PDA

View Full Version : Top Yahoo Story

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 06:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Danieal-Manning-commits-one-of-the-worst-penalti?urn=nfl-wp8420

Danieal Manning commits one of the worst penalties you’ll ever see
By MJD

It turned out that the Texans were able to survive it, but just at the end of the first half, a Danieal Manning(notes) penalty erased a Texans touchdown from the scoreboard.

What was it that earned Manning the punitive yellow fabric? Well, he apparently felt like kicker Shaun Suisham(notes) was a threat to chase down cornerback Johnathan Joseph(notes). So he blocked Suisham in the back.

And that's how you make seven points disappear. You act like the athleticism of Shaun Suisham is something that needs to be addressed.

The penalty was part of a Texans first-half effort that looked pretty good, but somehow only staked them to a 10-point halftime lead. The Steelers hung around, made some plays in the second half, and had a chance to tie the game on the final drive.

They didn't, though, because the Texans now have a defense with enough backbone to overcome mistakes like this. Tremendous win for the Texans.

MEGA SWATT
10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
:choke:

Brandon420tx
10-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Nevermind he blocked the field goal to keep the Steelers off the board (no mention of that at all)

Big Lou
10-02-2011, 07:14 PM
So first off there is no f-ing was Sushi-Shamaow is catching JoJo so it was not even in play and also unless Sweeshums arm are attached to his back it was a bullshit call. Manning pushed is arm from the side when blocking him.

badboy
10-02-2011, 08:44 PM
So first off there is no f-ing was Sushi-Shamaow is catching JoJo so it was not even in play and also unless Sweeshums arm are attached to his back it was a bullshit call. Manning pushed is arm from the side when blocking him.As I understand there is no rule about whether the blocked player could have caught the Texan or not. Manning blocked him in the back. Good call.

Ryan
10-02-2011, 08:46 PM
As I understand there is no rule about whether the blocked player could have caught the Texan or not. Manning blocked him in the back. Good call.

Might have been against the rules, but i think the rules could use a change. Kind of like how alot of times pass interference doesn't get called because the ball was out of reach.

infantrycak
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
As I understand there is no rule about whether the blocked player could have caught the Texan or not. Manning blocked him in the back. Good call.

Bull shit. Manning hit him from the side. You are correct the rule doesn't say the player being blocked has to be in a position to make a tackle but that is generally understood by refs and again it was not in the back, it was perpendicular.

The Cush
10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Its now been replaced by a video of Romo giving Jerry Jones the cold shoulder at the end of the game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Romo-brushes-off-Jerry-Jones-on-Cowboys-s?urn=nfl-wp8452

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Its now been replaced by a video of Romo giving Jerry Jones the cold shoulder at the end of the game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Romo-brushes-off-Jerry-Jones-on-Cowboys-s?urn=nfl-wp8452

That's awesome

drunkcookie
10-03-2011, 11:22 AM
He shouldn't have touched the guy period, but he did block the field goal... But i wonder, is this the first time a player has taken 10 points off the board in one play?

As for it being a penalty that refs can use descretion on if it happens away from the play etc..., isn't this rule also meant for player protection?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

gtexan02
10-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Ridiculous call considering he got him from the side.
Ridiculous call considering it had no bearing on the play at all.
Ridiculous call considering the refs had already penalized us unfairly multiple times throughout the game.

Its a good thing we won, or I'd be livid