PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Jones is just not a good WR

eriadoc
10-09-2011, 02:44 PM
At this stage in his career, he ought to be running crisp routes, coming back for the ball, fighting for the ball, and getting open better than he is. I just don't see it. And frankly, I don't think he'll ever be as good as Kevin Walter, which is already a pretty low bar.

This team needs WRs.

Kaiser Toro
10-09-2011, 02:46 PM
At this stage in his career, he ought to be running crisp routes, coming back for the ball, fighting for the ball, and getting open better than he is. I just don't see it. And frankly, I don't think he'll ever be as good as Kevin Walter, which is already a pretty low bar.

This team needs WRs.

He tried to catch that batted ball in the last minute. Just shows his lack of feel for the game. Going into the draft I felt WR was a major need for us, how we did not address this is mind boggling.

PapaL
10-09-2011, 02:48 PM
There is no one I dislike more than Jones. Dude is horrible. No hands, no awareness, jumps offsides as a WR. He's good for punt return here and there but horrible as a WR.

Kimmy
10-09-2011, 03:14 PM
He thought he got saved by a PI ... turns out, no flag. Good call, he just got burned. I loath him. Plus, he can't for the life of him run FORWARD on returns ... drives me insane

Ckw
10-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah, Jacoby sucks.

But you want to know what sucks more?

This organization that thought we would be just fine going into the season with Jacoby and Walter as our #2 and #3 WRs.

Wolf
10-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Jacoby:the little engine hat can't

eriadoc
10-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah, Jacoby sucks.

But you want to know what sucks more?

This organization that thought we would be just fine going into the season with Jacoby and Walter as our #2 and #3 WRs.

I agree that the organization needs to recognize that shortcoming. But I don't know that I can blame them for going all in on defense this off-season.

cdollaz
10-09-2011, 03:59 PM
The amount of money we gave him to keep him around is just stupid.

Mr. Texan
10-09-2011, 04:00 PM
maybe if he spent more time working on getting better instead of partying all over houston like he's a superstar he would amount to something.

Wolf
10-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Why catch the ball at the 5 on an over the shoulder catch?

FuzzyLogic
10-09-2011, 04:08 PM
So far throwing to Jacoby is a waste of a down.

stingray
10-09-2011, 04:27 PM
I hate you Jacoby!!!

Wolf
10-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I honestly feel right now that I can't root for him.. I can't see how he can be on the field anymore.

Mr. Texan
10-09-2011, 04:34 PM
f jacoby jones

gtexan02
10-09-2011, 04:40 PM
I concur. He falls down more than kj

Kimmy
10-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Jacoby couldn't catch an STD while sleeping with a hooker

JamesBill
10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Bad game but most of the balls he was trying to catch were WAY off. Matt had a terrible day to combine with Jacoby's bad day.

utahmark
10-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Bad game but most of the balls he was trying to catch were WAY off. Matt had a terrible day to combine with Jacoby's bad day.

His cuts take longer than mine. The balls are there but he takes so long to get out of his break that it looks like a bad throw.

Norg
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Bench his ass i dont even know why we throw to him anymore send in anybody Towlie Anderson teh Waterboy Anybody !!!!!!!!!! bring back Andre davis

eriadoc
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
That PI call he drew toward the end was legitimate, but be honest: Do you really think that little contact would have knocked down AJ? Or hell, even Walter? And the man just can't run an out route to save his life.

NitroGSXR
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM

Way off? Andre would disagree with you. The point is that Andre would have put himself in position to actually catch these balls as opposed to Jacoby "diving/dance for everything" Jones.

eriadoc
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM
His cuts take longer than mine. The balls are there but he takes so long to get out of his break that it looks like a bad throw.

This.

Wolf
10-09-2011, 04:49 PM
seemed like Jacoby was too busy trying to draw a P.I. flag everytime it was thrown to him than to quit worrying about the refs and go get the freaking ball

his punt return sklls suck.. too much dancing ... yeah yeah he ran won back earlier this year.. but hey sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while

Mr. Texan
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
on the schuab pick, jacoby jones could have tried a move to the back of the endzone because there was nobody behind him.

he just stood there.

TimeKiller
10-09-2011, 05:15 PM
OD and Walter catch everything thrown to them, move the chains............and then it's like 3 quarters of watching JJ fail to make an impact as a receiver. Dude doesn't have it. Never did. Never will.

jtexas
10-09-2011, 05:26 PM
on the schuab pick, jacoby jones could have tried a move to the back of the endzone because there was nobody behind him.

he just stood there.

He sucks so freaking bad. He dances around on punt returns, can't quickly cut on his routes, and looks like a rookie from a DIII school. When Schaub threw that deep pass to him in the endzone, jacoby looked stupid going for the ball. That was a 5% probability play.

PapaL
10-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Jacoby couldn't catch an STD while sleeping with a hooker

I posted that on my fb earlier! hahaha

vupac1
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM
His only skill as a WR is to look at the refs and beg for a PI flag

...and he's apparently not even very good at that

jppaul
10-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Anyone wanna give Randy moss a call?

TexansBull
10-09-2011, 05:39 PM

he just stood there.

I agree with everything you just said except for one thing.

He just stood there behind Michael Huff. Could you try to separate yourself from him? Maybe give the QB a chance to throw it to you without hugging the opposing player?

EllisUnit
10-09-2011, 05:41 PM

he just stood there.

yeah thats the difference between him and a good WR like johnson. you dont just stand there waiting for ur QB to throw and give a cb time to easily step right in front of you while you do nothing to prevent it our make the catch.

TheMatrix31
10-09-2011, 05:43 PM
RT @evansilva: #Texans WR Jacoby Jones' Week 5: Team-high 11 targets. One catch for 9 yards. Berrianesque.

He needs to be cut tonight.

Texas T
10-09-2011, 05:46 PM
RT @evansilva: #Texans WR Jacoby Jones' Week 5: Team-high 11 targets. One catch for 9 yards. Berrianesque.

Says it all.

//end thread//

4x4tx
10-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Yep I agree, he blows. Waste of a roster space, even on his kick returns as others have said he dances way to much..as a WR his route running blows, his cuts arent there and the timing is off. Waste of space. Walter and Anderson dont have the physical talent but they do what they are suppose to do and are way tougher. Daniels is also a tough SOB.

Norg
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
WERE is Bryant Johnson ...........?????

Ryan
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Andre would have won the game for us at the end there. All Jones had to do was follow Schaub a little bit, there was plenty of space towards the pylon.

Dude has alot of talent, but no football instincts. Need to get rid of him.

hradhak
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
I think we saw how good AJ actually is by watching JJ. AJ runs clean routes, reads the QBs motion and makes plays to keep the play going. JJ runs sloppy routes, makes ugly cuts, doesn't look back at the QB until its too late and is just never open.
Ultimately I don't disagree with drafting for defense last offseason. And I also don't think we need a #2 WR. KW played well today when he was needed. We need a#3 WR and that is not JJ

EllisUnit
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Andre would have won the game for us at the end there. All Jones had to do was follow Schaub a little bit, there was plenty of space towards the pylon.

Dude has alot of talent, but no football instincts. Need to get rid of him.

yep instead he just stands there looking retarded.

fikster
10-09-2011, 07:08 PM
I like the abilities Darling showed for us. Unfortunately, due to The league he can't resign with us for a few more weeks due to injury settlement. He has a lot of Andre qualities and similar build

Scooter
10-09-2011, 07:29 PM
the worst part about jacoby's game is his routes, and they are impossibly bad. we are a timing offense, matt is going to put the ball on a spot and it's the receiver's job to be there. it works for daniels, it works for andre, it works for walter and foster and dreesson and everyone else ... but throws towards jacoby are 5 yards off in any given direction.

he's got hands, he's got YAC ... but that doesnt mean squat if he can run the route and get open.

srrono
10-09-2011, 07:36 PM

this is right jacoby also doesnt come back to the ball, he is always trioing himself up

eriadoc
10-09-2011, 07:40 PM
this is right jacoby also doesnt come back to the ball, he is always trioing himself up

That kinda sounds kinky.

Hervoyel
10-09-2011, 08:02 PM

This team needs WRs.

Indeed. He runs shit routes, he's got lousy hands, he's terrible at getting separation. He's the guy you keep at the bottom of your depth chart because he's fast as all hell and runs a punt back for a TD once a year.

But hey, he does a hell of a "Look what a bad-ass I am" walk after he's tackled on punt returns. That's gotta be worth.... No? Nothing? Ok.

Here he's Gary's #2. It truly boggles the mind trying to figure out what Gary is thinking.

ziggy29
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Indeed. He runs shit routes, he's got lousy hands, he's terrible at getting separation. He's the guy you keep at the bottom of your depth chart because he's fast as all hell and runs a punt back for a TD once a year.

Yep. I think you keep him around for special teams at the right price, but he should NOT be this high on the depth chart at WR.

steelbtexan
10-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Signings like JJ are why this team has cap problems. What a waste of $$$$.

Party on Jacoby life is good keep on stealing those $$$$.

sakebomb
10-09-2011, 08:23 PM
We all knew that he isn't any good as a Wr. Hopefully the coaching staff and front office will notice it now.

His PR skills are frustrating too. Quit dancing when you catch the freaking ball and run!!!

EVOLVIST
10-09-2011, 08:45 PM
...And just think: We could have had Plaxico Burress for a little less than what we paid Jacoby Jones.

I know the Texans are all about Guy Smilies on their team; but give me a break, Plaxico shot his friggin self on accident! He's not a hood rat like Pacman Jones, and he didn't murder anybody like a certain Raven (nevermore, nevermore!)

Plaxico isn't exactly burning it up in NYC, but c'mon, he would have been a great placeholder until next years' draft.

jppaul
10-10-2011, 01:50 AM
There is a lot of blame to go around but I'm going to lay a large heap of it on Jacoby. We run a timing and rhythm passing game which means when Schaub throws the deep out he throws it before Jones is out if his break. He's expecting a quick and sharp cut, but Jones is cutting like he has nails in his shoes which takes a half second longer which is why all of this balls are just out of his diving reach. Some of the blame has to go to the coaches, I realize jones has more athletic potential but Walter is the better route runner and better football player. Put Walter in the number one slot let jj be the no 2 or 3. 11 targets 1? Completion ridiculous.

On the last play jj has to wall off the defender and come back to the ball, thus lessening the time the ball is in the air ergo lessening the potential for another player to make a play. Instead he took a step away from the ball allowing the defender to fill the space he had just vacated.

On returns jj needs to get upfield, the lanes develop because of north south movement ruining the other teams angles, running east and west always draws a crowd.

As for the o-line they have always had problems with massive dlines, no surprise there.

pbat488
10-10-2011, 02:01 AM
The problem with JJ...

is that he sucks.

dream_team
10-10-2011, 03:11 AM
I agree. His route running is worse than his hands.

rmartin65
10-10-2011, 08:24 AM
But I thought he shut the haters up in week 1?

ThaJokaa
10-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Release JJ and promote Jeff Meahl from the PS?

Hervoyel
10-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Release JJ and promote Jeff Meahl from the PS?

Seriously, I wouldn't release JJ. He's our punt returner. I'd bring up Meahl though and see if he could contribute. I'd drop JJ to the bottom of the WR depth chart for that useless performance though. 11 targets and one catch is where you say "Bring up the practice squad guy, he can't do any worse than this".

ThaJokaa
10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Seriously, I wouldn't release JJ. He's our punt returner. I'd bring up Meahl though and see if he could contribute. I'd drop JJ to the bottom of the WR depth chart for that useless performance though. 11 targets and one catch is where you say "Bring up the practice squad guy, he can't do any worse than this".

Try out Meahl on PR also, cuz JJ aint doing shit anymore...

Grams
10-10-2011, 11:23 AM

You mean the punt returner that has to go backwards before he can go forward. He takes like 3 seconds to make up his mind on what he is going to do and then he usually goes backward in stead of just catching the ball and running forward.

Any other WR on the Texans should be able to do better than JJ.

Double Barrel
10-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Jacoby Jones is a fine example of the Kubiak regime. That was hard to watch yesterday.

silvrhand
10-10-2011, 11:25 AM
You mean the punt returner that has to go backwards before he can go forward. He takes like 3 seconds to make up his mind on what he is going to do and then he usually goes backward in stead of just catching the ball and running forward.

Any other WR on the Texans should be able to do better than JJ.

on a positive note after 3 years at least he doesn't muff the punt about 50% of the time..

ArlingtonTexan
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Jacoby Jones is a fine example of the Kubiak regime. That was hard to watch yesterday.

The keep giving chance after chance to guys who you have had plenty of opportunity to evaluate comes from way further up than the head coach.

Double Barrel
10-10-2011, 11:38 AM
The keep giving chance after chance to guys who you have had plenty of opportunity to evaluate comes from way further up than the head coach.

That thought scares me, because there are only two dudes higher than Gary. And one of them can't be replaced.

CloakNNNdagger
10-10-2011, 05:13 PM

....and he was on the field for 70 plays!

Wolf6151
10-10-2011, 05:27 PM

Travis Johnson, Amobi Okoye, Antwaun Molden, Jacoby Jones, Domonique Barber, Ahman Green, Charles Spencer, and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more. Anyone notice a pattern here? We give players way to much time to prove they're not worthy of being in the NFL. Kubiak sucks as a talent evaluator.

CretorFrigg
10-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Travis Johnson, Amobi Okoye, Antwaun Molden, Jacoby Jones, Domonique Barber, Ahman Green, Charles Spencer, and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more. Anyone notice a pattern here? We give players way to much time to prove they're not worthy of being in the NFL. Kubiak sucks as a talent evaluator.

Freakin' Rick Smith.

Carr Bombed
10-10-2011, 05:34 PM

Charles Spencer doesn't belong on that list. He's just a player who had his NFL dream taken away from him, because of a devestating leg injury..no need to bag on the guy. It was simply a tough break.

Molden never started and neither does Barber...every team has two bit role players like that on their roster.

Wolf6151
10-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Charles Spencer doesn't belong on that list. He's just a player who had his NFL dream taken away from him, because of a devestating leg injury..no need to bag on the guy. It was simply a tough break.

Molden never started and neither does Barber...every team has two bit role players like that on their roster.

I'm not bagging on Spencer but on Kubiaks ability to evaluate talent and the lack there of. I agree Charles Spencer was injured seriously, so why did we pay him for 2 more years on the IR list? He then attempted a pitiful come back once he'd reached approx. 400 lbs.. Remember he and Dunta workingout together? An injury settlement should have been reached instead of continuing to pay him full salary on the IR list. Given way to many chances. Your right Molden never started but he still hung around way to long providing us nothing. Yes every team has 2 bit role players but most don't keep them around as long as we do just to play special teams badly. Special teams is where your low round draft picks and UDFA's play for a couple year and move up or move on.

ESAD2-14
10-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm not bagging on Spencer but on Kubiaks ability to evaluate talent and the lack there of. I agree Charles Spencer was injured seriously, so why did we pay him for 2 more years on the IR list? He then attempted a pitiful come back once he'd reached approx. 400 lbs.. Remember he and Dunta workingout together? An injury settlement should have been reached instead of continuing to pay him full salary on the IR list. Given way to many chances. Your right Molden never started but he still hung around way to long providing us nothing. Yes every team has 2 bit role players but most don't keep them around as long as we do just to play special teams badly. Special teams is where your low round draft picks and UDFA's play for a couple year and move up or move on.

Couldn't say for sure. But that that did take place at the time the Texans had no one at LT. Spencer by all reports was playing beastly at LT, unfortunately Dayne ran up on his leg. Only reason I would suspect why they kept Spencer around was because the pickins' were pretty slim for the Texans at that time; Charles Spencer had shown some promise at a position the Texans desperately needed help. E. Salaam was the other option we had, D. Brown came in a couple of years after. Remember this was when the Texans had what was considered one of the most porous O-lines in the NFL.

ArlingtonTexan
10-10-2011, 07:07 PM
That thought scares me, because there are only two dudes higher than Gary. And one of them can't be replaced.

and the one who can't be replaced has set a culture where "patience" is rewarded. I mean if Kubiak can keep a job mostly because of patience on the owners part, why would not he extend same sort of thing to Jacoby and others when the owner established a culture where patience is virtue to an almost illogal extent.

thunderkyss
10-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm watching the game again (the first half was actually pretty good)... I'm counting Jacoby's targets.

So far I've counted 9 & of the 9, only two were catchable. Most of them were balls thrown in Jacoby's direction & because Matt was getting pressured.... JJ had no chance.

One of those was with Stanford Routte draped around his waist, Matt threw it out of bounds, as he was getting hit. Jacoby ran a great route, Routte got beat & grabed JJ.

I do like JJ, he's one of my favorite players. But if he wasn't playing well, I have no issues saying so.

I started watching & after three amazing catches by OD, I thought maybe I'm being too lenient. Then I started counting JJ's targets, & it's not funny.

I don't think JJ is where we need him to be.... needs to get a lot better. but this thread is ridiculous.

I'm also one of the guys who wanted Julio Jones..... who thinks we still need to go after a WR early in the draft.

BigBull17
10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm watching the game again (the first half was actually pretty good)... I'm counting Jacoby's targets.

So far I've counted 9 & of the 9, only two were catchable. Most of them were balls thrown in Jacoby's direction & because Matt was getting pressured.... JJ had no chance.

One of those was with Stanford Routte draped around his waist, Matt threw it out of bounds, as he was getting hit. Jacoby ran a great route, Routte got beat & grabed JJ.

I do like JJ, he's one of my favorite players. But if he wasn't playing well, I have no issues saying so.

I started watching & after three amazing catches by OD, I thought maybe I'm being too lenient. Then I started counting JJ's targets, & it's not funny.

I don't think JJ is where we need him to be.... needs to get a lot better. but this thread is ridiculous.

I'm also one of the guys who wanted Julio Jones..... who thinks we still need to go after a WR early in the draft.

Yeah, I think we need one desperatly. Think the front office made a huge blunder not upgrading the position. JJ needs to be a punt returner and situational WR. Not a knock, but he isn't an every down pass catcher in the NFL. KW is undervalued around here but he should be a slot guy. Big body, great hands, and best blocking WR in the NFL(minus Polomalu play last week). Just don't have a guy outside of 80 that scares you 1 bit.

Matt had some bad throws, not gonna lie, but there were a few passes that JJ just screwed up. There was a slant where the ball went right through his hands. It was a bad missed catch.

PapaL
10-10-2011, 08:16 PM
JJ could make a good DB. Bad hands and near the ball most of the time. I wonder how his form tackling is? Hmmm...

leebigeztx
10-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Matt threw a lot of uncatchable ball at jacoby. He ran some god routes, got open and matt skipped the ball because his pocket wasn't clean. This also goes back to my gripe about no real #2 wr. When it was apparent edwards wasn't getting a long term deal, the texans should've signed edwards. For 1m and incentives, he would've been great opposite aj and in times like theses, he would be ur #1.

steelbtexan
10-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Does anybody think JJ may have injured his knee worse than originally thought in the end zone celebration?

Not being able to make sharp cuts because of the knee injury could have been the reason he was rounding off his routes.

Texan_Bill
10-10-2011, 10:25 PM
JJ could make a good DB. Bad hands and near the ball most of the time. I wonder how his form tackling is? Hmmm...

:heh:

Texan_Bill
10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Does anybody think JJ may have injured his knee worse than originally thought in the end zone celebration?

Not being able to make sharp cuts because of the knee injury could have been the reason he was rounding off his routes.

No, I totally agree!! His knee injury has a direct affect on his hands turning to bricks!! Its the same thing as the Madussa effect, only different..

thunderkyss
10-10-2011, 10:37 PM
The last three to Jacoby were silly. He got mugged on one, but since it was a tipped ball, there was no pass inteference.

The second was also batted down, he had no chance of catching either one.

The last one, he ran a decent route, beat Routte(sp) straight up. Route grabed him blatantly, but since the ball was thrown out of bounds...... because Matt had a few guys in his face, they didn't call it.

That's three targets right there that don't tell the story of Jacoby Jones. 11 targets mean he was doing his job & getting open. The ball just didn't get to him... tipped balls or rushed passes..... I think Kubiak explained it pretty well in his press conference & on his show.

Sometimes there was pressure on the QB & they didn't get the ball to Jacoby. Other times, Matt was clean, but Jacoby wasn't open. We've got to get better as a team, it's not just one player.

If all you did was watch T.V. & repeat what the announcer says, you're doing yourself a great disservice.

steelbtexan
10-10-2011, 11:13 PM
No, I totally agree!! His knee injury has a direct affect on his hands turning to bricks!! Its the same thing as the Madussa effect, only different..

LOL

Ladies and gentlemen that's some funny stuff right there.

Any Madussa refrence deserves a rep.

thunderkyss
10-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Just saw the fade to JJ in the endzone.... pitiful effort by Jacoby.

Not the best thrown ball... Not very good at all, but Matt threw it early because he was getting clobbered by Wade Smith's new domestic partner. The ball was close enough, Jacoby located it early enough he should have made a better play on the ball.

But.... Walter crosses in front of his defender at the Goal line.. clean, would have been a TD. However, like I said, Schaub didn't have time to do anything more than what he did.

devo-x
10-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Bryant Johnson starting for JJ next game? I agree JJ should stay at Punt returner and situational WR for right now

BigBull17
10-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Matt threw a lot of uncatchable ball at jacoby. He ran some god routes, got open and matt skipped the ball because his pocket wasn't clean. This also goes back to my gripe about no real #2 wr. When it was apparent edwards wasn't getting a long term deal, the texans should've signed edwards. For 1m and incentives, he would've been great opposite aj and in times like theses, he would be ur #1.

I thought about that, but there is no way he threw that many bad passes to JJ. One or two, yeah. I think JJ's routes werent crisp enough with a QB being pressured. Also, a few passes were not right to JJ, but he was close enough that he should have made a grab. He's just not very good.

thunderkyss
10-11-2011, 10:22 AM
I thought about that, but there is no way he threw that many bad passes to JJ. One or two, yeah. I think JJ's routes werent crisp enough with a QB being pressured. Also, a few passes were not right to JJ, but he was close enough that he should have made a grab. He's just not very good.

I went through and counted 15 targets on Jacoby. I know the official stats say 11, but they must not be counting the batted balls & such that I'm assuming were aimed at Jacoby.

But yes, it seemed as if every time he threw the ball at Jacoby, Matt was getting hit. Most likely because most of them were deep routes & our OL just didn't hold up.

Jacoby kept looking for the PI, because he was getting mugged. But the rule is on a tipped pass, there is no PI. But Jacoby was getting open all day, his the high number of targets.

The fade to the endzone, was probably the only one I think Jacoby could have given more effort, that was one Andre definitely would have "found a way" to get. But Matt got hit on that one, & couldn't get the ball to the pylon.

At the game, I just about always watch our receivers & CBs.... everything else, I can see when I get home & watch the DVR. But Jacoby was getting open all day & I was pissed at Matt for throwing all the ducks at Jacoby.

But when I got home & saw the pressure that Matt had to deal with, I've got much respect for that man.

Vinny
10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
At the game, I just about always watch our receivers & CBs.... everything else, I can see when I get home & watch the DVR. But Jacoby was getting open all day & I was pissed at Matt for throwing all the ducks at Jacoby.

But when I got home & saw the pressure that Matt had to deal with, I've got much respect for that man. I watched as much as I could see and what I saw was a wr running sloppy routes, making big rounded cuts when he should have stuck his foot in the ground and made sharp turns. Big sloppy routes with looping rounded edges changes where you are on the field by a few yards....and Schaub sure looked like he was just a few yards "off" most of the day. I don't see that many awful passes when AJ is running routes. I think those are on Jacoby "I'm really only a kick returner" Jones.

BigBull17
10-11-2011, 10:28 AM
I went through and counted 15 targets on Jacoby. I know the official stats say 11, but they must not be counting the batted balls & such that I'm assuming were aimed at Jacoby.

But yes, it seemed as if every time he threw the ball at Jacoby, Matt was getting hit. Most likely because most of them were deep routes & our OL just didn't hold up.

Jacoby kept looking for the PI, because he was getting mugged. But the rule is on a tipped pass, there is no PI. But Jacoby was getting open all day, his the high number of targets.

The fade to the endzone, was probably the only one I think Jacoby could have given more effort, that was one Andre definitely would have "found a way" to get. But Matt got hit on that one, & couldn't get the ball to the pylon.

But when I got home & saw the pressure that Matt had to deal with, I've got much respect for that man.

Oh yeah, the O-line was awful. I thought the gameplan was actually sound. They used their TE's to perfection. I will ***** that when Oakland was packing 10 in the box, the Texans were condensing down and playing right into their hands.

infantrycak
10-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I watched as much as I could see and what I saw was a wr running sloppy routes, making big rounded cuts when he should have stuck his foot in the ground and made sharp turns. Big sloppy routes with looping rounded edges changes where you are on the field by a few yards....and Schaub sure looked like he was just a few yards "off" most of the day. I don't see that many awful passes when AJ is running routes. I think those are on Jacoby "I'm really only a kick returner" Jones.

Yup. People see a ball in what doesn't look like perfect placement for a receiver and assume the QB made a bad throw when a lot of the time the receiver ran a poor route or did something the QB didn't expect. Breaking two yards too late can easily make a pass look under thrown for example.

Double Barrel
10-11-2011, 12:35 PM
That spectacular throw and catch between Schaub and Walter showed me that the QB was not out of his game when the receiver was in position.

Jones should never have been put in at no. 1. Dude just can't hang in that role and folded under the pressure of the responsibility.

Vinny
10-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Jones should never have been put in at no. 1. Dude just can't hang in that role and folded under the pressure of the responsibility.

Take away AJ and you have Kevin Walter, Bryant Johnson (was a street FA a few weeks ago), David Anderson (was a street FA a few weeks ago) and Jacoby Jones. That is one weakass group of WR's.

Double Barrel
10-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Take away AJ and you have Kevin Walter, Bryant Johnson (was a street FA a few weeks ago), David Anderson (was a street FA a few weeks ago) and Jacoby Jones. That is one weakass group of WR's.

It's pathetic. I'm shocked, I tell ya', just shocked that an alleged 'offensive genius' would field such a weak bunch of receivers.

Hervoyel
10-11-2011, 12:45 PM

It's pathetic. I'm shocked, I tell ya', just shocked that an alleged 'offensive genius' would field such a weak bunch of receivers.

Been crying for a while like a lot of people about no legitimate #2 in the bunch. Lot of role players and there's a place for role players but nobody on the other side of the field that has to be accounted for every down or he'll kill ya.

Plaxico could have been that guy. Cheap.

gtexan02
10-11-2011, 12:45 PM

AND talk about how well they played and how content he is with them

CloakNNNdagger
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
I watched as much as I could see and what I saw was a wr running sloppy routes, making big rounded cuts when he should have stuck his foot in the ground and made sharp turns. Big sloppy routes with looping rounded edges changes where you are on the field by a few yards....and Schaub sure looked like he was just a few yards "off" most of the day. I don't see that many awful passes when AJ is running routes. I think those are on Jacoby "I'm really only a kick returner" Jones.

During the game, I also noticed the same consistently rounded non-sharp cuts. I commented that this could be very consistent with medial and/or lateral collateral knee ligament injury. During that celebration with AJ, you could see him come down on one leg at a very awkward angle, followed by a distinct unnatural wobbling of his knee from left to right (as opposed to the natural movement of forward to backward).........a classic occurrence for collateral ligament injury. After being limited in practice throughout week 4, he continued to be "limited" both last Wednesday and Thursday with a repeated status of "probable," again due to an "knee" injury. It may not explain all the poor play he demonstrated against the Raiders, but it would definitely significantly contribute to it.

Vinny
10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
During the game, I also noticed the same consistently rounded non-sharp cuts. I commented that this could be very consistent with medial and/or lateral collateral knee ligament injury. During that celebration with AJ, you could see him come down on one leg at a very awkward angle, followed by a distinct unnatural wobbling of his knee from left to right (as opposed to the natural movement of forward to backward).........a classic occurrence for collateral ligament injury. After being limited in practice throughout week 4, he continued to be "limited" both last Wednesday and Thursday with a repeated status of "probable" again due to an "knee" injury. It may not explain all the poor play he demonstrated against the Raiders, but it would definitely significantly contribute to it.
Jones hurt himself earlier during a friggin' punt return if you get a chance to rewatch (on NFL replay tonight btw). Why your starting #1wr is taking punts when your real #1 wr is on the bench and two of your 4 wr's were street FA's a few weeks ago is idiotic. Typical Kubes though.

thunderkyss
10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Jones hurt himself earlier during a friggin' punt return if you get a chance to rewatch (on NFL replay tonight btw). Why your starting #1wr is taking punts when your real #1 wr is on the bench and two of your 4 wr's were street FA's a few weeks ago is idiotic. Typical Kubes though.

Well, that's a good question.

BIG TORO
10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Why are we not looking at this Jacoby:
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1289919542655&id=8903cfd16d6e9b3a7dfef7e0b94dd399
Touraj "Jacoby" (T. J.) Houshmandzadeh, Jr.

eriadoc
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Why are we not looking at this Jacoby:

Touraj "Jacoby" (T. J.) Houshmandzadeh, Jr.

Probably the same reason no other NFL team is looking at him - whatever that reason is.

J_R
10-11-2011, 01:19 PM
San Fran giving him a tryout. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/houshmandzadeh-gets-a-look-see-in-san-fran/)

Hervoyel
10-11-2011, 01:23 PM
San Fran giving him a tryout. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/houshmandzadeh-gets-a-look-see-in-san-fran/)

Why haven't we seen this guy trying out here? I don't understand. He's one of a relative handful of people who might be able to help us and yet we're not seeing him even come down here to run some routes? You would think just due diligence or something right?

TejasTom
10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
WERE is Bryant Johnson ...........?????

Hamstring injury.

TejasTom
10-11-2011, 01:40 PM

David Anderson had returned punts for us before so they can't use that excuse...

utahmark
10-11-2011, 01:50 PM

He thinks he can move the ball with less than 1st round talent. He lets the defense have all the good draft picks and free agent money. He figures any fool can install a defense and make it work with enough talent. Only problem was there was not any one on our staff that knew what good talent looked like... until now.

So now we have an offense that is way less talented than most people think and a defense that is just coming together. He put himself into this boat lets see if he can figure out a way to make it work. Should be interesting.

drunkcookie
10-11-2011, 02:01 PM
That spectacular throw and catch between Schaub and Walter showed me that the QB was not out of his game when the receiver was in position.

I thought that was a great pass as well...

Josh Innis on 610 yesterday repeatedly stated that Walter bailed Schaub out on that pass..

HUH? If anything Walter made it harder on himself.. not complaining, Walter made a great catch, but that wasn't the only way to skin that cat...

Over the years i've seen that type of throw and catch go for a house call.. Walter could have jumped both up and forward while turning around and it would have hit him in the numbers... He then could have landed on his feet running and try to arm off the tackle...

Like i said, not complaining, just stating how absurd i think it is to say Schaub was bailed out on that pass, it was a damn fine pass...

If only it could make up for the not so damn fine passes we saw... Oh well, we're not done just yet...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

CloakNNNdagger
10-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Why haven't we seen this guy trying out here? I don't understand. He's one of a relative handful of people who might be able to help us and yet we're not seeing him even come down here to run some routes? You would think just due diligence or something right?

Could part of the reason:

Houshmandzadeh signed a one-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens on September 6, 2010 for the veteran league minimum of $855,000. However, since his $7 million salary with the Seattle Seahawks was guaranteed in his previous contract, Seattle paid him the remaining $6.15 million for 2010. During his short and disastrous tenure in Baltimore, "Housh" mustered only 30 receptions for 398 yards. He managed to score only 3 touchdowns, although one of them won Week 4 against the Pittsburgh Steelers. In the 2010 Divisional Playoff loss vs. Pittsburgh, Houshmandzadeh dropped a critical pass which would've converted a third down and potentially changed the outcome of the game. That, combined with his constant complaining and general poor play, lead to him not being re-signed. He remains a free agent.

Actually, sounds like Jacoby #1..........sans the complaining.....

CloakNNNdagger
10-11-2011, 02:37 PM
From a Baltimore Sun publication last year (reprinted):

Preston: No more complaints from Houshmandzadeh (http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/preston_no_more_complaints_from_houshmandzadeh/3392127)
Maybe wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh is going through some growing pains. As a former No. 1 receiver, it's understandable that he is complaining about not getting enough passes thrown to him. Hopefully, this will end as the Ravens passing game develops and quarterback Joe Flacco spreads the ball around a little more. I like Houshmandzadeh, his toughness and what he brings to the table, but the squawking has to end. Derrick Mason can complain because he has been here for years, and has carried the passing offense for a couple of seasons. He's entitled to whine a little, but the Ravens hold the trump card with Houshmandzadeh. They should remind him that they are only paying him the minimum contract for a veteran and that if he continues to complain, they'll cut him once Donte' Stallworth returns. That ought to slow Houshmandzadeh's chatter.

..........it never did.............

eriadoc
10-24-2011, 08:52 PM
So I hate to point out any negatives in light of a stellar game, but JJ is still not a good WR. The play that is stuck in my mind from yesterdays game is the first play of the first drive in the 3rd quarter:

1-10-HOU 8 (12:34) 8-M.Schaub pass deep middle to 83-K.Walter to HOU 28 for 20 yards (26-J.Babineaux).

Walter catches the ball crossing from the left to the right. Jacoby Jones was running basicaly a fly route on the right side. JJ stopped once Walter caught the ball, and instead of blocking either of two defenders to try and help Walter gain an extra yard or two, he stands there for a second and then jumps backward to clear out of the way.

I know some of y'all have posted pic sequences to illustrate a play. I'd appreciate help in that regard.

TdotTexas2Step
10-24-2011, 09:11 PM
He's still not a good WR, but he's now had at least two serviceable games for us. That's not saying a lot, but there's still hope in him becoming a legit #3 if he just finds consistency.

If the Mason trade alone results in Jones finding that consistency, then that trade did its job for the long term.

speedfreek
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM
he's not just "not good". he's horrible.

wasted pick

TJ

Corrosion
10-24-2011, 09:15 PM
So I hate to point out any negatives in light of a stellar game, but JJ is still not a good WR. The play that is stuck in my mind from yesterdays game is the first play of the first drive in the 3rd quarter:

Walter catches the ball crossing from the left to the right. Jacoby Jones was running basicaly a fly route on the right side. JJ stopped once Walter caught the ball, and instead of blocking either of two defenders to try and help Walter gain an extra yard or two, he stands there for a second and then jumps backward to clear out of the way.

I know some of y'all have posted pic sequences to illustrate a play. I'd appreciate help in that regard.

You might PM 76 on that.

eriadoc
10-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Is there a way to pull video from your DVR and post it online? Or make one of those animated gifs with it?

HOU-TEX
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
I might be wrong, but it looked like he began an attempt at a block but saw it was too late. By no means am I sticking up for JJ. I really thought I saw him make an attempt. The camera showed him talking to Walter afterwards.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 10:36 AM
I might be wrong, but it looked like he began an attempt at a block but saw it was too late. By no means am I sticking up for JJ. I really thought I saw him make an attempt. The camera showed him talking to Walter afterwards.

I saw the same thing, looked like he was thinking about the block in the back rule.

But how often does KDub get YAC? Jj probably thought the play was over as soon as Walter caught the ball.
:kitten:<--j/k

Dutchrudder
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Is there a way to pull video from your DVR and post it online? Or make one of those animated gifs with it?

Yes, you need a capture device/card to do so, then you can edit it down with any sort of video tool like Windows Movie Maker or some Apple crap. I may be able to do this on Friday, once I finish upgrading my PC's and get everything in order, but if someone wants to do it before then go right ahead.

eriadoc
10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
I might be wrong, but it looked like he began an attempt at a block but saw it was too late.

I watched it repeatedly. He didn't. He stood there for a second, so maybe he was calculating the pros and cons, LOL. Then he just jumped backward out of the way. He's just not a physical player at all, even for a WR. But if I'm being nice, maybe I'll just upgrade my criticism to he has no instinct for the game.

badboy
10-25-2011, 11:00 AM
He's still not a good WR, but he's now had at least two serviceable games for us. That's not saying a lot, but there's still hope in him becoming a legit #3 if he just finds consistency.

If the Mason trade alone results in Jones finding that consistency, then that trade did its job for the long term.Yep, he has another 3 years to look for it. :shades:

disaacks3
10-25-2011, 11:11 AM

wasted pick

TJ

Wasted Third rounder? By what measure?

eriadoc
10-25-2011, 11:18 AM

Most of the 3rd round was a waste that year, so I don't really fault the Texans for taking a shot. But most of the other teams have moved on from their '07 3rd round busts, I suspect.

El Tejano
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
This is another reason why I want Andre back so bad. If Jville's CBs can play up on Bolden and Tory Smith, then they can cover Walter and Jones. We need our passing game to be ready for Jville's defense.

Texecutioner
10-25-2011, 12:13 PM

How could you honestly say that JJ wasn't a wasted 3rd rounder? Hell, the guy would be a wasted 6th rounder. He hasn't done jack to make the Texans a winner. He has just been an inconsistent pest on this team that the coaching staff and fans keep glimmering at with all of these false hopes as if he's going to turn into some star when he has never shown any consistency to do that. A wasted pick is a wasted pick no matter what round you're in.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 12:19 PM
How could you honestly say that JJ wasn't a wasted 3rd rounder? Hell, the guy would be a wasted 6th rounder. He hasn't done jack to make the Texans a winner. He has just been an inconsistent pest on this team that the coaching staff and fans keep glimmering at with all of these false hopes as if he's going to turn into some star when he has never shown any consistency to do that. A wasted pick is a wasted pick no matter what round you're in.

I agree, for the most part.

But sometimes I wonder about our offense. When Matt spreads the ball around, he spreads the ball around & this offense clicks. I doubt JJ will ever be the #1 option so we may never see that "big game" we'd like to.

Oakland was a good opportunity.. didn't happen.

Baltimore, I think he made the best of his opportunity in that game.

But you'll see Joel Dressen Flash, & KDub flash, & James Casey flash... then disappear for a couple of games. I don't think it's because these players are "inconsistent" I think it's because Matt does a pretty good job of spreading it around & going with what the defense gives him.

Double Barrel
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM

wasted pick

TJ

I can go back an forth on draft picks. With the exception of first round - which should be solid if you've got a decent FO - the rest of them are a crap shoot.

So I can forgive using a 3rd on JJ with his combine stats.

However, I still don't understand re-signing him and letting Leach go to the Ravens. That move tells me what this coaching staff values, which is obviously the 'finesse' game over the power game. You can't give the ball to JJ for a yard up the middle, but you know it's a high percentage when Leach was carrying or blocking up the gut.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 12:34 PM
However, I still don't understand re-signing him and letting Leach go to the Ravens. That move tells me what this coaching staff values, which is obviously the 'finesse' game over the power game. You can't give the ball to JJ for a yard up the middle, but you know it's a high percentage when Leach was carrying or blocking up the gut.

Jameel Cook.

Remember when Kubiak got here & we got Cook from the Buccaneers? Most of us was like, "WTF??" & TexansChick did a couple of reports showing us what a FB like Cook can do in a WCO, then we were like, "Ah.. I see... "

We stumbled on Leech (journeyman) & used him to the best of his ability. But we ran a lot without Leech on the field as well. I think Kubiak wanted to go with James Casey regardless & Vickers was brought in as insurance.

We've got the 5th most potent running attack in the league right now. Without Leech.

We've seen what Thor can do in this offense...

Hands down, no question, that is one situation Smithiak got right.

:koolaid:

edit: I realize this has nothing to do with extending Jacoby

Double Barrel
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Jameel Cook.

Remember when Kubiak got here & we got Cook from the Buccaneers? Most of us was like, "WTF??" & TexansChick did a couple of reports showing us what a FB like Cook can do in a WCO, then we were like, "Ah.. I see... "

We stumbled on Leech (journeyman) & used him to the best of his ability. But we ran a lot without Leech on the field as well. I think Kubiak wanted to go with James Casey regardless & Vickers was brought in as insurance.

We've got the 5th most potent running attack in the league right now. Without Leech.

We've seen what Thor can do in this offense...

Hands down, no question, that is one situation Smithiak got right.

:koolaid:

edit: I realize this has nothing to do with extending Jacoby

I've read/heard the argument, and I can't argue to a certain extent.

But it's the one yard plays that will really be revealing, especially if this team gets to the playoffs.

One of the local radio hosts mentioned a stat when Leach was in the game blocking (both run & pass), it was a very high percentage that the Texans had positive yard gain. You've also got to factor in the abuse he dished out to opposing LBs, as this certainly has an impact in the fourth quarter.

But, I'm an old school football fan. Power game and defense kinda' stuff. I've seen too many finesse offense teams struggle in the playoffs, when weather become incremental and defenses are better, so I admit my bias toward keeping an old school position like FB at a premium. There is a reason the Ravens snatched him up (forget last night, that was horrible).

I can't argue about Casey, but I'm still not sold on Vickers. Dude has dropped a winning catch and blown too many blocks for sacks at this point for me to give him any love.

bo orlando
10-25-2011, 01:36 PM

But it's the one yard plays that will really be revealing, especially if this team gets to the playoffs.

One of the local radio hosts mentioned a stat when Leach was in the game blocking (both run & pass), it was a very high percentage that the Texans had positive yard gain. You've also got to factor in the abuse he dished out to opposing LBs, as this certainly has an impact in the fourth quarter.

But, I'm an old school football fan. Power game and defense kinda' stuff. I've seen too many finesse offense teams struggle in the playoffs, when weather become incremental and defenses are better, so I admit my bias toward keeping an old school position like FB at a premium. There is a reason the Ravens snatched him up (forget last night, that was horrible).

I can't argue about Casey, but I'm still not sold on Vickers. Dude has dropped a winning catch and blown too many blocks for sacks at this point for me to give him any love.

Seemed like Vickers completely screwed up on the failed fourth down run on Sunday. Vickers basically had two guys to block on the far edge and inexplicably chose to block the outside guy, leaving Foster to take an odd angle to get around his block. If Vickers just mashes forward on the inside guy, Foster has an easy cut-back lane and an easy first down.

Hervoyel
10-25-2011, 01:39 PM

That's how I feel too. There are points in a season where you absolutely, positively need one yard and everyone in the stadium, including the people in the luxury boxes talking business and not paying attention to the game knows you're gonna run. Failure kills a game winning drive and throws your entire season into jeapordy.

Vonta Leach was made for those plays. He wasn't born, he was forged by the gods to put a bruise on somebody's ass every time he hit them. I just think your team gets collectively weaker from not being in that mans presence every day.

I'd have signed Plaxico in a heartbeat, told Jacoby he could take my very minimal offer to come back and return punts, and signed Leach. That set of moves was entirely possible and affordable. A blind GM could have seen their way to doing that. Best of all worlds right there on the table and all Gary/Rick had to do was get over the inexplicable Jacoby Love they shared.

Not a doubt in my mind that we'd be 5-2 right now had they done that. Possibly even 6-1.

76Texan
10-25-2011, 01:46 PM
I watched it repeatedly. He didn't. He stood there for a second, so maybe he was calculating the pros and cons, LOL. Then he just jumped backward out of the way. He's just not a physical player at all, even for a WR. But if I'm being nice, maybe I'll just upgrade my criticism to he has no instinct for the game.

I don't think I would put anything on JJ on this play.
A few years ago, I mentioned that all of our WRs (including AJ, Walter, and JJ) and O.D. need to improve on their blocking.
They all did; I don't think this is a weak part of our offense anymore.

On this play, Walter ran a quick slant from the other side while JJ ran a comebacker in the seam (he probably adjust to a fade if Walter wasn't open.)

At any rate, JJ had to think about his own route as he turned back.
When he did (very shortly after he turned back, and only then) he can see 3 defenders converging on Walter (the deep safety who originally stayed back to help the LCB on JJ, the other safety who had come down to play the run, and the RCB who was covering Walter.)

On top of that, JJ can't tell wheter Walter wants to continue on toward the sideline or turn upfield.

Things were happening quickly; I don't think JJ had enough time to do anything there.

I can post the screen shots if you want me to.

76Texan
10-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Here they are, at any rate.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd384/76Texan/2011%20Week%207%20at%20Titans/2nd%20Half/O%20101/vlcsnap-2011-10-25-09h17m09s100.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd384/76Texan/2011%20Week%207%20at%20Titans/2nd%20Half/O%20101/vlcsnap-2011-10-25-09h17m11s116.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd384/76Texan/2011%20Week%207%20at%20Titans/2nd%20Half/O%20101/vlcsnap-2011-10-25-09h17m13s132.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd384/76Texan/2011%20Week%207%20at%20Titans/2nd%20Half/O%20101/vlcsnap-2011-10-25-09h17m14s151.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd384/76Texan/2011%20Week%207%20at%20Titans/2nd%20Half/O%20101/vlcsnap-2011-10-25-09h17m16s170.jpg

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd384/76Texan/2011%20Week%207%20at%20Titans/2nd%20Half/O%20101/

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 02:23 PM

How do you get your screen shots? NFL Rewind?

76Texan
10-25-2011, 02:31 PM
How do you get your screen shots? NFL Rewind?

With vlc media player:
http://www.vlc.cc/jump/download-the-best-media-player/?brand=vlc.cc&source=msn&c=vlccc_campaign&k=keywords&pk=27

It has a simple button to take a screen shot.
You can play the file at slow speed (.25 or .12 or .06 or .03 - whatever speed a particular file can be played at) to capture more shots in sequence by clicking that button repeatedly.

BigBull17
10-25-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't think I would put anything on JJ on this play.
A few years ago, I mentioned that all of our WRs (including AJ, Walter, and JJ) and O.D. need to improve on their blocking.
They all did; I don't think this is a weak part of our offense anymore.

On this play, Walter ran a quick slant from the other side while JJ ran a comebacker in the seam (he probably adjust to a fade if Walter wasn't open.)

At any rate, JJ had to think about his own route as he turned back.
When he did (very shortly after he turned back, and only then) he can see 3 defenders converging on Walter (the deep safety who originally stayed back to help the LCB on JJ, the other safety who had come down to play the run, and the RCB who was covering Walter.)

On top of that, JJ can't tell wheter Walter wants to continue on toward the sideline or turn upfield.

Things were happening quickly; I don't think JJ had enough time to do anything there.

JJ also had some excellent blocks in the run game. He is what he is.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 03:20 PM
With vlc media player:
http://www.vlc.cc/jump/download-the-best-media-player/?brand=vlc.cc&source=msn&c=vlccc_campaign&k=keywords&pk=27

It has a simple button to take a screen shot.
You can play the file at slow speed (.25 or .12 or .06 or .03 - whatever speed a particular file can be played at) to capture more shots in sequence by clicking that button repeatedly.

So how do you get the game on your computer? NFL Rewind?

76Texan
10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
So how do you get the game on your computer? NFL Rewind?

There are different ways.

I have a tuner card that I get the TV signal off and record the game.
There are other ways, I'm not sure I know them all, but I had mentioned at least one of them before.

I'll PM you.

disaacks3
10-25-2011, 04:33 PM

You've seen that many 6th round WRs that have put up the number of catches, yards and TDs as he has, have you? :pop:

He was going to be a PROJECT. He's still (much to my dismay) a work in progress. A starter from a 3rd rounder is all you can ask in the NFL. Think back to the Texans WRs of "old"...other than AJ, who is he really worse than? Gaffney is a roleplayer for every team he's gone to (and drafter HIGHER I might add).

I was one of those folks that got excited in '09 when they used Jacoby to stretch the field. He was VERY successful when used that way. They changed the way they used him, his success went down. Whose fault is that?

Double Barrel
10-25-2011, 05:39 PM
That's how I feel too. There are points in a season where you absolutely, positively need one yard and everyone in the stadium, including the people in the luxury boxes talking business and not paying attention to the game knows you're gonna run. Failure kills a game winning drive and throws your entire season into jeapordy.

Vonta Leach was made for those plays. He wasn't born, he was forged by the gods to put a bruise on somebody's ass every time he hit them. I just think your team gets collectively weaker from not being in that mans presence every day.

I'd have signed Plaxico in a heartbeat, told Jacoby he could take my very minimal offer to come back and return punts, and signed Leach. That set of moves was entirely possible and affordable. A blind GM could have seen their way to doing that. Best of all worlds right there on the table and all Gary/Rick had to do was get over the inexplicable Jacoby Love they shared.

Not a doubt in my mind that we'd be 5-2 right now had they done that. Possibly even 6-1.

"he was forged by the gods to put a bruise on somebody's ass every time he hit them"

I dig your descriptions! :thumbup

Agree completely about your GM moves. Anyone doubting Plaxico just needs to take a look at his THREE touchdowns last Sunday (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7145718/new-york-jets-plaxico-burress-reflects-three-touchdown-game). Dude still had a lot left in his tank, and H-town was high on his list.

Plaxico + Leach >>>> Jacoby Jones

Here they are, at any rate.

I honestly thought you had repeated frame 2. Jacoby looks frozen, and it's only when I looked at the other players did I realize they were moving.

I won't comment about JJ on that play, though. Like you said, time moves quickly so there is no telling his assignment or what he saw when the action was happening in real time.

76Texan
10-25-2011, 06:05 PM
I honestly thought you had repeated frame 2. Jacoby looks frozen, and it's only when I looked at the other players did I realize they were moving.

I won't comment about JJ on that play, though. Like you said, time moves quickly so there is no telling his assignment or what he saw when the action was happening in real time.

Understandable!

JJ was in much the same boat as the LCB who was covering him.
These two guys are concerned with their primary task first (running the route and defending the route, respectively.)

The other 3 defenders were doing the same thing: taking on their primary task.
The deep safety watched the QB and moved downhill on the throw; the run-defend safety reverted back into coverage; the RCB was following Walter.