PDA

View Full Version : Player(s) you will focus on Sunday?

badboy
09-30-2011, 03:47 PM
While interested in seeing Schuab more accurate, I'll probably focus on Mario, Reed and KJ. I hope each have an outstanding game to build their confidence and mine.

TimeKiller
09-30-2011, 03:52 PM
While interested in seeing Schuab more accurate, I'll probably focus on Mario, Reed and KJ. I hope each have an outstanding game to build their confidence and mine.

Foster and Mario. Foster having a good day would go a loooong way toward the Texans being victorious. Plus that whole getting over the hamstring thing, Mario will always have something to prove, especially around here, so I think it's safe to say we'd like to see some pressure, some impact against a weak OL in a big game. I don't think he'll have any trouble bringing down "Big Ben". I say it would be nice and it would; I just know that people will forget about it by next Sunday.

Allstar
I'm more inclined to key in on players in the preseason. I enter regular season games with an open mind and try to identify what's working and what isn't.

m5kwatts
Texans OLBs v Steelers OTs - Texans HAVE to win this matchup

James Casey v Troy Polamalu - I have a feeling these two will be seeing a lot of each other Sunday.

thunderkyss
09-30-2011, 03:55 PM
I usually watch the recieviers & the secondary..... the other stuff, the Telecast usually catches pretty well & I'll watch that when I get home. But what's going on between the receivers & DBs, you can't see on TV.

I was watching AJ & innegan from the first punch of the first snap, they were truly going at it from the word go & I was up their in 609 wondering how much Andre was going to take.

Ryan
09-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Our O-Line. I think Duane Brown can handle Harrison but i'm not sure about the other side. Got Winston over there and he struggles with speed guys, plus Polamalu loves to come off the edge from that side.

thunderkyss
09-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Our O-Line. I think Duane Brown can handle Harrison but i'm not sure about the other side. Got Winston over there and he struggles with speed guys, plus Polamalu loves to come off the edge from that side.

I was thinking the same thing..... I'm more worried about Polamalu coming off that right end.

badboy
09-30-2011, 07:51 PM
I was thinking the same thing..... I'm more worried about Polamalu coming off that right end.So will our full back be able to hand Polamalu or will Matt be running for his life?

Texan_Bill
09-30-2011, 07:53 PM
while interested in seeing schuab more accurate, i'll probably focus on mario, reed and kj. I hope each have an outstanding game to build their confidence and mine.

ARIAN "FREAKIN' FOSTER!

me

False Start
09-30-2011, 08:02 PM
As always, AJ. I just like watching the dude play.

To look for improvement: Mario, Reed, Cush, Barwin, Tate, Jason Allen.

Injury wise: Demeco, Jacoby, Arian, Mario.

Scooter
09-30-2011, 08:04 PM
cushing and ryans.

i think the steelers are going to try to get their run game on track against a texans team that's been really poor stopping the run so far. our outside is strong when our OLB's remember to set the edge, but ryans and cushing dont have the sand in their pants to take on centers and guards coming at them so freely. they need to work better at avoiding blocks and getting to the ball carrier quicker.

i'm also watching them against the pass. we have a tendency to overrun mobile quarterbacks with our pass rush, giving them a lane to step up into to pass or run. one or both of our ILB's needs to have one eye in the backfield to keep containment on big ben.

i wouldnt be suprised to see A LOT of cushing interior blitzes to help in both areas.

badboy
09-30-2011, 08:05 PM
ARIAN "FREAKIN' FOSTER!

meTB, I've told you before, I expect a bit more enthusiasm out of you. :tiphat:

devo-x
09-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Brandon Harris & Jonathon Joseph

badboy
09-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Brandon Harris & Jonathon JosephAllen will start if KJ's injury keeps him out. So...you think Brandon will get some reps?

thunderkyss
09-30-2011, 09:26 PM
cushing and ryans.

i think the steelers are going to try to get their run game on track against a texans team that's been really poor stopping the run so far. our outside is strong when our OLB's remember to set the edge, but ryans and cushing dont have the sand in their pants to take on centers and guards coming at them so freely. they need to work better at avoiding blocks and getting to the ball carrier quicker.

I know it seems like forever, but back in 2009 Demeco & Cushing would knife past those centers & guards, & make the tackle in the back field.

They were too quick, too agile, the big guys couldn't get their hands on them.

Scooter
09-30-2011, 09:59 PM
I know it seems like forever, but back in 2009 Demeco & Cushing would knife past those centers & guards, & make the tackle in the back field.

They were too quick, too agile, the big guys couldn't get their hands on them.

different settings, in 2009 they had a pair of DT's in front of them to occupy 2/3's of the interior line. demeco was healthy at the time and cushing was able to play the guard/tackle gap or was on the line in our 43 under package. right now with a 1 gap NT infront of them and not much other support inside, our ILB's are very exposed and have to do a lot more individual work.

badboy
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
While interested in seeing Schuab more accurate, I'll probably focus on Mario, Reed and KJ. I hope each have an outstanding game to build their confidence and mine.KJ did not play & I never caught Reed playing but Mario...finally had the game I wanted to see. He dominated a game.

thunderkyss
10-03-2011, 08:26 AM
I usually watch the recieviers & the secondary..... the other stuff, the Telecast usually catches pretty well & I'll watch that when I get home. But what's going on between the receivers & DBs, you can't see on TV.

I was watching the WR/DBs as usual. That one play to OD for the big 1st down, just before Arians 42 yard TD scamper...

OD was wide open, because everyone of the DBs followed JJ on a post route from the left side. Surely it was a bad communication thing with the Steelers, but that one play showed me the possibilities with JJ.

Of course he's got to catch more of those deep balls than not, in order to keep the defense thinking about him, but that play, they all followed JJ which opened that throw up to OD.