PDA

View Full Version : Another Steelers writer not complimentary

drs23
09-29-2011, 12:23 PM
We could go with Ben Roethlisberger's colorful explanation of the Steelers' offensive struggles: "The sky's the limit for us we just have to, you know, get on the plane."

Or we could say it in three words: This offense stinks.

Seriously, I'm sick of watching it. The Steelers must be sick of watching it. And if they don't start scoring soon like Sunday against the turbo-charged Houston Texans their season won't matter much past Halloween, or around the time Tom Brady visits Heinz Field.

The NFL is a scoring league. The Steelers don't score enough. They have long been dependent on phenomenal defense. Isn't it time the offense stepped up, particularly with the defense looking less than phenomenal?

Did I mention the Steelers don't score enough? They're ranked 26th in points per game and only that high because the defense scored one of their six touchdowns. They have cracked the top 10 in scoring once in coordinator Bruce Arians' five years, tying for ninth in 2007.

Find the rest here (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_759292.html)

Thorn
09-29-2011, 12:32 PM
I feel a 3-1 record coming on after this Sunday.

drs23
09-29-2011, 12:45 PM
I feel a 3-1 record coming on after this Sunday.

Me too. And I'll be there loud and proud! :gotexans1

Double Barrel
09-29-2011, 12:46 PM
C'mon, Texans, smell that blood in the water!! http://www.canadianaquariumconnection.com/forum/images/aquasmilies/SharkSharkShark!.gif

drs23
09-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Kinda off topic but didn't really know where else to axe this.

My buddy (a stinkin' Steelers fan) won some tickets at work. We'll be in the statosphere up in 632. Will I have to bring binoculars to see anything more than little dots moving around? I'm guessing one can see the Jumbotron from there, huh?

TIA

Texanmike02
09-29-2011, 01:36 PM

My buddy (a stinkin' Steelers fan) won some tickets at work. We'll be in the statosphere up in 632. Will I have to bring binoculars to see anything more than little dots moving around? I'm guessing one can see the Jumbotron from there, huh?

TIA

No. Sitting in the 600's isn't that bad. Take the binoculars so you can moniter injuries on the benches but for the field of play its not bad at all.

Mike

Joeycharp89
09-29-2011, 01:44 PM

TIA

Like Mike said, you can see just fine, it's when you get to the 700s that things seem pretty far away. But my dad had season tickets from work in the 600s when the Texans first started. We used binoculars sometimes, but since I was like 13 at the time I just used mine to check out cheerleaders in between plays.

HOU-TEX
09-29-2011, 01:52 PM
No. Sitting in the 600's isn't that bad. Take the binoculars so you can moniter cheerleaders on the sidelines but for the field of play its not bad at all.

Mike

FIFY :tiphat:

Hervoyel
09-29-2011, 01:56 PM

TIA

There's almost not a bad seat in Reliant. Everything is so close to the field that even up in the seats you need a sherpa to reach you have a great view of the field.

Lurvinator11
09-29-2011, 02:12 PM

TIA

Nah the 600's arent bad at all. My buddies and I went to the monday night game against the jets in the preseason and we sat in section 648. We got to see the TD pass to Chris O on our side of the field which was pretty cool. It just sucked when they got to the other side of the field cause then you couldnt see but I feel that was only because we were sitting on the endzone section. So no, you dont have to bring binoculars, youll be able to see just fine.

Texan_Bill
09-29-2011, 02:47 PM

TIA

Do you know if I'll be able to see from Section 117 row C? :kitten:

drs23
09-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I've got some binos so I guess I'll cart them along so I check out the chee...ugh, injuries on the sidelines. :D

AsylumGuido
09-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Like Mike said, you can see just fine, it's when you get to the 700s that things seem pretty far away. But my dad had season tickets from work in the 600s when the Texans first started. We used binoculars sometimes, but since I was like 13 at the time I just used mine to check out cheerleaders in between plays.

That what I use mine for in the Superdome!

:splits:

hobie
09-29-2011, 03:51 PM

Not the other side of the field...:kitten:

drs23
09-29-2011, 04:00 PM

See above. :kitten:

NitroGSXR
09-29-2011, 04:26 PM

I know you sat with us in 116 row C a couple seasons ago. I dont know about 117 but let me just say this... there is NOT a bad seat in Reliant except for 116/115 row C. That #$@&*#!? goalpost...

Texans34Life
09-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Man, all this Texans are going to 3-1 talk is going to bite us in the ass if we don't lock down on the run defense.

Shaft75
09-29-2011, 05:14 PM

What about the shady endzone row A?:breakdance:

thunderkyss
09-29-2011, 05:20 PM

TIA

I'm in 609, right on the 50. I love my seats. I used to bring Binoculars to get a close up of the cheerleaders & stuff, but They aren't really necessary.

Well, I'm in Row F...

thunderkyss
09-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Man, all this Texans are going to 3-1 talk is going to bite us in the ass if we don't lock down on the run defense.

Yeah, I'm hoping all this bad press is ticking the Steelers off, looking for someone to take it out on.

I hope the Texans understand this is coming & prepare...

thunderkyss
09-29-2011, 05:49 PM
In my Fantasy league, I've got both the Pittsburgh Steelers defense & the Washington Redskins. We use Fantasy shark for player evals & projections. Going into week 4:
The Steelers chances of winning this week lay squarely between Matt Schaub's ears. His propensity for late game collapses keeps the Steelers in this one, if the running game is rolling this will be an unsuccessful trip. Due to lack of alternatives it's tough to bench the Steelers this week though. ( 2 sacks, 2 INTs, 27 Points, 375 Yards )

They suggest I sit them this week.

BigBull17
09-29-2011, 09:15 PM

TIA

I like the 600's. You can seenplays develope

SAMURAITEXAN
09-29-2011, 09:37 PM
I can smell and taste that W. It will be very sweet one for us.

Go Texans!!!

Thorn
09-29-2011, 10:05 PM

Not if the Texans are the team we are thinking they are. :)

AnthonyE
09-30-2011, 11:41 AM
What about the shady endzone row A?:breakdance:

118 Row B here.

Back in the day I used to be so envious of y'all. What with your constant shade. I'm in 118 Row B, but only 2-3 seats from 119, so we would only get shade in the latter part of the season for the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. Those open roof games were so brutal. Thank God for the 50-80 rule!

Dread-Head
09-30-2011, 12:18 PM
As a fan of both the Steelers & Texans it pains me to take sides, but this is the ONE game this year where I won't be holding onto a terrible towel.

thunderkyss
09-30-2011, 12:32 PM
As a fan of both the Steelers & Texans it pains me to take sides, but this is the ONE game this year where I won't be holding onto a terrible towel.

I thought you were once Luv Ya Blue....

How can a Luv Ya Blue Oiler fan ever be a Steelers fan?

I wasn't a die-hard Oiler fan & I hate the Steelers by osmosis.