PDA

View Full Version : Consecutive bye weeks are going to be rough for the Texans.

digitalswim
10-04-2011, 05:06 AM
I was checking out the schedule and noticed that not only does Baltimore get a bye week before they play the Texans but so do the Titans. I know bye weeks are part of the game but it kind of sucks that we have to face two teams in a row that get an extra week to rest, heal and game plan for the Texans.

I still prefer the Texans bye which is week 11. Hopefully we will be in the playoff race at that point and can give our guys some much needed rest.

:crutch:

BlueSteel
10-04-2011, 09:59 AM
I was checking out the schedule and noticed that not only does Baltimore get a bye week before they play the Texans but so do the Titans. I know bye weeks are part of the game but it kind of sucks that we have to face two teams in a row that get an extra week to rest, heal and game plan for the Texans.

I still prefer the Texans bye which is week 11. Hopefully we will be in the playoff race at that point and can give our guys some much needed rest.

Consecutive bye weeks are going to be GOOD for the Texans. This teams will have a week off to rest but they will be out of sync and have to knock the rust off. Ok I am stretching, but at least these bye weeks are not late in the season when the rest becomes more important for teams.

BigBull17
10-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Consecutive bye weeks are going to be GOOD for the Texans. This teams will have a week off to rest but they will be out of sync and have to knock the rust off. Ok I am stretching, but at least these bye weeks are not late in the season when the rest becomes more important for teams.

Yeah, it'll help cool down that defense of Balt and Hasselbeck.

HOU-TEX
10-04-2011, 02:18 PM

Just out of curiosity, are you a Raiders fan too? The reason I ask is because I ran across a post on a raiders board with your identical user name.

digitalswim
Limited Membership
Bench Warmer
Downloads:0
Uploads:0

With Johnson out, the Texans aren't as hard a nut to crack as you may think. Put an extra guy in the box and take away whichever tight end they trot out there and it's a whole new ball game. I live in H-town so I see them all the time. Their other receivers are very mediocre.

When it comes to the D, they have been getting gashed up the middle by pretty much every running back they have faced. Tailor made for smash mouth football Raider style.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/180641-next-one-houston-texans-2.html

infantrycak
10-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Just out of curiosity, are you a Raiders fan too? The reason I ask is because I ran across a post on a raiders board with your identical user name.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/180641-next-one-houston-texans-2.html

Kind of throwing stones from inside a glass house since the Texans are getting gashed to the tune of 4.9 ypc and Oakland is giving up 5.9 ypc.

HJam72
10-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Kind of throwing stones from inside a glass house since the Texans are getting gashed to the tune of 4.9 ypc and Oakland is giving up 5.9 ypc.

That's enough to make Foster....well, horny.

digitalswim
10-04-2011, 02:51 PM

Too true I'm afraid. I expect a lot of rushing highlights to come out of this one with defensive stats like that.

brakos82
10-04-2011, 02:51 PM
That's enough to make Foster....well, horny.

:vincepalm:

Section516
10-05-2011, 02:45 PM
RAVENS: Outside linebacker Jarret Johnson said the players were "shocked" Monday when coach John Harbaugh gave them the rest of the bye week off. Harbaugh decided that players' rehab was more important than extra practices. Said Johnson via the team's official website: “That just shows the maturity of Coach Harbaugh and this team to say, ‘What’s best for this team?’ … I think it shows a lot of trust on our coaches’ part because they know we’re going to go home and work out and keep in shape and do as much as you can to improve your body going down this stretch.” Hensley's slant: Harbaugh should have faith in his players when it comes to bye weeks. The Ravens are 3-0 under Harbaugh following the bye (which includes an impromptu bye following a hurricane in Houston in 2008), winning by an average margin of 19 points. History says the players have earned that trust.

Espn.com

Naiirb
10-05-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm not feeling to good about the Ravens D getting a whole extra week to game plan against our offense especially with AJ out now.

Ole Miss Texan
10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
RAVENS: Outside linebacker Jarret Johnson said the players were "shocked" Monday when coach John Harbaugh gave them the rest of the bye week off. Harbaugh decided that players' rehab was more important than extra practices. Said Johnson via the team's official website: “That just shows the maturity of Coach Harbaugh and this team to say, ‘What’s best for this team?’ … I think it shows a lot of trust on our coaches’ part because they know we’re going to go home and work out and keep in shape and do as much as you can to improve your body going down this stretch.” Hensley's slant: Harbaugh should have faith in his players when it comes to bye weeks. The Ravens are 3-0 under Harbaugh following the bye (which includes an impromptu bye following a hurricane in Houston in 2008), winning by an average margin of 19 points. History says the players have earned that trust.

Espn.com

Ha, I was just looking at what Baltimore and Tennessee have done following their bye weeks. Over the past 5 years, both are 4-1. Baltimore being 3-0 the last three years. Tennessee's loss was last year against Miami.