PDA

View Full Version : Players or Coaches

TexansBull
10-09-2011, 05:29 PM
After a loss like this, I can't help but feel torn between blaming the players or do I blame the coaches.

Players fault arguement - Players had chances to win the game. I am looking at Vickers, Jacoby, and Schaub. Vickers dropped the ball to potentially tie the game. Jacoby just isn't the answer at number 2 or 3. And Schaub - bad throws, bad decisions.

Coaches fault arguement - Coaches played too conservative for too long. You picked these players to win.

But in the end, I put the majority of the blame for this game on the players. There were just too many chances to win and you guys made the wrong decisions and wrong plays at all the wrong times.

What say yall?

TimeKiller
10-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Who cares?

JUST WIN BABY

Something they could learn from the Raiders. Ugly win? Is a win. They all lost. So both.

HJam72
10-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Vickers and Jones. That's your game.

Props to the D for shutting down McFadden....and looking alright overall DESPITE US ONLY HAVING 1 CB ON THE WHOLE TEAM... :toropalm:

PS-I change my vote to: Vickers, Jones....and Jason Allen.

Runner
10-09-2011, 05:35 PM
I say it's been the same every year under Kubiak. I'm not blaming the players too much.

playa465
10-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Who cares?

JUST WIN BABY

Something they could learn from the Raiders. Ugly win? Is a win. They all lost. So both.

Indeed..reppin

Ckw
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
I say it's been the same every year under Kubiak. I'm not blaming the players too much.

This is kind of how I'm thinking. I voted coaches, but the players were terrible as well.

But it was Kubiak and Smith's decision to not sign a WR and now we are paying for it. It was Kubiak's decision to bring back Jacoby and give him ridiculous money. These guys can't evaluate talent to save their lives.

So yeah, the players sucked, but the coaches (namely Gary) put them out there.

TexanSam
10-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Can't put the blame on just one or the other. There's plenty of it to go around. But I vote players more than coaches. Kubiak may have called a bad game, but we had a chance to win at the end and Schaub and Co. didn't execute.

Dishman
10-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Vickers and Jones. That's your game.

Props to the D for shutting down McFadden....and looking alright overall DESPITE US ONLY HAVING 1 CB ON THE WHOLE TEAM... :toropalm:

PS-I change my vote to: Vickers, Jones....and Jason Allen.

It's been overlooked that McFadden was pretty much shutdown for most of the game. He got some yards in the 2nd half, but he came into this game as the leading NFL rusher. Not too bad on the part of the D. They held their own to some degree after losing Mario.

hradhak
10-09-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm putting this one on the players. Kubes was too conservative, but we had our chances and didn't execute. The real problem was our O line got pushed around all day. They couldn't open holes for Foster and they couldn't pass protect. Schaub didn't do things to help his o line, but I think the O line failed throughout the game to do their job.

DX-TEX
10-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm putting this one on the players. Kubes was too conservative, but we had our chances and didn't execute. The real problem was our O line got pushed around all day. They couldn't open holes for Foster and they couldn't pass protect. Schaub didn't do things to help his o line, but I think the O line failed throughout the game to do their job.

Yep. I have been hyping them up all week as the best in the league and then they pull this stinker. I should have expected this.

4Texans
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
I've got to put it on the players. There just seem to be some bad decisions made on the field of play. Give credit to the Raiders, they really controled the line of scrimmage from where I was sitting...

Buffi2
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Players. Jones was awful, Vickers dropping the ball was inexcusable, Schaub - to give him credit - didn't get the deer in the headlights look but they appeared to be working in slow motion. He just wasn't with the game and his throws were off all day. If Jones had made a couple of plays or if Vickers had caught the ball, we would be talking a different outcome.

Giving Gary credit, some of the playcalling was quite good - some back to his conservative self but I don't blame Kubiak for this one. I do believe we need to go find TO and see if he has recovered from his ACL.

burro
10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
This one is definitely on the players...Vickers dropping the TD, Schaub blowing the final play...Jacoby being the antithesis of the man whose shoes he had stepped into...etc. Kubiak isn't a great HC, but this isn't "on him"....for once.

Hervoyel
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM

This. I can't even blame "The Coaches" because I truly only blame one of them.

Gary's the problem and that's why making him accept a proven DC wasn't gonna fix things. He's not a Head Coach. It's just not gonna change.

Hervoyel
10-09-2011, 07:46 PM
This one is definitely on the players...Vickers dropping the TD, Schaub blowing the final play...Jacoby being the antithesis of the man whose shoes he had stepped into...etc. Kubiak isn't a great HC, but this isn't "on him"....for once.

Sure it is. Who decided to keep Vickers around? Who brought us Schaub? Who's mancrush on Jacoby Jones seems to have prevented us from going out and getting a real #2 WR when they were everywhere this summer?

That team is a direct reflection of Gary Kubiak. He's to blame for every last bit of stink that comes off of them.

Kimmy
10-09-2011, 08:01 PM
It's the fans fault ... for selling their tickets to Raiders :stirpot:

dream_team
10-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Initially I wanted to say coaches because Raiders D made it a point to stop the run. They really stacked the box, but Houston coaches didn't adjust.

But after thinking about it more, I went with players.

- Rackers missed an easy field goal
- Vickers dropped the easy TD
- Dreesen dropped an easy first down
- Briesel & Smith were having problems all game
- Schaub didn't show any poise
- Jacoby, is well... Jacoby

DexmanC
10-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Is this a new thread, or is this the one from 2009?

Thanks.

thunderkyss
10-09-2011, 09:34 PM
I've got to put it on the players. There just seem to be some bad decisions made on the field of play. Give credit to the Raiders, they really controled the line of scrimmage from where I was sitting...

The only reason I would believe we were too conservative, was because we weren't throwing the ball down field.

But I don't think that was because of the play calling. I saw plenty of receivers open downfield, I saw plenty of balls going who the hell knows where.

I blame the players, but I also blame the coaches, but not for being conservative... I don't think we were being conservative from a coaching perspective.

thunderkyss
10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Jacoby being the antithesis of the man whose shoes he had stepped into...

I thought Jacoby had a hell of a day. Not his fault the ball was barely thrown his way, or when it was he had to make some highly unlikely acrobatic play on the ball. There was one that went through his hands, I'm not saying he was perfect, but he was schooling them cornerbacks all day.

Think about it, if we had a sub-par CB on the field, would you expect a QB of Jason Campbell's stature to identify him & pick on him?

Oakland's #2 & #3 CBs weren't even dressed up.

Kimmy
10-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I thought Jacoby had a hell of a day. Not his fault the ball was barely thrown his way, or when it was he had to make some highly unlikely acrobatic play on the ball. There was one that went through his hands, I'm not saying he was perfect, but he was schooling them cornerbacks all day.

Think about it, if we had a sub-par CB on the field, would you expect a QB of Jason Campbell's stature to identify him & pick on him?

Oakland's #2 & #3 CBs weren't even dressed up.

Are you serious? He was thrown at 11 times, that's the same amount as Daniels, the two most targeted receivers ...

Pantherstang84
10-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Jacoby Jones is what he is. A failed WR experiment. Targeted 11 times. 1 catch for 9 yards. Seriously, you can't make it up.

EllisUnit
10-09-2011, 09:57 PM
yeah 11 times is a lot, sure some of the balls were bad throws BUT a lot of them were still catchable.