PDA

View Full Version : AJ's Injury- MRI later today

BlueSteel
10-02-2011, 01:03 PM
I am watching the game without sound. Has anything been said about AJ's status???

:(

kiwitexansfan
10-02-2011, 01:07 PM
No, he is up the tunnel with the medical staff.

Pantherstang84
10-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Nothing yet.

macho grande
10-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I wanna cry

TEXANS84
10-02-2011, 01:15 PM
We became one dimentional with Andre off the field

Pantherstang84
10-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Of course there is a flag!!!!

Pantherstang84
10-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Kubes is giving the refs the damn business.

OOPS! Wrong thread.

Carr Bombed
10-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Let's pray for the best here...he did walk off under his own power. However if he's done for the year....we're SCREWED. In this division we can survive without him if he misses a significant amount of time. However Houston will be walking with a mortal injury if he's done for the year.

JamesBill
10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
what knee was injured on wednesday?

gtexan02
10-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Looks like Andre Johnson has a strained hamstring and not a knee injury. Hamstrings have hamstrung Texans since start of preseason.

McClain's twitter

JDizzle
10-02-2011, 01:35 PM
McClain's twitter

Sweet, I can take the bullet out of my gun now

BlueSteel
10-02-2011, 01:36 PM
McClain's twitter

I never thought I would be this happy to hear McClain say something!

I have been sweating bullets waiting to hear something.

:breakdance:

sometexansfan
10-02-2011, 01:36 PM
I hope it's just a tweaked hamstring, we can survive without him for a few weeks, but we need him for the long haul.

Texn4life
10-02-2011, 01:40 PM
And Texans fans can collectively breathe again!

Mr. Texan
10-02-2011, 01:47 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/001/253/everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg?125751095 9

DexmanC
10-02-2011, 01:55 PM
AJ pulled a hammy.

It's official.

TexansBull
10-02-2011, 02:03 PM
McClain's twitter

McClain is so clever! Do you see what he did there? Hamstring-Hamstrung! He is brilliant!

-sarcasm

Nawzer
10-02-2011, 03:03 PM
That looked like initially it was an ACL or something and my heart sank like the Titanic. It was good to see him on the sideline celebrating and in good spirits. Hopefully it's not something that will keep him out for too long.

Trap_Star
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
goes to show how we need a legit #2 at WR.

justin blackmon please.

TexansForTheW
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I love AJ more than the next guy, and by all means he is a god on the football field, but that guy is injury prone. He plays through them, but I feel bad for the guy. The NFL secondaries are at his mercy when he is fully healthy.

fiasco west
10-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Titan fans...

Andre Johnson hurt?
Can somebody with NFL sunday ticket or who lives in an are where the Texans/Steelers game tell me what happened. I'm sure they're talking about it and replaying it a million times. I just turned on NFL network to check the score of the Titans game, because my freaking slow connection on my computer is lagging and the game shut off, and I heard them talking about how devistating Kenny Britt's injury to the Titans is and how Andre Johnson's injury to the Texans would be even worse. Is it really a similar injury? Did it look like an ACL?

If so.. That is HUGE. Way more than evens the playing field with Kenny Britt out. Andre Johnson is their whole offense. That running game is a product of the entire defense keyed in on Andre Johnson. Any pass any other reciever on the Texans makes is because Andre Johnson was tripple covered. Matt Schaub is considered one of the better NFL QBs because Andre Johnson is on his team.

If he's out the Texans offense collapses, and the Texans don't have a great defenses. They're done.

Really hope this is true. Keep in mind it just happened, and I didn't even see it. I just heard about it for two seconds on NFL network. But as much as it sucks to hope for a guy to be hurt, if he's out for the seasons that puts us in the playoffs.

And hey we look against the Browns. CJs finally doing something, and man Cook stepped up.
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=75312

Hoping Andre's hurt....maybe it is Innegan posting.

TexanSam
10-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Titan fans...

I can't wait until week 7 against the Titans.

TexCanada
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I can't wait until week 7 against the Titans.

Seconded. We gon' be pissed.

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 04:56 PM
My heart stopped when he went down, saw it, called it and stopped breathing.

BUT

He has not been targeted that much so far, we CAN survive without him.

All that being typed, I want him back :)

HTown2ATX
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I love AJ more than the next guy, and by all means he is a god on the football field, but that guy is injury prone. He plays through them, but I feel bad for the guy. The NFL secondaries are at his mercy when he is fully healthy.

I don't know that I would go as far as injury prone but he has missed time here and there to be sure. When I think injury prone I think of like Yao or early Matt Stafford.

Glad he should be ok....was starting to think of bridges... :(

Crushing56
10-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Injured hamstrings seem to be contagious on houston.

BlueSteel
10-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Other than last year's high ankle sprain and his knee issue in 2007... What injuries make him "prone" in your opinion?

McGrady and Yao... That is the definition of injury probe. :)

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Amazing how tastless Titans fans are. When we meet them i hope Mario Snaps CJs knee in half and A. Smith rips M. Hasslebacks head off.

Trap_Star
10-02-2011, 05:15 PM
i hope bud soils himself with explosive diarrhea during the game.

TexansForTheW
10-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Other than last year's high ankle sprain and his knee issue in 2007... What injuries make him "prone" in your opinion?

McGrady and Yao... That is the definition of injury probe. :)

Those two werent injury prone. Just injured at all times. Andre is a beast, let's hope he is not out for the season.

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Those two werent injury prone. Just injured at all times. Andre is a beast, let's hope he is not out for the season.

seeing him on the sidelines has me thinking he will be ok. He was standing the whole time, and cheering on his team mates. He'll be fine

gwallaia
10-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Titan fans...

The trailer park inbreeding is strong with this titan fan.

BlueSteel
10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
seeing him on the sidelines has me thinking he will be ok. He was standing the whole time, and cheering on his team mates. He'll be fine

I think it depends on if it is a strain or a tear. His reaction seemed much worse than a simple hamstring. However, it was not even close to Duntas blown up leg. That was gut wrenching prior to his Diva stage.

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/28887/if-johnsons-out-texans-must-forge-ahead

HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson will have an MRI tonight, but the tone of the Houston Texans after their win over the Steelers seemed to be one of relief.

“All I can tell you right now is we think it’s hamstring-related,” coach Gary Kubiak said of the non-contact injury suffered in the second quarter. “It’s I the lower leg. We will go and get an MRI and stuff this evening… Obviously we have to find out what’s going on with Andre.”

Kubiak said the way Johnson went down scared him.

If the Texans are without Johnson for a time, the guy in the locker room echoed the message of their coach: Everyone else will have to do a bit more.

“We lost the big guy right now, hopefully he’ll be back soon,” right tackle Eric Winston said. “But things don’t change. We run the ball, we play-action pass, we go put up points and that’s all that matters.”

The Texans have Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walter as their top wide receiver options after Johnson, and veteran Bryant Johnson is likely to become involved in the rotation.

“Bryant Johnson, there is a reason we brought him in here,” Winston said. “He looks the part, he’s played the part a little bit when he’s gotten in and now’s the time for him to step up…

"Obviously we’re going to see some bigger fronts, more eight-man fronts [to stop Arian Foster]. But that’s all right. That’s going to give Jacoby Jones some more chances to make big plays down the field. Everyone’s got to do a little bit more now.”

The Texans have played 13 games since Johnson was their first-round draft pick in 2003. They are 5-8 without him.

All i can say is i hope they are right about "thinking" its a hamstring.

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 05:28 PM
damn he's having an MRI tonight, hmmm i thought it said monday, my bad.

MEGA SWATT
10-02-2011, 05:33 PM
13 games withOUT AJ. It said 13 games played since drafting him...lol. 5-8 comment clarifies though, but still!

I hope everyone else stays healthy and steps it UP!

TexanSam
10-02-2011, 05:35 PM
If the injury is serious, I wonder if we'd consider signing Randy Moss?

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 05:36 PM

if we want any kind of chance at going any where i would hope so.

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Everybody say a little prayer for AJ before you go to bed tonight.

Pantherstang84
10-02-2011, 05:39 PM

They were speculating on this on 610 a few minutes ago. Lopez was saying they should at least kick the tires. Barry "Private Parts" Warner was like no way do you even talk to Moss.

TexanSam
10-02-2011, 05:43 PM
if we want any kind of chance at going any where i would hope so.

That's my thought as well. If this is a playoffs or bust season then we should consider Moss.

Ryan
10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I started saying my prayers as soon as he went down...fortunately it wasn't an ACL or something that i had originally thought.

hradhak
10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
They were speculating on this on 610 a few minutes ago. Lopez was saying they should at least kick the tires. Barry "Private Parts" Warner was like no way do you even talk to Moss.

You at least try Moss out. I doubt he's in shape to even play. I assume we promote someone from the PS and Anderson comes in to the active roster.

JJ and K Dub need to step up. Other than AJ, I don't think any of our WRs had a catch, only Arian and the TEs

ThaShark316
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
I think it depends on if it is a strain or a tear. His reaction seemed much worse than a simple hamstring. However, it was not even close to Duntas blown up leg. That was gut wrenching prior to his Diva stage.

That injury hurt my feelings because before his ********* antics, D-Rob was my favorite Texan.

chicagotexan2
10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Damn I hope Andre is ok. I dint think I want either moss of Owens here but we may not have a beter option. Walter is a solid second but my faith in Jacoby is not as strong. If I had to have one I'd rather have Owens assuming he's healthy enough to go. Both Are aholes but owens has never quit like has.

Nawzer
10-02-2011, 06:23 PM
This could be the most important MRI in the history of Houston sports. Lol. Come on MRI machine!!! Show us no ligament tear or damage or anything like that!

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 06:26 PM
This could be the most important MRI in the history of Houston sports. Lol. Come on MRI machine!!! Show us no ligament tear or damage or anything like that!

agree if there is some damage look for our FO to trade for someone, our bring someone out of retirement.

TexansForTheW
10-02-2011, 06:35 PM
I think we should take a look at Terrell Owens. Even off his acl injury. Last year he was arguably a top 10 wideout in the league.

False Start
10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
I started saying my prayers as soon as he went down...fortunately it wasn't an ACL or something that i had originally thought.

When it happened, it literally killed my buzz...:pissed: :(

I couldn't say much, just the thought of him being out all year made me queasy, lol.

badboy
10-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I thought AJ rolled his ankle which could have been a bad sprain, hamstring or ligaments. When he grabbed his knee I thought ligaments as I had same injury in 1972. In a cast for 10 weeks.

conundrum
10-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Bring in Owens, he doesn't seem to be a quitter like moss. In the red zone it would make us unstoppable. Moss just stretches the field really, at this point I'd take either though.

GP
10-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I guarantee you every person, whether they were a Steeler fan or player, or whatever, was seriously hoping AJ was not done for the year.

You could see Steelers players who were, IMO, sincerely wanting to see him get up off the turf and walk.

He is CLASS ACT 100% and I think 99% of the NFL world was rooting for him to get up off the turf. The 1% are those Titans asshole fans that you just know were hoping he was done for the year.

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 06:50 PM
I guarantee you every person, whether they were a Steeler fan or player, or whatever, was seriously hoping AJ was not done for the year.

You could see Steelers players who were, IMO, sincerely wanting to see him get up off the turf and walk.

He is CLASS ACT 100% and I think 99% of the NFL world was rooting for him to get up off the turf. The 1% are those Titans asshole fans that you just know were hoping he was done for the year.

:clap:

toronto
10-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Not this one. I love watching the best play and he is a joy to watch. No worries, resume your Titans hatred in 3...2...1

Hervoyel
10-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Not this one. I love watching the best play and he is a joy to watch. No worries, resume your Titans hatred in 3...2...1

Um, he specifically said "Titan asshole fans" which I'm pretty sure comes with a "Does not include toronto, he's alright for a Titans fan" exemption somewhere in the fine print.

Lucky
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
That's my thought as well. If this is a playoffs or bust season then we should consider Moss.

I think we should take a look at Terrell Owens. Even off his acl injury. Last year he was arguably a top 10 wideout in the league.
It's the Texans. You guys should know there's zero chance of signing either Moss or TO.

GP
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Um, he specifically said "Titan asshole fans" which I'm pretty sure comes with a "Does not include toronto, he's alright for a Titans fan" exemption somewhere in the fine print.

Of course it's obvious I exclude you guys who post here and are solid citizens. Herv was gracious enough to speak for me, but I will echo and confirm his words.

I'm talking about that one guy that somebody else posted earlier who was EXCITED and was begging for people to update him because he said it would mean great things for his team. And I'm sure there are many others just like him, the sort of fan who was never an NFL fan before Bud Adams rolled into Tennessee with the Oilers-turned-Titans team.

Toronto, I can count on one hand how many Titans fans come here and conduct themselves properly. I need an abacus to display how many come here and try to trash us out and talk down to us just because they made it to a Super Bowl and we haven't. I'm talking about THOSE fans.

PHAROAH
10-02-2011, 08:07 PM
This why the texans must address the WR position in the 1st round in next years draft.

Surreal McCoy
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM
You guys should know there's zero chance of signing either Moss or TO.

Thank ****, too.

GuerillaBlack
10-02-2011, 08:29 PM
You at least try Moss out. I doubt he's in shape to even play. I assume we promote someone from the PS and Anderson comes in to the active roster.

JJ and K Dub need to step up. Other than AJ, I don't think any of our WRs had a catch, only Arian and the TEs

Moss is said to be in the best shape of his life right now. Just doesn't have a team that has interested him yet. Maybe the Texans will.

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Moss is said to be in the best shape of his life right now. Just doesn't have a team that has interested him yet. Maybe the Texans will.

I heard he doesn't like barbeque, he may not want to come here

Grforces
10-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Im not a moss fan. You simply cannot replace dre with a guy that is not even the least bit physical. Im not a T.O. fan either, but would rather try him out. Physical, and can block. We ask alot of our recievers. Do we still have jean on the depth chart?

Kimmy
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Im not a moss fan. You simply cannot replace dre with a guy that is not even the least bit physical. Im not a T.O. fan either, but would rather try him out. Physical, and can block. We ask alot of our recievers. Do we still have jean on the depth chart?

Didn't TO resort to a you tube video to show he wasn't injured?

texasguy346
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM

I believe Jean is on IR.

noxiousdog
10-02-2011, 08:38 PM

I'd much rather work out TO than Moss.

hradhak
10-02-2011, 08:42 PM
The problem with Moss is that he doesn't run block. If you only throw him in there on passing downs, it pretty much tips off the d as to what you're doing

steelbtexan
10-02-2011, 09:50 PM
I dont want to hear about if AJ had been healthy the Texans would've made the playoffs.

Gary either make the playoffs or dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

badboy
10-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Seems like the results of MRI would be known by now?

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Seems like the results of MRI would be known by now?

yeah i know its killing me to find out. I have been waiting for a tweet/ something. Please be nothing.

CloakNNNdagger
10-02-2011, 10:00 PM

A strain is the same as a tear.

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 10:02 PM
A strain is the same as a tear.

so with him walking around on the sideline the whole second half what do you think ?

CloakNNNdagger
10-02-2011, 10:06 PM
so with him walking around on the sideline the whole second half what do you think ?

GP has the statement I made during the game at the bottom of all of his posts

"Could be a posterior collateral ligament sprain or hamstring tendon strain." - CND

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 10:07 PM

haha so which should we hope for ?

Nawzer
10-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I dont want to hear about if AJ had been healthy the Texans would've made the playoffs.

Gary either make the playoffs or dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

My sentiments exactly. AJ is one of the greats and if he were to miss any extended amount of time it will definitely hurt us, but this is the NFL and the coaches and player have to be ready. This offense has a lot of other weapons that needs to be better utilized imo. I think KW, Jacoby Jones, and even Bryant Johnson are capable of making plays. Kubiak has to do a better job of getting the balls to those guys. Today we had a great running game thanks to the o-line and Arian, but we need to balance things out. This is not the first time AJ has been injured so Kubiak and crew should be better prepared. The time for excuses for this regime is gone. It's put or shut up time regardless of who's playing.

Ryan
10-02-2011, 10:21 PM

Is that similar to Foster's injury or is it worse?

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 10:23 PM
this is killing me, AJ is the face of this franchise, with such a promising season it would be terrible if he went out for the rest of the year.

Norg
10-02-2011, 10:24 PM
TJ Houshmandzadeh anyone : P

But anyways i think we can survive in house for a while but TJ might play with effort if he plays aganist his former team in the Ravens in 2 weeks

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 10:25 PM
TJ Houshmandzadeh anyone : P

he would be a nice pick up for sure.

TheRealJoker
10-02-2011, 10:32 PM
If AJ misses significant time there is only one person who can adequately fill his shoes... David Anderson!!!

Ryan
10-02-2011, 10:33 PM
If AJ misses significant time there is only one person who can adequately fill his shoes... David Anderson!!!

:vincepalm: why i oughta :mad:

EllisUnit
10-02-2011, 10:33 PM

:splits: hell yeeeaaahhh no prob

gary
10-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I think Andre will be fine but I would bring in someone anyway.

TexCanada
10-02-2011, 11:11 PM
So did this MRI not end up happening today? I imagine there would be some news if it had.

GP
10-02-2011, 11:27 PM

The important thing, I think, that I have been learning from CND's hamstring analysis posts he's made this year is this:

The body is not made up of independent parts that work alone. Pull something over here, and it will affect something over there. If you have a length of chain that is three links...and the link in the middle is weakened, then each link on either side of the weakened link is no longer as strong as before.

As he stated with the issue of Kenny Britt (Titans WR) who blew his ACL and MCL...the injury problem prior to the blown knee was Britt's HAMSTRING. It had been bothering him off and on again, a lot.

So when your hamstring is not fully healthy, it puts a larger workload upon other nearby, connected "body parts" such as the ligaments in the knee. When you don't rest a hamstring, and get it healed up properly, you endanger the other parts around it.

IMO, and maybe I am all wrong here, Andre Johnson (if it is "just a strained hamstring") should be deactivated for the Raiders game and allowed to have time to rest the hamstring. The last thing we need is for Andre Johnson to end up succumbing to the same blown knee that hit Kenny Britt.

Time to run multiple TE sets vs. Raiders--OD, Casey, Dreesen, Graham, get 'em out there in 2's and 3's and run the ball with Foster, too. We can employ the same gameplan we used vs. Dolphins.

VTexan
10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/terrell-owens-glasses-hat.jpg

hey guiz wuts up??

GP
10-02-2011, 11:48 PM
I was under the impression that Terrell Owens had a recent injury.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "No." Heck, he has more try in him than Randy Moss does. More physicality.

I just think Kubiak will rest AJ and use JJ, Walter and Bryant Johnson until we get AJ back.

Toying with the idea of maybe unearthing the previous star quality of T.O. is a bit intriguing, but I wonder if Kubiak thinks he needs as much normalcy on his team as he can get this year. No tinkering, no "project players." Know what I mean?

otisbean
10-03-2011, 05:03 AM
The important thing, I think, that I have been learning from CND's hamstring analysis posts he's made this year is this:

The body is not made up of independent parts that work alone. Pull something over here, and it will affect something over there. If you have a length of chain that is three links...and the link in the middle is weakened, then each link on either side of the weakened link is no longer as strong as before.

As he stated with the issue of Kenny Britt (Titans WR) who blew his ACL and MCL...the injury problem prior to the blown knee was Britt's HAMSTRING. It had been bothering him off and on again, a lot.

So when your hamstring is not fully healthy, it puts a larger workload upon other nearby, connected "body parts" such as the ligaments in the knee. When you don't rest a hamstring, and get it healed up properly, you endanger the other parts around it.

IMO, and maybe I am all wrong here, Andre Johnson (if it is "just a strained hamstring") should be deactivated for the Raiders game and allowed to have time to rest the hamstring. The last thing we need is for Andre Johnson to end up succumbing to the same blown knee that hit Kenny Britt.

Time to run multiple TE sets vs. Raiders--OD, Casey, Dreesen, Graham, get 'em out there in 2's and 3's and run the ball with Foster, too. We can employ the same gameplan we used vs. Dolphins.

You're right my friend, the hamstrings help stabilize the knee, as well as aid the glutes in hip extension (think sprinting). They need to be healthy to achieve peak performance. Whenever any muscle is injured it stresses the surrounding muscles as they are asked to do more than their normal job. If you keep pushing something else will get injured, it's inevitable.

I also think you're right about the multiple TE sets. NE was killing it with Gronkowski and Hernandez. I'd like to see us do the same thing with our stable of really good TEs. Im also anxious to see what the other Johnson can do.

More than anything, I hope AJs injury isn't serious and I wish him a speedy recovery.

CloakNNNdagger
10-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Is that similar to Foster's injury or is it worse?

It can be something really minor, just a slight tear of the hamstring tendon, those could heal up within 4 weeks. If its a total rupture (not as likely in this case, but still possible) meaning it is not connected to the bone anymore, it would require surgery and about 6-12 weeks of rehab and recovery.

If it's a PCL tear that can be treated non-surgically (grade I-II), rehab could be anywhere from 2-3 weeks for more minor (grade I), to 6-8 weeks if more serious (grade II). If it is totally torn (grade III) and requires surgery, he would definitely be out for the season.

CloakNNNdagger
10-03-2011, 08:18 AM
You might remember when AJ was out 7 weeks for a PCL/MCL injury in 2007. It occurred when he was tackled around the waist (not the legs or feet being twisted) and slid down with his left leg extended/hyperextended. (This was the LEFT, not RIGHT leg.)

Begin at 40 seconds. 2007 VIDEO (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8027b081)

Texans34Life
10-03-2011, 11:54 AM
http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/32471588

OPENING HIT: In Houston, there is both excitement and dread. Excitement because the Texans are 3-1 and finally showing some toughness. Dread, because Andre Johnson injured his hamstring. The fear is that Johnson may miss a few weeks, at least. "If we have to go without him for a period, we're going to have to ask some guys to really step up to the plate," coach Gary Kubiak said.

Some in the organization were privately saying they felt Johnson's chances of playing this week were extremely slim. The interesting thing about the Texans is that after Johnson went out the team did exactly what Kubiak wanted. Everyone played better particularly the defense. If that Texans defense continues to play the way it did against Pittsburgh the Johnson injury won't be as crushing.

Norg
10-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Knuclehead J Jones is just going to have to step up big

and we will have to activate our fav WR David anderson LOL

ziggy29
10-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, losing AJ is really tough, but having said that, with a healthy Foster doing his thing (and the O-line pushing the pile back a few yards) and the defense playing like it did against the Steelers, it's important not to derail too much or lose focus on beating Oakland without him. The defense *really* stepped it up after AJ went down, and we finally saw the team "finish" against a quality opponent.

When this team had less of a running game and no defense, losing AJ might have felt like a death sentence since your only chance was to win in a shootout with your passing game. But this team is strong enough to win without him now (even though obviously you'd *much* prefer to have him). JJ will need to step in and step up.

Kimmy
10-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Something I just remembered ... didn't AJ sit out of practice last week (Wednesday?) Due to some "tightness"?

Wonder if this injury has anything to do with that ...

Kimmy
10-03-2011, 02:21 PM
@HoustonTexans Knee/Toe issue, but he said he'll be fine. RT @TheGridironTxn whats wrong with Andre? Sept 28th

Kimmy
10-03-2011, 02:24 PM
@Nick Scurfield Andre Johnson missed practice today b/c his knee was "just a little bit sore." He said he's fine & will practice tomorrow; also Sept 28

Mr. Texan
10-03-2011, 02:31 PM
was the injury a result of our turf?

i hear people keep saying our turf is bad. i've been on the field in reliant and never thought it was that bad.

ziggy29
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM

i here people keep saying our turf is bad. i've been on the field in reliant and never thought it was that bad.
I don't know, but about 400 times yesterday they kept saying it was the same turf that took out Wes Welker...

Shaft75
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM

i here people keep saying our turf is bad. i've been on the field in reliant and never thought it was that bad.

I was wondering about that too. I think the origin of all the bad turf comments were from when Welker's knee was blown out by Pollard. I can't think of any other time that's been brought up.

Rep for the sig BTW. Love it!

XI CMURDER IX
10-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't know, but about 400 times yesterday they kept saying it was the same turf that took out Wes Welker...

Except he Andre has played on it countless times, and this is the first time something like that has happened.

ziggy29
10-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Except he Andre has played on it countless times, and this is the first time something like that has happened.

That never stood in between the sports media and a trumped up story in the past...

El Tejano
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Go for Randy Moss. We are having Red Zone issues. Toss it up, TD!