PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Britt done for the season (ACL)

b0ng
09-26-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110926/SPORTS01/110926016/Tennessee-Titans-lose-Kenny-Britt-season

Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season, Coach Mike Munchak confirmed this afternoon.

Britt, the team's best skill player through the first two games of the season, was injured in the second quarter of Sunday's win over the Broncos at LP Field.

Confirming The Tennessean's report, Munchak also said Britt suffered a torn MCL and would have surgery within a week. The coach said Britt is a “special guy” and will be hard to replace.

“It is very unfortunate for all of us,” Munchak said.

I swear if we don't win the division we will be a laughing stock.

Dutchrudder
09-26-2011, 04:19 PM
6-0 in the division this year! :D

fiasco west
09-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Said this in another thread. It will take a special effort to lose this division. Either that or a major injury bug.

jaayteetx
09-26-2011, 05:32 PM
well, that sucks...for them, thats all I will say on the subject. hate to revel in others misery, bad mojo.

Hookem Horns
09-26-2011, 05:47 PM
6-0 in the division this year! :D

4-2 market it down.

toronto
09-26-2011, 06:30 PM
4-2 market it down.

After the way the Titans beat the Ravens, don't take the Titans lightly. Much more of a team than just Britt.

Hookem Horns
09-26-2011, 06:38 PM
After the way the Titans beat the Ravens, don't take the Titans lightly. Much more of a team than just Britt.

Yes, I am counting in 1 loss to the Titans and 1 more vs either the Colts or Jags.

CloakNNNdagger
09-26-2011, 07:20 PM
I already posted this in TexansTalk:

This may illustrate why I have had so much concern over Foster's hamstring injury and how he has and/or has been pushed to return to play. Hamstring injuries that are not fully healed set players up for all sorts of other major injuries

This was written just a couple of days before the game yesterday where Britt tore his ACL/MCL (on the right, same side as his hamstring problem).

Britt says hamstring again a concern
September 21, 2011 by JOHN GLENNON, The Tennessean

Wide receiver Kenny Britt was listed as a limited participant in Wednesday’s practice after he said he felt tightness in his hamstring.

The Titans’ official injury report listed Britt as having a thigh injury, but Britt said it was his hamstring. That could be cause for concern, considering Britt missed games last season, as well as training camp and most of the preseason this year, because of hamstring injuries.

“Going out there in that first period of seven-on-seven, it kept on getting tighter and tighter, and it wouldn’t loosen up for me,” Britt said. “I got a little scared so I backed down.”

Britt, who had 14 catches for 271 yards and three touchdowns in the first two games, said he thought he was past the point of worrying about the hamstring.

“I really did (think I was past it),” Britt said. “I hadn’t felt nothing since I’ve been back. It’s been feeling great and wonderful every time I got on the field and today, I don’t know what it was.”

Coach Mike Munchak didn’t seem concerned about the injury, saying he thought Britt would be back on the practice field Thursday.

chicagotexan2
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
That's a shame.

Bulluck53
09-27-2011, 01:47 AM
I already posted this in TexansTalk:

This may illustrate why I have had so much concern over Foster's hamstring injury and how he has and/or has been pushed to return to play. Hamstring injuries that are not fully healed set players up for all sorts of other major injuries

This was written just a couple of days before the game yesterday where Britt tore his ACL/MCL (on the right, same side as his hamstring problem).

That's a good point, Cloak

BattleRedToro
09-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Kenny Britt is a great player. This is unfortunate for him and the Titans.

BigBull17
09-27-2011, 09:19 AM
It's all me. I drafted on my fantasy team:

Britt(ACL)
Miles Austin(Hammy)
Foster(Hammy)
Dwayne Bowe(retired...?)
Olsen(replaced by shocky)
Mercadies Lewis(hammy/bad qb play)
Packers D (injuries/bad play)
Falcons D (Dumbta/bad play)
Turner (1 good game, rest stinkers)
MJD (Bad qb play)

I am the death knell.

Dutchrudder
09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
It's all me. I drafted on my fantasy team:

Britt(ACL)
Miles Austin(Hammy)
Foster(Hammy)
Dwayne Bowe(retired...?)
Olsen(replaced by shocky)
Mercadies Lewis(hammy/bad qb play)
Packers D (injuries/bad play)
Falcons D (Dumbta/bad play)
Turner (1 good game, rest stinkers)
MJD (Bad qb play)

I am the death knell.

Wow, that's quite a list. Swap MJD for JC and you might have the worst team ever.

BigBull17
09-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Which is funny, cause I was super jacked after my draft.Felt like I got a bunch of steals.

Mr. Texan
09-27-2011, 05:29 PM
:evil: