PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts on the Texans' Past Week

Runner
10-10-2011, 10:17 AM
So I'm guessing some fans still think the Texans "own" the Raiders. They don't. (No need to post statistics to prove I'm wrong. I've seen the numbers...and I saw the game). This leads me to think the easy end of year schedule might not be a series of automatic wins either.

In a pre-season thread on expectations I stated I expected the Texans to be better and finally get over the hump this year. I also stated I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Well, I'm not surprised. Bob needs to do some root cause analysis to find out why the Texans choke so many games every year. Then he needs to take corrective action on that root cause, not fix a symptom.

Yes. I still think it's Kubiak.

We may have passed a critical juncture already. I'd hate to look back and know they wasted Dre's prime with yearly "incremental improvement" that was no improvement at all. It's obvious to me that Dre is the straw that stirs the drink for the Texans. His presence makes the running game effective whether Foster plays or not. Foster/Schaub don't make the passing game effective without Dre.

Surreal McCoy
10-10-2011, 10:34 AM
In a pre-season thread on expectations I stated I expected the Texans to be better and finally get over the hump this year. I also stated I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Great job! "Not surprised" if they don't, and "as I expected" if they do. Yup, that's all bases covered haha Well done ;)

Double Barrel
10-10-2011, 10:36 AM
'eh, it's the same old Texans, 2011 version.

:toropalm:

Runner
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Great job! "Not surprised" if they don't, and "as I expected" if they do. Yup, that's all bases covered haha Well done ;)

I understand that some posters use little quips to try to make posts that they don't agree with look stupid. Typically it's not the original post that then looks stupid. I'll respond anyway.

In fact, my statement makes sense and does not "cover all the bases". There is another base: about half of the board will predict great things every year, "prove" that prediction with infallible logic, and then they ARE SURPRISED when the results hover around .500 again.

So. I know the Texans have the talent to do well. I won't be surprised when Kubiak fails them. Again.

Surreal McCoy
10-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I understand that some posters use little quips to try to make posts that they don't agree with look stupid. Typically it's not the original post that then looks stupid. I'll respond anyway.

In fact, my statement makes sense and does not "cover all the bases". There is another base: about half of the board will predict great things every year, "prove" that prediction with infallible logic, and then they ARE SURPRISED when the results hover around .500 again.

So. I know the Texans have the talent to do well. I won't be surprised when Kubiak fails them. Again.

OK then, I'll play your little game. I predict the next Texans HC will not win the Super Bowl. I can guarantee you, unequivocally, that we will not win the SB with whoever is the next HC - makes no difference who it is. How do I know this? Because he's a loser and has no leadership skills, can't motivate his players, and is a poor play caller. You can bet your house on it.

See? Easy peasy.

PS - I believe that makes me first in predicting the shortcomings of our next HC.