PDA

View Full Version : Texans vs Raiders

thunderkyss
10-04-2011, 05:59 PM
The Raiders started off strong, sort of. The Beat Denver, lost to Buffalo, they beat the Jets, lost to New England.

Darren McFaden is finally having his break out year. We've shown a lack of an ability to effectively stop the run. So, we're worried.

I decided to look at some other stats, nothing fancy, just wanted to see where the Raiders defense was. They are 29th in total D.

I was shocked. I remember Nnamdi being back their & the Raiders fielding a "decent" defense for the last several years. But they are 27th against the pass... Matt should finally have a good day, even without Andre.

They are 29th against the run. Now you know Arian is going to have a good day... Eric Winston will probably win his pro-bowl right there, & a new star Ogbanaya will be born. Unless Ward gets healthy... heck, if you can imagine a one two punch with Ward & Arian, the Raiders may never get the ball.

gtexan02
10-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Thing is, when playing Bills and NE, you have to sell out to stop the pass.

Without AJ, they can sell out to stop the run. Will be interesting to see how one dimensional we become and if that bolsters the poor Oak defense.

They remind me of the Texans last year (stellar rush offense, no defense)

srrono
10-04-2011, 06:17 PM
we played OAK last year without AJ, and Foster went off big

TexCanada
10-04-2011, 07:09 PM

Without AJ, they can sell out to stop the run. Will be interesting to see how one dimensional we become and if that bolsters the poor Oak defense.

They remind me of the Texans last year (stellar rush offense, no defense)

I was going to make a similar point about us. It seems like we have decided to allow a greater chance at gaining yards on the ground by playing it safe against the pass, since we have played some teams who do more damage through the air. I think we will use an extra guy in the box against Run DMC. He is a great player, but I'm not overly worried about it.

EllisUnit
10-04-2011, 07:23 PM

agree, and if anything this defense is worse that it was a year ago with no Aso. My guess is we have lots of success running the ball early and that opens it all up for Jacoby and Walter

Ryan
10-04-2011, 07:29 PM
After from what i've seen from our other WRs i'd be shocked if we didn't sign someone this week.

EllisUnit
10-04-2011, 07:30 PM
After from what i've seen from our other WRs i'd be shocked if we didn't sign someone this week.

our running gmae has been so good that we havent had to even see what the other WRs have. I mean yeah AJ is always gonna get the ball but thats like an addict hitting the pipe.

Texan_Bill
10-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Meh.... We've beat Oakland w/o AJ before. We've beaten Oakland when AJ played and was a non-factor.. So, AJ not playing Sunday is somewhat irrelevant. It comes down to Oakland's "D" v. Arian and conversely our "D" v. Darren McFadden..

When the schedule came out, I had us at 4-2 to 3-3 in our first six games. That swing game (3-3 v. 4-2) was this Oakland game... I had us losing @ Nawlens. I had us losing @ Baltimore and worried about this game.

It should be fun. Irrespective of the outcome this Sunday, we'll be fine heading into our last ten games.

silentassassin
10-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Prepare to be shocked. I seriously doubt they're going to bring anyone in. They'll activate David Anderson and carry on.

JamesBill
10-04-2011, 08:27 PM

With only one half of play.

infantrycak
10-04-2011, 08:59 PM
They are 29th against the run.

They are 32nd based on ypc.

badboy
10-04-2011, 09:23 PM

They remind me of the Texans last year (stellar rush offense, no defense)I think OD is hoping the Raiders focus on running game. I predict Walter will have a very good day. I think historically we have done pretty well against big time RBs.

GP
10-04-2011, 09:56 PM
This game will be decided by which team's TE has the better day.

dinkatoid
10-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Their top corner is still pretty good, but I think that their CB2 and Huff (S) are injured, so they are pretty depleted on the back end. Whoever Routt is on will have to fight a bit, but the guy on the other side should be free. Oakland actually has a great D line and can bring good pressure, but they also seem very vulnerable to the TE (who isn't?) I assume if they sell out on the run, the play action will eat them alive.

I think this game is all going to come down to ball control. Both teams will focus on stopping the run, and as long as we don't let their speedy WRs get behind us, it should come down to who can run more time off the clock.

badboy
10-04-2011, 10:10 PM
This game will be decided by which team's TE has the better day.click, click

Ryan
10-04-2011, 10:19 PM
It seems like we've played better against opposing tight ends this year than in previous years for sure though, lol. I remember last year playing the waiver wire in fantasy for every opposing TE playing the Texans and them usually getting at least 10 points for me every week. The only TE that really burned us was Jimmy Graham, but i think that was more of the QB throwing him the ball.

Rey
10-04-2011, 11:43 PM
I expect a big game from Casey and Walter. I think Arian will be Arian. I think jacoby will make a big play or two.

But I think that they will focus on stopping od. Even though Casey had the big game against no I think he is still an afterthought. The wr's should see some room to make things happen.

Keys to this game will be limiting offensive mistakes and not allowing the raiders to rip off huge chunks in the run game. Make Campbell try to make plays.

I think we win this one. Would be surprised if we lost.

Allstar
10-04-2011, 11:52 PM
I feel pretty good about this game. As long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot a million times like last week, I believe we'll win.

b0ng
10-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Our defense needs to have a good game and control the LOS. I have faith that the offense can do a good job on the Raider D mostly to how good the oline has been playing recently. I can see a multitude of ways the Texans can loose, but if we are truly playoff bound we should beat the Raiders.

Air Canada
10-05-2011, 02:32 AM
I'm not really worried about this game... Which makes me wonder if I should be, but when I look at Jason Campbell... I just feel he's gonna find a way to fail come Sunday in Reliant.. I see Joseph getting that INT he lost back... And after last season...

FOSTER IS GOING TO FEAST :scarygirl:

thunderkyss
10-05-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm not really worried about this game... Which makes me wonder if I should be, but when I look at Jason Campbell... I just feel he's gonna find a way to fail come Sunday in Reliant.. I see Joseph getting that INT he lost back... And after last season...

FOSTER IS GOING TO FEAST :scarygirl:

I was worried.

All I had to go by were the highlights, the media talk, & the fantasy numbers. Last week I was able to actually watch them play.

I think we are going to be OK. I think the fans at Reliant are going to be very, very pleased.

hradhak
10-05-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm really not too worried about the Raiders defense. We should be able to move the ball fairly easily. I'm a little more worried about our ability to stop them. If we have to overcommit to stop the run, we setup them up for the pass. McFadden is averaging 6.2 yards per carry and they lead the league in yards on the ground (178 per game). The Steelers largely abandoned the run, but their only scoring drive of the game was purely on the ground.

Playoffs
10-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Raiders are one QB away from being a very good team...

Not to be taken lightly, IMO.

thunderkyss
10-05-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm really not too worried about the Raiders defense. We should be able to move the ball fairly easily. I'm a little more worried about our ability to stop them. If we have to overcommit to stop the run, we setup them up for the pass. McFadden is averaging 6.2 yards per carry and they lead the league in yards on the ground (178 per game). The Steelers largely abandoned the run, but their only scoring drive of the game was purely on the ground.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/DMC.jpg

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjfM5ovHes&NR=1)is typical of some of DMC's big runs. Notice, a big run stuffing NT wouldn't help us as much as it didn't help the Patriots. This ISO is run off the left tackle.... See the LB there getting ready to take on the Full Back?

Our best option would be for Antonio to get up field in a hurry, make DMC have to make a decision in the backfield. Our LB needs to be able to beat that FB into the back field, The OLB on the play side has to stand his man up, push him back & force DMC back inside.

Ole Miss Texan
10-05-2011, 09:30 AM
I still like our offenses chances against their defense. As long as our OL continues to do well, we should score some points even without AJ.

Let them put 8 in the box all game long. Foster will still break a couple big ones. But 8 in the box means 3 defenders in the secondary. Walter, Jacoby and Bryant will do their part. But the matchups I LOVE will be Owen Daniels and James Casey on the LBs that have to drop in coverage or the safeties that come up leaving Jacoby/Walter in 1on1 situations. I suspect we'll see play action back in the game plan!

On the defense, we just need to continue to limit the big plays. The Raiders are a team all about speed and they've got some quick receivers. Keep them in front. Connor, Demeco and Cushing will probably be eyeing McFadden a lot and trying to limit his gains.

Texans with the W.

thunderkyss
10-05-2011, 09:43 AM
I'd like to see how they'll respond to a no back set..... three TEs, two recievers.... Line Casey up in the slot, then motion to the backfield, with another pitch

Trail.Blazr
10-05-2011, 09:46 AM
This is simply a TRAP game. If there is one spot in the season that losing a game that should be won has any significant bearing on the Texans, it's this game. Don't even allow this team to go there.(again)

What needs to happen is the Texans to take this game and make a challenge to themselves... Not just to win, but to win all 4 quarters. Don't let up. Play on the edge the entire 60 minutes. Get that swagger.

The carry over effect for the rest of the season would be HUGE.

TexansForTheW
10-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Our run defense is actually very good at times. It's not the personel that gets gashed, it's the scheme. We seem to get several stuffs around the line of scrimmage per game because of our aggressive defense that blows through the O-line. The problem is, is that sometimes guards and tackles are pulled through one or two gaps and we may only have two guys assigned to that specific gap. We need better pursuit, and that is where our problem has been. We need a giant game from Demeco this week, as he will be counted on to stop DMC after Cushing blows up the lead blocker.

TheMatrix31
10-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I'd love to see us force Campbell into mistakes. McFadden can and probably will tear us up, but if Campbell throws a couple picks, and maybe fumbles once, I think we'll be fine. Got to convert those in to seven, though.

hradhak
10-05-2011, 11:12 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/DMC.jpg

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjfM5ovHes&NR=1)is typical of some of DMC's big runs. Notice, a big run stuffing NT wouldn't help us as much as it didn't help the Patriots. This ISO is run off the left tackle.... See the LB there getting ready to take on the Full Back?

Our best option would be for Antonio to get up field in a hurry, make DMC have to make a decision in the backfield. Our LB needs to be able to beat that FB into the back field, The OLB on the play side has to stand his man up, push him back & force DMC back inside.

Agreed. It is going to be about our ends getting penetration. I'm hoping that Watt has a break out game here. Smith has been consistent as well.

So far our defense has been against relatively pass heavy teams and we have given up the run to go after the pass. I'm curious to see how they gameplan this game since the Raiders are probably the most balanced offense we've seen so far.

Cerberus
10-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Raiders Offense:

Very potent, as long as Jason Campbell gets to manage the offense and isn't asked to carry the team. Possibly one of the fastest Raider teams ever, and that is evident when you see McFadden, Ford, Heyward-Bey, Denarius Moore and Taiwan Jones run. These guys can be game breakers if not contained.

Raiders lost TE Zach Miller this past off-season to Seattle, but filled the void nicely with Kevin Boss.

The Raider's FB Marcel Reece is injured, which is a good thing for the Texans, as he often makes big plays downfield with his speed; he is a former WR from Oregon or some place in the Great Northwest.

Offensive line is young, but they are big and strong and are doing quite a good job opening holes for McFadden and Bush, while giving Campbell adequate time to throw. Wiz II (nephew of Steve) was named Offensive Player of the Week last week, a rarity for OL.

Raiders WRs are somewhat a weakness; however, DHB finally seems to be catching on, and Denarius Moore has been a rookie sensation though he does disappear at times. Jacoby Ford is just plain fast, and will go up to fight for the ball. Biggest problem with Raiders WR corps is their overall lack of experience and seasoning.

Raiders Defense:

Raiders have one of the best and deepest DL in the NFL with a rotation that includes Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, John Henderson, Lamarr Houston, Matt Shaugnessey, and others. Discipline seems to be the biggest issue with this bunch.

The LB corps is a weakness of the defense. Rolando McClain seems to be thinking and not playing in Bresnahan's defense. And Groves just tends to get abused. Wimbley does bring the heat to the QB at times.

Defensive backs are playing a little more zone this year, so they can keep an eye in the backfield to help out on run plays. Still, the Raiders like to play man-to-man, which is very effective IF the DL can put pressure on the QB. Stanford Routt will be dedicated to one side of the field, and will not be assigned the Texans best WR. Chris Johnson is injured, as is Michael Huff, so the DB opposite Routt will likely be the rookie C. Chekwa (sp?). Tyvon Branch at S is fairly under-rated, and is a decent enough safety.

Biggest problem with the Raiders defense, and it shows in the stats, is Bresnahan's bend-but-don't-break style of defense, which is only topped by the prevent-defense he uses at the end of the half or game when the other team needs to score. Rolondo McClain looks lost in Bresnahan's system, which slows down his reaction time. In some games, Bres will bring several blitz packages, but in games like last week against Brady he hardly ever blitzed.

Should be a good game, with each team scoring somewhere between the mid-20's and low-30's. Then again, that will depend on whether Campbell doesn't make any more bone-head plays like he did last week.

80tothezone
10-05-2011, 01:22 PM
i look for a lot of play action this week. w/o dre they gonna go after the run... thing is that even w/o dre we still got passing weapons albeit inconsistant ones so they can't just 100% focus on the run... that being said it will be a close one and we need schaub to bring da Agame

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Vinny
10-05-2011, 01:27 PM
i look for a lot of play action this week. w/o dre they gonna go after the run... thing is that even w/o dre we still got passing weapons albeit inconsistant ones so they can't just 100% focus on the run... that being said it will be a close one and we need schaub to bring da Agame

They are 32nd based on ypc.The Raiders are going to load the box and play heavy man coverage. If the team can't run the ball, all that play action won't be effective. It's hard to overload the gaps when you have AJ on the field so it's gonna be interesting. With that in mind, the Raiders have given up 5.9 yards per attempt on ground. It's a historic number because you have to go back to the 1934 Cincinnati Reds to find a worse ypa (6.4).

BigBull17
10-05-2011, 01:31 PM
The Raiders are going to load the box and play heavy man coverage. If the team can't run the ball, all that play action won't be effective. It's hard to overload the gaps when you have AJ on the field so it's gonna be interesting. With that in mind, the Raiders have given up 5.9 yards per attempt on ground. It's a historic number because you have to go back to the 1934 Cincinnati Reds to find a worse ypa (6.4).

I think Play action will work. Remember two years ago when we couldn't run the ball for squat and the PA still got people. Matt is pretty damn good at the fake.

GP
10-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Something I have not seen much of...the RB draw.

Can do so much with it:

1. QB over Center, RB and FB in backfield. Motion the FB out to a wideout position (not a TE position, which would tip it off to be a run). Snap the ball, QB drops back and RB looks like he's about to block...BAM! handoff to the RB.

2. QB over Center, RB and FB in backfield. QB then moves back into a shotgun position...defense is now thinking it might be a pass, and at the snap you fake the pass and run the draw.

3. After running a true draw, you can come back and run a play-action draw where Foster or some other RB fakes the handoff exchange, and then shoots through the line and receives a flare pass from the QB.

At this point, you pretty much have the defense unsure of ANY look you're throwing at them pre-snap. So the Raiders want to try and stack the box to stop the inside draw plays and inside RB pass plays off the fake draw??? OK, we'll just throw a screen out to the sideline with Thor running the lead block on it and o-linemen racing out to seal off the edges for Foster.

Freeze the Raiders LBs, or at least make them have to sit and wait to see what's developing at the snap of the ball...and this offense will eat them up. That's when OD busts past a LB who is beginning to stare into our backfield for too long.

I want to see Schaub lay out some VERY deep passes to Jacoby too. He can run under anything Schaub can toss, IMO. This could be a good week to pickup Jacoby Jones in fantasy leagues (especially for a guy like me who owns Andre Johnson). :)

drunkcookie
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I've been trying to get a feel for this game and something tells me it could really get out hand in the Texans' favor...

I know AJ's out but i don't see the Raider D being able to slow down the Texans offense consistantly enough to keep them under 24.. go on 'head, put nine in the box (and a jack if you want), OD, Drees and even Casey will pick you clean... And there is no doubt in my mind, Foster will get his if you go trying to stop these short passes... Try stopping them both and Jones is doing his Moss impersonation (if he brought Moss' hands)...

Then again, Schaub can forget he's QB'ing a 3-1 NFL team and start throwing junk that gets picked etc... That is possible, but my guess is that won't happen...

The HouTex D is what concerns me... They've got to stop the run but be aware of the pass... I think this is one of those games where the opponent may predict a relaxation on the part of the opposing D that has faced three straight pass-oriented offenses, believing that D will be extra concerned with the run and very little concerned with the pass.. i think the Raiders actually try switching dance partners a bit and try going pass-happy for a while because they think they've found something they can exploit on an unexpecting D... This means Manning will have a pick six (unless JoJo is seeking revenge)..

The Texans have a chance to put this one away early and go up big, and unless Tony Romo is spending his bye-week taking snaps from Chris Myers, the lead holds up...

Texans 31
raiders 14

*Predictions subject to change from right now up until kickoff, as drunkcookie has no belief whatsoever in the blahblah he just typed and will accept the notion he is dead wrong as it is likely so!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Cerberus
10-05-2011, 05:12 PM
The Texans have a chance to put this one away early and go up big...

Texans 31
raiders 14

It is going to be closer than that; especially after the way the Raiders played against the Patriots. No doubt, last week was the worst game of their season to date, and I expect the Raiders to bounce-back this week. Add that to the Texans emotional win versus the Steelers, and this game could go either way. I think the final score is going to be something like 30-27 or 32-28, and you can flip a coin as to which team wins.

ziggy29
10-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Agreed with the "trap" comments above. This is a game the Texans should win but could very well lose if they don't play as they can.

BigBull17
10-05-2011, 05:45 PM
It is going to be closer than that; especially after the way the Raiders played against the Patriots. No doubt, last week was the worst game of their season to date, and I expect the Raiders to bounce-back this week. Add that to the Texans emotional win versus the Steelers, and this game could go either way. I think the final score is going to be something like 30-27 or 32-28, and you can flip a coin as to which team wins.

20-10 Texans. Nice ball control style. I think our D will be able to contain McFadden by penitration.

DocBar
10-05-2011, 09:19 PM
If they overload the box and Foster isn't effective, pull the flea-flicker out of the dustbin. In other words, try a trick play and catch them napping.

badboy
10-05-2011, 09:25 PM
What happen to the couple of Raider fans that used to post here. One posted for at least two years with rational thoughts. Don't remember their names but have not seen any posts about this game.

The Pencil Neck
10-05-2011, 10:00 PM
What happen to the couple of Raider fans that used to post here. One posted for at least two years with rational thoughts. Don't remember their names but have not seen any posts about this game.

Cerberus posted a few posts before you did.

Haven't seen Killuminati, though.

Kulluminatii
10-05-2011, 10:55 PM

:whistle:

I'm still here, I just don't post nearly as often as I used to.

It's hard for me to really pin down what Raiders team we'll see this Sunday. I honestly believe this Raiders team is a playoff caliber team provided they can cut down on the penalties. We've "gifted" wins to the Bills & Pats (not saying they didn't deserve them), and almost gave away the other games that we have won. Cerberus summed up the team perfectly.

I'm hoping the Raiders head to Houston hungry and determined to pull out a win. Discipline is key. We can't give up the amount of penalties we have so far this season and expect to pull out a win against you guys. We also need to stay true to our running game and let McFadden carry the ball at least 20 times. DHB played pretty well last week, but I don't count on him having another performance like that in Houston. I'm hoping Schilens, Ford, and Moore will be able to make plays when their number is called. If all that can happen, I believe the Raiders can win a close one.

Chances are though we'll still be flagged quite a few times this week, and our D will get shredded by Foster/Tate. So unless our offense can put up the points and control the clock, you guys have a very good chance to win the game.

Can't wait for this Sunday. Hopefully I'll get to see Run DMC laugh again...

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_latmdbiekq1qzcpbfo1_500.jpg

:fingergun:

Cerberus
10-06-2011, 07:50 AM

It's hard for me to really pin down what Raiders team we'll see this Sunday. I honestly believe this Raiders team is a playoff caliber team provided they can cut down on the penalties. We've "gifted" wins to the Bills & Pats (not saying they didn't deserve them), and almost gave away the other games that we have won. Cerberus summed up the team perfectly.

I'm hoping the Raiders head to Houston hungry and determined to pull out a win. Discipline is key. We can't give up the amount of penalties we have so far this season and expect to pull out a win against you guys. We also need to stay true to our running game and let McFadden carry the ball at least 20 times. DHB played pretty well last week, but I don't count on him having another performance like that in Houston. I'm hoping Schilens, Ford, and Moore will be able to make plays when their number is called. If all that can happen, I believe the Raiders can win a close one.

Chances are though we'll still be flagged quite a few times this week, and our D will get shredded by Foster/Tate. So unless our offense can put up the points and control the clock, you guys have a very good chance to win the game.

Should be a game that features two great running attacks; McFadden vs. Foster. Meanwhile, the Texans will miss Andre Johnson, while the Raiders WR corps is starting to get healthy.

Good article by Corky on the Raiders: http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/10/05/coach-jackson-not-running-from-run-stopping-issue/

BigBull17
10-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Should be a game that features two great running attacks; McFadden vs. Foster. Meanwhile, the Texans will miss Andre Johnson, while the Raiders WR corps is starting to get healthy.

Good article by Corky on the Raiders: http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/10/05/coach-jackson-not-running-from-run-stopping-issue/

This game may only take 45 minutes. 12:00 kick, 1:00 post game presser. All the ***** show up in the 2nd quarter fans will be pissed when its mid 3rd. They'll have to go beat traffic. :mariopalm:

drunkcookie
10-06-2011, 08:50 AM
If they overload the box and Foster isn't effective, pull the flea-flicker out of the dustbin. In other words, try a trick play and catch them napping.

Amen! I wanna see a flicker go for six! Such an exciting play and it even makes you laugh if it's your team doing it, cry if it's not...

But i do feel if they overload the box our passing game can and probably will dice 'em up purdy good-like...

I think we're going to see both offenses mix it up more than usual... A lot of games within the game..

Cerberus
10-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Amen! I wanna see a flicker go for six! Such an exciting play and it even makes you laugh if it's your team doing it, cry if it's not...

But i do feel if they overload the box our passing game can and probably will dice 'em up purdy good-like...

I think we're going to see both offenses mix it up more than usual... A lot of games within the game..

Andre Johnson being out makes a huge difference. Due to injury, the Raiders will have a rookie playing opposite CB Stanford Routt, and Raider CBs don't rotate sides of the field. So, I suspect the Texans will try to exploit the rookie C. Chekwa, and the Raiders should adjust by rotating some safety help over to his side. This is where the Texans could take advantage of Routt having to play one-on-one with little help from the safety, but the Texans will be without AJ.

So be prepared to see lots of running, play-action and screens, until one team proves they can stop the other team's runs and screens. The Texans have the better QB, although so far this year they are very close in stats, with Schaub having the edge in TD passes and Campbell getting sacked less than Schaub being the main difference in QB-rating.

So, I think it comes down to game-plan, turnovers, penalties, and the QB's game management. The Raiders will probably have the better offensive game-plan, but you won't know it because they'll have the worse defensive game-plan (soft defense) assuming Bres again forgets how to blitz. Turnovers? That depends on Campbell. :headhurts: Penalties? Not even a question who gets the lion's share of the flags. QB game management? Schaub. Foster's and McFadden's lingering hammy issues? We shall see. Otherwise, it could be Tate vs. Michael Bush.

srrono
10-06-2011, 11:39 AM
I am thinking the Texans are going to run a a lot of this set with Casey Foster Daniels Dressen & 1 WR (JJ or KW or BJ all interchangable)

I trust Dressen to make plays more than our wrs.

The teams that racked up huge stats against OAK used spread offenses. Do we the personal to run a spread?

badboy
10-06-2011, 11:50 AM

:fingergun:Hey, buddy, thanks for responding. Sorry I forgot your name but I had to look in my underwear for my name today.lol I always enjoy your reports and posts. What about Texans is your worse fear? I don't think Oakland can beat Texans (sorry for being blunt) but am very worried that Texans will beat themselves. I see Oakland as patiently waiting for our blunders and then taking advantage. I have no clue to how the score will turn out.

Texan_Bill
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM

I see Kulluminatii got in, where's CC_Me??

badboy
10-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Andre Johnson being out makes a huge difference. Due to injury, the Raiders will have a rookie playing opposite CB Stanford Routt, and Raider CBs don't rotate sides of the field. So, I suspect the Texans will try to exploit the rookie C. Chekwa, and the Raiders should adjust by rotating some safety help over to his side. This is where the Texans could take advantage of Routt having to play one-on-one with little help from the safety, but the Texans will be without AJ.

So be prepared to see lots of running, play-action and screens, until one team proves they can stop the other team's runs and screens. The Texans have the better QB, although so far this year they are very close in stats, with Schaub having the edge in TD passes and Campbell getting sacked less than Schaub being the main difference in QB-rating.

So, I think it comes down to game-plan, turnovers, penalties, and the QB's game management. The Raiders will probably have the better offensive game-plan, but you won't know it because they'll have the worse defensive game-plan (soft defense) assuming Bres again forgets how to blitz. Turnovers? That depends on Campbell. :headhurts: Penalties? Not even a question who gets the lion's share of the flags. QB game management? Schaub. Foster's and McFadden's lingering hammy issues? We shall see. Otherwise, it could be Tate vs. Michael Bush.I researched Chekwa while preparing for the mock that Rmartin65, Beerlover and I do every year and I think you are going to be impressed with him. Give him a season and you will see continual progress.

Cerberus
10-06-2011, 01:35 PM
I researched Chekwa while preparing for the mock that Rmartin65, Beerlover and I do every year and I think you are going to be impressed with him. Give him a season and you will see continual progress.

He actually looks pretty good so far. However, as unfortunate as it is for the Raiders, part of the process of learning is getting burned. So far no real complaints, considering his status, but he did come out of a big school (Ohio St) and that had to help.

The one I had hopes for was DVD (DeMarcus Van Dyke) out of Miami. Supposed to have real fluid hips, so we'll see.

Cerberus
10-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Someone on another board was talking about predicitions from last week, so I had to go and look up mine. Thought this was interesting:

I've been trying to get a feel for this game and something tells me it could really get out hand in the Texans' favor...

Texans 31
raiders 14

31-14? Really?

So it was 5 points and not 3-4 as I predicted, but with that last play you really could have "flipped a coin".

20-10 Texans. Nice ball control style. I think our D will be able to contain McFadden by penetration.

Yes, the Texans' D did contain McFadden, but then again the Raider D contained Foster.

Good call on the flea-flicker, except it was the Raiders who used it. The first time Campbell overthrew a wide open WR, and the second time RB Michael Bush wisely decided not to pitch it back to Campbell.

Close, but Campbell's overthrow killed the play.

Sorry to bring up the Raider game again guys, but after scrolling through 7 pages of posts to find my prediction I figured what the hey!

Anyway, do remember that I am a Raider fan first and foremost, and a Texan fan a distant second. Hopefully the Raiders will win their next 3 and become 6-2.

As for the Texans, I'm not even sure they will beat the Ravens next week, but I sure hope they do as 3-3 would suck. The good news is that after the Ravens game, the Texans only semi-tough games will be against the Titans, Falcons and Bengals. I'm sure they'll drop a game here and there, but 10-6 is possible given their schedule.

Texan_Bill
10-14-2011, 07:37 AM

Kulluminatii is still around and I had CC_Me spotting last week.