PDA

View Full Version : Updated cap numbers, as of Monday

srrono
10-04-2011, 12:48 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/updated-cap-numbers-as-of-monday/

APEven though the season has begun and all big-money free agents have been signed, teams can still use their remaining salary cap money on players whose contracts will be expiring next year or thereafter.

Thus, it remains important to keep an eye on how much cash teams can still spend.

For teams close to the limit, the question becomes whether enough money will be available if a current starter is injured, and needs to be replaced.

The full list of cap numbers as of Monday appears after the break.Jaguars $35.4 million.

Chiefs $27.6 million.

Bucs $27.2 million.

Broncos $25.4 million.

Bills $22.7 million.

Seahawks $20.5 million.

Cowboys $18.6 million.

Bears $18.1 million.

Bengals $17.5 million.

49ers $17.5 million.

Redskins $13.6 million.

Browns $12.8 million.

Dolphins $10.7 million.

Jets $8.6 million.

Titans $8.4 million.

Patriots $8.3 million.

Packers $7.5 million.

Cardinals $7.2 million.

Ravens $7.1 million.

Raiders $6.1 million.

Rams $6.0 million.

Eagles $5.8 million.

Colts $5.4 million.

Vikings $4.5 million.

Chargers $4.3 million.

Saints $4.2 million.

Lions $2.9 million.

Texans $2.4 million.

Falcons $2.3 million.

Panthers $2.3 million.

Steelers $750,000.

Giants $70,000.

Big Lou
10-05-2011, 05:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/updated-cap-numbers-as-of-monday/

Bills $22.7 million.

Man the Bills sure are a good value for bieng 3 and 1!!!!!

ziggy29
10-05-2011, 06:26 PM
If the Cowboys could buy a cheap QB who stinks for the first three quarters and shines in the 4th, they'd be dangerous.

DexmanC
10-06-2011, 06:00 PM
If the Cowboys could buy a cheap QB who stinks for the first three quarters and shines in the 4th, they'd be dangerous.

Sorry. Matt Stafford's already taken.

Scooter
10-06-2011, 10:12 PM
is it odd to anyone else that we're near the bottom? we do make an extra effort to keep our own, but how do we have so little cap room when we've built exclusively through the draft?

our free agents are antonio, manning, and joseph. none of which are seeing michael vick money, and our all-pro runningback is playing for pennies. are we spending too much, enough to put us in trouble in the very near future? or are we daryl morey with the money, bumping the limit with just enough change to make a mid-level move if necessary (while having the future planned out)? we had to get 3 players to restructure this season if i remember correctly, so i'm a little concerned.

i guess i'm just drunk and confused. :truck:

Dutchrudder
10-06-2011, 11:28 PM
I wish they had the numbers on how much of the cap space is tied up in dead money from cutting players.

Hervoyel
10-07-2011, 12:22 PM
is it odd to anyone else that we're near the bottom? we do make an extra effort to keep our own, but how do we have so little cap room when we've built exclusively through the draft?

our free agents are antonio, manning, and joseph. none of which are seeing michael vick money, and our all-pro runningback is playing for pennies. are we spending too much, enough to put us in trouble in the very near future? or are we daryl morey with the money, bumping the limit with just enough change to make a mid-level move if necessary (while having the future planned out)? we had to get 3 players to restructure this season if i remember correctly, so i'm a little concerned.

i guess i'm just drunk and confused. :truck:

And the Redskins who regularly spend like drunken sailors have 13.6 million in space? The Eagles who just built the "dream team" even have 5.8 million.

Seems to me like "cap hell" is as easily escaped from as it is to get into if you have a good GM.

badboy
10-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I wish they had the numbers on how much of the cap space is tied up in dead money from cutting players.Rudder, I deleted my source & could not find anything quick search but if memory serves it is almost nothing. Less than $10,000 as the cap guru they hired has really corrected that.

badboy
10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
And the Redskins who regularly spend like drunken sailors have 13.6 million in space? The Eagles who just built the "dream team" even have 5.8 million.

Seems to me like "cap hell" is as easily escaped from as it is to get into if you have a good GM.Yeah, how does that work? signed NBA owners