PDA

View Full Version : Game stats against Pittsburgh

badboy
10-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Have not seen this posted and wanted to share.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/game/2011/regular4/

thunderkyss
10-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Penalties 9 for 64 yards.

Have we ever had a game that bad?

gtexan02
10-03-2011, 11:37 AM

9 for 64 yards sounds like nothing.

It should say penalties:
1 took away a sack fumble
1 took away a blocked FG TD
1 took away a pick 6

Unbelieavable

Kimmy
10-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Complete game stats with the NFL.COM Game Book (http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55216/HOU_Gamebook.pdf) It is posted after every game, every week

The Pencil Neck
10-03-2011, 11:50 AM

I'm sure we have. I'm sure we've had both more penalties and more yards. Separately and together.

CloakNNNdagger
10-04-2011, 01:35 PM
One observation which I had to extrapolate from the available stats was.

The Texans' total net yards for the entire 2nd half was only 102 yds..............~40% of which were generated by ONE play..........Foster's 42 yd TD run!:kitten:

Texan_Bill
10-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Complete game stats with the NFL.COM Game Book (http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55216/HOU_Gamebook.pdf) It is posted after every game, every week

I was about to post the link to your thread from yesterday.

Ranger Tom
10-04-2011, 02:09 PM
One observation which I had to extrapolate from the available stats was.

The Texans' total net yards for the entire 2nd half was only 102 yds..............~40% of which were generated by ONE play..........Foster's 42 yd TD run!:kitten:

It's not surprising. This is a first-half-only team and has been for some time.

HJam72
10-04-2011, 02:30 PM
J-Jo scores 14 pts., if not for 2 penalties called on other players, neither of which actually helped him score. :choke:

His consolation prize is my avatar for the week. I'm sure he's real excited. :splits:

The Pencil Neck
10-04-2011, 02:54 PM
It's not surprising. This is a first-half-only team and has been for some time.

Except when they only play the second half of the game like they did several times last year.

badboy
10-04-2011, 09:08 PM
It's not surprising. This is a first-half-only team and has been for some time.? I thought we had rep for not starting the game until 2nd half? This season many have comment on how Kubes had turned it around this season.

Ranger Tom
10-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I may not remember things correctly here. Either way, this team has had a problem of only playing one half of the game.

badboy
10-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I may not remember things correctly here. Either way, this team has had a problem of only playing one half of the game.The solution either way is to play all four quarters. I was very happy to see the Texans come back hard end of game as momentum had seemingly shifted to Pittsburgh.

The Pencil Neck
10-05-2011, 11:43 AM
I may not remember things correctly here. Either way, this team has had a problem of only playing one half of the game.

2 years ago iirc, we started fast and didn't finish.

Last year, they put the emphasis on finishing. And then we got a bunch of games where we only showed up in the 2nd half (like the Ravens game, the Redskins game) but there were still some games where we only showed up in the first half (like the Broncos game.)

This year, the preseason emphasis was on starting fast. And we've actually been better that that so far.

But our 1st half vs. 2nd half stats look extra bad because of that first game against the Colts. We piled it on in that first half and then went into prevent mode in the second half. We do need to start playing complete games but lots of teams have this sort of back and forth flow with the momentum.

Big Lou
10-05-2011, 03:50 PM
J-Jo scores 14 pts., if not for 2 penalties called on other players, neither of which actually helped him score. :choke:

His consolation prize is my avatar for the week. I'm sure he's real excited. :splits:

He was trying to replicate Aaron Glenn's win, I mean the Texans win over Pitt up at Heinz Field back in the day when Glenn had to pick six's, and the Offense only put up like 60 yards of total offense.

infantrycak
10-05-2011, 04:40 PM
He was trying to replicate Aaron Glenn's win, I mean the Texans win over Pitt up at Heinz Field back in the day when Glenn had to pick six's, and the Offense only put up like 60 yards of total offense.

2002 - 47 net yards, 3 first downs with one by penalty. NFL record for least yards in a winning effort.

BigBull17
10-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Who is suprised that a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator with a veterern defense that took them to a Superbowl made adjustments that slowed down our offense? That is still a good team.

Texan_Bill
10-06-2011, 12:52 PM
2002 - 47 net yards, 3 first downs with one by penalty. NFL record for least yards in a winning effort.

Awesome!! Our Texans are ground-breaking trend setters! :smiliepalm:

HWSNBN went 3 of 10. Billy Miller was the only Texan to catch a ball that day. He had the 3 receptions.

BTW, before anyone says Pittsburgh sucked that year, I will remind them that the Steelers went 10-5-1 winning their division.

HOU-TEX
10-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Awesome!! Our Texans are ground-breaking trend setters! :smiliepalm:

HWSNBN went 3 of 10. Billy Miller was the only Texan to catch a ball that day. He had the 3 receptions.

BTW, before anyone says Pittsburgh sucked that year, I will remind them that the Steelers went 10-5-1 winning their division.

Yeah, but I can still say we sucked that year, so ha

badboy
10-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Not willing to imply that Texans have turned a corner but am confident we will continue to win and improve all facets of the team.

Texan_Bill
10-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah, but I can still say we sucked that year, so ha

The best part about our suckitude that year? September 8, 2002.