PDA

View Full Version : Can the Tacks beat Pittsburgh?

Stemp
10-03-2011, 01:54 PM
As much as we outplayed Pitt on Sunday, they are still a pretty formidable opponent. Can the tacks keep up the momentum with their new coaching staff and new QB? I think Pitt will be looking for revenge, will correct their defensive mistakes and will get pressure on Hasselbeck and stop CJ. The question is, can Pitt score enough to win? The OL is horrible and Rothlesburger may be out.

gtexan02
10-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Easily. They dominated the Ravens who dominated the Steelers.

The Titans have a good D and can put up enough points. I think they will easily beat Pitt

Mr teX
10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
No doubt they'll have it a little tougher than we did b/c we got them at home, they get them on the road. But the other reason why i say that is b/c in the 2nd half, their defense seemed to play better; in particular Polamalu was more animated & amped up than i've ever seen him which does not bode well for tenn.

Their offense is the question though. They'll likely get 1 of their starting O-lineman back for the titans game & even if ben doesn't play, they're pretty set at back up qb as batch is seasoned & dixon is dangerous. People forget they went 3-1 with dixon & batch last year at the beginning of the season.

I think pitt comes out pissed on defense & if tenn/hasselbeck turns the ball over early.... On offense i think they start looking for ward more on short crossing patterns in an effort to protect whomever starts at qb & it'll open up things deep for wallace/harris late. So imo, its a push depending on how pitt comes out.

Dutchrudder
10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Dennis Dixon looked alright in the first four games last year. I could see him being a problem for the Tennessee defense, but I would still expect the Titans to win the game. Would love to see an upset though.

Vinny
10-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I'll keep it simple...yes.

ziggy29
10-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Football is a fickle game. Just 24 hours ago it was "Beat the Steelers!" -- and now it's "Go Steelers!"

HOU-TEX
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I'll keep it simple...yes.

I concur

Football is a fickle game. Just 24 hours ago it was "Beat the Steelers!" -- and now it's "Go Steelers!"

Heh, true

Dutchrudder
10-03-2011, 02:40 PM

Yeah, and in 3 weeks it will be 'Go Colts!!!'

Dread-Head
10-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Now that my #1 Team is no longer my #2 teams opponent I can take the Terrible Towel back out and wave it again. "I'm gonna have to say in the butt Bob..." Cha the Titans are going down.

fiasco west
10-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah they can easily with how that Oline is playing.

But Pitt's defense can still win games and they are at home so I like their chances as well.

Double Barrel
10-03-2011, 04:19 PM
I think it could be a great game. Both teams have the potential to win it.

toronto
10-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Yes they can win. If they replicate the effort and execution of their wins over Cleveland/Baltimore. The Denver win was lucky, and I forgot about the loss already. I do those things out of convenience to extend my life.

Hervoyel
10-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Now that my #1 Team is no longer my #2 teams opponent I can take the Terrible Towel back out and wave it again. "I'm gonna have to say in the butt Bob..." Cha the Titans are going down.

Exactly. Right there with. I'm hoping the Steeler defense is deeply pissed off about this loss and ready to take it out on someone.

Seņor Stan
10-04-2011, 11:45 AM

That just looks wrong.

Norg
10-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Lets hope not :kitten:

Dutchrudder
10-04-2011, 01:52 PM
That just looks wrong.

Would you rather see the Titans beat the Colts? At this point, I wouldn't.

srrono
10-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I have a feeling C. Johson is going to go off in this game. Pitt is going to overload the box to stop CJ and I think he is going to break thru that box and be gone for a couple long scores. CJ is due.

markn
10-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately, by virtue of having physically kicked the living crap out of the steelers, we've made the tit's job that little bit easier. No Harrison, and a banged up Roethlisberger could be all the difference that's needed.

I think we'll get no help here and may need to beat the tits twice to win the division.

fiasco west
10-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately, by virtue of having physically kicked the living crap out of the steelers, we've made the tit's job that little bit easier. No Harrison, and a banged up Roethlisberger could be all the difference that's needed.

I think we'll get no help here and may need to beat the tits twice to win the division.

I hope it is the opposite. I think the Steelers will be fired up, this is the kind of games they tend to win.

Lost Harrison, Ben is banged up, they are at home, and everyone is doubting them. I don't think their offense will be very successful, but that defense can still be tough especially when they are at home.

DexmanC
10-07-2011, 11:39 AM
No doubt they'll have it a little tougher than we did b/c we got them at home, they get them on the road. But the other reason why i say that is b/c in the 2nd half, their defense seemed to play better; in particular Polamalu was more animated & amped up than i've ever seen him which does not bode well for tenn.

Their offense is the question though. They'll likely get 1 of their starting O-lineman back for the titans game & even if ben doesn't play, they're pretty set at back up qb as batch is seasoned & dixon is dangerous. People forget they went 3-1 with dixon & batch last year at the beginning of the season.

I think pitt comes out pissed on defense & if tenn/hasselbeck turns the ball over early.... On offense i think they start looking for ward more on short crossing patterns in an effort to protect whomever starts at qb & it'll open up things deep for wallace/harris late. So imo, its a push depending on how pitt comes out.

I also saw Byron Leftwich on the Steelers sidelines last Sunday. How much talent/
experience does this team need?

Vinny
10-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I hope it is the opposite. I think the Steelers will be fired up, this is the kind of games they tend to win.

Lost Harrison, Ben is banged up, they are at home, and everyone is doubting them. I don't think their offense will be very successful, but that defense can still be tough especially when they are at home.
The Titan front 7 is going to kick the crap out of the Steeler oline this weekend...unfortunately.

NitroGSXR
10-07-2011, 02:21 PM

No can do. All I will do is hope for an all-out war. A game of hard-hitting football. Don't care who wins because we will play them both afterwards.