PDA

View Full Version : NFL Goes Pink in October

Vinny
09-28-2011, 11:31 AM
No word on if the QB's will be in dresses or mini-skirts. Beginning on October 2 and continuing throughout the month, NFL breast cancer awareness games will feature:

Game balls with pink ribbon decals used for every down

Pink equipment for players including: cleats, wristbands, gloves, sideline caps, helmet decals, captains’ patches, chin straps, shoe laces, skull caps, sideline towels, eye shield decals and quarterback towels

Pink coins used for the coin toss

Pink sideline caps for coaches and sideline personnel and pink ribbon pins for coaches and team executives

Pink caps, wristbands, whistles and pins for game officials

On-field pink ribbon stencils and A Crucial Catch wall banners

Pink goal post padding in end zones

Breast cancer awareness track jackets for cheerleaders http://nflcommunications.com/2011/09/28/nfl-supports-breast-cancer-awareness-month-with-third-annual-%E2%80%9Ca-crucial-catch%E2%80%9D-campaign-benefitting-american-cancer-society-2/

gtexan02
09-28-2011, 11:36 AM
:popcorn:
Awaiting Toans response
(Edit: Looks like it'll be a long wait!)

b0ng
09-28-2011, 02:12 PM
They do this every October. I'm sure there will soon be stats that espn.com shows on how good a team performs when wearing pink gear.

Double Barrel
09-28-2011, 02:41 PM
With the on-going modifications to the fundamentals of the game by the league, I expect this one-month-per-season pink for charity will be official NFL colors at some point in the future.

Imatexanfan
09-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Its the "Don't ask, don't tell" of the NFL...:vincepalm:

b0ng
09-28-2011, 10:54 PM
This is beginning to be an annual Texans wear pink while playing the Raiders game.

Grams
10-01-2011, 09:20 AM
I think this is a good cause, even if the guys wear pick.

I have a co-worker that just went through her second surgery for breat cancer. This time she had a double masectomy 2 weeks ago. She will still have to go through some reconstructive surgery. But they feel the cancer will not come back.

She is doing well and will be back to work on Monday - at least part time. She has said that after the first surgery she lost a lot of strength on that side.

Anything the NFL can do to help eradicate any form or cancer is a good thing.

drunkcookie
10-01-2011, 11:00 AM
No prostate cancer awareness month?

The American Cancer Society estimates that almost 34,000 men in the United States will die of prostate cancer in 2011...

Almost 40,000 women were expected to die of breast cancer in 2010...

Why just pink? No color for prostate cancer yet?

HJam72
10-01-2011, 11:07 AM
No prostate cancer awareness month?

The American Cancer Society estimates that almost 34,000 men in the United States will die of prostate cancer in 2011...

Almost 40,000 women were expected to die of breast cancer in 2010...

Why just pink? No color for prostate cancer yet?

Brown?

Personally, I'd rather just see the cheerleaders in pink, and not very much of it. :photos: