PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones on Suicide Watch

CloakNNNdagger
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Could this be a new Cowboys tradition?

Rapid Reaction: Lions 34, Cowboys 30 (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/31158/page/rapidreaction/rapid-reaction-lions-34-cowboys-30)
October, 2, 2011
By Calvin Watkins

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Cowboys blew a 24-point lead, the second time this season a double-digit second half lead was blown resulting in a loss. Detroit 34, Dallas 30.

What it means: The Cowboys head into the bye at 2-2 and missed a chance to take momentum into the game against New England in two weeks. It was a bad loss, possibly worse than the Week 1 loss to the New York Jets. The Cowboys were booed when they walked off the field. This was terrible.

Romo's screwups: Tony Romo's three second-half interceptions led to three touchdowns for the Detroit Lions. The last turnover was on a pass to Jason Witten that came with 4:13 to play in regulation, and the Lions took the lead on the ensuing drive. In the Week 1 loss to the New York Jets, Romo committed two turnovers in the fourth quarter. You can't have that if you're trying to be an elite quarterback.

Johnson's day: He didn't have a catch in the first quarter, but as the game picked up, Calvin Johnson turned into Megatron. Johnson finished with eight catches for 96 yards and two touchdowns, including the go-ahead score with 1:49 to play. The Cowboys' secondary struggled to cover him in man and zone coverage. The last score was a jump ball over Terence Newman. Rob Ryan said Dez Bryant and Miles Austin were better and Jason Garrett said Johnson was the best player in the NFL. Looks like Garrett may have been right.

Where'd Dez go? After catching three passes, including two for touchdowns, in the first half, Dez Bryant was shut out in the second half. Bryant played with a bruised thigh but still was effective, catching touchdown passes of 25 and 6 yards. But with the Cowboys turning the ball over and running the ball, it made Bryant ineffective on the day.

What's next?: A bye. The Cowboys take four days off and will get ready for a trip to New England in two weeks.

Dutchrudder
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
See, this is what happens when you let the Aggies play at Jerryworld the day before the Cowboys have a home game. The curse hasn't found its way back to College Station yet...

El Tejano
10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Jerry, we know how you feel. It's not worth it man. You just have to realize your team sucks and go on with your Sunday. That's the best advice I can give you. There's more to your Sunday than football. JJJJEEEEERRRRRYYYYYY.......

I knew I shouldn't have stood to close to him on the ledge!

MEGA SWATT
10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
The Arlington CowGirls are sucking wind.:cow:

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.balettie.com/texas/Romo_choke.jpg

Dread-Head
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
D-TROIT ROCK CITY! I said at the end of last season that the Lions were better than their record indicated. They're the team to beat in the NFC this year.

eriadoc
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I said at the end of last season that the Lions were better than their record indicated. They're the team to beat in the NFC this year.

They aren't even the team to beat in their own division.

Dread-Head
10-02-2011, 06:23 PM

:thinking: Cha...aren't they 4-0? I'm just sayin'. I know the season is young, but they seem to be playing some decent ball.

mattieuk
10-02-2011, 06:33 PM

You seen them much this season?

I picked up Stafford and C. Johnson in my FF team this year, thinking that they'd put up good numbers, but fall short as a team - but their performances have been pretty damn impressive. Their D line is looking fierce, and their offense is looking much more experienced than it is.

I think next week is going to be a big test for them - the Bears should play tougher than the other teams the Lions have faced - but at this moment in time, I'd take a match up with GB over the Lions. The Lions have the kind of upside the Texans had a couple of years ago, but with a much less volatile defense - an All-Pro wide out who can make plays out of nothing, a strong up and coming at QB, and league wide skepticism about the ability of the team to get it done.

The Cush
10-02-2011, 07:57 PM
LOL. Romo brushes off Jerry Jones at the end of the game not wanting to explain why he likes to throw to the opposing team so often

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Romo-brushes-off-Jerry-Jones-on-Cowboys-s?urn=nfl-wp8452

Spled
10-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Romo may be looking for a new team next year after dissing the boss like that.

DocBar
10-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm surprised Jones hasn't had a stroke after Romo did that. I bet the ass-chewing was EPIC

fiasco west
10-02-2011, 09:01 PM
:thinking: Cha...aren't they 4-0? I'm just sayin'. I know the season is young, but they seem to be playing some decent ball.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/rodgersbelt_575.jpg

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 09:02 PM
lol. Romo brushes off jerry jones at the end of the game not wanting to explain why he likes to throw to the opposing team so often

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/video-romo-brushes-off-jerry-jones-on-cowboys-s?urn=nfl-wp8452

love this!

GuerillaBlack
10-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Stafford to Johnson is a beastly combo. Stafford just throws it up and Johnson will go up and get it. That collapse was just epic. Up 27-3 in the third...

TexansSeminole
10-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Stafford to Johnson is a beastly combo. Stafford just throws it up and Johnson will go up and get it. That collapse was just epic. Up 27-3 in the third...

Pretty much any strong arm QB to Johnson is a beastly combo. But I do like Stafford!

hradhak
10-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Haha. I don't usually cheer when any team falls flat on its face, but I make an exception with the Cowboys (and to a lesser extent Sanchez and the Jets). The Cowpokes blowing a sure thing is just hilarious.

Calface4
10-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Haha. I don't usually cheer when any team falls flat on its face, but I make an exception with the Cowboys (and to a lesser extent Sanchez and the Jets). The Cowpokes blowing a sure thing is just hilarious.

Nothing better than watching a cowboys loss!!!!

kiwitexansfan
10-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Let's all just agree that he Romo'd the HECK out of that game.

Romo was all like, whatever skeletor.

chicagotexan2
10-02-2011, 10:18 PM
D-TROIT ROCK CITY! I said at the end of last season that the Lions were better than their record indicated. They're the team to beat in the NFC this year.

Det looks so good i might not get drunk and fall asleep during the thanksgiving game this xseason. Well I might not fall asleep.

Showtime100
10-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Come on Jerry, take one for the team!! Geez wait. I want him in that organization. The next guy might be good for the team.

axman40
10-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey Romo had a hellava day, five Tds, so what if 2 of those were to the Lions.:vincepalm:

eriadoc
10-02-2011, 10:43 PM

This.

Corrosion
10-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Jerry, we know how you feel. It's not worth it man. You just have to realize your team sucks and go on with your Sunday. That's the best advice I can give you. There's more to your Sunday than football. JJJJEEEEERRRRRYYYYYY.......

I knew I shouldn't have stood to close to him on the ledge!

I was standing on the other side of him and gave him a little nudge .... didnt take much. :tiphat:

Dread-Head
10-03-2011, 12:04 AM

And the Texans beat just beat the guys who they played in the Superbowl a few months back and last week lost to the guys who WON it the year before. 2010 might as well be 1972 in the NFL. Free agency means a team can go from the cellar to the penthouse in a season and vice versa. No ones won back to back titles in a minute so I'll stand by my original statement. Greenbay this season has three HOME wins and one on the road. Detroit has ONE home win and THREE on the road. You won in YOUR stadium in front of YOUR fans under optimal conditions. BFD. I hate to get all "Horton the elephant" here, but "I meant what I said...and I said what I meant."

P.S. If Rashid (I-can't-seem-to-hold-on-to-the-ball) Mendenhall did his JOB and simply held on to a vuggin' football The AFC would have REGAINED bragging rights.

fiasco west
10-03-2011, 12:25 AM
And the Texans beat just beat the guys who they played in the Superbowl a few months back and last week lost to the guys who WON it the year before. 2010 might as well be 1972 in the NFL. Free agency means a team can go from the cellar to the penthouse in a season and vice versa. No ones won back to back titles in a minute so I'll stand by my original statement. Greenbay this season has three HOME wins and one on the road. Detroit has ONE home win and THREE on the road. You won in YOUR stadium in front of YOUR fans under optimal conditions. BFD. I hate to get all "Horton the elephant" here, but "I meant what I said...and I said what I meant."

P.S. If Rashid (I-can't-seem-to-hold-on-to-the-ball) Mendenhall did his JOB and simply held on to a vuggin' football The AFC would have REGAINED bragging rights.

Well there is a big diff between the Pack and the Steelers. The Steelers have not looked as good as the Pack who have pretty much made easy work of all of the teams they played.

All I'm saying is if the Lions get 20+ down on the Packers. They aren't coming back to win it. Rodgers is a different animal than the QBs they've played thus far.

StarStruck
10-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Oh, what a weekend!

Willowridge - underdog and win (check)
Hightower - toss up and win (check)
Prairie View - underdog and win (check)
Texans - favored in my opinion and win (check)
Cowboys - should have won by a landslide but no loss due to getting handed a loss by the best team, but gave it away (check)

IMO, if Romo was consistent and play a disciplined game, we could be looking at 4-0. Also, IMO, still a good team, but unless we play as though our lives depended on that win, then another mediocre year. Truthfully, until we get consistent and play like a team with the eyes on the prize, then we deserve every loss we get. Not very happy now, but love em just the same! BTW, Romo should be able to come up with a better way of saying thanks to Carpenter for being one of his groomsmen.

infantrycak
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Romo may be looking for a new team next year after dissing the boss like that.

I doubt it but having said that it is pretty bad when two hall of fame players from your team (who still live in Dallas) think your time is done. Deion and Irvin both said Romo was great for stats but wasn't a winner and the Cowboys needed someone new. Aikman (the anti-Romo - no gaudy stats but clutch player) will probably be more diplomatic when someone inevitably sticks a mike in front of him.

The Cush
10-03-2011, 12:31 PM
I hate the Cowboys but Skip Bayless is an *****. He is on First Take actually arguing for the fact that he thinks Tony Romo purposely threw a pick to his friend Barbie Carpenter. That guy :vincepalm:

ziggy29
10-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Tony Romo's: A Place for Chokes

Double Barrel
10-03-2011, 12:38 PM
I like Detroit, but the delusions of crowning them ahead of the defending Super Bowl champions is a bit much. Let's see how those two face-to-face matchups work out, much less the rest of the season, before handing them the kingdom.

As far as the Cowboys...yikes! Horrible way to lose a game.

thunderkyss
10-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey Romo had a hellava day, five Tds, so what if 2 of those were to the Lions.:vincepalm:

In all seriousness, he threw the ball 47 times. They go into the 3rd Qtr with a 24 point lead, go into the 4th with a 13 pt lead.

It's easy to blame Romo, but if that were Houston, there'd be pink soap every where.

Where was the running game?

Where was the defense?

Where was the play-calling?

Deione started good last night, he took Romo's words, "ok you knew what the problem was after the Jets game, you know what the problem is after this game.... it's the same problem."

I thought he was going to go into, "Why do we keep putting him in this situation?" The game should have been over at half-time, that defense (#4 I think it total yards right now) should have been able to do something.

We blame Kubiak for being too conservative in the 4th Qtr, but If I were a Dallas fan, 3 yards & a cloud of dust sure sounds like a better option than having Romo gunslinging it around the stadium.

Punt that ball & let your defense win you that game.

Ryan
10-03-2011, 12:47 PM
In all seriousness, he threw the ball 47 times. They go into the 3rd Qtr with a 24 point lead, go into the 4th with a 13 pt lead.

It's easy to blame Romo, but if that were Houston, there'd be pink soap every where.

Where was the running game?

Where was the defense?

Where was the play-calling?

Deione started good last night, he took Romo's words, "ok you knew what the problem was after the Jets game, you know what the problem is after this game.... it's the same problem."

I thought he was going to go into, "Why do we keep putting him in this situation?" The game should have been over at half-time, that defense (#4 I think it total yards right now) should have been able to do something.

We blame Kubiak for being too conservative in the 4th Qtr, but If I were a Dallas fan, 3 yards & a cloud of dust sure sounds like a better option than having Romo gunslinging it around the stadium.

Here's a chart for that.

http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/tony-romo-flowchart.jpg

Mr teX
10-03-2011, 12:49 PM

Where was the running game? they have no running game; hence Romo chunking it 47 times

Where was the defense? there's only so much you can do, great players make plays & on those 2 calvin johnson TD's the coverage was there, he just made a great play.

Where was the play-calling? I don't care what kind of play is called, 2 of those 3 ints romo threw were terrible. 1 he just threw up to witten, the other i nor deion could tell u what the hell he saw..just god awful decisions.

At the end of the day, it's par for the course with Romo. He can't get out of his own way long enough for his physical talents to shine through.

thunderkyss
10-03-2011, 01:43 PM
they have no running game; hence Romo chunking it 47 times

there's only so much you can do, great players make plays & on those 2 calvin johnson TD's the coverage was there, he just made a great play.

I don't care what kind of play is called, 2 of those 3 ints romo threw were terrible. 1 he just threw up to witten, the other i nor deion could tell u what the hell he saw..just god awful decisions.
At the end of the day, it's par for the course with Romo. He can't get out of his own way long enough for his physical talents to shine through.

I know Romo's decision making is part of the problem. Imagine you are the HC of the Dallas Cowboys & Romo is your best option.

Do you keep putting him in that situation? What I'm saying is I'll take the cloud of dust & punt option before I keep putting the ball in Romo's hand when the game is on the line. This was a perfect situation, without blessing them with good field position, the Lions' great players weren't doing a whole lot.

Punt that ball & put it in the hand of your D. If they score 34 points after starting from the 20 every possession in a half.... I'll take that loss & feel good about it.

But to March Romo out there throwing the ball, "being aggressive" You can blame Romo all you want, but if you hadn't figured out who he is by now, it's time to stop blaming Romo & time to look in the mirror.

In summary, Romo is the problem..... why do you keep putting the game in his hands?

HOU-TEX
10-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Here's a chart for that.

:spit: That's awesome. +Rep

Texan_Bill
10-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Jerry World will implement a new policy for their remaing home games. They will no longer be selling food at the stadium.

Reason given: Too much choking going on in the stadium. :vincepalm:

ziggy29
10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
That Tony Romo flowchart needs one more decision point after the decision to "throw to Witten anyway": --

Is it the 4th Quarter? No ==> 1st and 10 for Dallas. Yes ==> Intercepted.

Mr. Texan
10-03-2011, 01:58 PM
5 TD's.

What an impressive performance by Tony Romo.

The mans greatest knows no bounds.

Dread-Head
10-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Well there is a big diff between the Pack and the Steelers. The Steelers have not looked as good as the Pack who have pretty much made easy work of all of the teams they played.

All I'm saying is if the Lions get 20+ down on the Packers. They aren't coming back to win it. Rodgers is a different animal than the QBs they've played thus far.

:thinking: The Pack have had 3 home games, the Steelers have had three road games. The Packs O-line is still in tact the Steelers are breaking in a rookie O-line with a couple of vets. NFC QBs are over rated.

StarStruck
10-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Jerry World will implement a new policy for their remaing home games. They will no longer be selling food at the stadium.

Reason given: Too much choking going on in the stadium. :vincepalm:

Think I can get in with a sack lunch?:)

ziggy29
10-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Think I can get in with a sack lunch?:)
You can fit Mario into that thing?

fiasco west
10-03-2011, 02:57 PM
:thinking: The Pack have had 3 home games, the Steelers have had three road games. The Packs O-line is still in tact the Steelers are breaking in a rookie O-line with a couple of vets. NFC QBs are over rated.

Yep, the Packers Oline is better than the Steelers...the Packers are a better team than the Steelers as was proven earlier this year. So what about the Road games? You have to win those too, and the Steelers had problems beating a Manningless Colts team.

As for the NFC QBs being overrated...you seriously are not saying Rodgers is overrated? Have you seen him play? I don't see how anyone can say he's 'overrated'

There is something to be said about the Lions inability to start off games strong. I'm not hating on them or whatever, but if they get down to the likes of the Saints or Packers they aren't coming back. Remember the Texans problems for starting off games poorly?

It's one thing to come back against the Vikings and Cowboys and another entirely to come back against the Saints and Packers.

Mr teX
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I know Romo's decision making is part of the problem. Imagine you are the HC of the Dallas Cowboys & Romo is your best option.

Do you keep putting him in that situation? What I'm saying is I'll take the cloud of dust & punt option before I keep putting the ball in Romo's hand when the game is on the line. This was a perfect situation, without blessing them with good field position, the Lions' great players weren't doing a whole lot.

Punt that ball & put it in the hand of your D. If they score 34 points after starting from the 20 every possession in a half.... I'll take that loss & feel good about it.

But to March Romo out there throwing the ball, "being aggressive" You can blame Romo all you want, but if you hadn't figured out who he is by now, it's time to stop blaming Romo & time to look in the mirror.

In summary, Romo is the problem..... why do you keep putting the game in his hands?

That strategy could work for 1/2 a quarter tops & that's if you're far enough ahead. but there's no way you could do that against a competent team for a 1/2 of a game which is about when he started feeling that little itch in his throat & the choking began.

No doubt Garrett could've done a better job of controlling Romo's attempts but had they taken that approach & still lost, people would've been saying what our fans say about the texans offense at now.....i.e.

"why go into a shell offensively when we were killing them in the passing game.."

"they need to develop that killer instinct....keep your foot on the gas etc., etc."

ziggy29
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
You think Rodgers and Brees are overrated? I think Rodgers may be the best QB in the NFL for the next few years. And I recently saw (to my discomfort) what Brees did to the Texans.

What you say about the O-line is true, but when has a pocket quarterback considered "elite" NOT had an above average O-line? Aikman may be the most overrated QB of all time, a "good" QB turned enshrined in Canton because of Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin and possibly the best O-line in the history of the NFL.

The1ApplePie
10-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Here's a chart for that.

Rep! (from a Cowboys/Romo fan)

thunderkyss
10-03-2011, 04:46 PM
That strategy could work for 1/2 a quarter tops & that's if you're far enough ahead. but there's no way you could do that against a competent team for a 1/2 of a game which is about when he started feeling that little itch in his throat & the choking began.

No doubt Garrett could've done a better job of controlling Romo's attempts but had they taken that approach & still lost, people would've been saying what our fans say about the texans offense at now.....i.e.

"why go into a shell offensively when we were killing them in the passing game.."

"they need to develop that killer instinct....keep your foot on the gas etc., etc."

Ws & Ls that's all that matters. They can cry in their milk all they want, but they'll have their butts in their seats come play-off time.

They could be 4-0 if they scaled it back a little bit. Start throwing screens, running draws, put Jon Kitna in with a big half-time lead.... & just manage the game.