PDA

View Full Version : At what point do you start rooting for the Colts?

Hookem Horns
09-29-2011, 07:26 PM
After watching this clip http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread-AndrewLuck/andrew-luck-slam-dunk-top-pick-nfl-draft I think after the Colts go 0-8 it's time to start rooting for them. After being spolied with the son of Archie all of these years there is no way I want them to get their hands on son of Oliver.

They need to go back to being the pre Manning Colts for at least a decade or two.

brakos82
09-29-2011, 07:57 PM
After watching this clip http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread-AndrewLuck/andrew-luck-slam-dunk-top-pick-nfl-draft I think after the Colts go 0-8 it's time to start rooting for them. After being spolied with the son of Archie all of these years there is no way I want them to get their hands on son of Oliver.

They need to go back to being the pre Manning Colts for at least a decade or two.

I already started :heh:. I'm hoping Seattle or KC gets him. (I would say STL, but they have Bradford already... and is Bulger still dead cap space? :thinking: )

fiasco west
09-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Never.

The draft is such a crapshoot, Luck could suck. In fact there could be some no name QB in the 6th round of the 2012 draft that becomes the next great thing. There may be sure things at other positions...like everyone knew Suh was going to be a beast or Andre etc etc...but there is no such thing as a sure thing at QB since the position is so mental.

Carr Bombed
09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Never.

The draft is such a crap shoot, Luck could suck. In fact there could be some no name QB in the 6th round of the 2012 draft that becomes the next great thing. There may be sure things at other positions...like everyone knew Suh was going to be a beast or Andre etc etc...but there is no such thing as a sure thing at QB since the position is so mental.

Rooting for the Colts IS rooting against them. Why do you think Colts fans already want the #1 pick and a lot of them are rooting for their team to lose?

I started rooting for them week 2, because I knew how putrid they were going to be without Manning. It's hard to say you don't care if the Colts get the #1 pick with a QB of Luck's caliber at the top of the board. Yeah the draft is a crap shoot, but guess what? I'd rather they didn't get a opportunity to throw the dice, because they could roll 7's and then it'll be us who craps out.

fiasco west
09-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Rooting for the Colts IS rooting against them. Why do you think Colts fans already want the #1 pick and a lot of them are rooting for their team to lose?

I started rooting for them week 2, because I knew how putrid they were going to be without Manning. It's hard to say you don't care if the Colts get the #1 pick with a QB of Luck's caliber at the top of the board. Yeah the draft is a crap shoot, but guess what? I'd rather they didn't get a opportunity to throw the dice, because they could roll 7's and then it'll be us who craps out.

It really doesn't matter though. Not getting the #1 pick could work out better for them if they were smart. They could get another stud at another position at the rate they are going they are going to get a #1 player at his position. They may not get Luck they could get Berkley or Landry to succeed Manning. Whose to really say who will be better out of those three? Drafting in the top 5 they are going to get a top QB prospect if they want it.

If they suck, they suck and they will get a great prospect either way drafting in the top 5. That's kinda the point i'm Making, and there is no guarantee on Luck. Berkley could be better, or so could Landry Jones.

As for it being us the one that craps out...well if they DO get Luck he's going to take 1-3 years of learning and adjusting. By that time with Wade Phillips the Texans SHOULD have a elite defense to deal with that(unless Kubiak fails and the whole thing blows up which could happen...). If not it will be our own fault for sucking.

Corrosion
09-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Never.

The draft is such a crapshoot, Luck could suck. In fact there could be some no name QB in the 6th round of the 2012 draft that becomes the next great thing. There may be sure things at other positions...like everyone knew Suh was going to be a beast or Andre etc etc...but there is no such thing as a sure thing at QB since the position is so mental.

For every Suh and Johnson .... there are a dozen Charles Rogers' or Dewayne Robertson .... Just two examples of top ten busts - those two were taken at #'s 2 and 4 of the 2003 draft , before and after AJ. Both are out of the league.

SuperSerial
09-30-2011, 03:21 AM
I'm pretty much at peace with the Colts' sucking.

Giant Tiger
09-30-2011, 08:28 AM
When they play Tennessee & Jacksonville this year... and Kansas City, too.

GP
09-30-2011, 10:34 AM
This is where I think the NFL should have a lottery of the Top 5 "worst" teams.

It could stop teams from intentional tanking (trying to get the #1 pick) because they know there are four other teams who will have a 1-in-5 chance to get the #1 pick.

Picks 1-through-5 would be decided by holding a lottery. As each ball pops up, that team takes the slot.

Call it "The Manning Rule."

HJam72
09-30-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm pretty much at peace with the Colts' sucking.

I agree with you and your avatar. :tiphat:

Double Barrel
09-30-2011, 10:47 AM
At what point do you start rooting for the Colts?

When they play the Titans or Cowboys. Otherwise, screw 'em.

Besides, Manning is so arrogant and the Colts organization so wrapped around his finger that I'm not so sure that they will be convinced he won't play next season and beyond. They've already displayed this tendency in the past pre-season, so no reason not to see the trend continuing through next off-season.

HJam72
09-30-2011, 10:48 AM
What? Peyton's not gonna play forever?!?!? :mcnugget:

Mr teX
09-30-2011, 10:51 AM
what's 10 years from now?

Blake
09-30-2011, 11:05 AM
The Colts will have plenty of company in the 1-4 wins group. KC, Minn, Seattle, Denver, could all have very bad seasons. I think they all have a good chance at sucking for Luck this year.

Ole Miss Texan
09-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Yup I'm not gonna lie, I hope they win a few games. Ideally if they were to beat Jacksonville and Tennessee that would be awesome!

Double Barrel
09-30-2011, 12:04 PM
I hope they do draft a QB, so the fans can start bitching about Manning and create a controversy to undermine his authority. As we know, all it takes is a small group of vocal fans to do the trick. Some fans are fickle that way, and never seem to have any qualms about stabbing franchise players in the back once they start seeing diminished returns.

Just like Montana in Kansas City, I'd just as soon see Manning finish his career outside of our division.

Yankee_In_TX
09-30-2011, 12:05 PM
After watching this clip http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread-AndrewLuck/andrew-luck-slam-dunk-top-pick-nfl-draft I think after the Colts go 0-8 it's time to start rooting for them.

I can get on board with that.

Norg
09-30-2011, 12:50 PM
who says LUCk will be good anywayz jesus LOL

anywho NEVER !!!! i hope they go 0-16 !!!!!!!!!!!!! serves them right

srrono
09-30-2011, 02:05 PM
The suck for Luck sweepstakes is not my main concern because Peyton missing this year drops IND this low (est top 5 draft status) it might not be Luck we need to worry about. Peyton comes back next year puts IND right in the race again except now they will be drafting top side of the draft every round collecting more weapons.

bah007
09-30-2011, 02:23 PM

It could stop teams from intentional tanking (trying to get the #1 pick) because they know there are four other teams who will have a 1-in-5 chance to get the #1 pick.

Picks 1-through-5 would be decided by holding a lottery. As each ball pops up, that team takes the slot.

Eh I really don't think that any team "tanks" on purpose.

An organization's front office may wish to lose on purpose. But it would be impossible to convince a coach and an entire team of professional players to set their pride aside and lose on purpose.

The draft is fine just the way it is. The worst team should get the first pick.

badboy
09-30-2011, 11:30 PM

They need to go back to being the pre Manning Colts for at least a decade or two.0-7 but I am ok with 0-8

Ryan
09-30-2011, 11:36 PM
after 11 losses. I bet my friend $50 in preseason once the Manning news broke that the Colts would not win 6 games without him.

brakos82
09-30-2011, 11:40 PM
after 11 losses. I bet my friend $50 in preseason once the Manning news broke that the Colts would not win 6 games without him.

I wanna sell your friend some ocean-front property in Arizona. :kitten:

Dutchrudder
09-30-2011, 11:59 PM

I really like the NBA's idea of doing a draft lottery, but I HATE the way they weight the chances. the bottom 5 should all have the same chance, then the next 5 another number, and the remaining 4 all have 2% or so. It's just stupid to have these big dropoffs from 1 to 2 to 3 instead of making groups. It also would make teams fight till the last game of the season if the league wasn't rewarding losing. It's like welfare for crappy teams.

SuperSerial
10-01-2011, 05:01 AM
I agree with you and your avatar. :tiphat:

Well thanks. She's pretty cute.

Playoffs
10-01-2011, 05:52 PM
"Suck for Luck" will become so obvious in my opinion that the NFL will have to take action to prevent it in future drafts.

Risk is low now with the wage scale -- but I have no doubt he'll be very good. He has all of the tools, most importantly smarts & attitude.

As far as rooting for the Colts ..... :hmmm: ...... I'm thinking in ~2073.

fiasco west
10-01-2011, 08:55 PM
"Suck for Luck" will become so obvious in my opinion that the NFL will have to take action to prevent it in future drafts.

Risk is low now with the wage scale -- but I have no doubt he'll be very good. He has all of the tools, most importantly smarts & attitude.

As far as rooting for the Colts ..... :hmmm: ...... I'm thinking in ~2073.

Yep. By then the Jags will have been moved elsewhere and then the Colts will be in the AFC North or something as they should be.

Hervoyel
10-01-2011, 10:55 PM
I start rooting for the Colts about a minute after Satan wipes the first snowflake from his shoulder.

The draft is so unpredictable that I'm not going to worry about one highly regarded QB. As I recall we drafted one of those can't-miss prospects back in 2002 and that didn't exactly make us world beaters. Luck's gotta be all that to begin with, then he's got to be developed properly while Jughead bogart's all the snaps and attention 24-7 in Colts world. Hell, the Colts would probably have to ask Peyton for permission to even draft another QB that high. He'd be furious that they didn't get him some help with that pick.

This isn't something any of us need be worried about.

ArlingtonTexan
10-01-2011, 11:26 PM
The only time I will root for the Colts (sans a gambling or fantasy football reason) is if their winning will help the Texans get into the playoffs.

Texaninlild
10-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Never

z_man57
10-02-2011, 11:45 AM
At what point do you start rooting for the Colts?

Every time they play the Hags...