PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall What would it cost?

srrono
10-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Miami at 0-4 as a AFC East Team

AFC East Team standings are
Buffalo Bills 3-1
New England Patriots 3-1
New York Jets 2-2
Miami 0-4

Brandon Marshall cost Miami two second round picks from Denver I believe.

Now Chad Henne suffered a left shoulder injury. I dont know Henne status. Tony Sparano's job as Miami Dolphins coach is rumored to be in jeopardy. Being in the AFC EAST things are not looking good for Miami.

I propose the question what would it take to get Brandon Marshall?

Date of birth: March 23, 1984 (1984-03-23) (age 27)
Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 230 lb (104 kg)
stats 79 games 435 receptions 5346yds 29tds

6.5 million salary 2011

thunderkyss
10-03-2011, 07:18 PM
I propose the question what would it take to get Brandon Marshall?

Ben Tate

srrono
10-03-2011, 07:20 PM
just found this story
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/865945-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-brandon-marshall-should-be-traded-before-the-deadline#/articles/865945-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-brandon-marshall-should-be-traded-before-the-deadline

Ryan
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
I'd have done a trade yesterday. An AJ and Marshall Combo would set the world on fire.

The Cush
10-03-2011, 07:36 PM
How would this work cap wise beyond this season? Mario and Foster will be needing new deals this offseason

thunderkyss
10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
How would this work cap wise beyond this season? Mario and Foster will be needing new deals this offseason

Don't forget Antonio

srrono
10-03-2011, 07:50 PM
after i eat I'll look up the cap numbers

Hervoyel
10-03-2011, 08:21 PM
just found this story
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/865945-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-brandon-marshall-should-be-traded-before-the-deadline#/articles/865945-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-brandon-marshall-should-be-traded-before-the-deadline

To be honest there wasn't much in that story that would inspire me to want to go get Brandon Marshall. Reasons like "He's not complaining....yet" and "Some team in win-now mode will overpay" make me think that we could find a less marquee name for a better price and get better results.

We need a fill-in for AJ but this is all just mental masturbation because the Texans won't lift a finger to bring in a better #2 receiver. "Gary hearts Jacoby" so put aggressive moves to fix this situ out of your mind. Still, if the Texans somehow managed to surprise everyone on the planet and went out and got someone I don't think it would be a guy like Marshall. Wouldn't be TO or Moss either. It would be someone who's at most a legit #2 for someone else or an up and coming likely-legit #2.

Rey
10-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Aj is the only wr to catch a ball against Pittsburg. Not gonna be able to win too many like that.

The Cush
10-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Don't forget Antonio

One site said Smith is signed through 2014, I don't know if he's going to demand a new one

Playoffs
10-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Would not touch him.

beerlover
10-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Jacoby Jones + 2012 second round draft pick would be fair value :cool:

Dutchrudder
10-03-2011, 09:48 PM
We would have to shed some cap room in the process to make it happen. KJ and a 3rd? That would be a steal...

fiasco west
10-03-2011, 09:48 PM
I'd do it. Marshall next to Andre! Kidding me!?!

I wouldn't even think about the cap this year, worry about that kinda stuff next year. I think that team could make a playoff run and really that's all that matters. Build teams one year at a time.

Even if it takes a first rounder I'd do it. I think it really takes this team from a 'playoff contender' to a 'superbowl contender' this year. There is no way you are stopping Andre/Marshall/Foster/Daniels/ Elite Oline/ and Schuab. It's going to take a monster defensive effort to stop that.

GP
10-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Well, it's a tricky proposition.

(1) He's got issues, even if he's reportedly been staying on top of those issues.

(2) How long would it take for Schaub to gel with him?

(3) Could Schaub even utilize the guy? Sorry, but I have doubts about Schaub hitting the guy in stride and utilizing all of the talent there.

(4) What farm(s) do we have to sell to get him, especially with his salary and the salaries of other Texans premiere players needing to be addressed in the next 2 years or so.

All signs point toward trying to find someone already here, a Tuesday workout guy, or bump up Bryant Johnson and see what he can do.

Rey
10-03-2011, 11:11 PM
He'd make shammy look a lot better.

chicagotexan2
10-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Would his wife stay in MIA? If so maybe. This guys is a real player but mentally a bit off. I believe he's bipolar and tends to flip out from time to time. But the thought of Andre and Marshall is pretty awesome. I'd throw a draft pick, Kareem, Jacoby and a kevlar vest.

Playoffs
10-04-2011, 12:51 PM
This guys is a real player but mentally a bit off. I believe he's bipolar and tends to flip out from time to time.
No, he's diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder -- that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

srrono
10-04-2011, 01:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/dolphins-start-looking-for-qbs-as-fears-about-henne-rise/

Dolphins start looking for QBs as fears about Henne rise
Jeff Darlington of NFL.com reports that the Dolphins believe Henne separated his non-throwing shoulder. While Henne is game to play through the pain, the Dolphins sent Henne for a second opinion. Itís possible that the injury could end his season.

As a all or nothing move how about Matt Leinart & maybe a 4 or 5 for Marshall?

Dutchrudder
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/dolphins-start-looking-for-qbs-as-fears-about-henne-rise/

Jeff Darlington of NFL.com reports that the Dolphins believe Henne separated his non-throwing shoulder. While Henne is game to play through the pain, the Dolphins sent Henne for a second opinion. It’s possible that the injury could end his season.

Leinart would free up 2.75 million in cap space. Link (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-reach-deal-with-quarterback-Matt-Leinart-2079870.php) Add that to the 2.4 million still available and you have 5.15 million. If Marshall is getting a base salary of 6.5 million this year, then you still need some more cap space, which means you have to send another player worth at least 1.4 million in 2011.

Details of Marshall's deal (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/17/the-truth-on-the-brandon-marshall-deal/)

The Dolphins paid Marshall 9.5 million last year, and he received a 3 million $ roster bonus on April 2nd this year. So while his salary is only 6.5 million, the Dolphins will have paid him 9.5 million at the end of 2011. They will likely want to recoup that money through a trade by getting draft picks, or cheap players - since Ed Wade isn't their GM. In any case, he's not going be cheap to pry away, as there are plenty of other teams that would be bidding for him.

TexansForTheW
10-04-2011, 02:08 PM

Jeff Darlington of NFL.com reports that the Dolphins believe Henne separated his non-throwing shoulder. While Henne is game to play through the pain, the Dolphins sent Henne for a second opinion. Itís possible that the injury could end his season.

Ok, well for starters, I would offer Leinart, Tate, and a 2nd. Marshall is a top 5 wideout in this league.

Second thing, the cap is supposed to rise after this year. We are paying Mario 16 million this year. That number will go down next year too. Foster will probably get around 10 million.

tielahr
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I'd do it. Marshall next to Andre! Kidding me!?!

I wouldn't even think about the cap this year, worry about that kinda stuff next year. I think that team could make a playoff run and really that's all that matters. Build teams one year at a time.

Even if it takes a first rounder I'd do it. I think it really takes this team from a 'playoff contender' to a 'superbowl contender' this year. There is no way you are stopping Andre/Marshall/Foster/Daniels/ Elite Oline/ and Schuab. It's going to take a monster defensive effort to stop that.

Once I read that, I drooled.

Rey
10-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Ok, well for starters, I would offer Leinart, Tate, and a 2nd. Marshall is a top 5 wideout in this league.

Second thing, the cap is supposed to rise after this year. We are paying Mario 16 million this year. That number will go down next year too. Foster will probably get around 10 million.

As much as I like Tate id do that trade. We'd also get something for Leinart which is my dream anyways.

srrono
10-04-2011, 07:40 PM
instead of tate i would send ward if a rb had to be sent he is a vet and a former 1000 yd runner

BigBull17
10-04-2011, 07:55 PM
instead of tate i would send ward if a rb had to be sent he is a vet and a former 1000 yd runner

If they're trading Marshal, they want a player with upside. I love Tate, but he and a 3rd for Marshal would effing rock.

Norg
10-05-2011, 01:25 AM
After this year we really need to look into gettin a solid #2 WR and a successor to AJ

Dutchrudder
10-05-2011, 10:06 AM

If they would go for that, great, but I don't know of any GM that would trade a top 10-15 WR in his prime for a broke-down RB, a QB bust and a 2nd.

Realistically, we would have to include at least a 2nd for him, and then a couple of guys. Possible players may be a combination of KJax, Brooks Reed, Tate, Leinart, Garret Graham or Joel Dreesen. They don't really have a pass catching TE, so that may be something they are looking for in a trade.

srrono
10-05-2011, 10:37 AM
If they would go for that, great, but I don't know of any GM that would trade a top 10-15 WR in his prime for a broke-down RB, a QB bust and a 2nd.

Realistically, we would have to include at least a 2nd for him, and then a couple of guys. Possible players may be a combination of KJax, Brooks Reed, Tate, Leinart, Garret Graham or Joel Dreesen. They don't really have a pass catching TE, so that may be something they are looking for in a trade.

why does everyone think we can trade KJax when everyone in the league is seeeing him struggle as well. It isnt a secret that KJax isnt even average.

kastofsna
10-06-2011, 10:50 AM
jeez, guys. do you not know how the NFL works? why not trade for Brady, too?

TheCD
10-06-2011, 11:46 AM
No, he's diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder -- that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Wow...actually diagnosed it, you say? Hmm...that's tricky. As a counselor, I can deal with Bipolar Disorder, that's manageable. But Borderline is kind of a professional way of saying "this person is a total asshole". Basically, it boils down to Borderline's are manipulators who will do just about anything to get what they want out of people.

The1ApplePie
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Wow...actually diagnosed it, you say? Hmm...that's tricky. As a counselor, I can deal with Bipolar Disorder, that's manageable. But Borderline is kind of a professional way of saying "this person is a total asshole". Basically, it boils down to Borderline's are manipulators who will do just about anything to get what they want out of people.

My insane ex had Borderline Personality Disorder. Master manipulator that lied all the time (including saying she had cancer):mariopalm:

silvrhand
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/31/brandon-marshall-borderline-personality-disorder_n_914485.html

Rey
10-06-2011, 02:32 PM
jeez, guys. do you not know how the NFL works? why not trade for Brady, too?

Are you saying that Brandon Marshall is an untradeable commodity like Tom Brady?

ChampionTexan
10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Are you saying that Brandon Marshall is an untradeable commodity like Tom Brady?

I believe it can happen, but it's incredibly unlikely. Name the last time a top player in his prime was traded during the season.

Rey
10-06-2011, 03:25 PM
I believe it can happen, but it's incredibly unlikely. Name the last time a top player in his prime was traded during the season.

The team we are about to play traded for Richard Seymour during the season if I'm not mistaken

infantrycak
10-06-2011, 03:41 PM
The team we are about to play traded for Richard Seymour during the season if I'm not mistaken

He was traded in between pre-season and the regular season.

Dutchrudder
10-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Randy Moss? :-)

ChampionTexan
10-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Randy Moss? :-)

Not exactly in his prime.

HOU-TEX
10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Betcha Jerry Rice can still play. Get'r done!