PDA

View Full Version : "On all cylinders" just doesn't exist for us.

gtexan02
10-09-2011, 04:34 PM
How many times have we heard from the announcers that <insert opponent team name> has been totally outplayed but find themselves down only 3 points?

Last year all we needed was a defense to keep us around in games. Now we have that and our offense seems to have taken a step back.

Our defense holds a team to a season low for 3 quarters and then gives up 20+ in one quarter.

Our offense puts up 30 first half points and then fades into nothing.

I'm starting to get the feeling that we will always be "one <blank> away" from being a real contender. A few weeks ago it was one CB. Now its one WR. After today's game its one QB.

We get great production from everyone and then one facet of our game breaks down so stupendously that we go up in flames.

Its what seems to define the Texans, and has for years.

badboy
10-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I think I have overvalued this team again as I did last season. Take our star (AJ) away & the O becomes h(o) hum. Foster had no one to relieve him and Ob( however you spell it) should not be on roster. What the heck happened to Antoine Caldwell? He was supposed to be the starting center and then the right guard. He can't even replace an injured Briesel?

I was not very pleased with what I saw with Joseph. Yeah few plays were successful against him but seemed to me that had little to do with his efforts. WHat happened to all the OLbs we had? Braman nor Reed impressed and Sharpton "chased well".

If Casey was pulled after getting flagged, then Vicker should forfeit his paycheck for this game.

Why can't our quarterback guru convince Schaub to lift his passes up just a bit?

HJam72
10-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I think I have overvalued this team again as I did last season. Take our star (AJ) away & the O becomes h(o) hum. Foster had no one to relieve him and Ob( however you spell it) should not be on roster. What the heck happened to Antoine Caldwell? He was supposed to be the starting center and then the right guard. He can't even replace an injured Briesel?

I was not very pleased with what I saw with Joseph. Yeah few plays were successful against him but seemed to me that had little to do with his efforts. WHat happened to all the OLbs we had? Braman nor Reed impressed and Sharpton "chased well".

If Casey was pulled after getting flagged, then Vicker should forfeit his paycheck for this game.

Why can't our quarterback guru convince Schaub to lift his passes up just a bit?

Jonathon Joseph? He shut his guy down all game.

Yeah, Vickers' drop REALLY ticks me off. That was the game right there.

Schaub really does need to quit looking for excuses to throw the ball in the dirt. I think he does it intentionally so much that he does it by accident too often as well.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
The Texans will begin sales of this new item in their TEXANS SHOP. This "jersey" will come in very useful for the avid Texans fan not to hurt himself after games like this.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1w1zud70OoCtzOwp6JA3iLsVar1Xc9 5_QLQ_gizUlZYJfffiiTi3HW6qR

badboy
10-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Jonathon Joseph? He shut his guy down all game.

Yeah, Vickers' drop REALLY ticks me off. That was the game right there.

Schaub really does need to quit looking for excuses to throw the ball in the dirt. I think he does it intentionally so much that he does it by accident too often as well.His assignment didn't do anything but not sure how much Joseph had to do with as I said. Evaluate on what you see not if the WR does not catchball.

hradhak
10-09-2011, 05:13 PM
This was another frustrating one. Rackers makes a field goal, Vickers catches a pass, etc. We had too many fails in the execution department and the play calling got too conservative too early.

Norg
10-09-2011, 05:36 PM
well if we hit the reset Button we will have a new batch of players to Succued or fail