PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dan Diedorf,

El Tejano
10-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I would like to remind you that it is your job to be as un-bias as possible. Your commentating today had me wondering if you were wishing you could meet Ben Rothelisberger in a bathroom stall.

Is there any possible way that when you do color commentating for Texans games that you might want to talk about anything good we are doing or are you just flat out mad that you didn't get to do another game?

When The Texans made a 3rd down stop by drilling Hines Ward in the back and forcing Rothelisberger to punt, you insisted on talking about what a great throw he made and how terrific an athelete he is. WHO GIVES A RATS TAIL??? When Ben gets pressured by Mario Williams and Mario doesn't fall for a fake forcing Ben to get rid of a ball on 3rd down, we begin to actually here you masterbating to the idea of Ben being "such an incredible athlete to avoid the pressure and get the ball out."

Then the Texans get the ball back with just over 4 mins remaining and I'm thinking you should just go ahead and say "we aren't going down like that Houston. Steelers forever!!!" because you just kept insisting that this game was far from over.

We could also hear your relief on the JJo interception when the "roughing the passer" call was made.

It is my only prayer now that you never get teamed up with Steve Tasker or Dan Fouts.

Texans, it is time for you to take notice of this and start going on some glorious win streak so that you can stop being the most disrespected team in the league.

brakos82
10-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Think you meant bias-free. :kitten:

Trap_Star
10-02-2011, 04:07 PM
to be fair, he also sounded like the wants an orgy with our oline. he praised them all game.

Naiirb
10-02-2011, 04:07 PM
I miss Gus Johnson :(

Malloy
10-02-2011, 04:08 PM
I just kept wondering why they continued to talk about Ben-burgers 'awareness'. We're talking about the fumble/int-machine of Pittsburgh... I would call him unaware :)

Kaiser Toro
10-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Dear Dan Dierdorf,

Why do you hate Texans?

TexansBull
10-02-2011, 04:09 PM

Yea, Gus would get into to the game sometimes. Here is an update on him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/30/gus-johnson-makes-his-nfl-return/

Maddict5
10-02-2011, 04:10 PM

he's baaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkk. did the kc game today. hope hes around for rest of season now

ESAD2-14
10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
to be fair, he also sounded like the wants an orgy with our oline. he praised them all game.

While he did praise our offensive line, that was about 2 minutes out of a 2 hour Dierdorf on Ben Rothelisberger leg humping session. Everyone watching the game where I was at just wanted him to shut up towards the end.

Dutchrudder
10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I wish they had an alternate channel in which you could watch the games with the game sounds, but zero commentary. That would be ideal to me as I never care what those people have to say about the game itself.

Trap_Star
10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
While he did praise our offensive line, that was about 2 minutes out of a 2 hour Dierdorf on Ben Rothelisberger leg humping session. Everyone watching the game where I was at just wanted him to shut up towards the end.

well, i wouldn't mind watching him and ben bang one out.

beerlover
10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
disliked him on Monday night, now he taunts me on Texans broadcasts :vincepalm:

Showtime100
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I wish they had an alternate channel in which you could watch the games with the game sounds, but zero commentary. That would be ideal to me as I never care what those people have to say about the game itself.

Yeah, NBC, I think it was NBC, tried that once and I saw a game with just the game sounds. Interesting and weird all at the same time.

I think we are so conditioned to have a voice-over it would take a long time for most of the fans, myself included, to get used to the format.

Somewhere, though I'll only admit it here, I like even a Dierdorf blowhard doing the game. It sort of adds to the whole anger thing....lol.

ESAD2-14
10-02-2011, 04:26 PM

That's a penalty.

:backsout:

brakos82
10-02-2011, 04:28 PM
That's a penalty.

:backsout:

:facepalm: Bill!

Trap_Star
10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
a reach a round by ben to dan negates that penalty.

El Tejano
10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Just glad to see we pissed him off again.

ObsiWan
10-02-2011, 04:31 PM

uhh... riiiight...
you can have my share.

76Texan
10-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Your commentating today had me wondering if you were wishing you could meet Ben Rothelisberger in a bathroom stall.

I don't dislike Dierdoff all that much, but this is pure gold, LOL!

BullNation4Life
10-02-2011, 04:35 PM

This is still my all time favorite Gus Johnson call. They even put it in Madden 12....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHofAqyja_s

freaking awesome and Taker doesn't know what to do. Stumbling on his words....

Big Lou
10-02-2011, 04:36 PM
MARY-O Williams!!!!!

ET you read my mind with the Rothlesblunder comments!!!!

El Tejano
10-02-2011, 04:41 PM
MARY-O Williams!!!!!

ET you read my mind with the Rothlesblunder comments!!!!

Thanks. I'm just praying that white substance that splashed the camera lens was the lotion. LOL!

And yes, can we please send a pronunciation chart to these commentators! Perhaps a fan in the stand can make a sign:

HEY COMMENTATORS, IT'S PRONOUNCED M - R -IO! Stop looking at pictures of Mark Sanchez and Ben Rothelisberger and get it right!

BullNation4Life
10-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks. I'm just praying that white substance that splashed the camera lens was the lotion. LOL!

And yes, can we please send a pronunciation chart to these commentators! Perhaps a fan in the stand can make a sign:

HEY COMMENTATORS, IT'S PRONOUNCED M - R -IO! Stop looking at pictures of Mark Sanchez and Ben Rothelisberger and get it right!

you need a vowel or did I miss the joke?

HTown2ATX
10-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Near the end when Watt looked to me that he either fell or was pushed into Big Ben in the end zone and he was flagged....Dan seemed to relish that the call was made and how JJ dare touch his sacred cow.

Was it just me or did it look like the JJ contact was inadvertant?

Cjeremy635
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM

You're back Trap! I was wondering where your comments ran off too.....? Lol

mariowillshine15
10-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Near the end when Watt looked to me that he either fell or was pushed into Big Ben in the end zone and he was flagged....Dan seemed to relish that the call was made and how JJ dare touch his sacred cow.

He was pushed into Ben or he made his lunge before he threw the ball.

Either way it was a BS call.

Trap_Star
10-02-2011, 05:05 PM
You're back Trap! I was wondering where your comments ran off too.....? Lol

tran hunting in thailand.

bo orlando
10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
hey, did you guys know that mike tomlin is 39 years old? i mean, really, he's 39 years old? did you guys know that?

Cjeremy635
10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
As far as this thread goes......meh. I'm rewatching the game now and I'm not really noticing anything totally blatant. The Steelers have a history of winning & we have a history of blowing games. I don't expect everyone to be drinking the koolaid. I think he praised our team at times when it was warranted. Maybe not overly praising us, but he pointed out areas where we did something really well.

Now if you want to ***** about the officiating, I'll agree 100% with you there.

Cjeremy635
10-02-2011, 05:11 PM
tran hunting in thailand.

Lol! :cool:

BlueSteel
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM

I think I would go with Mmm-Are-Eee-Oh. I am also sick of hearing Mary-O.

BlueSteel
10-02-2011, 05:37 PM
As far as this thread goes......meh. I'm rewatching the game now and I'm not really noticing anything totally blatant. The Steelers have a history of winning & we have a history of blowing games.

When the steelers tied the game at 10 CBS was nice enough to run a stat that we are tied for the league worst for 4th quarter blown leads since last season at 5. Talk about a pointless stat!

Cjeremy635
10-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I think I would go with Mmm-Are-Eee-Oh. I am also sick of hearing Mary-O.

You guys are just looking at it all wrong.

Maybe Mario makes him get his "O" face going. How's that for some team love?

Maybe he's a huge Andrew Dice Clay fan and says "OH!" at the end of everything?

Who knows.....

Cjeremy635
10-02-2011, 05:42 PM
When the steelers tied the game at 10 CBS was nice enough to run a stat that we are tied for the league worst for 4th quarter blown leads since last season at 5. Talk about a pointless stat!

It's not pointless. That "little" issue has been the reason why we have consistently had losing seasons and never made the playoffs.

False Start
10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I mentioned it in the officiating thread, lol.

The refs were crap. The Watt call especilly.

I know that Dierdorf loves him some big Ben too, he was all up on his sack. After the incomplete pass on third down, he called him marvelous or some ****. :butterfly: :lol:

MEGA SWATT
10-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Yea, Gus would get into to the game sometimes. Here is an update on him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/30/gus-johnson-makes-his-nfl-return/

hey, thx!

chicagotexan2
10-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Dear Dan Dierdorf,

Why do you hate Texans?

Dear Dan dierdorf,

what word rhymes with dierdorf?

Ah he praised our team enough. It didn't irk me at all.

hradhak
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Fortunately I didn't have to hear Dierdorf's man love for Roethlisblunder. Last week was enough for me. Hopefully he's not on the team for the Texans the rest of the way

GP
10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I have no problem with Dierdorf.

To be honest, if you would lay down his admiration (which I think he is within his rights to express) for Big Ben...he calls a better game than 99% of the other clowns out there.

I will take him over Tasker and many others 100%.

He rarely screws up, and he's quick to recover and re-state it on his own if he does make a slip-up. I actually enjoy listening to the guy.

Dierdorf-Michaels on Sunday Night football would be better than Collinsworth who is a self-absorbed, condescending snot, IMO.

TheMatrix31
10-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Good Lord, people. It's not "unbias", it's "unbiased". Someone isn't "bias", they're "biased". Unless they're Len Bias or something. In which case they're a dumbass.

unclejamima
10-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Had Pitt. come back to tie at the end, DD would have peddled his mobile gloryhole stand straight to Big Bens private huddle.

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Had Pitt. come back to tie at the end, DD would have peddled his mobile gloryhole stand straight to Big Bens private huddle.

:splits: haha pricless

Trail.Blazr
10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
For the love of God, he's the worst. I had to mute that slobbering SOB to keep my sanity. Deirdork will NEVER utter another word on my TV again.

sandmanx
10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I always listen to the radio call while watching the game. It's slightly annoying that it never syncs up right, but I find it a lot better than listening to tv announcers point out obvious things.

GuerillaBlack
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
he's baaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkk. did the kc game today. hope hes around for rest of season now

He's been on Fox all season actually.

hradhak
10-02-2011, 09:04 PM
I have no problem with Dierdorf.

To be honest, if you would lay down his admiration (which I think he is within his rights to express) for Big Ben...he calls a better game than 99% of the other clowns out there.

I will take him over Tasker and many others 100%.

He rarely screws up, and he's quick to recover and re-state it on his own if he does make a slip-up. I actually enjoy listening to the guy.

Dierdorf-Michaels on Sunday Night football would be better than Collinsworth who is a self-absorbed, condescending snot, IMO.

I'd forgotten how bad Collinsworth is until I saw the Ravens and jets game tonight. Collinsworth never says anything that you can't see on the screen. He essentially just describes what is happening on the field as you are watching it.

Dierdorf would be much better if he didn't slobber over certain players every week.

I miss Madden though. He could talk about bunting for an entire quarter and would even circle the bunting around his own booth on the on-screen chalkboard. Now there was an NFL commentator.

rush2112mn
10-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Never had a problem with the way he does televised games.......

Maddict5
10-03-2011, 02:43 AM
He's been on Fox all season actually.

doing nfl? i dont think so

SuperSerial
10-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Dierdorf is a nut sucker. He's always been spineless and on his knees.

He has the highest sperm count of any commentator in the NFL. He has to because he shoots his load about a hundred times a game.

GuerillaBlack
10-03-2011, 06:56 AM
doing nfl? i dont think so

Yep. Look at the coverage maps that show which announcer is doing which games. He's on there for a couple.

El Tejano
10-03-2011, 07:31 AM
you need a vowel or did I miss the joke?

Trying to emphasize the R sound in Mario's name.

TimeKiller
10-03-2011, 07:32 AM
It's been my sig since last week when he molested Drew Brees. I noticed that the entire time the Saints were down he was just telling how wonderful Sean Payton. When they finally came back it was just over, I think the color guy drowned in Dingledorf's drool pool.

I hereby annoint you "Dirty" Dan Dingledorfen!!

El Tejano
10-03-2011, 08:11 AM
As far as this thread goes......meh. I'm rewatching the game now and I'm not really noticing anything totally blatant. The Steelers have a history of winning & we have a history of blowing games. I don't expect everyone to be drinking the koolaid. I think he praised our team at times when it was warranted. Maybe not overly praising us, but he pointed out areas where we did something really well.

Now if you want to ***** about the officiating, I'll agree 100% with you there.

I agree with you about not drinking our kool-aid but when we force Pittsburgh to punt on a crucial 3rd down by knocking the snot out of Hines Ward to force an incompletion, as a commentator you need to bring up the play that was made, not the play that wasn't made. Instead this dude starts talking about how well of a throw that was for Ben and not how great of a hit that was for Allen. Especially in this era of football when players are getting fined for making illegal hits. That hit was hard and made correctly with his shoulder and not with his helmet. What a wonderful opportunity to point out that hard hits can be made without the helmet and support the NFL's idea behind this. No, instead we here how the throw was wonderfully made and a very brief talk about what a great hit that was.

I do agree that he talked about our offensive line but that was very short lived after the first drive.

Double Barrel
10-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Which one is Diedorf again? :um:

http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/c/c8/Statlerandwaldorf.JPG

I kept waiting for Kermit the Frog to give a report from the sideline.

steelbtexan
10-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Pittsburgh deserves a bit of praise. They've got the rings. The Texans will start to get respect when they A. Start winning big games (Pittburgh was the first one.) B. Make the playoffs and make some noise when they get there.

Until these things happen, then rightfully so the Texans aren't going to get much respect around the NFL or the broadcast teams.

texas838
10-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Dear Dan Dierdorf,

Why do you hate Texans?

that's what I was thinking lol

thunderkyss
10-03-2011, 02:39 PM

Looked like there should have been a serious hold call that should have offset the pushed into their QB penalty.

ziggy29
10-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I kept waiting for Dierdorf to say "Great camerawork, guys!" like he did about ten times a game when he was doing MNF.