PDA

View Full Version : Excellent TEAM win!

dream_team
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
First time in a while I can say... this was a Team win! All aspects of this team won the game (as well as tried to lose this game).

On offense, Arian Foster and Owen Daniels really showed up! Foster gashed a defense you're not supposed to be able to run on (a lot of props have to go to Casey & OL too). And OD stepped up when AJ went down.

Special teams played well, especially Hartmann! Good to see a punter making a difference (positively) in the game. A blocked punt and no missed FGs were huge!

In the end, it was the defense that closed this game out! Just when you thought they were going to let this game slip away, they stepped up and shut down the Pitt offense. Props goes to JoJo for shutting down Mike Wallace... also to Barwin, Smith, and Mario for applying the pressure late in the game. The guy that stepped up the most, though, was Jason Allen. He was picked on... but lets be real, he's simply not that good. But he played better than he actually is today and made some big plays.

This game shouldn't have been close... but the refs, Texans stupidity, and the AJ injury kept the Steelers in it.

TexCanada
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I agree, this was a great team win. It seemed like a perfect situation for us to fail once again, but we pulled it out. When AJ went down, our team (and the entire crowd) was completely deflated. The Steelers took advantage and outplayed us and took the momentum back. We have folded many a time in that situation. I was very pleased to see us bounce back and get the job done.

As usual, there were many reasons to be angry at Kubiak (particularly on a few play calls in the 4th). However, he ripped into the offense at the right time and got them going again. He deserves some credit for that.

76Texan
10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
First time in a while I can say... this was a Team win! All aspects of this team won the game (as well as tried to lose this game).

On offense, Arian Foster and Owen Daniels really showed up! Foster gashed a defense you're not supposed to be able to run on (a lot of props have to go to Casey & OL too). And OD stepped up when AJ went down.

Special teams played well, especially Hartmann! Good to see a punter making a difference (positively) in the game. A blocked punt and no missed FGs were huge!

In the end, it was the defense that closed this game out! Just when you thought they were going to let this game slip away, they stepped up and shut down the Pitt offense. Props goes to JoJo for shutting down Mike Wallace... also to Barwin, Smith, and Mario for applying the pressure late in the game. The guy that stepped up the most, though, was Jason Allen. He was picked on... but lets be real, he's simply not that good. But he played better than he actually is today and made some big plays.

This game shouldn't have been close... but the refs, Texans stupidity, and the AJ injury kept the Steelers in it.

A complete reversal from the Saint game, don't you think!?!

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 05:06 PM
A complete reversal from the Saint game, don't you think!?!

In each of us, two natures are at war the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer. But in our own hands lies the power to choose what we want most to be we are.

Signed,
Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde

Thorn
10-02-2011, 05:18 PM
The Texans are beginning to get their shit togeather. We are now at a point where we can compete.

It's a good thing. We are no longer bullshit, we are now a bad spot on others schedule.

Showtime100
10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Maybe after a few weeks of the same we get a little respect. This I saw before the game......

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/rspct.jpg

"Huston"...lol. Yeah, and "Pittsburgh" they get right.