

thunderkyss
10-13-2011, 04:16 PM
They thought they put us away several times last year and the Texans came back from 21 point deficits twice to tie the game. I'll take a competitive exciting game over a blow out any day.

I don't understand the mood around here. People were more optimistic last year with a well known historically suck defense 5 win team going up against an 8 win team.

I think I understand it.

You ever watch a bull fight & wonder why that bull don't ever figure it out until that sword is sticking out his ass?

That's what most of these guys feel like when our team looks like they are going to do something only to Romo it in the end.

Double Barrel
10-13-2011, 04:21 PM
How much do you think it will take for Wade to pop Gary in the mouth if he can't get the offense started?

lol! yeah, Wade doesn't have that kind of behavior in his DNA. Fortunately for Gary, Rex and Rob are not defensive coordinators for the Texans. :winky:

I don't know why, but I was more concerned about the Raiders than I am for the Ravens, even though I think the Ravens are a better team than Oakland.

Hopefully the Texans team that beat the Steelers shows up on Sunday. That version of the team was gritty and determined, and they kept their mistakes to a minimum level that they could overcome.

Last Sunday's Texans were uninspired and sloppy. They had more than enough opportunities to win the game, but for whatever reason(s), they just kept shooting themselves in the foot. That's a tough team to watch.