PDA

View Full Version : Anybody worried??

Lurvinator11
10-08-2011, 06:11 PM
At first I thought tomorrow's game would be a win for us. But when I woke up this morning and found out that Al Davis had died now im kinda worried. I feel like the raiders are going to come out and play their hearts out for Mr. Davis resulting in a loss for us that should have been a win for us.

I hope this isnt the case but I just have this terrible feeling. It reminds me of when we played in san diego after the wild fires in california, they just played an inspired game for all the people in their community. I feel like with the loss of Davis, the raiders will win this one for raider nation.

Hope i'm wrong though, we need this victory bad especially with baltimore on our schedule next week.

Any other thoughts?

thunderkyss
10-08-2011, 06:16 PM
The Raiders are good enough to win tomorrow. Period.

This isn't a gimmie game, & we should all be prepared for a loss.

That said, the Texans are good enough to win, we're playing at home, & we (the crowd) are going to be doing our part. It's going to be an emotional game for the Raiders, but it damn sure better be emotional for the Texans.

Showtime100
10-08-2011, 06:19 PM
If you're not worried your not a Texan.

Rey
10-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I worry/get butterflies about every game and always will I think.

**** can and does happen in football games. A game can drastically change in an instant. It's a game of inches and sometimes that's all it takes for a big play to happen.

No dre, Rb's thin, big play offensive guys for the raiders, Al Davis' spirit. . . There are plenty of reasons why we could come up short.

But I expect to win on Sunday and there are plenty of reasons for that as well.

badboy
10-08-2011, 06:27 PM
No. If we get ball first, I want to see a first quarter as in the Pitt game. That takes the starch out of anyone. If Raiders get ball, we have to hold them to no more than 3 and then ball control the clock. We need to use our TEs and Walter to march down the field and to keep Foster fresh and pounding. Schaub needs to accurately pick the defense apart and not throw INTs. This is our game to lose. Popping someone solidly makes the "enthusiasm" leak right out of the body.

Thorn
10-08-2011, 06:28 PM

That about sums it up. :lol:

I'm really confident about winning tomorrow, but if we lose, the last thing I'll be is surprised.

TejasTom
10-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I am definitely going to show up early and do my part.

By middle of fourth last week I couldn't scream anymore.

Corrosion
10-08-2011, 06:42 PM

If the score is 35-3 at halftime and you arent worried ..... You arent a Houston sports fan .... or arent old enough to remember that debacle. :rake:

Texas T
10-08-2011, 06:52 PM

If the score is 35-3 at halftime and you arent worried ..... You arent a Houston sports fan .... or arent old enough to remember that debacle. :rake:

^^^This. We could be playing Katy High and I'd still be worried. Hell, I'd be worried against a little league team...

But I really do think this is a winnable game!

GO TEXANS!!

ArlingtonTexan
10-08-2011, 06:56 PM
In general, I am worried about any game until there is no more time. I stopped trying to guess at how any person, much less 46 will emotionally react to any event long along.

Ryan
10-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Am i a bit worried? Sure, every Texans fan should be.

But my gut feeling is that we'll win this game by 10 points or more, because simply we are a better team then the Raiders are, and should win this game 9 times out of 10.

PapaL
10-08-2011, 07:37 PM
McFadden still running the ball? Then yeah I'm worried.

Buffi2
10-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Worried is a Texan fans' first name.

EllisUnit
10-08-2011, 08:12 PM
yeah when AJs not in the line up i'm always worried. With that being said we do have the best RB in the NFL IMHO so that helps put me at ease a little. This is a game we should win with our without AJ.

Chronic
10-08-2011, 08:30 PM
that should have been a win for us.

:vincepalm:

The Texans won 6 games last year, Oakland won 8

So far this year the Texans are 3-1 and the Raiders are 2-2

Raiders played a much harder 4 games with the Texans with 2 of the worst teams in the NFL,both of whom are 0-4

How is this a "should win" ??

Please explain

Chronic
10-08-2011, 08:31 PM
, because simply we are a better team then the raiders are, and should win this game 9 times out of 10.

lol

thunderkyss
10-08-2011, 08:31 PM
McFadden still running the ball? Then yeah I'm worried.

McFadden has been a non-factor in the Houston vs Oakland match-up for a couple of years running.

thunderkyss
10-08-2011, 08:33 PM

Raiders played a much harder 4 games with the Texans with 2 of the worst teams in the NFL,both of whom are 0-4

Please explain

Since 2002, the Houston Texans have played the Oakland Raiders 6 times.

The Houston Texans have won 5 of those 6 matches.....

We own yall.

TexanSam
10-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Since 2002, the Houston Texans have played the Oakland Raiders 6 times.

The Houston Texans have won 5 of those 6 matches.....

We own yall.

This.

:texans:

TexansBull
10-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Not worried. Good teams put away "hinge"teams with a "W". We are a good team because a I have been a hardcore Texan fan from the beginning. I have seen enough good teams beat us to recognize a good team and we are that. At the end of the game, it doesn't matter how the game is played, all that matters is who gets the "W". Bill Parcells said something similar.

I don't agree the with the others saying that if you are a texans fan you would be worried. This is a good team with good coaches with exceptional players. It could be a difficult "W" but we will get it. Its what good teams do.

BTW, instead of handing out the koolaid, I am just snorting the packets of dry powder. It really gets you a Texan high!(This is a joke. By now means am I endorsing or suggesting anyone snort koolaid. If you do, you are an *****.)

SuperSerial
10-08-2011, 09:29 PM
yeah when AJs not in the line up i'm always worried.

Houston dominated the Raiders in their house last season without AJ.

Corrosion
10-08-2011, 10:29 PM
:rosencoptor: ..... Nuff Said.

The Pencil Neck
10-08-2011, 11:05 PM
I say it every week.

I worry about every game.

There's no team out there that we can't beat.

And there's no tem out there that we can't lose to.

I think we should win this game. But last year, we only beat them 31-24 even though we dominated the game.

We need to dominate them again.

Runner
10-08-2011, 11:07 PM
The only impact Davis's death will have on this game is that it will be a convenient excuse for the fans if the Texans lose.

If the Raiders win, I suspect it will be because the Texans are too one-dimensional without Dre Johnson, and the Raiders prove good enough to take advantage of that.

The Pencil Neck
10-08-2011, 11:08 PM

And one of those games we won was against you. Your team was 6-0 against your own division and 2-8 outside of it.

You should be worried.

Please explain

Because we think we're better than you.

Please explain why you think you're better than us. Becuase you guys have pretty much sucked since getting crushed by the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl.

htowntexans1985
10-08-2011, 11:18 PM
:texflag:

Joe Texan
10-08-2011, 11:49 PM
DUde this is Pro Football and if you have noticed anything in the past ten years we know how to be losers and worry our little hearts out that the ghost of Al Davis will swoop down out of Heaven, or Hell and carry this football team to a victory. Grow a pair will you, We are going to send this raider nation home in funeral fashon with a Loss, Just like Al Davis did, He Lost now they are gonna lose plain and simple. I guess when we play he Packers Vince himself will encourage the team to beat us. NOPE we go into the game to win and that is that get your head out from between your legs.

MEGA SWATT
10-09-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm pretty sure we will win.

SheTexan
10-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Sure, I'm worried! But not because I think the Raiders will play harder because of the death of Al Davis. Most fans detested the owner, just like most of us old Oiler fans detest Bud Adams. They might respect him for the role he played in football all these years, BUT, i doubt many tears will be shed. I'm worried because its a GAME, and on any given Sunday anything can happen.

Lurvinator11
10-09-2011, 12:51 AM

Please explain

As it was mentioned before, The texans own the raiders. Aside from 2008, The texans have won every match up against the raiders including one last year in oakland.

Texans won 6 games last year with the leagues toughest schedule and the worst pass defense. Raiders won 6 of their 8 within the division. The raiders have almost the same team that they did last year. The raiders not only have the worst run defense about to go against Arian Foster who had a great game against pittsburgh, they also have Jason Campbell who played against a wade phillips defense 2 times a year from 2007-2009. His results were less than stellar.

Texans are 11-1 at home in october.

Texans are 3-1, the only loss coming to the saints which they could have easily won that game. Granted 2 of their wins are to teams who, as of right now, have 0 wins, one of the wins was against the steelers last week and it is worth noting that despite all of the penalties being called against us, the texans were still able to put away big ben and the steelers.
Raiders who are 2-2, beat the restarting denver broncos in the first game and they beat the jets at home. There is something different about the jets this year and I feel like this year wont be as good for them as it was in the past. The 2 losses were against the bills after blowing a huge lead and the patriots who absolutley dominated the game.

Yeah like i said, "should win". We can still lose this game, but if we are the team were supposed to be then we should come out on top.

Showtime100
10-09-2011, 01:08 AM
I thought this was an Al Davis memoriam thread. I also thought we had a thread about the Raiders and our chances this week.

This thread.........screw it. :toropalm:

Wolf6151
10-09-2011, 04:27 AM

^^^^This^^^^

I'm worried every game.

TheMatrix31
10-09-2011, 05:32 AM
DeMeco's questionable. He MUST play. Otherwise McFadden will go from "probably" ripping us apart ot "definitely".

TejasTom
10-09-2011, 10:10 AM
http://neuroethicscanada.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/alfred_e_neuman.jpg