PDA

View Full Version : Grade Texans overall

badboy
09-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Not each player or Offense, Defense or Special Teams or even coaches. Just grade Texans as a team based on what you have seen not fears, Koolaid or future schedule. A to F.

I say B.

thunderkyss
09-28-2011, 10:10 PM
I think they are a solid B

MEGA SWATT
09-28-2011, 10:14 PM
B+:splits:

Allstar
09-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Do any teams deserve an A this year so far? Everyone has struggled, even Green Bay.

Ryan
09-28-2011, 10:21 PM
C+ so far. Our defense has seen highs and lows, and i think will keep getting better. Our offense has a great rhythm in between the 20's, but can't seem to get it right in the redzone. Still alot of room for improvement.

Playoffs
09-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I can only give an Incomplete. http://www.mirageforums.net/images/smilies/shrug.gif

Dutchrudder
09-28-2011, 10:40 PM
C - we have two wins over two 0-3 teams and a close loss to a great team. Still a long ways to go before we are worthy of playoffs.

Whostoned Texan
09-28-2011, 11:42 PM
C+ so far. Our defense has seen highs and lows, and i think will keep getting better. Our offense has a great rhythm in between the 20's, but can't seem to get it right in the redzone. Still alot of room for improvement.

I agree with you. I think without the redzone issues we would be 3-0, and I would give them a solid B on the verge of a plus. Just to many inconsistencies
at the moment.

House of Pain
09-29-2011, 12:01 AM
B (no +/-)

As long as they win the games they need to win, they make the playoffs. Beating good teams is just a bonus :kitten:

Ckw
09-29-2011, 12:17 AM
If I am grading them based on talent alone, I'd say B+

If I am grading them purely off of what I have seen on the field, I'd say C+ but truly, they deserve an incomplete.

Corrosion
09-29-2011, 12:24 AM
I..

ObsiWan
09-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Game 1 - A
Game 2 - B
Game 3 - C (first half - B+; 2nd half - D)

This is not a good trend because the tests only get harder....

Ryan
09-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Game 1 - A
Game 2 - B
Game 3 - C (first half - B+; 2nd half - D)

This is not a good trend because the tests only get harder....

So what comes after F?

ObsiWan
09-29-2011, 12:56 AM
So what comes after F?

Unemployment

...massive unemployment

Thorn
09-29-2011, 07:26 AM
We beat two bad teams and took one class of the NFL team to the wire in a game we actually should have won. For now, I'll give this team a B-. If this thread is still visable after the Steeler game, I may have to revisist it.

TheMatrix31
09-29-2011, 07:30 AM
We won two games we should have won and lost by 7 to a recent Super Bowl champion and perennial contender. Have a few flaws in our game. Playcalling and red zone performance, DBs not named Joseph or Manning, and relatively weak blocking. We're forcing turnovers and our special teams seems improved, so that's obviously good.

I'd say a B is in order for now.

HJam72
09-29-2011, 07:31 AM
I give them a:

@$ (Too confusing too explain...) :breakdance:

HOU-TEX
09-29-2011, 09:38 AM
C

Still showing signs of last years team, imo. Inconsistency at it's best.

The Pencil Neck
09-29-2011, 10:40 AM
B.

They did what they needed to do in the first two games. Then they went to the house of a team that's the creme de la creme of the NFL and took it to the wire in a game they could have won.

That's not bad. And good teams are going to lose games against other good teams so the NO loss doesn't really bother me that much.

BUT... I need them to do better in the red zone and I need that defense to play better and get more pressure. I haven't seen enough to know if that's a blip because of the strange off-season or a theme that's going to be continued through the whole season.

thunderkyss
09-29-2011, 12:09 PM
If I am grading them purely off of what I have seen on the field, I'd say C+ but truly, they deserve an incomplete.

I don't understand this grade. The teams we've played so far, doesn't strike fear into anyone's hearts (excluding the Saints) but we beat those teams the way we were supposed to. It wasn't some lucky streak like the way the Steelers beat Indy. We owned them, the whole game.

We beat Miami like a good team would beat Miami, not the way the Patriots (with the worse pass defense in the league right now, or close) did.

The only poor performance by any phase of the game was a 9 minute window... The most important nine minutes maybe (arguably) But I don't see how that drops them that far from an A+

Ckw
09-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't understand this grade. The teams we've played so far, doesn't strike fear into anyone's hearts (excluding the Saints) but we beat those teams the way we were supposed to. It wasn't some lucky streak like the way the Steelers beat Indy. We owned them, the whole game.

We beat Miami like a good team would beat Miami, not the way the Patriots (with the worse pass defense in the league right now, or close) did.

The only poor performance by any phase of the game was a 9 minute window... The most important nine minutes maybe (arguably) But I don't see how that drops them that far from an A+

As I have stated before, this team hasn't done anything different than they have done before. Nothing. We have been 2-0 before. We have also been 2-1 before. We have beaten bad teams by a large margin before. We have even beaten "elite", Super Bowl contending teams before. We have also done this song and dance everyone is so pleased with where we stay in the game against a good team for 3 quarters only to blow it in the 4th.

Everything the Texans have done this season, we have seen before. You can bring up the defense, but we had a pretty damn good defense to close out the 2009 season. What happened in 2010? I don't think I even need to go there.

As far as the Miami game is concerned, we did the same thing there that we did against the Saints: we couldn't punch it in for 6 in the red zone. And in the game day thread I stated that if that continued, we wouldn't be able to beat the Colts. And what happened? We stayed in the game for 3 quarters with our field goals and occasional TD, but we lost the game.

Show me something different Texans. Show me something I haven't seen before. Hell, if they go out and beat the Steelers, that will be something I have never seen them do in the Kubiak era. That will be a start. But until I see something different, they get a C+. They get an A for the Colts game, a B- for the Miami game, and a D- for the Saints game (I am sick of seeing this team play for half a game only to choke it away in the second half). But since we are only 3 games in, I will probably scratch that C+ and give them an I.

gary
09-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Too early to tell right now.

thunderkyss
09-29-2011, 01:58 PM
As I have stated before, this team hasn't done anything different than they have done before. Nothing.

So you graded their performance, not the team. That makes sense.

TexCanada
09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
B. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat and lost to a top team in the league.

Ckw
09-29-2011, 04:37 PM
So you graded their performance, not the team. That makes sense.

My sarcasm meter isn't functioning right now. Too many pain pills from my heart surgery...

What would you grade them?

thunderkyss
09-29-2011, 04:50 PM
My sarcasm meter isn't functioning right now. Too many pain pills from my heart surgery...

What would you grade them?

I'm not being sarcastic, you did exactly what the title asked.

If we're grading their results so far this year, your thinking, reasoning is understandable.

I read the title & graded what I see. The defense looks to be at least average, the offense looks better than average.... that's a B for me.

Texan_Bill
09-29-2011, 05:13 PM
B for me.

Beat two teams we were supposed to beat Lost to a team that has a chance to return to the Super Bowl AND we gave them more than they wanted. Solid B

Doppelganger
09-29-2011, 07:02 PM
B-

Took care of business against two winless teams.
Had the opportunity to put the game away early against the Saints and failed. Then D came apart in 4th.