PDA

View Full Version : Texans work out five defensive backs

srrono
10-05-2011, 02:47 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-work-out-five-defensive-backs-2202939.php

At their normal Tuesday tryout session at Methodist Training Center, the Texans worked out five defensive backs.

Myron Rolle (Florida State), Darcel McBath (Texas Tech), Ramon Broadway (Arkansas), David Jones (Wingate) and Joshua Moore (Kansas State) received tryouts.

None were signed.

Corrosion
10-05-2011, 02:53 AM
Maybe I should go try out to be a WR .... Im about Dre's size ..... and a bit meaner .... Not as fast and cant jump tho.

brakos82
10-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Maybe I should go try out to be a WR .... Im about Dre's size ..... and a bit meaner .... Not as fast and cant jump tho.

That's an understatement.

hookinreds
10-05-2011, 03:20 AM
*****Breaking New*********
AP - Houston, TX
The Houston Texans sign Myron Rolle to a 1yr deal. Rolle will take a spot on the team as #1 Medical Examiner and immediatly doubling the medical IQ of the staff.

srrono
10-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Myron Rolle is intresting. He was 1 of 32 students in America to be named a Rhodes Scholar the most prestigious academic honor in all of college academics. Does that mean he can cover & tackle? I dont know lol.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66285&draftyear=2010&genpos=SS

Corrosion
10-05-2011, 03:45 AM
That's an understatement.

I cant help it. I was born an asshole.

I woulda punted Innegan several times while he was down ..... lol

Myron Rolle is intresting. He was 1 of 32 students in America to be named a Rhodes Scholar the most prestigious academic honor in all of college academics. Does that mean he can cover & tackle? I dont know lol.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66285&draftyear=2010&genpos=SS

I liked him in the late rounds of the draft ..... Several others here had their eye on him too.

Honestly , the Texans safety play has been pretty solid thus far with Manning , Quin , Nolan and Barber .... Im more concerned with CB and WR to be honest.

kiwitexansfan
10-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Rolle is an interesting pick up. Is he taking Dre's roster spot? Going to the practice squad or what?

Corrosion
10-05-2011, 03:57 AM
Rolle is an interesting pick up. Is he taking Dre's roster spot? Going to the practice squad or what?

That was a joke Hookinreds posted ..... he wasnt signed.

kiwitexansfan
10-05-2011, 03:59 AM
That was a joke Hookinreds posted ..... he wasnt signed.

True, that's what happens when you read forums and watch Big Bang Theory at the same time.

Corrosion
10-05-2011, 04:06 AM
True, that's what happens when you read forums and watch Big Bang Theory at the same time.

Sheldons lack of humor must be rubbing off on you ...... Too bad Kaley Cuoco
isnt rubbing on me.

hot pickle
10-05-2011, 04:06 AM
rolle probably is the most naturally gifted athlete outta the bunch but has been out of football for awhile... i remember he was ranked pretty high but decided to further is academics

Corrosion
10-05-2011, 04:08 AM
rolle probably is the most naturally gifted athlete outta the bunch but has been out of football for awhile... i remember he was ranked pretty high but decided to further is academics

Hope the guy doesnt end up like the stripper with the graduate degree who makes more with her T&A than her degree ..... :cool:

brakos82
10-05-2011, 04:08 AM
Hope the guy doesnt end up like the stripper with the graduate degree who makes more with her T&A than her degree ..... :cool:

:vincepalm:

Wolf6151
10-05-2011, 04:30 AM
I remember wanting Myron Rolle in the draft a couple years ago, surely he could beat out Barber as SS depth. Darcel McBath is also a possibility.

BigBull17
10-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Sheldons lack of humor must be rubbing off on you ...... Too bad Kaley Cuoco
isnt rubbing on me.

Have you seen her video with the shake weight? Holy shit....

HJam72
10-05-2011, 08:31 AM
If they're good enough to start at CB, they are very likely already playing this time of year. :toropalm:

I do like that they recognize their weakness though. :texflag:

Malloy
10-05-2011, 08:40 AM
hope the guy doesnt end up like the stripper with the graduate degree who makes more with her t&a than her degree ..... :cool:

ta>ba :)

Errant Hothy
10-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Honestly , the Texans safety play has been pretty solid thus far with Manning , Quin , Nolan and Barber .... Im more concerned with CB and WR to be honest.

I'm thinking the same. And if the reports are true from McClain that Holliday was cut, did we sign one of these guys. If so, why? Is there another injury that has yet to be reported?

I don't see the benefit in this at all.

thunderkyss
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
If they're good enough to start at CB, they are very likely already playing this time of year. :toropalm:

I do like that they recognize their weakness though. :texflag:

When I read the title, I thought maybe we are looking for a starter. After seeing who tried out & who we signed, it looks like we're addressing a depth issue & going with what we brung.

KJax is good to for a specific number of plays. Allen is good for a certain number of plays. It's up to the coaches to switch them out before they get to the bad play portion of their game.

GP
10-05-2011, 09:37 AM
No WRs?

Interesting.

ThaShark316
10-05-2011, 10:16 AM
No WRs?

Interesting.

Trade coming. :thinking:

Joking, folks. Just joking.

Rey
10-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Is there a thread about Holiday being released?

Dutchrudder
10-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Wasn't Myron Rolle released by the Titans last year? I don't think he's been out of football that long, but I believe they used him as a safety. Maybe move Quin back to CB #2 and get a new safety?

Rey
10-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I thought he was cut in this years cutdown?

ZachLV27
10-05-2011, 11:15 AM

He hasn't been out of football. He was on the Titans practice squad all of last year. Him never playing for the Titans even though our (Titans fan here) safety play was pretty bad last year should tell you all you need to know about him.

He's a smart kid that I was glad to see a late round pick used on, but he just doesn't have the talent to play in the NFL.

ZachLV27
10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Wasn't Myron Rolle released by the Titans last year? I don't think he's been out of football that long, but I believe they used him as a safety. Maybe move Quin back to CB #2 and get a new safety?

He was cut Sep 2 2011

Errant Hothy
10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Is there a thread about Holiday being released?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85625

The Pencil Neck
10-05-2011, 11:46 AM
ta>ba :)

ta > bs, 2.

badboy
10-05-2011, 12:31 PM

Nah, I am concerned if Innegan mouthed off to you, you'd pull a gun and shoot him in his lip.

Yankee_In_TX
10-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Must spread rep

badboy
10-05-2011, 01:03 PM
He hasn't been out of football. He was on the Titans practice squad all of last year. Him never playing for the Titans even though our (Titans fan here) safety play was pretty bad last year should tell you all you need to know about him.

He's a smart kid that I was glad to see a late round pick used on, but he just doesn't have the talent to play in the NFL.He attended as a Rhodes Scholar and was out a year. He was available in the draft but many teams were concerned about that missing year. If he was on Texans, he and James Casey could sit around and speak about things unknown by mere mortals. Of course Foster would fit right in.

Hervoyel
10-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Have you seen her video with the shake weight? Holy shit....

Link please!

Malloy
10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Nah, I am concerned if Innegan mouthed off to you, you'd pull a gun and shoot him in his lip.

Shoot, who'll beat up the midget this year? I'm hoping DB will go all Harrison on his ass :)

Big Lou
10-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Does anybody else find this strange? as someone dinged up after Pitt? I know try outs are Tuesday but to try out nothing but DB's seems like there is smoke.

Hoping the 3 week time table is real if there were no WR tried out.

thunderkyss
10-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Ok, let's get real here. KJ lovers..... JA lovers.... I think it's obvious we should stop with this senseless feud & our coaches need to do the same. I like JA for spot plays, KJ needs to drop down to nickel & it's time for either McCain or Harris to step up.

TEXANRED
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Ok, let's get real here. KJ lovers..... JA lovers.... I think it's obvious we should stop with this senseless feud & our coaches need to do the same. I like JA for spot plays, KJ needs to drop down to nickel & it's time for either McCain or Harris to step up.

Who in their right mind would support Jason Allen? Campbell threw for 190 yards yesterday and Jason Allen was responsible for 150 of them.

thunderkyss
10-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Who in their right mind would support Jason Allen? Campbell threw for 190 yards yesterday and Jason Allen was responsible for 150 of them.

Don't forget the TD. It's very important for this argument.

BigBull17
10-11-2011, 10:14 AM
The sad part is we will stay the course. Nading will be brought up, we'll continue to work out guys but nothing will come of it. No attempt at some kind of trade, even though we should call about Jason Taylor yesterday. Kubiak will be back because of the injuries, and we'll draft 9 tight ends and no receiver. FML.