PDA

View Full Version : The "Should I do this trade thread"

Ckw
09-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Everyone feel free to use this thread to post your potential trades, offers, etc.

This just got offered to me.

I would receive Dwayne Bowe and Jonathan Stewart
I would send him Mike Williams TB, Reggie Bush, and Darren Sproles

I am leaning towards yes because when Bowe is performing well, he is a top 10 fantasy WR. I am stacked at RB (Lesean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Ahmad Bradshaw, Michael Bush) so I feel like I can afford to give up Sproles even though I am in a PPR, and Stewart has some good upside. I need some help at WR as right now my WRs are Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Williams (who has been terrible this year and I am worried about Josh Freeman as he has not looked good getting him the ball), Santana Moss, Eric Decker, and Denarius Moore.

So fantasy gurus, should I do the trade and add Dwayne Bowe to my team? Is it worth giving up Sproles?

Dutchrudder
09-28-2011, 03:28 PM
What does your lineup look like? 2 RB, 2 WR and flex? PPR? Do you get points for return yards and TDs?

I would think with McCoy, DMC and Sproles or Bradshaw would dominate in most leagues alone. Stewart is crap, Bush is looking like crap, so I dunno. You could counter with Decker and Sproles for Bowe and some crap RB (so he doesn't feel like he's giving up much). Unless the guy really wants Bush, just throw him in for kicks then pick up someone on the wire. Either way, I don't think this is a great deal. Waste of a WR slot in Bowe. KC isn't going to be good this year, look for another WR.

Ckw
09-28-2011, 03:37 PM
What does your lineup look like? 2 RB, 2 WR and flex? PPR? Do you get points for return yards and TDs?

I would think with McCoy, DMC and Sproles or Bradshaw would dominate in most leagues alone. Stewart is crap, Bush is looking like crap, so I dunno. You could counter with Decker and Sproles for Bowe and some crap RB (so he doesn't feel like he's giving up much). Unless the guy really wants Bush, just throw him in for kicks then pick up someone on the wire. Either way, I don't think this is a great deal. Waste of a WR slot in Bowe. KC isn't going to be good this year, look for another WR.

Thanks man. You really don't like Bowe, huh!

Really appreciate your advice and am going to take it. Granted, Stewart has looked better the last two weeks and has a little upside (he did run for 1000 yards a few years ago). I am in a PPR (0.5) and yes, DMC, McCoy, and Bradshaw have been killing it for me. I have never started Sproles and probably won't other than in bye weeks.

So you don't think Bowe is better than what I have in Moss and Mike Williams?

My lineup looks like this:

QB: Flacco or Roesthlisberger
RB: McCoy
RB: Run-DMC
Flex: Bradshaw
WR: Fitz
WR: Moss
TE: OD
K: Janikowski
D/ST: Eagles

Only area I feel I need to improve is WR2.

So would you do the deal if it was Desean Jackson instead?

Also, I may have the option to do the same deal except get Daniel Thomas instead of Stewart and get either Steve Smith CAR or Brandon Marshall. Which of those deals do you think is best?

Thanks a ton man and sorry for all the questions!

Dutchrudder
09-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Oh damn, you got a lot of bidders, eh? I would be concerned about DJax cause Vick is uncertain and he hasn't been doing much anyways. Steve Smith of Carolina looks pretty good so far but it's hard choice between him and Marshall. Both are #1 options that get a lot of yards but not a lot of TDs. I think Smith is in the better position though due to better QB play.

So could you get D Thomas and Smith? Cause I would avoid getting 2 players from either the Panthers or Dolphins. Dolphins are 0-3 without much to prove the rest of the season, the Panthers seem like they will be more competitive down the stretch. Although, the Dolphins just claimed Slaton, so I dunno. I like Smith more than the other guys mentioned, just because I think Cam will be playing 100% every week from here on out. The Dolphins may go for Luck, as they are leading the race on that one...

IMHO, Smith and Stewart/Thomas would be a good get for Sproles, Bush and whatever WR you don't want. (I'd hang on to Williams over the other guys you listed) SS just had a bad week thanks to the torrential rain storm. I expect him to contribute the rest of the season barring injury. He's put up awesome numbers so far.

Good luck!

Ckw
09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh damn, you got a lot of bidders, eh? I would be concerned about DJax cause Vick is uncertain and he hasn't been doing much anyways. Steve Smith of Carolina looks pretty good so far but it's hard choice between him and Marshall. Both are #1 options that get a lot of yards but not a lot of TDs. I think Smith is in the better position though due to better QB play.

So could you get D Thomas and Smith? Cause I would avoid getting 2 players from either the Panthers or Dolphins. Dolphins are 0-3 without much to prove the rest of the season, the Panthers seem like they will be more competitive down the stretch. Although, the Dolphins just claimed Slaton, so I dunno. I like Smith more than the other guys mentioned, just because I think Cam will be playing 100% every week from here on out. The Dolphins may go for Luck, as they are leading the race on that one...

IMHO, Smith and Stewart/Thomas would be a good get for Sproles, Bush and whatever WR you don't want. (I'd hang on to Williams over the other guys you listed) SS just had a bad week thanks to the torrential rain storm. I expect him to contribute the rest of the season barring injury. He's put up awesome numbers so far.

Good luck!

Thanks man! I'd rep you, but I've given out too much in 24 hours.

I'm curious if everyone else is as down on Bowe as you are. I like him. Cassel isn't great, but he's been pretty good at getting Bowe the ball in the RZ. Then again, I am in a PPR so guys that catch a lot of balls are valuable.

Maybe I should just stick with what I have. I think the only deal that might be worth it would be Sproles, Williams, and Bush for Brandon Marshall or Steve Smith and maybe Daniel Thomas. That's a possibility. Hmmmm....

Ckw
09-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Just to make it easy, I will list the potential options I have right now.

I will list my players first and then the players I would receive second.

1. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Dwayne Bowe and Jonathan Stewart
2. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Brandon Marshall and Daniel Thomas
3. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Steve Smith and Daniel Thomas
4. Darren McFadden, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Roddy White & Beanie Wells

Only #1 has actually been submitted to me but 2, 3, & 4 are all in discussions.

So if it were you, which one of these options would you do? You can pick up to 2 if you would like since I'm not confident which of the last 3 will definitely be agreed to by their owners although all the options have been discussed.

Thanks everyone and rep (once the 24 hours is up) to everyone that responds with their opinions!

JCTexan
09-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Just to make it easy, I will list the potential options I have right now.

I will list my players first and then the players I would receive second.

1. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Dwayne Bowe and Jonathan Stewart
2. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Brandon Marshall and Daniel Thomas
3. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Steve Smith and Daniel Thomas
4. Darren McFadden, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Roddy White & Beanie Wells

Only #1 has actually been submitted to me but 2, 3, & 4 are all in discussions.

So if it were you, which one of these options would you do? You can pick up to 2 if you would like since I'm not confident which of the last 3 will definitely be agreed to by their owners although all the options have been discussed.

Thanks everyone and rep (once the 24 hours is up) to everyone that responds with their opinions!

I would do #2 & #3. In both you would get clear #1 WR's in Marshall & Smith and would also get a pretty good RB in Thomas. The fact that I like Marshall better makes #2 the clear winner here.

Edit: just realized #4 had DMC in it.. That would change my opinion quite a bit.

Ckw
09-28-2011, 05:33 PM
I would do #2 & #3. In both you would get clear #1 WR's in Marshall & Smith and would also get a pretty good RB in Thomas. The fact that I like Marshall better makes #2 the clear winner here.

Edit: just realized #4 had DMC in it.. That would change my opinion quite a bit.

Thanks! I'm getting the message that I have given too much rep in the last 24 hours but as soon as I can, I will rep you. I appreciate the advice. That is the way I am leaning.

So are you with Dutch that you think option 1 (me getting Bowe) is a bad deal?

Also, what do you mean in your last sentence? Do you mean that you would do the deal even though it includes McFadden or would not?

Ckw
09-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Also since the responses I have gotten so far have indicated Marshall or Steve Smith for Sproles is the best deal, what about if the guy insists on Bradshaw instead? Right now I am saying, no, no, and NO but if I did that, I could still start Sproles at the flex. Once again, I think Bradshaw for Smith/Marshall and Daniel Thomas would be a bad trade, but I'm curious what you all think.

Thanks again to you that have responded. I'd also love to hear about your teams.

JCTexan
09-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks! I'm getting the message that I have given too much rep in the last 24 hours but as soon as I can, I will rep you. I appreciate the advice. That is the way I am leaning.

So are you with Dutch that you think option 1 (me getting Bowe) is a bad deal?

Also, what do you mean in your last sentence? Do you mean that you would do the deal even though it includes McFadden or would not?

At first glance I thought Sproles was the RB in that trade too. I had it as the clear cut #1 until I realized it was Mcfadden and not Sproles. I would not do that trade. DMC is just too much to give up for White.

Ckw
09-28-2011, 08:10 PM
At first glance I thought Sproles was the RB in that trade too. I had it as the clear cut #1 until I realized it was Mcfadden and not Sproles. I would not do that trade. DMC is just too much to give up for White.

Agreed.

So if the other trade doesn't go through for Marshall or Smith, you think I should do the trade for Bowe?

Ckw
09-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Sweet! I am pretty happy. The guy ended up accepting the trade of Darren Sproles (I'll miss him but he simply wasn't going to start for me), Reggie Bush, and Mike Williams for Brandon Marshall and Daniel Thomas.

I definitely feel like I won this deal, although the other guy didn't have much to lose as he has a pretty solid WR core (Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith CAR, Brandon Lloyd, and now Mike Williams TB) and Sproles will easily be his 2nd best RB as right now he was starting Peyton Hillis, Pierre Thomas, and The Law Firm (poor guy had Jamaal Charles). League is PPR as well so Sproles has more value.

Definitely happy with the trade though, and I like the potential of Daniel Thomas as he can definitely be a spot starter and Marshall is now my every week starter at WR along with Fitz.

Anyway, let's hear about the rest of your teams. I'd love to offer what little advice I can give to any of you or just see what your teams look like.

Rep to you that have commented too! Thanks a ton for making the decision easier!

Mr. White
10-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Roddy White for Peyton Hillis?

My RB's are Hillis and Foster. Backups are Tate, Tolbert, and Bernard Scott.

I've already got Fitz and Welker at WR. Backups are Meachem and a couple of projects (Torrey Smith and Donald Jones.) Meachem has been my flex.

I'm leaning towards "no."

Blake
10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
In one of my leagues my QB's are Kevin Kolb and Sam Bradford. They are literally killing my team. I cant find a team with 2 amazing QB's on their roster as a trade parter.

Is there any way I can trade for a better QB without giving up Ray Rice?

QB Sam Bradford, StL QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Felix Jones, Dal RB P
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR P
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE
D/ST Saints D/ST D/ST
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K

Bench Steven Jackson, StL RB P
Bench Chad Ochocinco, NE WR
Bench Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
Bench Kevin Kolb, Ari QB
Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB Q
Bench Lions D/ST D/ST
Bench Brandon LaFell, Car WR
Bench Ed Dickson, Bal TE

Dutchrudder
10-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Roddy White for Peyton Hillis?

My RB's are Hillis and Foster. Backups are Tate, Tolbert, and Bernard Scott.

I've already got Fitz and Welker at WR. Backups are Meachem and a couple of projects (Torrey Smith and Donald Jones.) Meachem has been my flex.

I'm leaning towards "no."

Honestly, unless you start 3 WRs, I don't see any reason to do that trade. You're kind of thin at RB, so dropping Hillis for a WR doesn't make much sense.

Dutchrudder
10-03-2011, 09:43 AM
In one of my leagues my QB's are Kevin Kolb and Sam Bradford. They are literally killing my team. I cant find a team with 2 amazing QB's on their roster as a trade parter.

QB Sam Bradford, StL QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Felix Jones, Dal RB P
WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE
D/ST Saints D/ST D/ST

Bench Kevin Kolb, Ari QB
Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB Q
Bench Lions D/ST D/ST
Bench Ed Dickson, Bal TE

I'm in a similar situation with Matt Ryan and Bradford. After getting sniped on the wavier wire for Newton, McCoy, Hasselback, and Campbell, I decided just to drop Bradford and pick up Andy Dalton. He seems good enough as a fill-in for Ryan's bad matchups and bye week. Grossman isn't completely terrible if he's still on the wire for you, as he seems to get positive points each week - something Bradford doesn't do. I dunno, what else is on the wire for you at this point? I don't think you're going to be able to trade much given your squad.

LikeMike
10-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Since Jamaal Charles went out I have a problem at HB. Right now my 2 starters are Beanie Wells (just had a great game but injury prone) and Cedric Benson who might be out for 3 weeks. Behind them I have Michael Bush and just picked up Stevan Ridley.

Now, my depth at WR is pretty good with Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marhsall, Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress, Devin Hester and Michael Crabtree. I just got offered the following trade:

Rashard Mendenhall for Hakeem Nicks

I am on the fence. I never liked Mendenhall and so far he had a subpar season and left the last game with a hamstring injury. On the other hand he was projected to be a fantasy powerhouse this season and as far as I know a second round pick in most leagues. What would you do?

Dutchrudder
10-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Since Jamaal Charles went out I have a problem at HB. Right now my 2 starters are Beanie Wells (just had a great game but injury prone) and Cedric Benson who might be out for 3 weeks. Behind them I have Michael Bush and just picked up Stevan Ridley.

Now, my depth at WR is pretty good with Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marhsall, Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress, Devin Hester and Michael Crabtree. I just got offered the following trade:

I am on the fence. I never liked Mendenhall and so far he had a subpar season and left the last game with a hamstring injury. On the other hand he was projected to be a fantasy powerhouse this season and as far as I know a second round pick in most leagues. What would you do?

Absolutely not. Nicks is having a great year. Top 10 WR so far, whereas Mendenhall is having a terrible year behind a sketchy O-line.

Now you do need some RB help obviously. I suggest you drop a WR on your bench and pickup B Scott who's behind Benson. He will be your handcuff and fill-in during Benson's absence. That will help bolster one RB position a bit.

As far as the trade goes, see if you can give up a bench WR for Mendenhall - Plax or Crabtree would be ideal. Assuming you start only 2 WRs, a guy like Marshall may be able to net you a decent RB like Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Frank Gore or Javid Best. Best just had a bad game, so a fickle owner may be willing to trade him.

dc_txtech
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM

I feel your pain with Jamaal Charles man but no way would I give up Hicks for Mendenhall. Hicks is healthy and looked like a beast this week. Mendenhall looks beat up.

Ckw
10-04-2011, 12:28 PM
No WAY do you give up Nicks for Mendenhall. Someone desperate would probably be willing to give you a DMC or Foster of somebody like that for Nicks.

I trade too much. I am concerned though about my QB situation. Big Ben has been sucking royally, and Flacco is too damn inconsistent. Our league is not standard in that it gives QBs 6 points per TD instead of 4 so they are more valuable, and mine kind of suck. In past weeks, I have been able to get by with poor QB play due to McFadden, McCoy, Bradshaw, and Fitz, but now McFadden looks beat up and is he going to continue playing the way that he has. Which is why I am thinking maybe I strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

Chris Johnson, Desean Jackson, Matt Schaub, and Lions D for Run-DMC, Michael Bush (handcuff), and Ben Roesthlisberger.

What do you think?

Dutchrudder
10-04-2011, 12:34 PM
No WAY do you give up Nicks for Mendenhall. Someone desperate would probably be willing to give you a DMC or Foster of somebody like that for Nicks.

I trade too much. I am concerned though about my QB situation. Big Ben has been sucking royally, and Flacco is too damn inconsistent. Our league is not standard in that it gives QBs 6 points per TD instead of 4 so they are more valuable, and mine kind of suck. In past weeks, I have been able to get by with poor QB play due to McFadden, McCoy, Bradshaw, and Fitz, but now McFadden looks beat up and is he going to continue playing the way that he has. Which is why I am thinking maybe I strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

Chris Johnson, Desean Jackson, Matt Schaub, and Lions D for Run-DMC, Michael Bush (handcuff), and Ben Roesthlisberger.

What do you think?

That's tough to evaluate without the rest of your team posted. I don't know if you can afford to downgrade your RB1 for CJ. Also, without AJ the next couple weeks, Schaub's value is going to drop a lot.

Ckw
10-04-2011, 02:15 PM
That's tough to evaluate without the rest of your team posted. I don't know if you can afford to downgrade your RB1 for CJ. Also, without AJ the next couple weeks, Schaub's value is going to drop a lot.

I have Lesean McCoy and Ahmad Bradshaw at RB. Also, I have Fitz, Brandon Marshall, and Santana Moss at WR. My defense is the Eagles (EPIC FAIL).

My thinking is a downgraded Schaub is better than an every week Flacco or Roesthlisberger. My QBs are killing me, and I feel like I'd be better off with a lineup like this each week:

QB: Schaub
RB: Lesean McCoy, Chris Johnson
Flex: Ahmad Bradshaw or Desean Jackson (depending on matchups)
WR: Fitz, Brandon Marshall, Desean Jackson, Santana Moss (start 2 depending on matchups or trade Marshall and Jackson for a better #2)
D/ST: Lions

Dutchrudder
10-04-2011, 02:37 PM
What QBs are on the wire? I know Big Ben isn't going to be worth much this year, especially if he's out for a while.

I think the rest of your team is good enough to win it all. McCoy and McFadden are two top 5 RBs. Bradshaw isn't doing great this year, but he's a good flex option. Starting WRs of Fitz and Jackson/Marshall are great. If anything, I would take Flacco and Marshall/Moss to try to upgrade your QB that way. Find a 1-3 team that needs help and has a good QB. You won't get Brady or Brees, but maybe you could snag Stafford or Manning and a #3/4 WR.

Ckw
10-04-2011, 03:32 PM
What QBs are on the wire? I know Big Ben isn't going to be worth much this year, especially if he's out for a while.

I think the rest of your team is good enough to win it all. McCoy and McFadden are two top 5 RBs. Bradshaw isn't doing great this year, but he's a good flex option. Starting WRs of Fitz and Jackson/Marshall are great. If anything, I would take Flacco and Marshall/Moss to try to upgrade your QB that way. Find a 1-3 team that needs help and has a good QB. You won't get Brady or Brees, but maybe you could snag Stafford or Manning and a #3/4 WR.

I don't have Desean Jackson. I was saying I could get him in this trade potentially.

The people with Stafford are probably wanting a top RB or WR for him I would imagine.

My skill position players are: McFadden, McCoy, Bradshaw, Daniel Thomas, Michael Bush, Larry Fitz, Brandon Marshall, Santana Moss, Eric Decker, & Denarius Moore.

I'd kind of like a better defense (Eagles kind of suck) and a better QB as Flacco and Roesthlisberger are too unreliable. Got any suggestions of trades people might go for?

Dutchrudder
10-04-2011, 03:43 PM
I would take Big ben/Flacco and Marshall and go after Brees/Stafford/Vick/Newton. Just propose a trade to anyone with one of those guys who needs another WR. You can afford to give up Marshall with Moss and Decker to play in your #2 spot. Just make sure you don't get a mediocre QB like Schaub, McCoy or Campbell for this deal. Hopefully you can hook someone who likes the name of Marshall.

Also, if Victor Cruz is on the wire, I'd grab him if you can make room. I think he's going to be big in the future given the lack of WRs for the Giants.

Ckw
10-06-2011, 12:04 AM
I would take Big ben/Flacco and Marshall and go after Brees/Stafford/Vick/Newton. Just propose a trade to anyone with one of those guys who needs another WR. You can afford to give up Marshall with Moss and Decker to play in your #2 spot. Just make sure you don't get a mediocre QB like Schaub, McCoy or Campbell for this deal. Hopefully you can hook someone who likes the name of Marshall.

Also, if Victor Cruz is on the wire, I'd grab him if you can make room. I think he's going to be big in the future given the lack of WRs for the Giants.

I don't see how there is anyway in the world I can get Brees or Stafford or Vick for that combo. I'd feel stupid even offering that trade (no offense man). QBs are just too valuable in this league. In fact, they are probably the most valuable position (other than RB of course) since they get 6 points per TD instead of 4.

So I've narrowed my search down to Cam Newton. The guy that has him has not started him at all yet and has Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, and Matt Schaub (ridiculous I know to have that many QBs).

So I'm trying to decide what I should be willing to give up for him. He IS a rookie and I don't want to break the bank. Obviously, my untouchables in a deal like this are Run-DMC, LeSean McCoy, Fitz, and probably Owen Daniels. That leaves me with being able to offer some combination of Ahmad Bradshaw, Daniel Thomas, Brandon Marshall, Santana Moss, Eric Decker, Denarius Moore, and Flacco or Roesthlisberger (if he wants another QB for some crazy reason).

So with that said, what is basically the max I should give up? Right now, I have an offer out there of Daniel Thomas and the Philly D for Cam Newton and the Lions D. Obviously, I want to start with a lower value trade (although it still is a decent trade since he isn't starting Cam or the Lions as he has the Ravens D and has been starting Eli Manning) as his RBs are Chris Johnson and Jonathan Stewart. Pretty weak.

Anyway, if he counters, what is the max I should be willing to give up? I am thinking Ahmad Bradshaw or Santana Moss are the max I'd be willing to give. Marshall is possibly too valuable, IMO, and the guy is strong at WR.

LikeMike
10-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Alright, I declined the Mendenhall trade and asked around in the league (most of our guys don`t trade as well) - and Ive found one that might be interesting. First again, here is my situation:

Now, my depth at WR is pretty good with Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marhsall, Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress, Devin Hester and Michael Crabtree. My depth at TE is exceptionally good with Rob Gronkowski and Owen Daniels.

So now someone offered me Lagarette Blount for Hakeem Nicks, or Jahvid Best for Steve Smith. What do you think? Id really like to cash in on my TE situation and offer something like:

Brandon Marshall and Rob Gronkowski for Lagarette Blount and Jordy Nelson

Not sure if he would bite since he is ok at TE with Jason Witten.

So, what would you guys do?

Blake
10-06-2011, 10:10 AM

QB Sam Bradford, StL QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Felix Jones, Dal RB P
WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE
D/ST Saints D/ST D/ST

Bench Kevin Kolb, Ari QB
Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB Q
Bench Lions D/ST D/ST
Bench Ed Dickson, Bal TE

So I dropped Ed Dickson for Alex Smith. Then was offered a trade of Cam Newton and Johnny Knox, for my Dwayne Bowe and Alex Smith. I accepted. He has Vick starting so he made a risky bet, but if Vicky stays healthy it could work out well for him getting Bowe. I had to make the trade since Kolb and Bradford werent getting me more than 11 points a game. I have since dropped Bradford.

Did I make the correct decision?

Dutchrudder
10-06-2011, 11:19 AM
So I dropped Ed Dickson for Alex Smith. Then was offered a trade of Cam Newton and Johnny Knox, for my Dwayne Bowe and Alex Smith. I accepted. He has Vick starting so he made a risky bet, but if Vicky stays healthy it could work out well for him getting Bowe. I had to make the trade since Kolb and Bradford werent getting me more than 11 points a game. I have since dropped Bradford.

I think you did the right thing, as Cam will greatly improve your team over Kolb/Bradford/Smith. Losing Bowe will hurt in a 3 WR league, but WRs are so up and down with their points that it's probably best in the long run.

I'm not a fan of Bowe since JC went down, as I don't think Cassel will be getting him the ball much. Last year, I think a lot of Bowe's production came from the fact that JC was averaging 4.8 yards per carry and was a huge threat. That forced teams to play the run more, and leave Bowe 1 on 1. Now KC has no run game, and Cassel will be exposed for the pretender he is.

Ckw
10-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Well I made hopefully my last trade of the fantasy season.

I received Cam Newton, the Lion D, and Jonathan Stewart for Ahmad Bradshaw and the Eagles D.

I'm curious what you guys think.

Personally, I'm very happy with it. I tried to get him to bite on Daniel Thomas instead of Bradshaw, but he understandably wouldn't go for it. He didn't need a WR either so this was the only way I could get him to do it.

If Cam continues playing like he has, then this is a great deal. I already know what I had in Bradshaw (a good but not great fantasy RB). I kept all my studs in McFadden, McCoy, and Fitz, and have some ok backup RBs in Stewart and Daniel Thomas.

Also, do you think the Lions are an improvement at defense? Philly has been a huge letdown and Detroit has been amazing and is the #3 defense. So what do you think?

Blake
10-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Basically you stole from him. He should be ashamed for accepting that trade.

Ckw
10-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Basically you stole from him. He should be ashamed for accepting that trade.

You think so? Was that in response to my trade?

If so, man I felt good about my trade but not this good. Thanks!

Does everyone else feel this way?

Starting lineup now looks like this:

QB: Cam
RB1: LeSean McCoy
RB2: Run-DMC
Flex: Santana Moss/J-Stew/Daniel Thomas
WR1: Fitz
WR2: Marshall
D/ST: Lions

Ckw
10-07-2011, 05:36 PM

Just saw this. You made an even better trade than mine. Bowe and Smith for Newton is pretty much nothing.

What's your lineup look like?

Ckw
10-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Alright, I declined the Mendenhall trade and asked around in the league (most of our guys don`t trade as well) - and Ive found one that might be interesting. First again, here is my situation:

Now, my depth at WR is pretty good with Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marhsall, Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress, Devin Hester and Michael Crabtree. My depth at TE is exceptionally good with Rob Gronkowski and Owen Daniels.

So now someone offered me Lagarette Blount for Hakeem Nicks, or Jahvid Best for Steve Smith. What do you think? Id really like to cash in on my TE situation and offer something like:

Brandon Marshall and Rob Gronkowski for Lagarette Blount and Jordy Nelson

Not sure if he would bite since he is ok at TE with Jason Witten.

So, what would you guys do?

Sorry I didn't comment. Because your depth is good at WR, a trade like that wouldn't be bad, but I'd really try and get someone better than Blount for Marshall and Gronkowski. I mean that is a top 10 fantasy TE and a top 10 fantasy WR. No, you won't get Run-DMC or Peterson for that package, but maybe a Chris Johnson (since he is having a down year), Michael Turner, MJD, or maybe even Forte. Blount simply isn't enough IMO.

Ckw
10-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Well Dutch, I'd say your hatred of Dwayne Bowe has been pretty unwarranted. He has been balling it up the last few weeks and looks like he has picked up where he left out last year with or without Jamaal Charles. Wish I had picked him up.

Ckw
10-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I am kicking myself for not doing that Bowe trade. Man! Marshall is probably going to suck the rest of the season and I freaking gave up Sproles for that bum.

:toropalm:

Dutchrudder
10-09-2011, 10:46 PM
I am kicking myself for not doing that Bowe trade. Man! Marshall is probably going to suck the rest of the season and I freaking gave up Sproles for that bum.

:toropalm:

I said go for Steve Smith...

Ckw
10-10-2011, 12:08 AM
I said go for Steve Smith...

Just giving you a hard time. Yeah, couldn't get the guy to do Steve Smith.

But hey, game 1 of the Cam Newton era as my QB went well. Somehow, I'm still going to lose my matchup though...

Blake
10-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Just saw this. You made an even better trade than mine. Bowe and Smith for Newton is pretty much nothing.

What's your lineup look like?

Bowe did just have 130 yards and 2 TD's so I did have to give to get. But Smith was a throw away player.

QB: Cam Newton - Kevin Kolb
RB: Ray Rice - Shonn Greene - Pierre Thomas
RB: Steven Jackson - Felix Jones - Ben Tate
WR: Larry Fitzgerald - Chad Ochocinco
WR: Jeremy Maclin - Jacoby Jones
WR: Johnny Knox - Terell Owens
TE: Greg Olsen
DEF: Detroit
K: Sebastian Janikowski

Blake
10-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Wow. Just got offered a pair of trades in another league. Need a little outside perspective. Non PPR.

Current Lineup:
Matt Schaub
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Frank Gore
Ryan Matthews
Rob Gronkowski
Jason Witten
Saints/Falcons
Janikowski
BENCH: Ingram, Henderson, Ryan Grant, Kenall Hunter, Grossman,

1st Trade:

Give:
Andre Johnson
Frank Gore

Get:
Tom Brady
Tim Hightower

2nd Trade:

Give:
Calvin Johnson
Ryan Matthews

Get:
Tom Brady
Ahmad Bradshaw
Larry Fitzgerald

Blake
10-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Update: Looks like we are doing Brady for AJ straight up. He needs a top WR since Britt went down and he wants to start Cam Newton.

Dutchrudder
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Update: Looks like we are doing Brady for AJ straight up. He needs a top WR since Britt went down and he wants to start Cam Newton.

So are you going to try to sell Schaub for a WR? Cause that other trade with Fitz, Brady and Bradshaw looks pretty good.

ultimatepaki
10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Someone offered me AJ + roddy white for matt forte (he's winless so he wants to blow up his team)

Notable members on my team:
qb: schaub, bradford
rb: forte, fred jackson, Chris johnson
wr: vincent jackson, stevie johnson, mike williams (tb), nate washington

i'm kind of tempted to do this. i was thinking if that trade went through I'd be able to flip one of the wrs for a qb as someone is trying to trade stafford.

should I go for it? (there's something to be said for standing pat as I haven't lost yet, but I'm always looking to improve)

Dutchrudder
10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Someone offered me AJ + roddy white for matt forte (he's winless so he wants to blow up his team)

i'm kind of tempted to do this. i was thinking if that trade went through I'd be able to flip one of the wrs for a qb as someone is trying to trade stafford.

should I go for it? (there's something to be said for standing pat as I haven't lost yet, but I'm always looking to improve)

What's your setup for starting? Do you have a flex? Is it PPR?

Ckw
10-11-2011, 12:30 PM

So are you going to try to sell Schaub for a WR? Cause that other trade with Fitz, Brady and Bradshaw looks pretty good.

That's the one my eyes almost jumped out of my head at. Fitz is close in skill to Megatron, Bradshaw isn't too much worse than Matthews, and Brady is the best QB in the league. Winning!!

Anyway, I still like your trade of Brady for AJ straight up but like Dutch said, I'd find someone with a crappy QB and offer them Schaub for a WR. Your WR depth is taking a huge hit losing AJ.

No question. You've got Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson to start for you.

Blake
10-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Yes I would do it. You can still start Jackson and Johnson and be loaded at WR. Like you said you can flip one to upgrade another position.

Blake
10-11-2011, 12:38 PM

I will try to trade him for a #2 WR. If I can...

That was a tempting trade offer, but with AJ hurt right now, I cant risk only having Fitz @WR, while taking a hit at RB. Bradshaw is not as good a fantasy producer like Matthews has been. Also with AJ out this week, and Fitz on a bye, I would basically be giving the game away this week.

With the 1 for 1 trade my lineup will look like this.

QB - Tom Brady
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Devery Henderson
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Ryan Matthews
TE - Jason Witten
WR/TE Flex - Rob Gronkowski
K - Seabastian Janikowski
DEF - Saints/Falcons

ultimatepaki
10-11-2011, 12:45 PM
What's your setup for starting? Do you have a flex? Is it PPR?

standard yahoo league NON ppr.
1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex, 1 tight end, 1 def, 1 kicker

I'm just a little gun shy mainly bc of this stat:
forte 345 receiving yards (in addition to his 440 rushing yds)
AJ and Roddy each have 352 receiving yards

ultimatepaki
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Yes I would do it. You can still start Jackson and Johnson and be loaded at WR. Like you said you can flip one to upgrade another position.

yeah. I figured as much. Just hope that CJ2k returns to form.

Dutchrudder
10-11-2011, 01:58 PM
standard yahoo league NON ppr.
1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex, 1 tight end, 1 def, 1 kicker

I'm just a little gun shy mainly bc of this stat:
forte 345 receiving yards (in addition to his 440 rushing yds)
AJ and Roddy each have 352 receiving yards

In an NON-PPR league, I would advise against this trade. Roddy White hasn't been as good as I had hoped this year, and AJ is out for another week or so, plus a bye in week 11. Your team would have 4 #1 WRs if you do this trade, and only two #1 RBs. You can't play all 4 WRs at once, but you can play all three RBs. I like your setup as it is, and if anything, I would try to trade CJ for AJ or White if you really want one of them and the other guy is hard up for RBs.

ultimatepaki
10-11-2011, 04:44 PM
In an NON-PPR league, I would advise against this trade. Roddy White hasn't been as good as I had hoped this year, and AJ is out for another week or so, plus a bye in week 11. Your team would have 4 #1 WRs if you do this trade, and only two #1 RBs. You can't play all 4 WRs at once, but you can play all three RBs. I like your setup as it is, and if anything, I would try to trade CJ for AJ or White if you really want one of them and the other guy is hard up for RBs.

i see. the guy has miles austin as well. I know he's coming off an injury too, but is he a better option than roddy?

Dutchrudder
10-11-2011, 05:42 PM
i see. the guy has miles austin as well. I know he's coming off an injury too, but is he a better option than roddy?

Yeah, I like miles more than Roddy for the future. You might try trading CJ and Vincent Jackson for two of White/AJ/Austin. Do you have any Other RBs available?

ultimatepaki
10-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I like miles more than Roddy for the future. You might try trading CJ and Vincent Jackson for two of White/AJ/Austin. Do you have any Other RBs available?

I have fred jackson as well, but the other guy doesn't seem to want him. no rbs on my bench though. I might end up just staying as is and sticking with these 3 rbs.

Dutchrudder
10-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I have fred jackson as well, but the other guy doesn't seem to want him. no rbs on my bench though. I might end up just staying as is and sticking with these 3 rbs.

Well you're going to need a third RB either way, so you might want to make sure you get one in any trade you do.

Texans34Life
10-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Trade Proposal:

Frank Gore for Peyton Hillis and Jermaine Gresham.

I have Frank Gore. Should I do it?

Dutchrudder
10-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Trade Proposal:

Frank Gore for Peyton Hillis and Jermaine Gresham.

I have Frank Gore. Should I do it?

Probably not. Who are your RBs and TEs?

Texans34Life
10-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Probably not. Who are your RBs and TEs?

RBs:

SJax
Gore
C. Johnson

TE:

Jake Ballard
Dallas Clark

Dutchrudder
10-13-2011, 02:00 PM
RBs:

SJax
Gore
C. Johnson

TE:

Jake Ballard
Dallas Clark

Doesn't seem like you gain much there. Gresham is doing alright, but your RBs are already kind of thin. I would stick with Gore as I think his production will be worth more than what you would gain by dropping down to Hillis and upgrading to Gresham. See if you can trade CJ or SJax instead. Gore's too good for that.

Blake
10-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Gresham is on the waiver wire in some leagues. Not worth trading for. Just depends on who you think will miss more games. Gore to injury, or Hillis to disgruntled disgruntleness.

ultimatepaki
10-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Gresham is on the waiver wire in some leagues. Not worth trading for. Just depends on who you think will miss more games. Gore to injury, or Hillis to disgruntled disgruntleness.

yeah I just don't think much of Hillis at all. i would hold onto gore in your case.

Heath Shuler
10-21-2011, 03:23 PM
I give

Felix Jones
Calvin Johnson

for
Tebow
Michael Turner
Mark Ingram

thoughts/opinions?

Dutchrudder
10-21-2011, 03:42 PM
I give

Felix Jones
Calvin Johnson

for
Tebow
Michael Turner
Mark Ingram

thoughts/opinions?

Helllllllllll no. CJ > all 4 of those other guys combined. Do you not have any other RBs?

Heath Shuler
10-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Helllllllllll no. CJ > all 4 of those other guys combined. Do you not have any other RBs?

my rbs:
arian foster
marshawn lynch
felix jones

my team sucks

Blake
10-27-2011, 02:44 PM
my rbs:
arian foster
marshawn lynch
felix jones

my team sucks

Ingram is nicked up and Tebow sucks IMO. Dont do it. Find another trade partner.

Blake
10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Non PPR. I am trying to get Dez Bryant from this guy who needs a 2nd RB bad. I am offering Ben Tate and Felix Jones for Bryant. Would he consider this deal, or what would it take to sweeten this deal for him to accept?

He has:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB Arian Foster
RB Bernard Scott
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Dez Bryant
WR Antonio Brown
TE Aaron Hernandez

Bench: Dallas Clark
Bench: Joseph Addai
Bench: Joe Flacco
Bench: Danarius Moore
Bench: Michael Bush
Bench: Darrius Heyward-Bey
Bench: Plexiglass Burress

I have:
QB Cam Newton
RB Ray Rice
RB Steven Jackson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Jeremy Maclin
WR Brandon Lloyd
TE Jared Cook

Bench: Greg Olsen
Bench: Shonn Greene
Bench: Ben Tate
Bench: Felix Jones
Bench: Damaryius Thomas
Bench: Maurice Morris
Bench: Terrell Owens

Dutchrudder
10-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Try Tate or Jones and include Brandon Lloyd in the deal as his new WR#3. He may be deluded into thinking Lloyd will do well with Bradford.

Texans34Life
10-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Confused on if I should do either trade:

Starks RB/GB
Desean Jackson WR/PHI

for

Chris Johnson RB/TEN - I have him.

or.....

Starks RB/GB
Desean Jackson WR/PHI
Kolb QB/ARI

for

Jay Cutler QB/CHI

What do you guys think? Should I even do these?

Ckw
10-28-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm curious what you guys think of the trade I just did. I am 3-4 and needed to shake things up.

I sent Lesean McCoy, Brandon Marshall, Jonathan Stewart, and Eric Decker.

I received Ray Rice, Hakeem Nicks, and Shonn Greene.

Blake
10-31-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm curious what you guys think of the trade I just did. I am 3-4 and needed to shake things up.

I sent Lesean McCoy, Brandon Marshall, Jonathan Stewart, and Eric Decker.

I received Ray Rice, Hakeem Nicks, and Shonn Greene.

PPR? Hate it.

Non PPR. I like the upgrade from Steward to Greene.

Texans34Life
10-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Confused on if I should do either trade:

Starks RB/GB
Desean Jackson WR/PHI

for

or.....

Starks RB/GB
Desean Jackson WR/PHI
Kolb QB/ARI

for

Jay Cutler QB/CHI

What do you guys think? Should I even do these?

Does anyone have an answer for this one?

Desean isn't doing much, but CJ24 is pretty much a bust all season.

Starks....if Ryan Grant isn't doing anything, he could help at RB for me.

Blake
10-31-2011, 02:44 PM
CJ2K is a waste of space. As long as he isnt trying, he is worthless. If you can get DJ for him then do it. I could care less for Starks or Kolb.

Take the first deal.

Texans34Life
10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks, SM. I did the trade.

Now that Munchak is leaning on Ringer more than CJ, it was a good time to jump on the trade. Hopefully Desean comes through and Starks can pick up his running game or at least get receptions.

Blake
10-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks, SM. I did the trade.

Now that Munchak is leaning on Ringer more than CJ, it was a good time to jump on the trade. Hopefully Desean comes through and Starks can pick up his running game or at least get receptions.

Cool. There is a chance CJ could get a fire lit under his ass, but do you really want to gamble on the coaches being able to get the millionaire to care?

Shaft75
11-02-2011, 11:20 AM
We've changed our league to a keeper league and my RB's are:

Fred Jackson/Ray Rice/Cedric Benson/Mark Ingram

I typically start Jackson/Rice/Benson.

However a guy is offering me Torain for Benson. Benson is really a steady guy to have in the lineup for 7-12 points, but Torain is in a more legit rushing offense and is all potential right now.

What do you guys think? He could also be a keeper.

Blake
11-02-2011, 12:52 PM
We've changed our league to a keeper league and my RB's are:

Fred Jackson/Ray Rice/Cedric Benson/Mark Ingram

I typically start Jackson/Rice/Benson.

However a guy is offering me Torain for Benson. Benson is really a steady guy to have in the lineup for 7-12 points, but Torain is in a more legit rushing offense and is all potential right now.

I like Benson. Also who knows what skelator is going to do in a week from now. He could start Helu for all we know. Benson is the guy.

Shaft75
11-03-2011, 04:19 PM
I like Benson. Also who knows what skelator is going to do in a week from now. He could start Helu for all we know. Benson is the guy.

I feel the same way. Let me ask this... Would you trade Benson for Best? I tried researching his injury status and it's still up in the air. But he's a complete animal when he's on the field!

Dutchrudder
11-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I feel the same way. Let me ask this... Would you trade Benson for Best? I tried researching his injury status and it's still up in the air. But he's a complete animal when he's on the field!

Straight up, yes. Depending on what else you have to throw into the deal, maybe not...

Shaft75
11-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Straight up, yes. Depending on what else you have to throw into the deal, maybe not...

I'm pretty sure I can get him straight up. The concussions though are a little troubling. As far as I know he could not even play this year. Decisions...

Ckw
11-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Should I take an offer of

Chris Johnson and Dwyane Bowe
for
Shonn Greene, Daniel Thomas, and Jordy Nelson

?!?

My Rb's are Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, & Daniel Thomas.

My Wr's are Larry Fitz, Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, Darrius Heyward-Bey

The Cush
11-04-2011, 01:27 AM

for

?!?

My Rb's are Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, & Daniel Thomas.

Why haven't you hit the accept button yet? You're already crowded at the running back position and are weak at WR after Fitz and Nicks. Bowe is the best player involved in that trade and you're getting him. Greene has picked it up lately but has been a bust up until then. I don't have Nicks on any of my teams so I haven't been following him closely but he seems to be off and on injured throughout most of this season. Bowe gives you 3 studs at the WR and you get the potential of CJ2.8 busting out of his slump and reverting back to 1st round status. Either way you're getting the best player (Bowe) and the highest ceiling player (CJ2.8) without giving up much. The other guy is getting trade raped

Blake
11-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm pretty sure I can get him straight up. The concussions though are a little troubling. As far as I know he could not even play this year. Decisions...

Why would you trade for a player who has concussion issues? Do you really want to lose a constantly productive Benson for a guy who may not even come back this year?

Blake
11-04-2011, 08:29 AM

They are talking about Torain not even starting this week. Be glad you didnt trade for him.

Blake
11-04-2011, 08:32 AM

for

?!?

Chris Johnson is worthless. Bowe is hot and cold, and you already have Fitz, Nicks and Nelson.

You need Green in case McFadden foot issue doesnt go away.

I say hold your cards.

Shaft75
11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Why would you trade for a player who has concussion issues? Do you really want to lose a constantly productive Benson for a guy who may not even come back this year?

When he comes back, his scores should be off the charts. Also, I have Jonathan Stewart and Mark Ingram on my bench. I can use one of those guys or a wr, which I have James jones and crabtree.

I think it's worth the risk

Ckw
11-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Chris Johnson is worthless. Bowe is hot and cold, and you already have Fitz, Nicks and Nelson.

You need Green in case McFadden foot issue doesnt go away.

I say hold your cards.

Thanks. I prefer Bush though should McFadden's foot not heal like they think. Bush is better, IMO, than Greene.

Michael Bush that is.

Blake
11-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks. I prefer Bush though should McFadden's foot not heal like they think. Bush is better, IMO, than Greene.

Michael Bush that is.

Your call. Having Bush definitely gives yo some options. I just dont like CJ2.9.

The Cush
11-04-2011, 03:04 PM

Michael Bush that is.

Its a no-brainer for you then. I look at the trade in 2 parts. Statistically the major pieces are Greene/Nelson for Bowe. Greene was a fantasy bust last year and was one all this year until the last few weeks. Since you prefer Bush to Greene and already have Bush, it's basically Nelson for Bowe. I would take that 10/10 times. Nelson unfortunately plays in a GB offense that spreads the ball around. He's nice to have but is not a keeper IMO. The keepers on that offense are Jennings and Finley outside of Rodgers of course. Bowe gets way more opportunities to put up numbers

The second half of the trade is Thomas for CJ2.8. I liked Thomas going into the season and stashed him on as many of my rosters that I could, because he offered you that sleeper rookie upside. He's been injured too much to hang on too now and is basically a waiver-wire juggler. CJ2.8 is playing like trash but he still has a massive upside and can be a huge trade asset if he starts turning it around.

Shaft75
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Agreed above. This guy wanted to give me CJ for a ham sandwich. I wasn't even hungry and still held onto my sandwich!

Dutchrudder
11-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I give:
Vincent Jackson
Willis McGahee

I get:
AJ Green
Ben Tate

I'm 8-1 and McGahee is on my bench. Vjax is so inconsistent that I have been starting Colston in his place lately. I'm looking at the week 15/16 playoff matchups and check this out:
VJax - vs Balt and @Detroit
AJ Green - @ STL and vs Arizona

That's all I'm looking at. My RBs are Ray Rice, Fred Jackson and Michael Turner. Not benching those guys for McGahee unless there is an injury. What do you think?