PDA

View Full Version : Kickoffs

Texn4life
10-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Not to nitpick or anything, but what was going on with Hartmann's kickoffs after that first one? They all seemed to come off of his foot funny and gave the Steelers some good opportunities for returns. Luckily they didn't come back to hurt us since I know he has the ability to boom it through the end zone every time.

Rey
10-04-2011, 12:23 AM
If Hartmann keeps it up he should be a member of this team for years to come.

Dude is playing well.

Things have worked out great so far with bringing him back over Maynard.

Texan_Bill
10-04-2011, 12:27 AM
I literally just reared back, and punched myself in the junk!!

I did this because I'm out of bleach to wipe my eyes out with..

vupac1
10-04-2011, 12:34 AM
I remember having those thoughts during the Saints game, when after the first KO that sailed out the endzone, the rest were left returnable by Sproles. And of course the directional shank punt trying to keep away from Sproles proved fatal..

But overall I think he's played well thus far

Texn4life
10-04-2011, 02:34 AM
He's been great thus far, and exceeded my expectations without a doubt. I'm strictly talking about some of the kickoffs he's had. The last 3 he had were line drive submarine style kickoffs. Its happened on kickoffs in some of the other games we've played in too so I was just curious if anyone else noticed the same thing. The kid is punting his tail off so I don't have any complaints about him at all. But I know a big reason why we brought him back was because of his kickoff abilities. He's turned out to be a HUGE asset in us changing field position. If he can perfect pinning teams back like he did on that last punt against the Steelers, then we really have a major weapon.

Texn4life
10-04-2011, 02:35 AM
I literally just reared back, and punched myself in the junk!!

I did this because I'm out of bleach to wipe my eyes out with..

I'll go buy some bleach for you since you're out. That can be arranged.

SuperSerial
10-04-2011, 05:13 AM
Hartmann is the shiznit

TimeKiller
10-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Looked like he kicked that first one to the moon!!!

The other ones, kinda thought he might've kicked with the front of his shoe, not the top of the foot....gave it that weird, knuckling path....still was ending up in the endzone though. Frankly, if I'm about to go diving into a war like a kick returner does, I wouldn't want to see that crazy thing coming after me.....

TEXANS84
10-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Hartmann is the shiznit

Tack on 3 special teams tackles as well.

No complaints here.

Texn4life
10-23-2011, 06:32 PM
So........ There were some people (or should I say one person) who tried to clown me on here because I saw some problems with Hartmann's kickoffs a few weeks back. Turns out I wasn't the only one since Rackers replaced him this week. Great job today by the entire kickoff and punt coverage teams today. Made the pro bowler look hesitant and soft!